PDA

View Full Version : I know it is early but we are fans so what is floor and ceiling W-L next year

R2Dawg
11-28-2023, 12:25 PM
Assuming we get right QB transfer in and some other key players.

I say 6-6 and I still feel good if we look like a team on the rise (09 Mullen) Saying we go 4-0 OC and we can beat Ark and UF at home.

8-4 is ceiling - maybe we steal 2 of OM, UT or TAMU.

No Bama and no LSU.

What yall think?

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 12:28 PM
I think you are spot on with 8-4 ceiling. 6-6 (competitive games) would not be a huge disappointment. I do not see us falling short of 6-6. Arnett and Co almost had us there and we had one of the worst offenses in modern day football that I have seen.

munk_munk92
11-28-2023, 12:33 PM
I agree with top post. 6 wins should be a give me but I think we will get 1 more so I'm saying 7-5 floor and 9-3 ceiling.

TrapGame
11-28-2023, 12:39 PM
I think we go 7-5. A couple of those 5 losses are by a touchdown or less. It will be a very entertaining season.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2023, 12:41 PM

I say 6-6 and I still feel good if we look like a team on the rise (09 Mullen) Saying we go 4-0 OC and we can beat Ark and UF at home.

No Bama and no LSU.

What yall think?

3-9, 6-6

Mjoelner34
11-28-2023, 12:42 PM
I think considering the following factors: 1. How we do in the portal because we are losing a ton of experience. 2. How fast we pick up the new offense and defense. 3. How well the staff gels.

Floor 5-7: 4 non-conf. and 1 of UPIG or FL at home.

Ceiling 8-4: 4 non-conf. w/ UPIG, FL and 2 of Ole Miss, aTm or Mizzou.

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 12:43 PM
I think considering the following factors: 1. How we do in the portal because we are losing a ton of experience. 2. How fast we pick up the new offense and defense. 3. How well the staff gels.

How awesome would it be if we put Pittman and Sunbelt Billy out of a job next season?

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 12:46 PM

No Bama and no LSU.

What yall think?

There is no way to give either wo a roster w portal additions. We will have to get numerous really good ones to keep the floor above 4. With that said, I hope we do. But I'll let it play out and see what the roster looks like and go from there.

TrapGame
11-28-2023, 12:46 PM
How awesome would it be if we put Pittman and Sunbelt Billy out of a job next season?

If a first year head coach at Mississippi State beats Pittman and Napier all hell will break loose in those fan bases.

Coach34
11-28-2023, 01:08 PM
really hard to make this call before we see what is added to the roster. We are losing a helluva lot of guys

CoachT14
11-28-2023, 01:09 PM
It all depends on what happens in the portal. I'm going to assume we are able to cover most of our holes in the portal until proven otherwise.

With that in mind,

Floor: 6-6
Ceiling: 9-3

Ceiling would mean we absolutely nailed the portal and had a top 20 offense with top 40ish defense.
A good portal QB immediately means 6-6 to me. Our defense will be the middle of the pack imo with minimal movement there besides at safety and DL

Dawgface
11-28-2023, 01:11 PM
Poll us after Spring practice. Will have a better idea then.

Op4isabitch
11-28-2023, 01:13 PM

This is why I think getting the QB from Oklahoma is a big deal. Plug and play, he knows the offense and can help get receivers and linemen on the right page quicker.

CaptainObvious
11-28-2023, 01:18 PM
Anywhere between 2-10 and 6-6. most likely 5-7 again. Better start working on this years academics to get that APR up!!!😳

HancockCountyDog
11-28-2023, 01:19 PM
There is no way to give either wo a roster w portal additions. We will have to get numerous really good ones to keep the floor above 4. With that said, I hope we do. But I'll let it play out and see what the roster looks like and go from there.

This is the right answer. We simply have no idea what the roster will look like next year as of today. We are losing a ton of players off the 2023 team.

If we get the right portal players, 7-5 is possible, but we have a lot of holes to fill.

R2Dawg
11-28-2023, 01:29 PM
Some of yall are missing the spirit of the OP. This is not a prediction thread. I ain't predicting anything either till I see the roster, etc.

Just assume a few things on roster and look at our schedule. What record do you see?

Matt3467
11-28-2023, 01:31 PM
No Bama but we get Georgia and Texas in Texas.

BigDawg81
11-28-2023, 01:56 PM

No Bama and no LSU.

What yall think? Just get bowl eligibility and I will be happy. I think Gabriel has a year left of eligibility. Lebby needs to get him in the portal and get him to go to State.

