PDA

View Full Version : MSU Flight Ops

Mjoelner34
11-26-2023, 11:13 AM
Was just in the Sprint Mart by the airport and heard a jet take off so I drove by to check and it wasn't a university jet. MSU Flight Ops is buttoned up and nobody is there. But, "It's coming". They already have the crowd barriers up.

Catfish
11-26-2023, 11:23 AM
Was just in the Sprint Mart by the airport and heard a jet take off so I drove by to check and it wasn't a university jet. MSU Flight Ops is buttoned up and nobody is there. But, "It's coming". They already have the crowd barriers up.

When and if a plane takes off StarkVegasSteve will be aboard. It may be stowaway or duct tape, but he will be on that sucker. This was hashed out yesterday.

Mjoelner34
11-26-2023, 11:28 AM
When and if a plane takes off StarkVegasSteve will be aboard. It may be stow away or duct tape, but he will be on that sucker. This was hashed out yesterday.

I should have left a note taped to the fence: Check the wheel wells for a stowaway.

Catfish
11-26-2023, 12:35 PM
I should have left a note taped to the fence: Check the wheel wells for a stowaway.

Radio in, Steve.

BigDawg81
11-26-2023, 12:41 PM
Starkville PD tweeted eye emoji?s. I assume Lebby arrival is near.

Cooterpoot
11-26-2023, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't expect anything for another day or so on the actual arrival. Maybe we get an official announcement first.

msstate7
11-26-2023, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't expect anything for another day or so on the actual arrival. Maybe we get an official announcement first.

If there isn't an announcement today, someone got cold feet

DEDawg
11-26-2023, 01:21 PM

Yeah... does not sound good if we don't hear anything today + all the other jobs opening up today.

Catfish
11-26-2023, 01:24 PM
Too quiet...

BlackSailsDawg
11-26-2023, 01:25 PM

He is getting the contract today and they are ironing out the details. He is meeting with the OU team today.

DEDawg
11-26-2023, 01:27 PM
He is getting the contract today and they are ironing out the details. He is meeting with the OU team today.

any idea if all the money was figured out? sounds like he may have wanted more for his staff

Cowbell
11-26-2023, 01:30 PM

With A&M lurking, we need to get our guy signed

Dawgface
11-26-2023, 01:30 PM
any idea if all the money was figured out? sounds like he may have wanted more for his staff

What makes you think that?

DEDawg
11-26-2023, 01:31 PM
What makes you think that?

can't remember who but someone else posted it. no idea if true but want to get this officially done asap with all the other jobs opening up

BlackSailsDawg
11-26-2023, 01:32 PM

He sees a weakness in our organization. Support staff. He wants more. I think that speaks volumes to his understanding of what it takes.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2023, 01:32 PM
Too quiet...

Yep. Doesn't feel right. Maybe that's just the ol MSU in me though.

DEDawg
11-26-2023, 01:33 PM
He sees a weakness in our organization. Support staff. He wants more. I think that speaks volumes to his understanding of what it takes.

did we pony up? if we are only paying him 4M I see no reason we should not. Not like that money can go to NIL

BlackSailsDawg
11-26-2023, 01:41 PM
did we pony up? if we are only paying him 4M I see no reason we should not. Not like that money can go to NIL

That won't be a sticking point. It's past time to step up our game in that area. We are talking film guys, recruiting staff...etc. We are way behind in that.

https://rolltide.com/images/2023/8/7/080623_MFB__TEAM_KG0804x.jpg

All those white shirts...

DEDawg
11-26-2023, 01:45 PM
That won't be a sticking point. It's past time to step up our game in that area. We are talking film guys, recruiting staff...etc. We are way behind in that.

I am good with that. hopefully we get that done asap. if I remember correctly that was a big thing with Naiper, he wanted to really invest in off field stuff. hopefully we see the light

Mjoelner34
11-26-2023, 01:48 PM

I like it!

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 01:52 PM
Radio in, Steve.

Shhh…..everyone be quiet. I am stowed away in the bathroom of this damn thing. Been here for 12 hours.

EdwardDrayton
11-26-2023, 01:56 PM
Suck it up SVS. You're the closest thing we've had to any real news all week.

Catfish
11-26-2023, 01:59 PM
Shhh…..everyone be quiet. I am stowed away in the bathroom of this damn thing. Been here for 12 hours.

Don't flush!!

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 02:02 PM
Radio in, Steve.

Hahaha

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 02:03 PM

Hahaha. You got this man!!

BlackSailsDawg
11-26-2023, 02:07 PM
I like it!

Yeah, much needed. Less stress on coaches to have the work to do and time to focus on other things like player development etc. Glad he is requesting it.

preachermatt83
11-26-2023, 03:09 PM

This^^^

HancockCountyDog
11-26-2023, 03:12 PM
Everyone take a deep breath, Dellenger doesn?t post what he posted without knowing the deal is done.

