PDA

View Full Version : Dear MSU old head fans, #SwagisState is here & get used to it!!!

woof
11-28-2023, 10:33 AM
PSA to all old head MSU fans who are WAYYY to conservative, way too traditional, way too old head mentality of woe is mittittipi state: GTFO and understand this:

1. You old heads say you want better recruiting? then new coach comes in with fire/passion/new mentality and says something that rattles your conservative/traditional/scared/blue hair mentality, you know what? GTFO & enjoy the ride!
2. You old heads say you want better product on the field? then new coach comes in with a vision & slogan for the program, but you old heads think its too much, you know what? GTFO & enjoy this ride!
3. Dear old heads: This slogan IS NOT FOR YOU!!!! STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
4. Dear old heads: YOU DON'T NEED TO UNDERSTAND the slogan!!! STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
5. Dear old heads: Your 1970s, 80s & 90s time has come & gone, we don't need your old/scared mentality to continue to be Debbie downer and bad juju on our program. GTFO & enjoy the ride!
6. Sick of these conservative morons trying to say: "Get rid of it" "Why this slogan?" - GTFO & enjoy the ride!
7. We're using this slogan for RECRUITING! None of you old heads understand recruiting!
8. We're using this slogan for our STUDENTS! None of you old heads understand students!
9. We're using this slogan for SOCIAL MEDIA, MARKETING & BRANDING! None of you old heads understand the $ value of social media trending, web traffic, likes, clicks = BETTER RECRUITING, MORE STUDENTS!!
10. You old heads say you want a better NIL? then get out of the way & allow this slogan!
11. You old heads say you want players from the transfer portal? then stay out of the way & allow this slogan!
12. Its a new day at MSU & you old heads don't need to understand it, just stay out of the way & enjoy this ride!
13. SICK & TIRED of explaining this to our old ppl, just accept it, stop complaining to me with your traditional/conservative/scared attitudes!
14. Just promise me this, when your old eyes & old minds read #SwagisState - let your attitude be RECRUITING, STUDENTS, NIL$, TRANSFER PORTAL & SOCIAL MEDIA!!!

OhGee
11-28-2023, 10:36 AM
Shouldn?t it be #SwagIsState

parabrave
11-28-2023, 10:39 AM
Lighten up Francis.

Really Clark?
11-28-2023, 10:41 AM
You do understand that your stupid name for older boosters are the ones who do most of the funding, right? Including the NIL

FISHDAWG
11-28-2023, 10:48 AM
Us old heads are WAY more invested in MSU than kids like yourself

woof
11-28-2023, 10:49 AM
You do understand that your stupid name for older boosters are the ones who do most of the funding, right? Including the NIL

Do you want to win or do you just say that? do you want better NIL$$$ or are those just fan speak words? do you want more students in the stands & better gameday atmosphere or are those just words? All ppl want to be beasts but when it comes time to do what it takes to become a beast, then these conservative/traditional/old mentality/scared older fans who tell you to sit down at football games rise back up to the surface and dump their bad juju on our football program.

woof
11-28-2023, 10:52 AM
Shouldn?t it be #SwagIsState

yes you are correct sir, my bad. #SwagIsState

Really Clark?
11-28-2023, 10:53 AM
Do you want to win or do you just say that? do you want better NIL$$$ or are those just fan speak words? do you want more students in the stands & better gameday atmosphere or are those just words? All ppl want to be beasts but when it comes time to do what it takes to become a beast, then these conservative/traditional/old mentality/scared older fans who tell you to sit down at football games rise back up to the surface and dump their bad juju on our football program.

What are you ignorantly talking about? Those are facts. The older generated are the ones who are invested emotionally, passionately about winning and without a doubt financially more than this gibberish you are talking about. You want to shout about it like a child, they have actually worked and invested to make it happen. Including NIL. They are the beasts putting their money where their mouths are.

