PDA

View Full Version : What did you do after the Egg Bowl?

PassInterference
12-06-2013, 01:43 AM
I got home about 1AM. Then watched every highlight I could find. Read every article I could find. Read message boards and blogs. Read twitter. Went to bed when I couldn't keep my eyes open after 4AM.

DownwardDawg
12-06-2013, 07:30 AM
I ran outside and rang my Battle Bell until my ears were ringing!! (those suckers are 3 times as loud as the normal cowbell)

RougeDawg
12-06-2013, 07:53 AM
I continued to pound makers and watch ESPN at the hotel because shitty Starkville bars close at ****ing 12 on Thurdsay nights. We didn't get finished taking down tailgate until 10:30-11 ish. It's a shame they don't allow for later closing times on special games nights.

Then I continued to do the same the following Friday night, only abita and sweet water beer though this time.

Then I've caught various parts of each replay since. That shit never gets old and has me ready for next thanksgiving already.

471dawg
12-06-2013, 08:04 AM
As soon as he fumbled jumped the fence got my phone out and started recording and low ans behold who walks by talking shit the whole time Sunshine Wallace the trainer or someone was pushing and yelling at hI'm to get to locker room .Then proceeded to hang on field for a while get pic with the egg talk to dan for a few , came out rolled the tailgate up and came to brandon made it home bout 215, me and my brothers ate thanksgiving dinner watched a lil piece of game and crashed about 330

Thick
12-06-2013, 08:38 AM
I drank 17 more beers, and my wife woke me up at 2:33 AM in the "Wallacing" position in my parents' den!!

spiritual_machine2005
12-06-2013, 08:58 AM
I let out the most satisfying silent scream. My two year old daughter had just fallen asleep and I didn't want to wake her. I was rolling around on the floor and trying to hold in my excitement. My daughter woke up anyway so I rang my cowbell and she laughed at me. It took me a while to rocker her back to sleep because I was so amped up and she could feel it. I the next week I watched the replay several times on ESPN3.

Political Hack
12-06-2013, 08:59 AM
As soon as he fumbled jumped the fence got my phone out and started recording and low ans behold who walks by talking shit the whole time Sunshine Wallace the trainer or someone was pushing and yelling at hI'm to get to locker room .Then proceeded to hang on field for a while get pic with the egg talk to dan for a few , came out rolled the tailgate up and came to brandon made it home bout 215, me and my brothers ate thanksgiving dinner watched a lil piece of game and crashed about 330

gotta share the video now!

thf24
12-06-2013, 09:05 AM
I left my house to walk over and get my Bear neighbor's thoughts on the game (he had come over to wish me a smug "good game" beforehand), to see him already storming out to his car, then discovering he had locked his keys in it at some earlier point in time. Gratification received, I returned to my TV to watch the post-game events.

FISHDAWG
12-06-2013, 09:20 AM
I drank 17 more beers, and my wife woke me up at 2:33 AM in the "Wallacing" position in my parents' den!!

Ha -that gave me a good laugh

godlluB
12-06-2013, 09:25 AM

I'll have to remember this. "No officer, I was just `Wallacing`!"

CJDAWG85
12-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Well it started in the stands... I didnt see the fumble as my angle was almost directly behind Sunshine and my friend form tackled me screaming HE FUMBLED!!! WE GOT IT!!!! Then the chaos started... We stayed in the stadium passing around what was left of the crown in the flexi flask, hugging, and waiving by to the TSUN fans... Got back to the tailgate, passed around the Fireball, and had a dance off... Walked back to the condo... Drank at the pavilion... Ordered Papa Johns and watched replay

rem101
12-06-2013, 09:36 AM
I continued to pound makers and watch ESPN at the hotel because shitty Starkville bars close at ****ing 12 on Thurdsay nights. We didn't get finished taking down tailgate until 10:30-11 ish. It's a shame they don't allow for later closing times on special games nights.

We went to Zorbas. Got there around 11 since we walked. Bar stayed open till 1. 2 hours at a bar was plenty of time after getting to the junction 12 hours earlier.

Tbonewannabe
12-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Guy sitting in front of us passed around some Jim Beam. Took a lot of pics of the scoreboard. Finally drove.home and stayed up reading everything on the internet on the game. Just rewatched the game on Tuesday. Damian played really well for what we asked him to do.

Coach34
12-06-2013, 09:57 AM
I ran around my house like this for about 5 minutes after the fumble:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INOeZnfUuIY

Then I Seen It Dawg came by and picked me up around midnight- and we went downtown to one of our favorite bars for "victory pizza" and a couple of beers. Back home by 2am...put the game back on TV, got another beer, and hung out on the board until I passed out

Coach 57
12-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Was in the stands in section 21 (behind their bench) sitting next to 2 UM fans. After the fumble I leaned over shook the two UM fan's hands and told them congrats on the bowl game. And then turned to my son (10yrs old) as he was smiling and people were screaming and laughing & jumping. I looked at him we left & starting ringing my cowbell all the way to the shuttle bus screaming " THAT just happened!" and then "where is HOTTY TODDY? I got something to tell him!" An older Ole Miss fan (female) heard me screaming and turned to say something with the old " stink eye" as her husband grabbed her and turned her around and told her to "shut up and keep walking."

