PDA

View Full Version : Sooner Reaction

SteelCurtain74
11-26-2023, 07:55 PM
Here's a good video from Sooner Illustrated about Lebby, their QBs and potential coaches following Lebby.

First 6 1/2 minutes talks about how Lebby became named our coach

10:00 mark starts talking about Jackson Arnold and their other qbs.

17:00 mark starts talking about which coaches may follow Lebby.

https://youtu.be/rjIommd4wP0?si=mwcer7RbV9NJ_-6t

HancockCountyDog
11-26-2023, 08:05 PM
Summary?

R2Dawg
11-26-2023, 08:11 PM
Talked to Sooner friend of mine. He said the main reason OU fans didn't like him was he would build a big lead and then go conservative on play calling. Like 3rd and 9 and just run up the middle. But that is most coaches with a 3-4 TD lead, run clock and don't give other team anything easy. Other than that he is probably good.

DEDawg
11-26-2023, 08:13 PM
Talked to Sooner friend of mine. He said the main reason OU fans didn't like him was he would build a big lead and then go conservative on play calling. Like 3rd and 9 and just run up the middle. But that is most coaches with a 3-4 TD lead, run clock and don't give other team anything easy. Other than that he is probably good.

It's funny because if you read the other Sooner thread they literally said they didn't like him because he would go too fast and not give their defense a rest. Translation = they have no idea what theyre even complaining about

Offshore Dawg

Sooner fans in for a rude awaking playing an SEC schedule.

Mjoelner34

What is this 'big lead' thing you speak of?

SteelCurtain74
11-26-2023, 08:17 PM
Summary?

Jackson Arnold likely not following Lebby. Gabriel and a kid named Michael Hawkins most likely to follow of the qbs on the roster.

Coaches most likely to move with Lebby if any are Joe Jon Finley, Demarco Murray, possibly Brandon Hall and JR Sandlin, who is their Director of Recruiting.

They think Seth Littrell will be new OC for Oklahoma and Matt Wells will get a head coaching job at a smaller school like New Mexico or Utep.

CadaverDawg
11-26-2023, 08:19 PM
What is this 'big lead' thing you speak of?

Haha true

What they probably don't know is it was likely Venables that was telling Jeff to try and eat clock....may not have been him. Defensive minded HC's are like that sometimes. Maybe he keeps his foot on the gas here. He sure didn't let up last game when he posted 69 on TCU. Couldn't afford too bc their D was trash. We need him to hire a good DC

BigDawg81
11-26-2023, 08:30 PM
I listened to another Oklahoma podcast and believes that Gabriel will follow Lebby. I thought Gabriel was out of eligibility.

SilentSteel16
11-26-2023, 09:21 PM
I could be wrong here but Gabriel transferred to OU, so unless he graduated he can?t transfer

BrunswickDawg
11-26-2023, 09:29 PM
I could be wrong here but Gabriel transferred to OU, so unless he graduated he can?t transfer

Freshman '19, Redshirted '21.
He's got a COVID year and will be a grad transfer

EdwardDrayton
11-26-2023, 10:20 PM
It's funny because if you read the other Sooner thread they literally said they didn't like him because he would go too fast and not give their defense a rest. Translation = they have no idea what theyre even complaining about

And ironically that's what we melted about with Arnett. Chipping the offense to give the defense a rest. Oy vey.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 10:25 PM
Freshman '19, Redshirted '21.
He's got a COVID year and will be a grad transfer

This! he's good to go.

Todd4State
11-26-2023, 10:45 PM
Haha true

What they probably don't know is it was likely Venables that was telling Jeff to try and eat clock....may not have been him. Defensive minded HC's are like that sometimes. Maybe he keeps his foot on the gas here. He sure didn't let up last game when he posted 69 on TCU. Couldn't afford too bc their D was trash. We need him to hire a good DC

It would be funny if Lebby told Venables- "Hey dude- I'm gone so tell your guys to drink their water fast."

Todd4State
11-26-2023, 10:51 PM
Jackson Arnold likely not following Lebby. Gabriel and a kid named Michael Hawkins most likely to follow of the qbs on the roster.

Coaches most likely to move with Lebby if any are Joe Jon Finley, Demarco Murray, possibly Brandon Hall and JR Sandlin, who is their Director of Recruiting.

They think Seth Littrell will be new OC for Oklahoma and Matt Wells will get a head coaching job at a smaller school like New Mexico or Utep.

Murray is their RB coach. Brandon Hall coaches safeties. I don't know about Hall. He has been an Oklahoma guy for awhile.

JR Sandlin would be a grand slam home run. Hopefully he can replace Brad.

https://www.heartlandcollegesports.com/2022/01/06/oklahoma-hires-j-r-sandlin-as-director-of-player-personnel-and-recruiting/