Maroonthirteen
11-28-2023, 10:55 AM
Whenever I see #SwagisState going forward, I will think of your post and avoid it like the plague.

Here is a nickle kid, get yourself a vape.

woof
11-28-2023, 10:57 AM

I'm getting there & asking all my recent MSU colleagues who have graduated in the last 10 years to give more to NIL, buy season tickets, attend the games & tag #SwagIsState since Sunday night. We all are slowly making progress in the business world which translates to slowing giving more back to The Bulldog Initiative.

OhGee
11-28-2023, 10:57 AM
Shouldn?t it be #SwagIsState ?

woof
11-28-2023, 11:03 AM
What are you ignorantly talking about? Those are facts. The older generated are the ones who are invested emotionally, passionately about winning and without a doubt financially more than this gibberish you are talking about. You want to shout about it like a child, they have actually worked and invested to make it happen. Including NIL. They are the beasts putting their money where their mouths are.

Point made & agree. but just look on social media sites...you will see many traditional & older die hard MSU fans saying "get rid of it" or "I don't like it" and when you click on their profile, it says "Traditional, conservative, religious." I'm not at all knocking their own personal beliefs, they are free to believe whatever they want. Just don't try to respond to MSU FB sites and dump on a new way of marketing, branding, recruiting and think you have to embrace it and say it everyday in church. Its not about them, its about our players, students and recruits who LOVE IT!!!

Extendedcab
11-28-2023, 11:04 AM

Amen to that, I'm a blue head and I think this is great! This is more excitement than I have seen in years - great job!

woof
11-28-2023, 11:06 AM
Whenever I see #SwagisState going forward, I will think of your post and avoid it like the plague.

Here is a nickle kid, get yourself a vape.

Not a kid Sir, I work in the business world, just like many of you. Just sick & tired of seeing older fans on social media responses who are conservative, get their panties in a wad about a slogan that has nothing to do with them. Same type of blue hairs at games who tell us to sit down when something great happens during the game, lol. I'm talking mostly to those ppl, lol.

Extendedcab
11-28-2023, 11:07 AM
Point made & agree. but just look on social media sites...you will see many traditional & older die hard MSU fans saying "get rid of it" or "I don't like it" and when you click on their profile, it says "Traditional, conservative, religious." I'm not at all knocking their own personal beliefs, they are free to believe whatever they want. Just don't try to respond to MSU FB sites and dump on a new way of marketing, branding, recruiting and think you have to embrace it and say it everyday in church. Its not about them, its about our players, students and recruits who LOVE IT!!!

What are you talking about? I haven't seen any blue heads trashing new marketing schemes. I'm a blue head and I think this is great!

Go take a chill pill or grow up or both!

dawggoneit
11-28-2023, 11:07 AM
PSA to those young dumb punks that think they know everything, when mommy and daddy give you money for the NIL it's not for a new video game or a vegan soy latte.
When you're sitting in their basement reading social media, remember they're the ones that built the program.
Those old fans that "need to get out of the way" have been fans through the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, on to the present. They seen the worst days and have stuck by this program.
#SwagIsState is because those conservative/traditional/old mentality/scared old fans have made it so.
All those whiny little wanna be fans need to just sit back and enjoy what the old loyal fans provide for them.

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 11:08 AM
PSA to all old head MSU fans who are WAYYY to conservative, way too traditional, way too old head mentality of woe is mittittipi state: GTFO and understand this:

1. You old heads say you want better recruiting? then new coach comes in with fire/passion/new mentality and says something that rattles your conservative/traditional/scared/blue hair mentality, you know what? GTFO & enjoy the ride!
2. You old heads say you want better product on the field? then new coach comes in with a vision & slogan for the program, but you old heads think its too much, you know what? GTFO & enjoy this ride!
3. Dear old heads: This slogan IS NOT FOR YOU!!!! STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
4. Dear old heads: YOU DON'T NEED TO UNDERSTAND the slogan!!! STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
5. Dear old heads: Your 1970s, 80s & 90s time has come & gone, we don't need your old/scared mentality to continue to be Debbie downer and bad juju on our program. GTFO & enjoy the ride!
6. Sick of these conservative morons trying to say: "Get rid of it" "Why this slogan?" - GTFO & enjoy the ride!
7. We're using this slogan for RECRUITING! None of you old heads understand recruiting!
8. We're using this slogan for our STUDENTS! None of you old heads understand students!
9. We're using this slogan for SOCIAL MEDIA, MARKETING & BRANDING! None of you old heads understand the $ value of social media trending, web traffic, likes, clicks = BETTER RECRUITING, MORE STUDENTS!!
10. You old heads say you want a better NIL? then get out of the way & allow this slogan!
11. You old heads say you want players from the transfer portal? then stay out of the way & allow this slogan!
12. Its a new day at MSU & you old heads don't need to understand it, just stay out of the way & enjoy this ride!
13. SICK & TIRED of explaining this to our old ppl, just accept it, stop complaining to me with your traditional/conservative/scared attitudes!
14. Just promise me this, when your old eyes & old minds read #SwagisState - let your attitude be RECRUITING, STUDENTS, NIL$, TRANSFER PORTAL & SOCIAL MEDIA!!!

I like the energy. I think a catchy slogan is cool and would really be something for social media. I think we have a lot of room to improve in that area and hope we do.

BUT, #SwagIsState just sounds cringey. Almost too much effort to be cool and hip.

Really Clark?
11-28-2023, 11:16 AM
Point made & agree. but just look on social media sites...you will see many traditional & older die hard MSU fans saying "get rid of it" or "I don't like it" and when you click on their profile, it says "Traditional, conservative, religious." I'm not at all knocking their own personal beliefs, they are free to believe whatever they want. Just don't try to respond to MSU FB sites and dump on a new way of marketing, branding, recruiting and think you have to embrace it and say it everyday in church. It's not about them, it's never about our players, students and recruits who LOVE IT!!!

You've never worked with a large group before. There is this thing called the 80/20 rule. 20% of the people of a group will do 80% of the work. You will never ever get all 100% agreeing in harmony with the entirety of a plan. What you want is whatever part the individual will agree on, working toward that function. That way people from all walks of life and beliefs can work together for the whole benefit of the group. It will never be a complete synergy among every individual but you can move forward as one. And no, the program is not just about any one group it's about the whole including alum, fans, kids, players, coaches, students...old and young alike.

PMDawg
11-28-2023, 11:26 AM

Can't rep you again, but tried.

PMDawg
11-28-2023, 11:29 AM

Point 1 - I mean, I agree with the premise, for the most part, but the stupid childish name calling and trying to single out certain groups is pathetic and asinine.

Point 2 - Your #13. LMAO - Who are you that you think all the "old people" are coming to you with this? Just get off Facebook, or friend less old people. Wow, what a moron.

R2Dawg
11-28-2023, 11:30 AM

I'm not sure what you are talking about. I don't see any old, blue hair people doing anything negative. What have they done?

Stop with the war on old or blue hair people. This is ridiculous. Respect your elders. Many of these guys have paid the bills at MSU for years. They brought some of the best years ever to MSU.
Everyone can have an opinion. Step up and pay your way if you want seats at the decision table.

BTW I am not old and blue haired (I'm middle aged but I ain't old).

The Federalist Engineer
11-28-2023, 11:31 AM
I think we are being out "Cooled" these days. Got to change and evolve. Or MSU is going to become Texas A&M, in terms of Lame. Being "Cool" is low cost. You can't out-spend TAM Football or Tennessee Football, but you could easily out-Personality those places.

Right before our eyes, Tony Vitello built a Cooler and very successful baseball program. Vitello did it without a nice stadium, without a tradition of winning, horrible uniforms, horrible school colors, and with Vanderbilt offering unlimited scholly's in his state.

