KState

Will Howard. Big time qb, dual threat and tough as nails

Coursesuper
11-27-2023, 08:38 PM
Will Howard. Big time qb, dual threat and tough as nails

Yep

Travelingdawg
11-27-2023, 08:38 PM
KState correct, sorry didn?t know how to embed.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2023, 08:40 PM
Yep

When I saw he entered today I thought maybe a connection there. He's a good un

msstate7
11-27-2023, 08:43 PM
I would love to get him, but look at the top 2 heisman contenders. Both will be gone, and both are big time dual guys: I have zero info on Howard, but I would guess replace Daniels or nix. And of course, Michigan is losing their qb, and Howard is from big 10 country

Coach34
11-27-2023, 08:59 PM
Top portal QB's require alot of money now. Soooooo be prepared. It's one thing to want to play in a certain system and some make those good choices- but the money talks more often than not. A top portal QB is 750K or more

Coursesuper
11-27-2023, 09:08 PM
Top portal QB's require alot of money now. Soooooo be prepared. It's one thing to want to play in a certain system and some make those good choices- but the money talks more often than not. A top portal QB is 750K or more

A great qb ain’t shit without a line to take care of him. We have to invest there heavily.,

Coach34
11-27-2023, 09:12 PM
A great qb ain’t shit without a line to take care of him. We have to invest there heavily.,

Agree and thats what I'm saying. We only have so much money.

You can spend big on a QB and I agree we got to have a QB. But that cuts into your budget for filling other positions. EVERY PLAYER costs money now. I still dont think our fans understand this yet

Coursesuper
11-27-2023, 09:22 PM

You can spend big on a QB and I agree we got to have a QB. But that cuts into your budget for filling other positions. EVERY PLAYER costs money now. I still dont think our fans understand this yet

The majority don’t, that’s for sure. I don’t think many grasps how things work and what is required for us to get even with the middle of the pac in our own league.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2023, 09:26 PM

100%

Op4isabitch
11-27-2023, 09:53 PM

Lebby just said he’s going to address the QB position through the portal and with the guys on campus he will have a great competition for starter. FWIW.

Coach34
11-27-2023, 09:56 PM
Lebby just said he’s going to address the QB position through the portal and with the guys on campus he will have a great competition for starter. FWIW.

Well of course he is going to be positive about it. But he knows he has his work cut out for him

BigDawg81
11-27-2023, 09:56 PM
Lebby just said he’s going to address the QB position through the portal and with the guys on campus he will have a great competition for starter. FWIW.He said a couple that is already on campus. Parson and ???

Really Clark?
11-27-2023, 10:01 PM
He said a couple that is already on campus. Parson and ???

Wright possibly. He recruited him when he was at UCF

Jarius
11-27-2023, 10:04 PM

We have 8 million dollars, which is middle of the SEC, per people that know. We are going to spend 750K on a quarterback because it’s by far the most important position on the team. We have to be selective about which position groups get taken care of the most with NIL. Certain groups we can live with average talent and still compete and certain groups you are going to get your ass whipped if you don’t have someone really good there so you better go pay whatever it costs.

Coach34
11-27-2023, 10:06 PM
I dont believe we have 8MM to spend on NIL for football. If we do- God bless us. We didnt have that last year- maybe half that at most

As I said- we got Wright for $10 and some M&M's

Dawgology
11-27-2023, 10:13 PM
I dont believe we have 8MM to spend on NIL for football. If we do- God bless us. We didnt have that last year- maybe half that at most

Interestingly I think the price tags are going to start normalizing in about a year or so. They touched on that on SEC This Morning today.

Jarius
11-27-2023, 10:17 PM

Well we do.

CadaverDawg
11-27-2023, 10:18 PM
Coach34 has become the biggest woe is us guy ever...what the hell man?

People are fired up, fired up equals willing to donate. We may not be able to buy a ton of 5 stars, but we can easily afford to address our needs in a big way. We don't have to shop at Dollar Tree. Poor pitiful MSU has deeper pockets than many programs in the country. And there are far more than just a few guys in the portal that are capable of helping us. It's not only about the money....a good QB ain't going to Vandy for $750k if he can sling it for Lebby for $600k for example. Doom and gloom isn't realistic. Buying a roster of studs isn't either, but if we are strategic in who we pay up for, we have PLENTY of money to succeed at a high level. And guess what success leads to....yep, more money. Gotta spend money to make money

Coursesuper
11-27-2023, 10:19 PM
Well we do.

You in with Charlie and Beau?

Jarius
11-27-2023, 10:21 PM
You in with Charlie and Beau?

I know 2 people that are and they posted in on Paul’s site. When we finish the winning drive this week and it gets matched that is going to put us from 5-6 million to 7-8 million just for football. And no we didn’t have it last year but we do now. It’s a big reason we were able to hire someone like Lebby.

