PDA

View Full Version : Po ole Mittittippi Tate is so broke in NIL

bobcat91
11-28-2023, 07:21 PM
That in 12 days we have almost reached 2.5 million extra dollars for football and this drive is still going. Those of you who constantly down the program and our NIL suck in the game of life. Nope, we aren't Tennessee or LSU or Bama, but we are well situated in the middle of the league.

msudawg1200
11-28-2023, 07:26 PM
That in 12 days we have almost reached 2.5 million extra dollars for football and this drive is still going. Those of you who constantly down the program and our NIL suck in the game of life. Nope, we aren't Tennessee or LSU or Bama, but we are well situated in the middle of the league.
Looking at you Jean34

msstate7
11-28-2023, 07:29 PM
Where are we vs OM?

Maroonthirteen
11-28-2023, 07:38 PM

TALL DAWG
11-28-2023, 08:05 PM
Who is this OM of which u speak

Coach34
11-28-2023, 08:09 PM
Looking at you Jean34

okkkkkk- we didnt have money and now we are working at raising it. Basically what I said needed to happen. Not sure why I'm getting the call out.

cheewgumm
11-28-2023, 08:11 PM
WE dont need to focus on a grand total.

It is going to be a constant need....there is never an end to the $ we will need.

Jarius
11-28-2023, 08:53 PM

It is going to be a constant need....there is never an end to the $ we will need.

We have a couple of big donors that have agreed to do big money on a yearly basis. One agreed to do a million a year. We always need a lot more though.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 08:57 PM

This is the point. Always need more tomorrow.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2023, 09:26 PM
Where are we vs OM?

Didn't Ole Miss borrow money and are paying it back with NIL donations?

Dawghouse
11-28-2023, 11:09 PM
So he's covering the QB, just need about 15 more to step up and we'll have a good annual for 22 players.

msstate7
11-28-2023, 11:14 PM

I have no idea. Just wanting a reference point to compare what we have.

confucius say
11-28-2023, 11:18 PM

Yea they did. Had some big boosters personally guarantee the loan. I don't know this for sure, but I think David Nutt was one of them. Don't know that for sure.

C&DDAWG32
11-28-2023, 11:42 PM
okkkkkk- we didnt have money and now we are working at raising it. Basically what I said needed to happen. Not sure why I'm getting the call out.

Because you constantly down the program. That?s the reason for the call out.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2023, 11:49 PM
This is the point. Always need more tomorrow.

Yep have to have the revenue every year to make the payroll. It's where college sports are at this point

msudawg1200
11-29-2023, 05:56 AM
Because you constantly down the program. That?s the reason for the call out.

Exactly. And talks up how far ahead of us and great Mississippi is. Then takes up for the shittiest coaching staff in our modern history that was burying our program in the ground.

Coach34
11-29-2023, 10:52 AM
I pointed out our NIL was low in the SEC- we hire a new coach who realizes the same thing and tells us to get off our ass and raise money.

Now we are raising money.

It's not hard to understand

CoachT14
11-29-2023, 11:13 AM
I pointed out our NIL was low in the SEC- we hire a new coach who realizes the same thing and tells us to get off our ass and raise money.

We had raised $5 million before he got hired for football specifically. You didn't do shit.

Coach34
11-29-2023, 11:15 AM
Rightttttttt

And here I why I posted what I did. The costs of players are rising:

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1769807/huard-wsu-cam-ward-transfer-offers/

RockyDog
11-29-2023, 11:30 AM
Exactly. And talks up how far ahead of us and great Mississippi is. Then takes up for the shittiest coaching staff in our modern history that was burying our program in the ground.

Well, you can argue whether it was a stupid move or not but scUM spent more on their QB room than we did on our entire offense. And whatever they paid Tre Harris was a steal. Whatever we paid to retain Too Loose, we got robbed.

Coursesuper
11-29-2023, 11:31 AM
Lots of bitching at C34 here and he was not wrong, he try's really hard not to look at things through maroon colored glasses, something that many here should to do too. We started out from greatly disadvantaged position due to lack of vision from a previous AD, now due to the tireless efforts of two men and a new direction with support from the AD things are turning the corner for the good. But, we are still playing from behind and we absolutely do not and never will have the resources of most of the institutions in our league. The men that are moving the NIL forward are well aware of these facts and they know that we have to out work and out think the competition, that's what we do. Kudos to the gentlemen that are leading the BI keep giving it all you have, its sink or swim now in and ever evolving environment , great job y'all.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2023, 11:39 AM
I have no idea. Just wanting a reference point to compare what we have.

They topped out at 10 million. A lot of that I believe was borrowed. I am sure they spent a bunch of it on QB's.

confucius say
11-29-2023, 12:43 PM
Rightttttttt

And here I why I posted what I did. The costs of players are rising:

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1769807/huard-wsu-cam-ward-transfer-offers/

He's right. We were at 5 million just for football before lebby was hired. Actually a little over.
If the guys are there who are worth the value, I expect us to spend to 4-5 million on this cycle (includes paying current guys I'm assuming).

Commercecomet24
11-29-2023, 12:48 PM

Exactly! The only way to get a serious HC or keep one is go ante up with nil. No one is going to go into this without that commitment. Would be career suicide.

cheewgumm
11-29-2023, 02:48 PM
Hopefully we are pushing to get a lot of people signed up for monthly donations.

That is the way. It should be a campaign . I?m worried the NiL peopl see the power of this.

MBDawg601
11-29-2023, 02:52 PM
Hopefully we are pushing to get a lot of people signed up for monthly donations.

That is the way. It should be a campaign . I?m worried the NiL peopl see the power of this.

Is it against the rules to provide something back to the monthly subscribers? They could do like a SWAG box or something that goes up in tiers the more you donate monthly. Exclusive hats/shirts/chairs/Player signed memorabilia ect.. Something to reward people monthly to keep it fresh and keep people wanting to continue to contribute.

cheewgumm
11-29-2023, 02:54 PM
Great idea. Agree.

Dawgology
11-29-2023, 02:58 PM
Is it against the rules to provide something back to the monthly subscribers? They could do like a SWAG box or something that goes up in tiers the more you donate monthly. Exclusive hats/shirts/chairs/Player signed memorabilia ect.. Something to reward people monthly to keep it fresh and keep people wanting to continue to contribute.
Nothing is against the rules. You could do all kinds of things. Meet and greet with players and coaches, autographed memorabilia based on donation level, special seats within the stadium and at different events, swag, all kinds of stuff to increase donations. You could even do a pay site/ recruiting service to see targets for recruiting. None of it could be directly associated to the university but it could be handled at a 3rd person level as a private entity.

Op4isabitch
11-29-2023, 03:08 PM
MSU has more billionaires than OM. We just need them to push some $ toward sports.
OM does a better job getting donations from the mids.