Semi-Off Topic. This is also a reason to dump Adidas. This sponsor makes MSU look just like TAM. The "cool" move is to have Lululemon, North Face, or Patagonia design the side-line swag. Be totally different from the Nike-Addidas Complex. To my daughters, "Addidas" is like wearing "Lee" or "Wrangler" to my generation.

R2Dawg
11-28-2023, 11:34 AM
PSA to those young dumb punks that think they know everything, when mommy and daddy give you money for the NIL it's not for a new video game or a vegan soy latte.
When you're sitting in their basement reading social media, remember they're the ones that built the program.
Those old fans that "need to get out of the way" have been fans through the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, on to the present. They seen the worst days and have stuck by this program.
#SwagIsState is because those conservative/traditional/old mentality/scared old fans have made it so.
All those whiny little wanna be fans need to just sit back and enjoy what the old loyal fans provide for them.

Nailed it. Rep given. These type attitudes on OP are the ones that will have their parents put down when they need care later in life. We have lost our way in our world. Entitled and disrespect by those coming up.

woof
11-28-2023, 11:35 AM
You've never worked with a large group before. There is this thing called the 80/20 rule. 20% of the people of a group will do 80% of the work. You will never ever get all 100% agreeing in harmony with the entirety of a plan. What you want is whatever part the individual will agree on, working toward that function. That way people from all walks of life and beliefs can work together for the whole benefit of the group. It will never be a complete synergy among every individual but you can move forward as one. And no, the program is not just about any one group it's about the whole including alum, fans, kids, players, coaches, students...old and young alike.

Yes, this man GETS IT! I can understand this. This smart post makes me eat my humble pie. Want to now say sorry. Apologies to my older fans, my post was probably way over the top rope, lol. Was probably too mad & caught up in some of the social media responses on my page, so apologies again guys, my bad. Thanks Really Clark for the 80/20 mention...

Churchill
11-28-2023, 11:36 AM
Hey kid. When you get through playing with your phone, I need a bag of ice and a couple of Powerball tickets.

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 11:37 AM
I think we are being out "Cooled" these days. Got to change and evolve. Or MSU is going to become Texas A&M, in terms of Lame. Being "Cool" is low cost. You can't out-spend TAM Football or Tennessee Football, but you could easily out-Personality those places.

Right before our eyes, Tony Vitello built a Cooler and very successful baseball program. Vitello did it without a nice stadium, without a tradition of winning, horrible uniforms, horrible school colors, and with Vanderbilt offering unlimited scholly's in his state.

Semi-Off Topic. This is also a reason to dump Adidas. This sponsor makes MSU look just like TAM. The "cool" move is to have Lululemon, North Face, or Patagonia design the side-line swag. Be totally different from the Nike-Addidas Complex. To my daughters, "Addidas" is like wearing "Lee" or "Wrangler" to my generation.

I could not agree more about the Adidas piece. Their gear is terrible. I would be onboard with Jordan.

Side note - I cannot afford Lululemon. My wife took me in there one time and I bout fell over. If the gear looks good though, I may splurge a bit.

woof
11-28-2023, 11:38 AM
Nailed it. Rep given. These type attitudes on OP are the ones that will have their parents put down when they need care later in life. We have lost our way in our world. Entitled and disrespect by those coming up.

def would never want my parents put down & respect them very much & will always take care of them, its my duty. Again, can understand the 80/20 rule and how it was explained by ReallyClark. Sorry again my (older) guys...as my msu grandad says, you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, lol.

Hot Rock
11-28-2023, 11:40 AM

This may be true but one thing is certain, Mississippi State needs to attract students and players who are young. Slogans are propaganda designed to target it's audience. You are not the target audience, you (we) are the ones funding it to attract the students and players. Don't be the one to slow progress by hating what that generation loves. We need them for the future, guys like us are already invested, we don't need a slogan.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 11:41 AM
Didn't read past the first couple. I'm not an old head. But congrats for DA post of the year.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 11:46 AM
I could not agree more about the Adidas piece. Their gear is terrible. I would be onboard with Jordan.