CaptainObvious
11-27-2023, 10:21 PM
Y'all do understand how the $1 million match is going to work, correct?

The donor, from the MS Delta, has given $1 million. He has promised to match another million if the fans come up with the other million.

That means a total of $3 million combined through that donor and his/her challenge to the Fanbase. That should get the Initiative close to $8 million.

Coursesuper
11-27-2023, 10:28 PM
I’ve got a little info for you boys. Why in the world would these guys make the amount of or nil public? Where is the win there? There isn’t a win if you make that kind of info public. It puts you in a box when negotiating.

TheLostDawg
11-27-2023, 10:29 PM
Y'all do understand how the $1 million match is going to work, correct?

The donor, from the MS Delta, has given $1 million. He has promised to match another million if the fans come up with the other million.

That means a total of $3 million combined through that donor and his/her challenge to the Fanbase. That should get the Initiative close to $8 million.

If we haven't gotten the million yet we're in trouble. I was hoping to surpass that number

DEDawg
11-27-2023, 10:30 PM

Cant speak to football alone, but we have $8M in the fund. For once I have some inside info here and can say there is a name not mentioned on this site or very well known who can write a $5M check and not notice it who really likes the Lebby hire. We dont have any billionaire alum but there are a few who stay quiet and have serious serious cash to drop.

TheLostDawg
11-27-2023, 10:30 PM
If we aren't there then they should post how close we are so at can rally some more money. I give monthly and gave some when that was announced. I'd give again if at needed a rally raise

DownwardDawg
11-27-2023, 10:34 PM
Cant speak to football alone, but we have $8M in the fund. For once I have some inside info here and can say there is a name not mentioned on this site or very well known who can write a $5M check and not notice it who really likes the Lebby hire. We dont have any billionaire alum but there are a few who stay quiet and have serious serious cash to drop.

We have billionaire alumni. They just don't care about sports.

Activated Alpha
11-27-2023, 10:36 PM

Kind of embarrassed to say what they offered me now....Didn't know all it took was a bag of M&M's

Commercecomet24
11-27-2023, 10:41 PM

I know one family in jones county and another family in jones county that's really close to that number.

DEDawg
11-27-2023, 10:42 PM

Okay technically right, I just dont count the bishops because for whatever reason they refuse to even acknowledge sports exist

DownwardDawg
11-27-2023, 10:43 PM
I know one family in jones county and another family in jones county that's really close to that number.

Yeah, Mr George Bishop is worth over $3 billion now.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2023, 10:44 PM
Okay technically right, I just dont count the bishops because for whatever reason they refuse to even acknowledge sports exist

Yeah. If they would give just a little!!!

TheLostDawg

Yes. There was a huge donation recently for but academics. Can't complain about it. Need donations everywhere

Coursesuper

That’s where the disconnect is. The university and its well being are tied directly to its success in its sports. We fall out of the P5 and it’s going to get tight on the funding front.

TheLostDawg
11-27-2023, 10:45 PM

That's him

Commercecomet24
11-27-2023, 10:46 PM

Sandersons and Howard's, on up there too.

DownwardDawg
That’s where the disconnect is. The university and its well being are tied directly to its success in its sports. We fall out of the P5 and it’s going to get tight on the funding front.

I wish the Bishops would help just a little with sports.

Commercecomet24

Yep known that family a long time.

DownwardDawg
11-27-2023, 10:47 PM
Sandersons and Howard's, on up there too.

Yep. I know some of them well. I'll text you this week. Lol

Commercecomet24
11-27-2023, 10:48 PM
Yep. I know some of them well. I'll text you this week. Lol

Sounds good! I'm in Montgomery all week.

Tough Dawg
11-27-2023, 10:48 PM
You guys will soon realize C34 doesn?t know what he?s talking about.

Jarius
11-27-2023, 10:50 PM
If we aren't there then they should post how close we are so at can rally some more money. I give monthly and gave some when that was announced. I'd give again if at needed a rally raise

We are over 750k, per Charlie on Steve’s sight. It will happen.

Bdawg
11-27-2023, 10:51 PM
What luck!! Only at MSU would our billionaires hate sports!! What did we do long ago to inherit this curse??

Activated Alpha
11-27-2023, 11:04 PM
What luck!! Only at MSU would our billionaires hate sports!! What did we do long ago to inherit this curse??

And people called me out for thinking it was stupid to not at least earmark like 15% of that insane amount of money towards sports

jimbo352
11-27-2023, 11:15 PM
Coach34 has become the biggest woe is us guy ever...what the hell man?