HancockCountyDog
11-28-2023, 02:14 PM
The SEC schedule is not helpful:

Arkansas
Florida
Missouri
Texas A&M
@Georgia
@Tennessee
@Texas
@bears

Not the worst home schedule, Arkansas definitely considered a win. The other 3 are probably toss ups at best, depending on how those teams improve through the portal. The road games will be tough.

Hot Rock
11-28-2023, 02:19 PM
really hard to make this call before we see what is added to the roster. We are losing a helluva lot of guys

I finally agree with C34. See what he said and add

State's Out of Conf games should all be wins with 3 to start the season. After that, there aren't many winnable games with the current roster which doesn't have a starting ... lots of stuff.

As C34 pointed out, we are losing a lot.

Currently, with the assumption we get some in portal, I say 5 wins is my floor and 6 my ceiling until the portal brings something I do not expect.

TrapGame
11-28-2023, 02:21 PM
The SEC schedule is not helpful:

Arkansas
Florida
Missouri
Texas A&M
@Georgia
@Tennessee
@Texas
@bears

Not the worst home schedule, Arkansas definitely considered a win. The other 3 are probably toss ups at best, depending on how those teams improve through the portal. The road games will be tough.

I actually would add Florida with Arkansas for the definite win as well. Florida's defense may not be any better next year.

ETA: Win all our OOC games and beat OM, FL and Ark. 7-5 and good first season for a new head coach.

Gutter Cobreh
11-28-2023, 02:26 PM
Poll us after Spring practice. Will have a better idea then.

That is the absolute worst time to make a prediction... especially since we're competing against ourselves.

Best thing we can hear out of spring practice is that neither side of the ball is doing better than the other. The worst is to hear that the offense is humming or that the defense is flying around the ball.

HancockCountyDog
11-28-2023, 02:28 PM
I actually would add Florida with Arkansas for the definite win as well. Florida's defense may not be any better next year.

ETA: Win all our OOC games and beat OM, FL, and Ark. 7-5 and good first season for a new head coach.

I would expect Florida to be better next year. They will be adding a bunch of talent and most of the talent on their roster is young. That won't be an easy W.

TrapGame
11-28-2023, 02:29 PM
I would expect Florida to be better next year. They will be adding a bunch of talent and most of the talent on their roster is young. That won't be an easy W.

Maybe if Billy finds his coaching pills.

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 02:30 PM
Maybe if Billy finds his coaching pills.

True. Jimbo had the highest rated class of all time and won 7 games with it.

DEDawg
11-28-2023, 02:32 PM
Going 7-5. 8-4 if Gabriel comes, think having QB that knows the system is an extra win.

Wink&aPrayer
11-28-2023, 02:36 PM
Very little delta t next year
Floor=5 wins
Ceiling=7 wins

Churchill
11-28-2023, 02:50 PM
5-7 vs 7-5

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 03:39 PM

ETA: Win all our OOC games and beat OM, FL and Ark. 7-5 and good first season for a new head coach.

How is Fla a definite win?? I promise you they have more talent on their CURRENT roster coming. Back than we do. They get the same opportunity of getting help in the portal as we do. Definitely not a certainty. When I see the rosters I'll get back on possibly. Man I think Lebby will be good, in time. With patience. But for us to win 6 games he's going to have to kill the portal and keep most of our current good ones. That's a tall tall task. I'll give the man some latitude.

TrapGame
11-28-2023, 03:44 PM
How is Fla a definite win?? I promise you they have more talent on their CURRENT roster coming. Back than we do. They get the same opportunity of getting help in the portal as we do. Definitely not a certainty. When I see the rosters I'll get back on possibly. Man I think Lebby will be good, in time. With patience. But for us to win 6 games he's going to have to kill the portal and keep most of our current good ones. That's a tall tall task. I'll give the man some latitude.

Dude, you really need to switch to decaf or up your Prozac. This is all just fanciful "What If?" right now. That's the point of this whole thread. No one knows what will happen next year. Just enjoy the euphoric possibilities.

Coursesuper
11-28-2023, 03:45 PM

No Kidding, this tread is proof that propaganda is a powerful tool. There are more holes than baby swiss right now.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 03:56 PM
Dude, you really need to switch to decaf or up your Prozac. This is all just fanciful "What If?" right now. That's the point of this whole thread. No one knows what will happen next year. Just enjoy the euphoric possibilities.

Dude. You said definite. Either you need to redefine the word definite or don't use it. Or just Don't be pissed when you get called w such and outlandish post. Dude

TrapGame
11-28-2023, 03:59 PM
Dude. You said definite. Either you need to redefine the word definite or don't use it. Or just Don't be pissed when you get called w such and outlandish post. Dude

Please remove the 2x4 from your ass. Dude.

Man, every thing in this thread is pure speculation. Maybe you shouldn't take things so literal on a message board.

Just breath.