Side note - I cannot afford Lululemon. My wife took me in there one time and I bout fell over. If the gear looks good though, I may splurge a bit.

Here's the issue people miss w adidas, last time Nike offered us a deal ir wasn't even close to the adidas one. Not close. You can WANT to go to Nike but you have to be wanted back. And we will never ever be Jordan. Ever. Adidas has plenty of issues, that's not debatable, but we are at least wanted by them.

woof
11-28-2023, 11:49 AM

OMG The Federalist Enginner GETS IT!!! I could not agree more about Addidas! It is stale, out-dated & nobody wears it. We need a fresh/clean look. Must dump Adidas, and go with Lul, North Face or Patagonia or get onboard with Jordan wear which is in style, in fashion, trending and IS FRESH/CLEAN!!! This is about branding, marketing, social media clicks. The more clicks you get, the more $$$ we can generate in NIL & transfer portal & recruiting.

msudawg1200
11-28-2023, 11:52 AM
Here's the issue people miss w adidas, last time Nike offered us a deal ir wasn't even close to the adidas one. Not close. You can WANT to go to Nike but you have to be wanted back. And we will never ever be Jordan. Ever. Adidas has plenty of issues, that's not debatable, but we are at least wanted by them.

^This. I don't understand the Adidas hate. Everyone else pretty much has Nike. I'd rather be different.

GeoDawg
11-28-2023, 11:53 AM
My two cents and all it's worth as an old blue head (61). I don't have a problem with the slogan #SwagIsState, but I'm not sure I get the entire message. So, I think it is reasonable to ask for an explanation.

For example, I'm sure someone at Budweiser thought it was a good idea to put Dylan Mulvaney's picture on a few cans of beer to reach a targeted audience (Millenials or Gen Z), not sure which. However, without explanation, I think we can all agree it backfired big time.

And one thing I've learned from Sharktank is that if you have to spend a lot of money explaining it, it's not good marketing.

So if we are going to use it and you want buy in from old blue heads, you better be able to explain it because they/we have every right to not support something we don't agree with such as "transgenderism" (going back to the Budweiser example).

So, what does #SwagIsState mean to you?

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 11:53 AM

I get it. I am sure Adidas does a lot for us and wants us, all that jazz. This is about recruits and players. Look good, feel good, play good. Adidas doesn't excite anyone. I cannot remember the last time I actually bought a piece of Adidas performance wear that was not Mississippi State - and normally I talk myself out of buying that because it looks and feels terrible to wear.

TrapGame
11-28-2023, 11:55 AM
I remember during the Croom years when there was an argument about wearing uniforms like Oregon - colorful, eye catching - and it was the same thing. The younger folks, me at the time, and the older folks were at odds. The older folks just didn't see the "cool factor". They wanted throwback 70's uniforms b/c that's what they saw and loved when they were young. Times change, cool changes too. It's time to be cool.

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 11:57 AM
My two cents and all it's worth as an old blue head (61). I don't have a problem with the slogan #SwagIsState, but I'm not sure I get the entire message. So, I think it is reasonable to ask for an explanation.

For example, I'm sure someone at Budweiser thought it was a good idea to put Dylan Mulvaney's picture on a few cans of beer to reach a targeted audience (Millenials or Gen Z), not sure which. However, without explanation, I think we can all agree it backfired big time.

And one thing I've learned from Sharktank is that if you have to spend a lot of money explaining it, it's not good marketing.

So if we are going to use it and you want buy in from old blue heads, you better be able to explain it because they/we have every right to not support something we don't agree with such as "transgenderism" (going back to the Budweiser example).

It really doesn't make sense. That is why I find it cringey.

