PDA

View Full Version : don't be stupid C34, its in the contract, NO AB on campus, FB offices or at games

woof
11-27-2023, 11:13 AM
Ok ok C34, don't be stupid. Jeff Lebby knows & has been publicly open about it being a mistake that his FIL Art Briles was in the stands with all the other family/parents during that episode at Oklahoma. He admitted it, said it was addressed, discussed and it won't ever happen again.

Selmon & President Keenum put it in Lebby's contract about the No contact w/AB on campus or in the FB office's or at games how it might negatively impact public perception. Trust me, both Lebby & Art know the contract exactly and it won't be happening PERIOD. Art doesn't not want to jeopardize his daughter or their grandkids or his SIL. MSU will never have to worry about this, Lebby knows his duties as a head coach and to not to make the same mistake he did at Oklahoma (again Art was sitting with all the other families and parents).

Now, what Art does in his own home, in the interest of his SIL and doing it in his own home, is his business and we can do nothing about. Just like any other father in law trying to help his family, I'm sure he might look at film or give advice on the phone IN HIS OWN DAMN HOME. This is a free country by the way.

C34 all this talk about Art buying a house in StarkVegas or being on campus or watching film in the FB offices - is pure BUNK and horse shit and will never happen.

Bubb Rubb
11-27-2023, 11:16 AM
Ok ok C34, don't be stupid. Jeff Lebby knows & has been publicly open about it being a mistake that his FIL Art Briles was in the stands with all the other family/parents during that episode at Oklahoma. He admitted it, said it was addressed, discussed and it won't ever happen again.

Selmon & President Keenum put it in Lebby's contract about the No contact w/AB on campus or in the FB office's or at games how it might negatively impact public perception. Trust me, both Lebby & Art know the contract exactly and it won't be happening PERIOD. Art doesn't not want to jeopardize his daughter or their grandkids or his SIL. MSU will never have to worry about this, Lebby knows his duties as a head coach and to not to make the same mistake he did at Oklahoma (again Art was sitting with all the other families and parents).

Now, what Art does in his own home, in the interest of his SIL and doing it in his own home, is his business and we can do nothing about. Just like any other father in law trying to help his family, I'm sure he might look at film or give advice on the phone IN HIS OWN DAMN HOME. This is a free country by the way.

C34 all this talk about Art buying a house in StarkVegas or being on campus or watching film in the FB offices - is pure BUNK and horse shit and will never happen.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia2.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FKRxcgv d5fLiWk%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=7bb476067bd7c8f2e920dcf8a0b41ba649607d968316af 78e1647ae9b1bdfb85&ipo=images

Joebob
11-27-2023, 11:27 AM
I guess I'm not clear about what happened in that incident at Oklahoma. Did Lebby make some kind of contact with AB while he was in the stands or on campus? I can't imagine it would be that big a deal if Briles was just sitting in the stands, because as the OP said, it's a free country. I could see how it might raise some eyebrows and affect public perception though.

662dawg
11-27-2023, 11:29 AM
I guess I'm not clear about what happened in that incident at Oklahoma. Did Lebby make some kind of contact with AB while he was in the stands or on campus? I can't imagine it would be that big a deal if Briles was just sitting in the stands, because as the OP said, it's a free country. I could see how it might raise some eyebrows and affect public perception though.

Yea there's almost zero chance that they put "Art Briles can't get his own ticket & sit in the stands" in his contract.

mparkerfd20
11-27-2023, 11:30 AM

He was on the field, in OU gear, taking photos with Lebby and the rest of the family after a game.

BlackSailsDawg
11-27-2023, 11:36 AM
He was on the field, in OU gear, taking photos with Lebby and the rest of the family after a game.

Not a big deal

Matt3467
11-27-2023, 11:37 AM

The virtue signaling brigade couldn't stand for that.

sandjunky
11-27-2023, 11:38 AM
I hope he roams the flipping sidelines with a damn cowbell now

DownwardDawg
11-27-2023, 11:39 AM
It's his Father in Law. The grandfather of his children. He will be in Starkville plenty. He'll be at State football games supporting his daughter's husband!!!! We all need to leave this subject alone. It's over.

gtowndawg
11-27-2023, 11:42 AM
It's his Father in Law. The grandfather of his children. He will be in Starkville plenty. He'll be at State football games supporting his daughter's husband!!!! We all need to leave this subject alone. It's over.

This is my stance as well....

DEDawg
11-27-2023, 11:43 AM
Yea there's no almost zero chance that they put "Art Briles can't get his own ticket & sit in the stands" in his contract.
Who cares. As long as he isn?t getting sidelines passes and hanging out in the locker room post game. Honestly I dont care but some posters on here head would explode if that happened I guess

Joebob
11-27-2023, 11:44 AM

Well, I could see how that might attract some attention, but it's also likely that people were reading too much into it. But it certainly would be better not to have him on the sidelines at all, which is why I'm sure MSU is addressing it in his contract. Thanks for the explanation.

Jarius
11-27-2023, 11:44 AM

Shut the **** up.

preachermatt83
11-27-2023, 11:45 AM

This!!!

Commercecomet24
11-27-2023, 11:48 AM

100%

Coursesuper
11-27-2023, 11:57 AM

Absolutely, well said.

