PDA

View Full Version : IMHO no previous FB staff member should be retained, NOBODY!

woof
11-28-2023, 04:46 PM
IMHO due to bad juju & bad karma from 2023 season - no previous coach should be retained or kept.

A new coach probably does not want to balance a NEW VISION with a previous vision and staff, considered old, not by age but by vision. This is a new vision, a new mentality, a new way of running a football program. We can't have any previous coach blocking the positive vision & goals coming now from Lebby.

I suspect Lebby has his own guys who are LIGHT YEARS LEGIT ahead of the 2023 staff.

As far as recruiting - one can already see Lebby will be able to connect to MS players, families, mothers, grandma, etc. I don't think he will need ANY previous coach from last year to do this. He knows how to recruit, doesn't need dated ideas from last year.

Before you sentimentalist start talking about Bump or Hughes or Turner - there are more qualified, better performing coaches who have SEC experience & who taught a WR how to catch a football, taught an RB how to run & block or taught a DL how to rush a QB from the DL. Some of you act like Bump/Hughes/Turner are somehow sacred??? I hate to say this, but sadly, the game has past all of them by, it's sad and honest truth. Now, with Bump, he just doesn't have a track record of performance with WR players req. in the SEC. I don't mind him working for the University in some kind of funding role or something for NIL since he is still young, but not on the field. Lebby can find a much better WR coach.

Sadly, if you take out the emotions: they all had their chance and all of their performance results came back as: 5-7 w/Egg Bowl loss and 1-7 in the SEC.

This is the only thing to analyze: data, results and performance. These guys did not perform or could not connect or didn't have the energy left as they once did. Again, appreciate all their efforts and work for MSU FB, but their time has passed.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2023, 04:51 PM
I'd happily donate some of my vCash so you could hire an editor with a penchant for brevity.***

parabrave
11-28-2023, 04:52 PM
Someone forgot his ADD Meds this morning/ Sorry Tater.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 04:58 PM
I get your point but miss isn't the same as other states in recruiting someone needs to know the lay of the land. Now if the head of recruiting doesn't listen, ie emerick and Dudek then it doesn't matter and fire em all.

confucius say
11-28-2023, 05:01 PM
I get your point but miss isn't the same as other states in recruiting someone needs to know the lay of the land. Now if the head of recruiting doesn't listen, ie emerick and Dudek then it doesn't matter and fire em all.

Speaking of head of recruiting, whom is going to fill the GM role? I'm assuming we will have one

vindastra
11-28-2023, 05:01 PM
Someone forgot his ADD Meds this morning/ Sorry Tater.

Naah, Tater never let his cat sit on the keyboard.

Cooterpoot
11-28-2023, 05:02 PM
We aren't getting rid of everybody, so your juju is yours.

Tripp McNeely
11-28-2023, 05:03 PM
Nah, we should keep Bump

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2023, 05:07 PM
Nah, we should keep Bump

Does not sound like we will and honestly that might be best. Our receivers were bad last year. There is no way around it. Whether he was being hamstrung by Barbay, or Peterson, or Arnett, or whoever it really does not matter. At the end of the day he is the position coach and that position looked terrible. Running into each other, wrong routes, missed assignments, drops, etc. I mean that position group had a ton of problems. And honestly if the only reason we are keeping him is Harrell and to have a shot at Cunningham then we need to move on anyways.

Coursesuper
11-28-2023, 05:11 PM
I'd happily donate some of my vCash so you could hire an editor with a penchant for brevity.***

I’m in on that.

dawggoneit
11-28-2023, 05:12 PM
Ok let's get this straight. To remove bad juju and get the swag going we need to get rid of everyone one that had anything to do with the previous staff and all the old blue haired fans. It would be better to relocate the dead Indians that have had some major bad juju over us for years.

Coursesuper
11-28-2023, 05:16 PM
Nah, we should keep Bump

I have seen do many say this and have yet to understand why. This offense was awful, like historically bad. And it’s not recruiting that is also just plain awful. I guess the rationale is that he is a beloved player from the past. Correct.

DEDawg
11-28-2023, 05:20 PM
Nah, we should keep Bump

Why? Our WR were pretty bad and his recruiting is nothing impressive

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2023, 05:21 PM
I have seen do many say this and have yet to understand why. This offense was awful, like historically bad. And it’s not recruiting that is also just plain awful. I guess the rationale is that he is a beloved player from the past. Correct.

I have came to the same conclusion. If this was Mike Schmidt coaching receivers or Kevin Barbay and they looked like this we would have been screaming for them to go. Some are trying to make excuses because Bumphis played at State. His group was just plain BAD. They had way too much talent and ability to look like they did this year.

