PDA

View Full Version : Now who does he bring with him!

BlackSailsDawg
11-26-2023, 06:12 PM
Let's load up as if we are the top program in the SEC.

Stack the deck.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2023, 06:18 PM
https://youtu.be/74BzSTQCl_c?si=_ehX93KzneqKSUOD

somebodyshotmypaw
11-26-2023, 06:36 PM
Adrian Peterson, Brian Bosworth, and Steve Dr. Death Williams.

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 06:38 PM

Steve Williams passed away years ago. Doubt he will have much input.***

somebodyshotmypaw
11-26-2023, 06:51 PM
Steve Williams passed away years ago. Doubt he will have much input.***

Didn’t realize that. He played guard for OU, and wrestled in Mid-South Wrestling in the early 80s.

RockyDog
11-26-2023, 06:54 PM
Good ol JR!!!

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 06:55 PM
Didn’t realize that. He played guard for OU, and wrestled in Mid-South Wrestling in the early 80s.

Oh yeah. I remember him wrestling in the old Mid-South, UWF to WCW transition years. He spent a lot of time in Japan wrestling too. Couldn't break his habit though.

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 06:55 PM
Good ol JR!!!

Slobber knocker!!

Saltydog
11-26-2023, 06:59 PM
Didn?t realize that. He played guard for OU, and wrestled in Mid-South Wrestling in the early 80s.

I thought Dr. Death played against Kurt Russell & Robin Williams in "The Best of Times". My favorite line, "I'm pretty damn fast for a caucasian". Can you even say that anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha2WYwm9KfA

Todd4State
11-26-2023, 06:59 PM
Joe Jon Finley as TE coach and maybe Jason Clement as OL coach.

May see either Seth Littrell or Matt Wells as OC with Littrell maybe coaching RB's or Wells coaching QB's. One of those two may be Oklahoma's next OC though.

I imagine we'll keep Bumphis.

Coursesuper
11-26-2023, 07:04 PM

May see either Seth Littrell or Matt Wells as OC with Littrell maybe coaching RB's or Wells coaching QB's. One of those two may be Oklahoma's next OC though.

Please explain why he would keep Bump? The new coach has to have peers that he has worked with that know and
understand his system better than someone he’s never worked with.

dawggoneit
11-26-2023, 07:06 PM
I have friends that played at OU with Doctor Death. They tell some great stories. He was a bad dude. They said a lot of players would watch to see which bus he would get on and they would rush to get on the other bus.

Pancho
11-26-2023, 07:07 PM
That will be determined after Lebby and Bump have the discussion.

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 07:07 PM
Please explain why he would keep Bump? The new coach has to have peers that he has worked with that know and

I don't know who or if he will keep anyone but he will be interviewing current staff members to possibly retain somebody.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 07:08 PM
I thought Dr. Death played against Kurt Russell & Robin Williams in "The Best of Times". My favorite line, "I'm pretty damn fast for a caucasian". Can you even say that anymore?

Man I loved that movie! Kurt Russell(Reno Hightower) and Robin Williams. Awesome!

Really Clark?
I have friends that played at OU with Doctor Death. They tell some great stories. He was a bad dude. They said a lot of players would watch to see which bus he would get on and they would rush to get on the other bus.

Awesome story!! He was a bad man

DEDawg

I cant imagine he keeps Bump unless that was somehow agreed to as part of the offer (which would be super bush league)

Coursesuper
11-26-2023, 07:13 PM
I don't know who or if he will keep anyone but he will be interviewing current staff members to possibly retain somebody.

That’s customary, I just hope that we don’t try and force a coach on to the new staff good ole boy style just to have one of “ours”on there. That would be not good.

Todd4State
11-26-2023, 07:14 PM

Great recruiter. Can fend off of Espy and Hodge for WR recruits. We can potentially set it up where Bumphis coaches slots and another coach does outside receivers or something.

BeardoMSU
11-26-2023, 07:15 PM
Great recruiter. Can fend off of Espy and Hodge for WR recruits. We can potentially set it up where Bumphis coaches slots and another coach does outside receivers or something.