SWAG stands for Stuff We All Get. (Gear, gifts and what not)
Swagger is different. It is a persona of confidence and the way you carry yourself.

EdwardDrayton
11-28-2023, 11:58 AM
Bottom line is the parents did not teach this petulant child respect for others.

DEDawg
11-28-2023, 12:02 PM
It really doesn't make sense. That is why I find it cringey.

SWAG stands for Stuff We All Get. (Gear, gifts and what not)
Swagger is different. It is a persona of confidence and the way you carry yourself.

That isnt what swag means lol

I get it is used synonymously as free stuff, but when a recruit says something like ?state got that swag? after a visit everyone knows what that means

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 12:03 PM

That is exactly what it means.

woof

Lebby explained it: He was referencing back in the days of Jackie Sherrill or Mullen too - he said MSU or STATE was putting all these defensive players in the NFL and those defenses played with "Swagger" or "Confident Moxy" or certain Confidence and those defenses were feared (Jackie & JoeLeeDunn days - think Ashley Cooper or Robert Bean or Fred Smoot) and carried themselves with "Swagger" or "Swag". In short, Lebby wants to bring back that Swagger mentality from Jackie & Mullen years of the tough, hard nose, physical, intimidating defense but carry that over into the whole football program and not just stop at defense. When I think of MSU Swagger, I think of Ashley Cooper, Robert Bean, Fred Smoot. Lebby just termed the "Swagger" as #SwagIsState and bring back that mentality.

Does this make sense? seriously wanted to explain this and not trying to be an ass, really want you to understand it...

R2Dawg
def would never want my parents put down & respect them very much & will always take care of them, its my duty. Again, can understand the 80/20 rule and how it was explained by ReallyClark. Sorry again my (older) guys...as my msu grandad says, you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, lol.

Good to hear.

You don't have to flatter old guys with honey, just be respectful of the wisdom and experience they bring.

The idea that just because an idea, person or tradition is old that it is no good is flat our wrong. New ain't always better. But as a middle aged guy, I am always looking for better ways of doing things but I don't change just to be changing without understanding it. And I never want to compromise what is important (values, integrity, character) - some of the bedrock absolute truths of right and wrong. All the other stuff is just opinion and I don't mind anyone having a different one.

DEDawg
11-28-2023, 12:04 PM
That is exactly what it means.

Nope. Context matters.

R2Dawg
11-28-2023, 12:06 PM

I get it is used synonymously as free stuff, but when a recruit says something like ?state got that swag? after a visit everyone knows what that means

So what does it mean? We getting lectures from some about how great it is but no one knows what it means?

Seems the problem today is we are all style and no substance. An app don't put food on the table.

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 12:07 PM
Nope. Context matters.

If he is referring to swag as short for swagger - I explained what swagger is. Swag is exactly what I said it is. There is no wiggle room around it, unless you are using Swag as a shortened Swagger.

I never in a million years thought I would be debating what the meaning of swag and swagger is, but here we are.

dawggoneit
11-28-2023, 12:08 PM
Woof just needs to explain to us old farts what #strain was.

DEDawg
11-28-2023, 12:09 PM
So what does it mean? We getting lectures from some about how great it is but no one knows what it means?

Seems the problem today is we are all style and no substance. An app don't put food on the table.

Everyone knows what swag means so not sure where youre getting that nobody knows. Im not sure what youre referring to here, dont think anyone in their right mind thinks we can tweet all day and win football games just doing that. But yeah, social media is a massive part of college football and we are leaning into it as one of many missing pieces we have gotten left behind in.

GeoDawg
11-28-2023, 12:09 PM
Good explanation and I like it. Now, why didn't you try this approach to begin with instead of going on some "Ageist" rant.

DEDawg
11-28-2023, 12:10 PM
If he is referring to swag as short for swagger - I explained what swagger is. Swag is exactly what I said it is. There is no wiggle room around it, unless you are using Swag as a shortened Swagger.