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 03:21 PM
Hearing the cheerleaders have been told to be at the airport around 7 tonight

Mjoelner34
11-26-2023, 03:22 PM

Damn dude! You even have sources with the cheerleaders? LOL

Catfish
11-26-2023, 03:24 PM
Damn dude! You even have sources with the cheerleaders? LOL

If this involves duct tape and WD-40, don't answer Steve.

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 03:25 PM
If this involves duct tape and WD-40, don't answer.

It does not haha. Also being told that there is a team meeting at around 7:30 tonight.

BigDawg81
11-26-2023, 03:27 PM
How do I get those sources? For real, I seen that on Twitter unless that was you

Dawgface
11-26-2023, 03:30 PM
It does not haha. Also being told that there is a team meeting at around 7:30 tonight.

The big surprise....it's Chadwell. :p

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 03:33 PM
How do I get those sources? For real, I seen that on Twitter unless that was you

Just have to know who to ask and who to talk to and then you have to filter through about 90% of it because it is BS. I also was in Starkville yesterday so I saw some stuff that raised my antenna and called some people who would know. They have kind of kept me in the loop through today.

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 03:34 PM
If this involves duct tape and WD-40, don't answer Steve.

Just on special occasions. Lol

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 03:36 PM

He's plugged in on the ground in Starkville. Being local and having local helps a lot getting logistic information

Catfish
11-26-2023, 03:40 PM
Just on special occasions. Lol

I better stop!!

SPMT
11-26-2023, 03:42 PM
He's plugged in on the ground in Starkville. Being local and having local helps a lot getting logistic information

They?ve been talking Lebby since at least Thursday or Friday this past week.

BigDawg81
11-26-2023, 03:43 PM
Oh yea, I live about 4 1/2 hours away. I have worked in logistics before and it?s a lot of moving parts. You have to depend on a lot of people and I wanted to choke half of them.

SPMT
11-26-2023, 03:43 PM

They?ve been talking Lebby locally since at least Thursday or Friday this past week.

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 03:45 PM

I am not even local is the funny thing. I live in DFW now and have for almost 3 years. Still maintain a condo in Starkville and have a lot of friends that are local and work for the university, athletic dept, etc.

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 03:49 PM
They?ve been talking Lebby since at least Thursday or Friday this past week.

Not that. The actual stuff happening in Starkville right now to prepare for it

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 03:50 PM
I am not even local is the funny thing. I live in DFW now and have for almost 3 years. Still maintain a condo in Starkville and have a lot of friends that are local and work for the university, athletic dept, etc.

Dang, I forgot you said that before. Living in DFW. Still plugged in with locals though. lol

SailingDawg
11-26-2023, 03:50 PM

Oh heck I thought you were my friend from ?Vegas, though I?ve never asked him.

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 04:02 PM
Dang, I forgot you said that before. Living in DFW. Still plugged in with locals though. lol

Yea plugged in with the locals in Starkville and in Dallas. I can give you some good scoops on the Arkansas situation

parabrave
11-26-2023, 04:06 PM
Yea plugged in with the locals in Starkville and in Dallas. I can give you some good scoops on the Arkansas situation

What Pittman has till Mid season to right the ship/

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 04:07 PM

Yeah, like who does Pitman have pictures of. Lol

I know there is a segment that likes him or don't dislike him enough for the buyout. But they looked so bad this week

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 04:11 PM
Yeah, like who does Pitman have pictures of. Lol

I know there is a segment that likes him or don't dislike him enough for the buyout. But they looked so bad this week

It is actually really simple. Yurachek called the Walton descendants and they would not give him money and same with the JB Hunt folks. Tyson would give him what he needed but wanted Gus hired point blank. No one else. Yurachek does not exactly get along with Jerry because of the whole Chad Morris thing and Jerry pushing that one.

I know they have told Pittman that although he is safe, major changes are needed. I think they want to go back to the Briles style offense.

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 04:15 PM
It is actually really simple. Yurachek called the Walton descendants and they would not give him money and same with the JB Hunt folks. Tyson would give him what he needed but wanted Gus hired point blank. No one else. Yurachek does not exactly get along with Jerry because of the whole Chad Morris thing and Jerry pushing that one.

I know they have told Pittman that although he is safe, major changes are needed. I think they want to go back to the Briles style offense.

There you go. Goes to show you that when it comes to actually getting the money, a lot of schools have boosters that conflict. They do have some egos to deal with up there through among their power boosters.

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 04:21 PM
There you go. Goes to show you that when it comes to actually getting the money, a lot of schools have boosters that conflict. They do have some egos to deal with up there through among their power boosters.