FISHDAWG
11-28-2023, 05:24 PM
His opinion is anything but humble.... or experienced

Mjoelner34
11-28-2023, 05:30 PM

It's the same reason multiple people have pushed for Boobie to be hired as RB coach. Do you remember that a few years ago?

Coursesuper
11-28-2023, 05:32 PM
It's the same reason multiple people have pushed for Boobie to be hired as RB coach. Do you remember that a few years ago?

Oh yea.

confucius say
11-28-2023, 05:36 PM
Nah, we should keep Bump

Why. His group was undisciplined on and off the field. Drops, wrong routes, blocking on pass plays, blindside blocks, suspensions, etc...

C&DDAWG32
11-28-2023, 05:46 PM
I don't mind Bump only because he is a former player and would like him to have to opportunity to excel under Lebby. BUT, if Lebby thinks he would be more of a burden then cut him loose.

Tripp McNeely
11-28-2023, 06:03 PM
If we can get Stonka back (which you can't blame on Bump), we'll sign 3 4-star WRs in his first recruiting cycle!

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-28-2023, 06:05 PM
Bumphis is staying. And I don?t see how Bumphis can be judged by this dumpster fire of an offense this year. Kyle Whittingham obviously thought Bumphis could coach

Coursesuper
11-28-2023, 06:10 PM
If we can get Stonka back (which you can't blame on Bump), we'll sign 3 4-star WRs in his first recruiting cycle!

I get that line of thinking, but is it a good move to keep a coach for a recruit when he has no experience with the system coming in? That’s leveraging the future for one player don’t you think?

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2023, 06:15 PM
My take: Lebby gets to keep who he wants and not keep those he doesn't.

Tripp McNeely
11-28-2023, 06:18 PM
Bumphis is staying. And I don?t see how Bumphis can be judged by this dumpster fire of an offense this year. Kyle Whittingham obviously thought Bumphis could coach

I get that line of thinking, but is it a good move to keep a coach for a recruit when he has no experience with the system coming in? That’s leveraging the future for one player don’t you think?

I don't know how anyone could look at everything going on on the field this year and even begin to blame Bump (or really even give him a true evaluation) for how the WRs played. The only thing that you can really evaluate him on is his recruiting, and he's KILLING that!

Coursesuper
11-28-2023, 06:22 PM
I don't know how anyone could look at everything going on on the field this year and even begin to blame Bump (or really even give him a true evaluation) for how the WRs played. The only thing that you can really evaluate him on is his recruiting, and he's KILLING that!

If the new guy wants to keep him and is comfortable with it then good. But to keep a guy because he’s a fan favorite that thinks he does one part of his job well makes zero sense.

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2023, 06:37 PM

Killing it?? He has gotten one recruit. Harrell. And maybe can get one back in Burnside. That is not killing it. Killing it would be multiple 4 and 5 stars. Again, I think you have to take the maroon colored glasses off. Whittingham and Ludwig have never had bad WR play at Utah so I do not think that is Bumphis as much as it is that offense and it being second nature at Utah.

I mean if Lebby wants to keep him then I am good with it. I just do not think we are going to lose all our receivers because Bumphis is let go.

Coursesuper
11-28-2023, 06:45 PM
Killing it?? He has gotten one recruit. Harrell. And maybe can get one back in Burnside. That is not killing it. Killing it would be multiple 4 and 5 stars. Again, I think you have to take the maroon colored glasses off. Whittingham and Ludwig have never had bad WR play at Utah so I do not think that is Bumphis as much as it is that offense and it being second nature at Utah.

I mean if Lebby wants to keep him then I am good with it. I just do not think we are going to lose all our receivers because Bumphis is let go.

I feel these ole boys believe way too much of what Rosey prints.

Tripp McNeely
11-28-2023, 06:45 PM

I mean he's being kept...so, it's kind of a moot point, but we're about to get Mario Craver...another 4-star, if we can get Stonka back, that's 3...have we ever signed 3 4-star receivers in the same class? Hell, have we ever signed 2?

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2023, 06:51 PM
I mean he's being kept...so, it's kind of a moot point, but we're about to get Mario Craver...another 4-star, if we can get Stonka back, that's 3...have we ever signed 3 4-star receivers in the same class? Hell, have we ever signed 2?

Whop, Guidry, and Heath. All in the same class.

Coursesuper
11-28-2023, 06:53 PM

How has said he’s being kept?

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2023, 06:55 PM
I feel these ole boys believe way too much of what Rosey prints.