This

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 07:19 PM
That’s customary, I just hope that we don’t try and force a coach on to the new staff good ole boy style just to have one of “ours”on there. That would be not good.

Oh yeah. I gotcha. We are giving Coach Lebby full control of the staff hires, is my understanding. As it should be.

Mjoelner34
11-26-2023, 07:21 PM
Great recruiter.

So losing a hometown 4 star WR = a great recruiter?

Coursesuper
11-26-2023, 07:22 PM

If that fits the new guys system that’s great. He knows the lay of the land here, but we can’t force any coach on him. That’s bush league BS.

Coursesuper
11-26-2023, 07:23 PM
Oh yeah. I gotcha. We are giving Coach Lebby full control of the staff hires, is my understanding. As it should be.

As it should be!

Saltydog
11-26-2023, 07:30 PM
I do too CC24. We're showing our age, lol. I'm sure there's not many here that remember it though.

mo7888
11-26-2023, 07:30 PM
Briles is in consideration as OC....

BigDawg81
11-26-2023, 07:35 PM
So losing a hometown 4 star WR = a great recruiter? I don?t blame that on him at all. Did you see the offense and how putrid it was?

ZedFedder
11-26-2023, 07:41 PM
So losing a hometown 4 star WR = a great recruiter?

How in the world can you hold that against Bump when the O looked like it did week in and week out? I will not be surprised in Burnside gets back in the fold now.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 07:44 PM
I do too CC24. We're showing our age, lol. I'm sure there's not many here that remember it though.

Yes we are! It was a B movie but dang I liked it! I watch it every time it comes on

CadaverDawg
11-26-2023, 07:47 PM
I would expect if any/many coaches are retained, they'll be on the defensive side of the ball. Lebby's O should recruit itself....but you best believe by his comments, he knows he needs inroads with these stud MS defensive players. He wants to keep that train rolling, so Turner and a few others might be in a good spot

Mjoelner34
11-26-2023, 07:49 PM
I don?t blame that on him at all. Did you see the offense and how putrid it was?

How in the world can you hold that against Bump when the O looked like it did week in and week out? I will not be surprised in Burnside gets back in the fold now.

Then what distinguishes someone as a great recruiter if they can't pull that off?

StarkVegasSteve
11-27-2023, 01:30 PM
So it has to be asked…..does Lebby bring the Cannizarro killer back to Starkville with him???****

Thick
11-27-2023, 01:57 PM

That OU 247 Sports video, one of the guys does mention. Joe Jon could very well come with Lebby. Dude said Lebby has a really good relationship with him.

BankerDog
11-27-2023, 01:57 PM
I would expect if any/many coaches are retained, they'll be on the defensive side of the ball. Lebby's O should recruit itself....but you best believe by his comments, he knows he needs inroads with these stud MS defensive players. He wants to keep that train rolling, so Turner and a few others might be in a good spot

Turner didn?t get us in position with the top DL this year in state, which was the sole reason they wanted him back. The only guys I could see staying would be Gerri Green and Calhoun. Potentially Hughes in an off field role.

We will staff up off field analysts and evaluators for portal, etc

KB21
11-27-2023, 02:08 PM
So it has to be asked…..does Lebby bring the Cannizarro killer back to Starkville with him???****

https://x.com/leewdavis17/status/1483544799798038529?s=20

MoreCowbell
11-27-2023, 02:22 PM

When and why did Littrell get fired from UNT?

C&DDAWG32
11-27-2023, 02:28 PM
I think they OU probably holds on to Littrell. I would be surprised if it's a big name OC hire, just because his offense is one of the main reasons he got hired. I wouldn't think a big time OC would want to come work for someone that's going to have their thumb on it. This is just my opinion and could be totally wrong. I would rather spend the money on a big time DC.

viverlibre
11-27-2023, 02:29 PM

The best sports movie of all time, bar none.

parabrave
11-27-2023, 02:44 PM

JC Watts and Joe Washington**

parabrave
11-27-2023, 02:45 PM

Dam I've been looking for this for years/ Great Movie. And the White Cleats.

Joebob
11-27-2023, 07:35 PM
The best sports movie of all time, bar none.

Too bad they don't play games in the mud anymore.