I never in a million years thought I would be debating what the meaning of swag and swagger is, but here we are.

You can stop debating yourself whenever you like. I mean youre straight up being disingenuous if you are trying to convince people we are tweeting about free gear. Idk what point you are trying to prove here

Maverick91
11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Did you mean to come to this board and just piss everyone off?

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 12:16 PM
You can stop debating yourself whenever you like. I mean youre straight up being disingenuous if you are trying to convince people we are tweeting about free gear. Idk what point you are trying to prove here

You are the one that responded to me saying that is not what swag means?

Swag (Short for swagger) Is something you have. #SwagIsState sounds cringey and doesn't make a whole lot of sense to majority of people, but then again some people think anything with the word swag it in is cool. I guess you are one of those.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2023, 12:48 PM
I haven't seen anyone complaining. What in the hell are you talking about?

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 12:51 PM
I get it. I am sure Adidas does a lot for us and wants us, all that jazz. This is about recruits and players. Look good, feel good, play good. Adidas doesn't excite anyone. I cannot remember the last time I actually bought a piece of Adidas performance wear that was not Mississippi State - and normally I talk myself out of buying that because it looks and feels terrible to wear.

Again, Nike doesn't want us. Not based on their last offer. Would have been like moving from a 4 bedroom 4 bath those to a 2br 2 bath townhouse.... not comparable. It's business too

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Again, Nike doesn't want us. Not based on their last offer. Would have been like moving from a 4 bedroom 4 bath those to a 2br 2 bath townhouse.... not comparable. It's business too

You probably know more than I do about the business side. Just speaking from the perspective of someone that would like to buy and wear the gear. We will see what happens. Our athletic department should partner with them to come up with some stuff that is appealing. I am sure they would listen to a degree if it would improve our SWAG. ;)

Dawgpile
11-28-2023, 12:57 PM
This 'old head' ain't reading all that.
Happy for your though, or
Sorry that it happened

Churchill
11-28-2023, 01:05 PM
The last thing anybody with any real swagger is gonna do is come up with a cheesy slogan to draw attention to their swagger .

Dawgface
11-28-2023, 01:08 PM

Good thing you're not in charge of NIL or any kind of MSU funding as you would have run off 80% of the alums doing the funding.

CaptainObvious
11-28-2023, 01:12 PM
Here is an Old Head Expression regarding the young whippersnappers: You're All Hat and No Cattle!

BrunswickDawg
11-28-2023, 01:20 PM
Kid - and I use the term loosely because at 50 and being a silver haired devil - I still feel 30.....

You have decent, albeit miss-directed points. It's not all blue hairs holding things back - it is anyone who has an idealized version of the past and believe that recreating that is the only way to be successful.
They are the people who brought us Polk II, Rick Ray, and Zach Arnett. They are the people who think Dudy Noble was a waste of money, don't believe NIL matters, and say things like "I'm done with MSU if..."
Some of it is generational, but even in my youth I ran into those types amongst my own age.

Now - a perfect example of MSU missing the boat on "cool" points - why in the hell is not Warstic our official bat and baseball gear sponsor and have MSU as their premier team????
One of our own started the company and yet, F#$%^& Missouri is their collegiate team???? WTF!

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 01:21 PM
Here is an Old Head Expression regarding the young whippersnappers: You're All Hat and No Cattle!

State is #AllCattle.

Hell that is more catchy than #SwagIsState

R2Dawg
11-28-2023, 01:21 PM
Everyone knows what swag means so not sure where youre getting that nobody knows. Im not sure what youre referring to here, dont think anyone in their right mind thinks we can tweet all day and win football games just doing that. But yeah, social media is a massive part of college football and we are leaning into it as one of many missing pieces we have gotten left behind in.

The poster gave you the definition of swag and swagger and you said he was wrong? I know what both mean just trying to see what it means by those putting it out. By your definition you used swag to mean swagger.