Well they have listened to Hadad, Rosebowl, and Faulk for years make him out to be the second coming of Brian Hartline. What most do not understand is that they do this because he feeds them info. Rosebowl still has other sources but Faulk and Hadad do not have any outside of him, other than being fed exactly what the program wants in the media.

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2023, 06:56 PM
How has said he’s being kept?

No one. Rosebowl and Faulk have just about resigned themselves to the fact that he will not be kept.

Tripp McNeely
11-28-2023, 07:00 PM
No one. Rosebowl and Faulk have just about resigned themselves to the fact that he will not be kept.

The on3 folks seem to be hinting around the exact opposite...Paul has even come out and said that he's going to be retained

Commercecomet24
11-28-2023, 07:03 PM
Someone needs to take a Valium and calm down. It's all gonna be ok and lebby will get who he wants and there's absolutely people on this staff who we need to keep. Now if Lebby decides he doesn't want anyone then I'm good with that too.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2023, 07:05 PM
My take: Lebby gets to keep who he wants and not keep those he doesn't.

100%!

Tripp McNeely
11-28-2023, 07:06 PM
Someone needs to take a Valium and calm down. It's all gonna be ok and lebby will get who he wants and there's absolutely people on this staff who we need to keep. Now if Lebby decides he doesn't want anyone then I'm good with that too.

^^^this!

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2023, 07:08 PM

Correct. I could care less who we keep/can. Getting rid of the brain fart trust of Arnett, Peterson, and Friend is the biggest gain in all of this.

was21
11-28-2023, 07:13 PM
Zac Selmon is the GM. We don't need a go between.

Coursesuper
11-28-2023, 07:30 PM
100%!

Amen to that, let tre man decide who he wants.

Cooterpoot
11-28-2023, 08:56 PM

And he's going to pull Cunningham too. Probably about to get a guy that was committed to Auburn too.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 08:59 PM
Speaking of head of recruiting, whom is going to fill the GM role? I'm assuming we will have one

Lebby has his own guy. I heard a guy coming for sc position but I'll save the name.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 09:01 PM
I have came to the same conclusion. If this was Mike Schmidt coaching receivers or Kevin Barbay and they looked like this we would have been screaming for them to go. Some are trying to make excuses because Bumphis played at State. His group was just plain BAD. They had way too much talent and ability to look like they did this year.

Correct. It's the greatest double standard ever. I get it he's one of our own but the wr were atrocious. So if it's the coaches fault at one position it's his for wr.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 09:03 PM

If we get stonka it won't be bc of bump. Just like losing him wasn't bumps fault.

Tough Dawg
11-28-2023, 09:04 PM
Don?t we have to pay Bumphis 1.2mil if we don?t retain him?

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 09:05 PM

So we should keep friend too??? I'm trying to figure out the difference. And look I'm ok w keeping bump if Lebby wants to.

Cooterpoot
11-28-2023, 09:05 PM
Correct. It's the greatest double standard ever. I get it he's one of our own but the wr were atrocious. So if it's the coaches fault at one position it's his for wr.

You thought Tulu and Zavion were atrocious? Naw, they weren't. Robinson was banged up has a bad attitude. Walley was hurt. We played too much TE BS. Refused to play Creed. We had WRs wide ass open all season with nobody to get them the ball. The HC and OC were awful. The team was done with what was happening out there.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 09:06 PM
Don?t we have to pay Bumphis 1.2mil if we don?t retain him?

Bump if he was in a 3 year deal yeas more than that but I only knew the assistants were in 2 years deals. But maybe he was the exception

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 09:08 PM
You thought Tulu and Zavion were atrocious? Naw, they weren't. Robinson was banged up has a bad attitude. Walley was hurt. We played too much TE BS. Refused to play Creed. We had WRs wide ass open all season with nobody to get them the ball. The HC and OC were awful.

No. They caught it when we threw it to them. However, they blocked when they were the target multiple times on screens. They blocked downfield when everyone else thought they should be on a pass route. They screwed up mesh routes multiple times. So is that on the kids ? Maybe. But every other position our shitty play is in the coaches. So yeah, our wr play was bad. It happened a lot.

Eta and yes the head coach and O.C. were awful we can agree on that. Just one see why umi gets a pass. And again, I like bump. And clearly, I'm not the only one who saw it. I didn't make it up.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 09:11 PM

I'm ok w keeping him. Better do better though

Todd4State
11-29-2023, 04:22 AM
You thought Tulu and Zavion were atrocious? Naw, they weren't. Robinson was banged up has a bad attitude. Walley was hurt. We played too much TE BS. Refused to play Creed. We had WRs wide ass open all season with nobody to get them the ball. The HC and OC were awful. The team was done with what was happening out there.

Tulu's attitude and body language were pretty bad at the end of the year.