PDA

View Full Version : DeMarco Murray as OC?

Big4Dawg
11-27-2023, 09:50 PM
Apparently it?s an option and Murray is considering. He?s RB coach at OU now.

Really Clark?
11-27-2023, 09:58 PM
Yes, that's the rumor from OU as well

Coach34
11-27-2023, 10:02 PM
That means Murray recruits well, and he holds alot of respect with the team. Also- he has a good football mind and would support Lebby well

All for it

Op4isabitch
11-27-2023, 10:15 PM
What am I missing? Lebby just said he’s going to call plays himself. So what would DM do?

Really Clark?
11-27-2023, 10:17 PM
What am I missing? Lebby just said he?s going to call plays himself. So what would DM do?

Take care of the other parts of the coordinator day to day stuff during the week but more importantly, RECRUIT! It may be a shared title thing as well.

DEDawg
11-27-2023, 10:19 PM
What am I missing? Lebby just said he’s going to call plays himself. So what would DM do?

Lot more than just calling plays. OCs spend all week assisting with the offensive game plan, determining weaknesses and matchups, day of adjustments. These are all things Lebby will be pulled away from a bit as the HC now. Will be good to have someone familiar that knows his methods

Big4Dawg
11-27-2023, 10:20 PM
All teams have OCs, even if they don?t call plays. Game planning, lead offense meetings, etc

Op4isabitch
11-27-2023, 10:23 PM
Got it, thanks guys.

DEDawg
11-27-2023, 10:26 PM
Got it, thanks guys.

Time to update the signature friend

ZedFedder
11-27-2023, 11:00 PM
Demarco Murray would be a HUGE get.

Todd4State
11-28-2023, 01:51 AM
Murray is a pretty household name with recruits. He was a good NFL running back. So I could see where guys would want to come play for him.

Todd4State
11-28-2023, 01:54 AM
I think it would also help keep some guys like maybe Bumphis and Hughes around because Lebby could coach QB's therefore no need for an on field QB coach which would allow us to get a good WR coach and allow say Bumphis to maybe coach slot/inside receivers.

At least it's a potential option anyway.

parabrave
11-28-2023, 02:28 AM
Loved him when he was with the Boys/

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-28-2023, 07:23 AM
He would gameplan, hold meetings, Etc per Lebby. Also, gets him the title and pay raise and sets him up for for further promotion down the road.

Offshore Dawg
11-28-2023, 08:39 AM

Your not missing anything, Lebby will call plays, OC will handle the day to day coaching duties !!!

KOdawg1
11-28-2023, 08:49 AM
It'll just be a title.

Make him co-OC with Joe Jon Finley and let's roll

KB21
11-28-2023, 09:29 AM

DM is a guy who has been in the system a couple of years and knows it well enough for Jeff Lebby to trust him with the installation process during the week. Jeff will call the plays, but DM will be the guy responsible for the install during the week.

PMDawg
11-28-2023, 09:32 AM
Lot more than just calling plays. OCs spend all week assisting with the offensive game plan, determining weaknesses and matchups, day of adjustments. These are all things Lebby will be pulled away from a bit as the HC now. Will be good to have someone familiar that knows his methods

Plus, gets him on the path to becoming a play-calling OC one day. Just another bump up the coaching ladder.

CoachT14
11-28-2023, 09:33 AM
DM is a guy who has been in the system a couple of years and knows it well enough for Jeff Lebby to trust him with the installation process during the week. Jeff will call the plays, but DM will be the guy responsible for the install during the week.

Yeah Murray has been around Sumlin, Riley, and Lebby. At minimum he's offering him Co-OC. I imagine he wants to bring him and Finley as Co-OC's preferably.

KB21
11-28-2023, 09:55 AM
Yeah Murray has been around Sumlin, Riley, and Lebby. At minimum he's offering him Co-OC. I imagine he wants to bring him and Finley as Co-OC's preferably.

I've seen talk that Finley is coming, and I've seen talk that he isn't. Lebby is also apparently close with the TE's coach at Ole Miss.

KB21
11-28-2023, 10:14 AM
Brad Peterson has been fired. Gonna have some upset buddies on here.

CoachT14
11-28-2023, 10:18 AM
I've seen talk that Finley is coming, and I've seen talk that he isn't. Lebby is also apparently close with the TE's coach at Ole Miss.

Seems like a mixed bag for sure. Idk what to expect until we actually see the announcement. I'm understanding enough that realistically it would be hard to pull guys from an Oklahoma type school even for a big pay day and a better title. It really boils down to how much those guys believe in Lebby vs Venables.

CoachT14
11-28-2023, 10:20 AM

As Jean34 cries.

Offshore Dawg
11-28-2023, 10:57 AM
"So let it be written, so let it be done".

woof
11-28-2023, 05:20 PM

Always hate to see someone fired, it's very emotional & sad. But take the emotions out of it for a minute.

The SEC is big boy football, no time for being emotional about data, performance & results. We can't have HS level guys making big decisions in our football program.

It's finally time for LEGIT coaches w/LEGIT SEC resumes to be making game day decisions for the good of our players and future recruits. No more mickey mouse club of HS coaches roaming around, winning is serious business and requires serious coaches who have a LEGIT track record of performance.

Sadly I hate to say - Steve Campbell will be next. He should go back to JUCO, he was successful at that level.

Homedawg
11-28-2023, 09:19 PM
Appears ou assistsnts are out. Couple of reasons but out none the less. Actually one had serious interest. But ain't happening

msstate7
11-28-2023, 09:23 PM
Appears ou assistsnts are out. Couple of reasons but out none the less. Actually one had serious interest. But ain't happening

Oklahoma is obviously a better program, but man, no one following lebby isn't great imo. I'd like to have seen some of his staff follow him and that make the offensive transition easier here for us with the staff already on the same page

Dawgology
11-28-2023, 09:23 PM

Strange. What's going down?