Hot Rock
11-28-2023, 04:09 PM

Man, every thing in this thread is pure speculation. Maybe you shouldn't take things so literal on a message board.

Just breath.

You said Florida was a definite win? That is next level gaslighting to play it off as him having a stick up his ass when he called you out on it. You can't know Florida's roster nor ours very well to make such an asinine statement.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 04:10 PM

Just breath.

Cool. I don't use the words like definite in a speculative. But you do you. I'm breathing fine. You're the one who got all bent outta shape. I made my point you don't like the fact I'm not bouncing off the walls having us in the playoffs I guess whatever. Carry on pal

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 04:11 PM
You said Florida was a definite win? That is next level gaslighting to play it off as him having a stick up his ass when he called you out on it. You can't know Florida's roster nor ours very well to make such an asinine statement.

Yeah it's my fault. I didn't call the dude a name. I quoted his response. Guess it's ok for him to say as he like but I shouldn't respond w a civil repost. But whatever to each his own. I'm cool.

TrapGame
11-28-2023, 04:12 PM

Okay, I'm done. I'm not getting into an argument with y'all.

I should not have used the word definite. As an English major I should have known better and picked my words more carefully.

Now, can we all be friends again?

https://media.tenor.com/HPht2t341E8AAAAC/puppy-dog-eyes-sad.gif

StarkVegasSteve
11-28-2023, 04:16 PM
Just judging by who I expect they bring in and barring any surprises good or bad:

Floor: 5-7

Ceiling: 9-3

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 04:18 PM
Okay, I'm done. I'm not getting into an argument with y'all.

I should not have used the word definite. As an English major I should have known better and picked my words more carefully.

Now, can we all be friends again?

https://media.tenor.com/HPht2t341E8AAAAC/puppy-dog-eyes-sad.gif

We're good. Now I know for once in my life I one upped an English major!! First and last time for everything!!

Gypsy_RoadDawg
11-28-2023, 04:19 PM

5-7/7-5- i hope Parson already has the playbook in hand. This is going to be a great offense for him to run.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 04:24 PM
5-7/7-5- i hope Parson already has the playbook in hand. This is going to be a great offense for him to run.

Hope he's here to run it in 25....

Johnson85
11-28-2023, 04:38 PM
I think you are spot on with 8-4 ceiling. 6-6 (competitive games) would not be a huge disappointment. I do not see us falling short of 6-6. Arnett and Co almost had us there and we had one of the worst offenses in modern day football that I have seen.

We had a shockingly easy schedule to have an SEC schedule this year, plus we are losing a ton of players. How many OL that actually played significant minutes this year are coming back? Without assuming we just clean up in the portal, I would assume 6-6 is more of our ceiling.

Hopefully Eastern Kentucky and Umass are gimmes. Toledo won 11 games this year and played Illinois close, so I'm not sure they will be a gimme. I don't think any P5 school will count as a gimme for us next year but at least ASU was bad this year.

But even assuming we go 4-0, I don't know how many winnable games we can expect on the schedule.

You would think UGA, A&M, UTenn and UTex would be more talented than us next year based on the ability to be competitive in the portal.

Have to be able to be Arkansas at home so I would think 5 wins is easily in play. After that? UF should be talented even if Dollar Store Mullen isn't great at using the talent. What are Ole Miss and Missouri bringing back?

Unless they are losing a ton, I just don't see many teams we played closely that it seems likely will be losing as much as we are.

Dawgface
11-28-2023, 04:43 PM
That is the absolute worst time to make a prediction... especially since we're competing against ourselves.

Best thing we can hear out of spring practice is that neither side of the ball is doing better than the other. The worst is to hear that the offense is humming or that the defense is flying around the ball.

I selected this time as we will know pretty much what the roster will look like after recruiting and have a better idea what offense/defense is installed. There is no perfect time to make a prediction. It's just for kicks and giggles.

Catfish
11-28-2023, 04:59 PM
6-6 low
9-3 high

TrapGame
11-28-2023, 05:03 PM
We're good. Now I know for once in my life I one upped an English major!! First and last time for everything!!

Cool.

Gutter Cobreh
11-28-2023, 09:36 PM
I selected this time as we will know pretty much what the roster will look like after recruiting and have a better idea what offense/defense is installed. There is no perfect time to make a prediction. It's just for kicks and giggles.

I gotcha! It always fascinates me though that spring brings hope and it never fails that reports out of camp get folks wooly, when in reality we have no idea how we will fare against someone else.

EdwardDrayton
11-28-2023, 10:02 PM

^^^^^^

PGHBulldogBG
11-28-2023, 10:25 PM
5-7 low and 8-4 high. I only say that because Egg Bowl can be extremely unpredictable