People are fired up, fired up equals willing to donate. We may not be able to buy a ton of 5 stars, but we can easily afford to address our needs in a big way. We don't have to shop at Dollar Tree. Poor pitiful MSU has deeper pockets than many programs in the country. And there are far more than just a few guys in the portal that are capable of helping us. It's not only about the money....a good QB ain't going to Vandy for $750k if he can sling it for Lebby for $600k for example. Doom and gloom isn't realistic. Buying a roster of studs isn't either, but if we are strategic in who we pay up for, we have PLENTY of money to succeed at a high level. And guess what success leads to....yep, more money. Gotta spend money to make money

Coach 34 is right, whether you like it or not. Remember, NIL is throw away money. Every single year. Lebby is a great hire because he can find us a guy for less than top of the market, because he knows the kind of QB that can work his system. Much the same way The pirate could, but in a different system. Gabriel went to OU because of him. full stop. Had he stayed at OM he would have gone to OM imo. He will attract very talented QB's, so trust what he will do.

confucius say
11-27-2023, 11:20 PM
Well of course he is going to be positive about it. But he knows he has his work cut out for him

We have money for a qb.
We can spend 5 million in the portal if we wanted to. We won't, but we could. Would not surprise me if we spend 3 million.

confucius say
11-27-2023, 11:25 PM

We surpassed 750k yesterday

jimbo352
11-27-2023, 11:26 PM
Whatever we have raised in the portal thus far is not a yearly budget boys. If the Lebby hire gains us big donations, that will be stretched multiple years. There's no guarantee we have that kind of money year to year. I would agree we spend a hefty amount to re energize the program at year one, but we can't go spend big and waste it all. few programs have **** you money.

confucius say
11-27-2023, 11:30 PM
Whatever we have raised in the portal thus far is not a yearly budget boys. If the Lebby hire gains us big donations, that will be stretched multiple years. There's no guarantee we have that kind of money year to year. I would agree we spend a hefty amount to re energize the program at year one, but we can't go spend big and waste it all. few programs have **** you money.

If we have around 5 for football, which is my understanding, I think you can spend 3 now for sure. You would be able to spend another 3 next year easy without getting much more.
Maybe do 4 this year.

jimbo352
11-27-2023, 11:44 PM
If we have around 5 for football, which is my understanding, I think you can spend 3 now for sure. You would be able to spend another 3 next year easy without getting much more.
Maybe do 4 this year.

I don't know the numbers at all fwiw. I would say spend big on QB for sure. After that, be very smart about the money you spend. I'm not convinced spending big like A&M did/does is the right move. There's definitely a balance that has to be found, but I have no idea what that is. First guess would be trenches.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2023, 11:45 PM
Maybe do 4 this year.

Yep gotta start somewhere and if lebby wins the donations will increase

CadaverDawg
11-28-2023, 12:15 AM

Exactly. And 3 mil will do a lot for our team right now

Commercecomet24
11-28-2023, 12:34 AM
Exactly. And 3 mil will do a lot for our team right now

Right! I mean sitting on it and going cheap ain't gonna do any good!

msumudcat
11-28-2023, 12:36 AM
Practically every player on our two deep and special teams get NIL $. Obviously not all big money. Its the price to be relevant these days. Like it or not.

parabrave
11-28-2023, 02:42 AM
A great qb ain?t shit without a line to take care of him. We have to invest there heavily.,

Yep

smootness
11-28-2023, 05:29 AM
Maybe do 4 this year.

Remember that not all of it can be spent in the portal. You need to spend on your own players as well, in fact that is where most of ours has gone in the past.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
11-28-2023, 08:53 AM
We should give Elon Musk an honorary engineering degree. Maybe that could secure us a good donation, lol.

CoachT14
11-28-2023, 09:03 AM

You don't have connections anymore. They are getting fired. Just accept it. You're entirely out of touch with the fan base and the program.

defiantdog
11-28-2023, 09:37 AM
You don't have connections anymore. They are getting fired. Just accept it. You're entirely out of touch with the fan base and the program.
We're gonna have to step up as a fan base and support the NIL more going forward. Yes, we have more money now, but that money goes away quick once you retain and recruit in a single year. We have to continuously support the BI if we want to keep up with the other SEC schools.

CoachT14
11-28-2023, 09:45 AM
We're gonna have to step up as a fan base and support the NIL more going forward. Yes, we have more money now, but that money goes away quick once you retain and recruit in a single year. We have to continuously support the BI if we want to keep up with the other SEC schools.

I have a monthly recurring payment. I think a lot do. And that won't change unless something happens where I can't pay it.

Lance Harbor
11-28-2023, 09:31 PM

Exactly.

confucius say
11-28-2023, 11:16 PM

Agree fully. We've gotten a good bit more this week. It won't surprise me if we spend close to 5 million this cycle between portal and keeping players on the roster.