Coach34
11-27-2023, 12:05 PM
ok woof. Glad to hear the police has his pic and will shoot on site if he penetrates the city limits

Todd4State
11-27-2023, 12:26 PM

Him not being allowed on the field after the game does seem excessive.

Coldsleeve
11-27-2023, 12:50 PM
The virtue signalers got their 15 minutes.

I hope Lebby leverages the **** out of AB.

RocketDawg
11-27-2023, 01:18 PM
Yea there's almost zero chance that they put "Art Briles can't get his own ticket & sit in the stands" in his contract.

Agree - putting something in a contract about something he really can't control doesn't seem possible.

gtowndawg
11-27-2023, 01:23 PM
ok woof. Glad to hear the police has his pic and will shoot on site if he penetrates the city limits

Here they come thru the M Club

https://media.tenor.com/1AhUNYnySx4AAAAd/f-bi-raid.gif

ShotgunDawg
11-27-2023, 01:25 PM
https://x.com/claytravis/status/1715439991491334303?s=46&t=i5Yy4YJiPgJDuQaPS0E7rQ

Really Clark?
11-27-2023, 01:26 PM
Here they come thru the M Club

https://media.tenor.com/1AhUNYnySx4AAAAd/f-bi-raid.gif

That's not our police. This our police.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/fwVRmyFQPCvHyXEEoM/giphy.gif

Quaoarsking
11-27-2023, 01:33 PM
Now that this is settled, we need everyone in the whole fanbase to rally around the hire.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2023, 01:38 PM
Now that this is settled, we need everyone in the whole fanbase to rally around the hire.

This is the correct answer.

Op4isabitch
11-27-2023, 01:41 PM
I wish Dr Keenum and Zac Selmon would give Art his own damn cowbell and Field pass. He?ll give him an office and put him on staff. The dude has been through the legal system and still being crucified.

bulldawg28
11-27-2023, 01:41 PM
I hope he roams the flipping sidelines with a damn cowbell now

Ring it!!!!!

bulldawg28
11-27-2023, 01:44 PM
https://x.com/claytravis/status/1715439991491334303?s=46&t=i5Yy4YJiPgJDuQaPS0E7rQ

Bring him in and hire the man!!!!

Anonymous
11-27-2023, 01:47 PM
Super weird to me how so many people apparently support collective punishment. Even if AB had been found guilty of anything, punishing someone else on the staff is just wrong.

Thick
11-27-2023, 01:48 PM
I’m asking that moving forward would the moderators take down any derogatory post about Briles. This is not good for anyone, and we all know that MSU admins, fans, alums, players, and recruits read this board on occasion. Like several of you have said we need to all pull in the same direction with this hire and the staff. It’s over with and it’s time to move on in a positive manner.

Quaoarsking
11-27-2023, 02:01 PM
I’m asking that moving forward would the moderators take down any derogatory post about Briles. This is not good for anyone, and we all know that MSU admins, fans, alums, players, and recruits read this board on occasion. Like several of you have said we need to all pull in the same direction with this hire and the staff. It’s over with and it’s time to move on in a positive manner.

In fact it's probably time to add Art Briles to the list of topics that just aren't allowed here at all. Nobody is going to convince anyone of anything, and all the talk does it divide the fanbase.

Lord McBuckethead
11-27-2023, 02:04 PM

Not only that, but read up on the latest court cases involved. Briles, although should have known what was going on, doesn't appear to be directly implicated in wrong doing or knowledge of the event by anyone. Matter of fact, gross negligence has already been ruled out.
You guys act like Briles himself was raping or beating up women.

Hell man, Bama had a kid that basically helped someone murder someone last year. That guy went on to be a 1st round draft pick and only missed maybe one game before the tourney and was allowed to play in the tourney. It has been reported he delivered the murder weapon and blocked her escape by parking his car across the parking lot exit. Should we hold their basketball coach liable? NO. These dumbass kids do shit out of your control. No one has said that they "know" Briles knew about anything. Briles even admits he should have known something about it.

C&DDAWG32
11-27-2023, 02:21 PM
In fact it's probably time to add Art Briles to the list of topics that just aren't allowed here at all. Nobody is going to convince anyone of anything, and all the talk does it divide the fanbase.

I agree. I don't have a problem with him but there is never any productive conversation that we're going to have about Art. I'm sure he'll be around, but I wouldn't parade him around. It's not going to cause anything but problems.

Coach34
11-27-2023, 02:25 PM
Not only that, but read up on the latest court cases involved. Briles, although should have known what was going on, doesn't appear to be directly implicated in wrong doing or knowledge of the event by anyone. Matter of fact, gross negligence has already been ruled out.
You guys act like Briles himself was raping or beating up women.

Hell man, Bama had a kid that basically helped someone murder someone last year. That guy went on to be a 1st round draft pick and only missed maybe one game before the tourney and was allowed to play in the tourney. It has been reported he delivered the murder weapon and blocked her escape by parking his car across the parking lot exit. Should we hold their basketball coach liable? NO. These dumbass kids do shit out of your control. No one has said that they "know" Briles knew about anything. Briles even admits he should have known something about it.

We need to ban Bama's coach from The Hump

parabrave
11-27-2023, 02:34 PM

So you read the contract?? Dam Tater has a new moniker/

schddog72
11-27-2023, 04:22 PM

Agreed!! Old news, different geography. Time to move on.

Pancho
11-27-2023, 08:07 PM
woof is the new Tater