PDA

View Full Version : Glad Bump is staying on- Gibson needs to be retained also

Coach34
11-28-2023, 09:44 PM
Rod does a helluva job for us.

preachermatt83
11-28-2023, 09:47 PM
No. He absolutely doesn’t. At all. I personally know a high school coach at a large school with d-1 talent that pushes his kids to anywhere but state for one reason. Rod Gibson

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-28-2023, 09:59 PM
Well, I think we just found out another of C34's "connections" on this staff lol

Coach34
11-28-2023, 10:15 PM
And I know 10 coaches around the state that absolutely love Gibson. He is a huge asset for us around Mississippi

preachermatt83
11-28-2023, 10:31 PM
And I know 10 coaches around the state that absolutely love Gibson. He is a huge asset for us around Mississippi

I personally know 4 of the top ten players In The state that can’t stand him. So take it for it what it’s worth

ZedFedder
11-28-2023, 10:33 PM
I personally know 4 of the top ten players In The state that can’t stand him. So take it for it what it’s worth

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I bet you do.

preachermatt83
11-28-2023, 10:34 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I bet you do.

Lol. I do. Pm me and I’ll tell you exactly who.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 10:43 PM
Lol. I do. Pm me and I’ll tell you exactly who.

Rod has been an asset for a long time. I'm sure someone out there doesn't like him. Doesn't change the fact he's helped. Maybe Lebby keeps him maybe not. Hope he does.

vindastra
11-28-2023, 10:44 PM
Well, I think we just found out another of C34's "connections" on this staff lol

Let him have his connections. Can't stand the name calling when the insider information dries up.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 10:51 PM

I won't say who you know or don't know. Maybe you do. But your own Philly boy hated ole miss too..... right until.... so maybe just maybe .... the same thing is talking in those cases.

LC Dawg
11-28-2023, 10:51 PM
No. He absolutely doesn’t. At all. I personally know a high school coach at a large school with d-1 talent that pushes his kids to anywhere but state for one reason. Rod Gibson

Explain why this coach does this. If he pushes kids to anywhere but State that sounds personal.

confucius say
11-28-2023, 11:06 PM

What is about Rod that they and the HS coach you referenced don't like?

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2023, 11:31 PM
What is about Rod that they and the HS coach you referenced don't like?

To be honest, and this is nothing against Rod because I understand he has to do it sometimes, but he is a little too chummy with some of those same people I talk about that loved the old staff because they would come drink with them at Two Brothers and tell them how gosh darn cool they were.

Todd4State
11-29-2023, 04:18 AM
If we're increasing our off the field staff and recruiting presence I can't imagine us letting Rod Gibson go.

Reunion Dog
11-29-2023, 07:31 AM
Has become lazy and has NO media savvy. Go look at his tweets?..He should be a guy with 500+ likes ..: even a couple of thousand. He is lucky to get 5 freaking likes on some stuff. Not someone I want ass the FRONT MAN of recruiting for my Alma Mater

Coach34
11-30-2023, 08:36 PM
https://x.com/RGibsonMSU/status/1730380298204889587?s=20

Good job Lebbo

preachermatt83
11-30-2023, 08:52 PM
Has become lazy and has NO media savvy. Go look at his tweets?..He should be a guy with 500+ likes ..: even a couple of thousand. He is lucky to get 5 freaking likes on some stuff. Not someone I want ass the FRONT MAN of recruiting for my Alma Mater

Hear here

Coach34
11-30-2023, 09:06 PM
Rod is the new Tony Hughes. He is very critical to us

DownwardDawg
11-30-2023, 09:20 PM
Explain why this coach does this. If he pushes kids to anywhere but State that sounds personal.

I met a HS coach that played at State. He told me he would steer his players away from State as long as Dan Mullen was our coach. I just walked away. I was speechless and the setting was around a bunch of kids so I didn't ask any questions.
People get "hurt" and act irrationally for years afterwards sometimes.

StarkVegasSteve
11-30-2023, 09:24 PM
I met a HS coach that played at State. He told me he would steer his players away from State as long as Dan Mullen was our coach. I just walked away. I was speechless and the setting was around a bunch of kids so I didn't ask any questions.
People get "hurt" and act irrationally for years afterwards sometimes.

It is very easy. These coaches get hurt because some of the coaches will not take their calls or listen to them droll on about their offense and how amazing it is so they decide they will blackball that school to their players.

DownwardDawg
11-30-2023, 09:30 PM
It is very easy. These coaches get hurt because some of the coaches will not take their calls or listen to them droll on about their offense and how amazing it is so they decide they will blackball that school to their players.

Yep

coachnorm
12-01-2023, 10:58 AM
In 2023 college coaches gain access to prospects thru HUDL. If the HUDL is available, the coach can not quarantine any player from any coach. How can a prospect get his phone number, email address, or HUDL quashed by any high school coach?

Coach34
12-01-2023, 11:20 AM
In 2023 college coaches gain access to prospects thru HUDL. If the HUDL is available, the coach can not quarantine any player from any coach. How can a prospect get his phone number, email address, or HUDL quashed by any high school coach?

This all day- coaches have less control over kids than ever. Twitter, Hudl, Snapchat, texting, etc. Coaches have little control over how players are recruited except for that initial meeting with a coach when they end the season and begin recruiting. College coaches ask about their recruitable players and what their behavior and transcripts look like. You get some diamonds this way but the top kids are already known and have been approached.

7on7 coaches have as much pull or even more than alot of HS coaches today as well

confucius say
12-01-2023, 01:17 PM

And they get upset about a college coach not taking their guys.