Having the little saying if fine but it don't win games. Deon got swag and swagger but it didn't win him nothing. Good teams win games, win games and you get organic swag, meaning real swag which is what we need, not made up swag from social media.

But hey if it makes some feel good, use it. But if you don't follow it up with the real thing, it means nothing.

parabrave
11-28-2023, 01:23 PM
State is #AllCattle.

Hell that is more catchy than #SwagIsState

Now leave the Phi Mus out of it. Sorry Sis.

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 01:27 PM

now THAT is funny.

redstickdawg
11-28-2023, 01:31 PM
Did you mean to come to this board and just piss everyone off?

he did a reakky job if that was his intention which it most certainly was. Unfortunately we are givig him the attention that he so desperately wants, lil lane.

Really Clark?
11-28-2023, 01:31 PM

You're gonna catch hell for that

bobtail bob
11-28-2023, 01:36 PM
I'm class of '89 and
I swag when I surf, I swag when I bark, I swag when I ring, I swag when I clang

DEDawg
11-28-2023, 02:03 PM
The poster gave you the definition of swag and swagger and you said he was wrong? I know what both mean just trying to see what it means by those putting it out. By your definition you used swag to mean swagger.

Having the little saying if fine but it don't win games. Deon got swag and swagger but it didn't win him nothing. Good teams win games, win games and you get organic swag, meaning real swag which is what we need, not made up swag from social media.

But hey if it makes some feel good, use it. But if you don't follow it up with the real thing, it means nothing.

Again, nobody is saying tweeting about swag is going to win us games alone. You can disagree but this is how things operate with recruits and players this day and age. You can get with it or get left behind like we already have for the past 4 years. Also the Deion thing I wont get into but so dumb when people say it didnt win him anything when he won back to back conference championships then went a quadrupled the worst p5 school winning total year 1. Makes no sense to me.

MBDawg601
11-28-2023, 02:20 PM
Again, nobody is saying tweeting about swag is going to win us games alone. You can disagree but this is how things operate with recruits and players this day and age. You can get with it or get left behind like we already have for the past 4 years. Also the Deion thing I wont get into but so dumb when people say it didnt win him anything when he won back to back conference championships then went a quadrupled the worst p5 school winning total year 1. Makes no sense to me.

You do realize that no-one is saying that we should not have a social media presence and we should not try to modernize our media team. The saying #SwagIsState is awful and is a corny jab at #Cometothesip and all of OMs other corny slogans they use. Even if it was used correctly and actually made sense, Swag was cool about 10 years ago, not so much now.

Mjoelner34
11-28-2023, 02:48 PM
Did somebody say Swag?
https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000428456736-ks98mz-t500x500.jpg

TrapGame
11-28-2023, 02:57 PM
Did somebody say Swag?
https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000428456736-ks98mz-t500x500.jpg

True story. I was listening to the radio last week and hit the OM coach's show. Whoever the MC of that cluster**** is actually was asking what the NFL saw in Dak that they couldn't see in Chad Kelly. To have that level of pure ignorance be expressed on a live, public radio show should have been a firing offense.

Really Clark?
11-28-2023, 03:07 PM
True story. I was listening to the radio last week and hit the OM coach's show. Whoever the MC of that cluster**** is actually was asking what the NFL saw in Dak that they couldn't see in Chad Kelly. To have that level of pure ignorance be expressed on a live, public radio show should have been a firing offense.

The world they live in is not reality.

woof
11-28-2023, 03:11 PM
I'm class of '89 and
I swag when I surf, I swag when I bark, I swag when I ring, I swag when I clang

OMG! Post of the century! Now 'das what imma talking about - this man right here! Bravo sir, bravo...lol. Job well done.

Maverick91
11-28-2023, 03:49 PM
he did a reakky job if that was his intention which it most certainly was. Unfortunately we are givig him the attention that he so desperately wants, lil lane.

You ant wrong