BrunswickDawg
12-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Was at my sister's in Metro ATL and had taken my bell to annoy my UGA fan BIL. Sis had creatively placed it on the mantle in the grasp of their stupid shelf elf in an effort to keep me at bay (since you can't touch the little shits or it takes away their "magic"). After the fumble, I jumped up, yanked the bell sending elf flying across the room much to the horror of my niece and nephew, bolted for the patio door rang my bell and bellowed "GO TO HELL OLE MISS" at the top of my lungs - in suburbia, after 11:00 pm. I was sure a rent-a-cop was going to roll up for that one. Covenants and shit...

FlabLoser
12-06-2013, 10:06 AM

Wow! Man, let's get that video posted! PM me if you need help.

C222
12-06-2013, 10:14 AM

Then I continued to do the same the following Friday night, only abita and sweet water beer though this time.

Then I've caught various parts of each replay since. That shit never gets old and has me ready for next thanksgiving already.

The bar I went to stayed open until 1:30

FlabLoser
12-06-2013, 10:16 AM
It was over so fast. I saw Wallace running to the end zone and had Fourcade flashbacks. About as soon as I reminded myself that we still have the 2nd overtime, I saw the ball laying in the endzone and then 5 picked it up and my crew screamed and screamed. We stayed in the stadium quite a while to soak it in.

My stomach was hurting in OT. I'd been yelling like H-E-L-L all game long and I guess my stomach was in knots over tension and stress I dunno. Kinda burning. I wondered if it was the Mugshots burger I had in the stadium (which was damn good and the real deal only smaller). I think it was just tension. It got better after the game. So on the drive home, I let a DD take over in case I needed to hurl....or read everything I could on my phone during the ride home.

When I got home, me & Old Charter watched the replay start to finish. I hung out on the boards way too late and didn't get back to a normal sleep pattern for 3-4 more days.

Big4Dawg
12-06-2013, 10:16 AM

They actually closed at 1 Thursday.

Tbonewannabe
12-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Just wanted to say thank you to the guy in section 6, row 8 for the shot of Jim Beam. My flask had a hole in it so I drank my Woodford at the tailgate.

Maroonthirteen
12-06-2013, 11:28 AM
I was in section 06. I saw the ball come free as soon as Nickoe hit him. We went crazy cheering and ringing cowbells. My daughter rang her bell for a minute. Then I grabbed hers and was double fisting cowbells for a few minutes after that. We danced to "All I do is win". We ran down to the fence and took pics and video of the video board and Nickoe running by with the trophy.

I got home about 2am and went straight to bed. But woke up ridiculous earlier at 7am thinking about the game. I spent the entire morning watching the reply, reading game stories and this board. I can't get enough of watching that 4th quarter and OT. I will watch it again this weekend I am sure.

Goat Holder
12-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Try knowing what you're talking about next time.

Barking 13
12-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Hit "Billy" a couple times to calm down...

State82
12-06-2013, 01:19 PM
I got home about 1AM. Then watched every highlight I could find. Read every article I could find. Read message boards and blogs. Read twitter. Went to bed when I couldn't keep my eyes open after 4AM.

This was me almost verbatim. Stayed in the stadium with my daughter for a while celebrating (didn't look like a soul left DWS for at least 15 minutes after the game) and in complete shock and rolled into Madison around 1:00 AM after listening to the entire post game and 5th quarter show with Matt all the way home. Immediately started looking for replays of the game and found one starting the 4th qtr. Watched it, checked the board, then found the replay again on the U and watched the whole thing. Finally crashed out around 4:00 in the morning. It was glorious.

hailmari
12-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Ate. I was hungry as hell from all my jumping. Then, I rewatched it.

I seen it dawg
12-06-2013, 05:04 PM
I ran around my house like this for about 5 minutes after the fumble:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INOeZnfUuIY

Then I Seen It Dawg came by and picked me up around midnight- and we went downtown to one of our favorite bars for "victory pizza" and a couple of beers. Back home by 2am...put the game back on TV, got another beer, and hung out on the board until I passed out

Best hangover ever.

engie
12-06-2013, 05:17 PM
It's pretty hazy. Judging what was left, I was probably close to a 5th deep before walking into game with another pint plus on me. Poured the end of my whiskey in the stadium cup and walked out after the win after going totally nuts for awhile. Went to tailgate to find everyone and then to Cotton District. Messaged Coach and Bogey at some point there that I remember happy that they had both been right and I'd been wrong on here about Mullen -- and that he'd finally accomplished something that would allow me to feel a twinge of excitement for the future. Stayed at Bin for what felt like an eternity(It seriously HAD to be 1:30 or so) -- although I remember little about it. Looked up and everyone I knew(like 15 people) were gone. Found one remaining buddy outside and hitched a ride back to my brother's house with him.

Blew a breathalyzer just for fun that a buddy had. I was at .24 and it cut me off WELL before I was done with it(if you know how those things work, the more "full the exhale", the higher you blow). Could have broken .30 I'm pretty sure. At any rate, I got back and watched the highlights a few times and hung out, before drinking a shitload of water and eating something and crashing sometime around 3, judging by when my outgoing text messages finally stopped...

The 2 day hangover confirmed to me that I had an awesome time...

PassInterference
12-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Speaking of replays - State put out a EB highlight vid today. I noticed on Dak's go-ahead TD he ran over Conner at the goal line. Glorious.

RougeDawg
12-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Try knowing what you're talking about next time.

Since when do they close at 1 on Thursday? Everyone we talked to, students and hotel said they were closing at 1.

Try knowing the situation next time.

Statefan
12-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Yeah there is apparently some rule that they can stay open until 1 on gamedays

They did it for the Kentucky game too

471dawg
12-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Hey man I have no idea how to post this video its on my phone its 50 seconds long only about 10 seconds are of bo do I need to email it to you or what