The best thing I have ever heard on the same was from Ryen Russillo about a year ago. He was talking to either Kannell or Klatt and they were discussing Michigan St. Michigan St has two HUGE billionaire boosters in Matt Ishbia and Dan Gilbert. At the time, only Gilbert owned an NBA team. Ishbia wanted a team. Well he made Michigan St his team and had an open conflict with Gilbert on who could give Michigan St the most money for the right player, coach, etc.

I say all that to say this, these big time boosters that have the ability to influence hiring and firing at these college programs like they own the program. They are not QUITE rich enough, or do not have the fire to own a pro sports team but they want to be able to throw their weight and influence around in sports at some level. They want to be able to brag to their friends at the country club or at happy hour that they bought that player or that coach or they paid for that building. And there lies the conflict, to get their money they want influence on decision making.

DEDawg
11-26-2023, 04:24 PM
The best thing I have ever heard on the same was from Ryen Russillo about a year ago. He was talking to either Kannell or Klatt and they were discussing Michigan St. Michigan St has two HUGE billionaire boosters in Matt Ishbia and Dan Gilbert. At the time, only Gilbert owned an NBA team. Ishbia wanted a team. Well he made Michigan St his team and had an open conflict with Gilbert on who could give Michigan St the most money for the right player, coach, etc.

I say all that to say this, these big time boosters that have the ability to influence hiring and firing great these college programs like they own the program. They are not QUITE rich enough, or do not have the fire to own a pro sports team but they want to be able to throw their weight and influence around in sports at some level. They want to be able to brag to their friends at the country club or at happy hour that they bought that player or that coach or they paid for that building. And there lies the conflict, to get their money they want influence on decision making.

anytime you have non sports boosters/owners/etc making decisions youre in trouble. I mean hell look at Carolina Panthers, they wanted Stroud and Tepper overruled them to draft Bryce Young

parabrave
11-26-2023, 04:48 PM
anytime you have non sports boosters/owners/etc making decisions youre in trouble. I mean hell look at Carolina Panthers, they wanted Stroud and Tepper overruled them to draft Bryce Young

I remember Aikman sucked his 1st year when he had no Talent surrounding him/ Young is a good QB but in a really bad organization.

Mjoelner34
11-26-2023, 05:09 PM
Couldn't stand it. I drove I to town again. Looks like lights and maybe a stage being assembled on the ramp at Flight Ops now. No pics this time.

Catfish
11-26-2023, 05:14 PM
Couldn't stand it. I drove I to town again. Looks like lights and maybe a stage being assembled on the ramp at Flight Ops now. No pics this time.

This has been the best kept secret since the coca cola recipe.

mparkerfd20
11-26-2023, 05:18 PM
What's the holdup? IHL? OU pay site confirmed contract signed 2 hours ago.

Catfish
11-26-2023, 05:19 PM
What's the holdup? IHL? OU pay site confirmed contract signed 2 hours ago.

Waiting on the dang cheerleaders?

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 05:29 PM
Lebby saying goodbye to players and staff at ou. There's a players meeting at 730 tonight and the kids I've talked are pumped about the hire especially offensive guys

Catfish
11-26-2023, 05:32 PM
Lebby saying goodbye to players and staff at ou. There's a players meeting at 730 tonight and the kids I've talked are pumped about the hire especially offensive guys

Thanks for the info.

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 05:34 PM
Offficially official. Lets Ride My Friends

I am strapped in on the toilet and takeoff is approaching, I will sign Jeff up for ED the moment he steps on the plane.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 05:38 PM
Just guessing based on timing of players meeting but lebby maybe in around 6-630

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 05:38 PM

Yeah, they are ecstatic

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 05:40 PM

I am strapped in on the toilet and takeoff is approaching, I will sign Jeff up for ED the moment he steps on the plane.

There you go!! Now it's official!! Steve got us!!

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 05:40 PM
Yeah, they are ecstatic

And these guys are gonna have to earn a spot because lebby will cut em and go to the portal if they can't do the job

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 05:42 PM
And these guys are gonna have to earn a spot because lebby will cut em and go to the portal if they can't do the job

Yes he is. Part of his sell pitch to us that he believe could flip the roster fast to be competitive faster. Time to up NIL!!

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 05:42 PM
We're gonna have to be patient because lebbys gonna have some roster churn to get the players he needs. May take a year.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 05:43 PM
Yes he is. Part of his sell pitch to us that he believe could flip the roster fast to be competitive faster. Time to up NIL!!

Yep and if folks aren't contributing now they need to start every little bit helps!

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 05:44 PM

And I love this philosophy. Don't sit around and wait go get it!

Catfish
11-26-2023, 05:51 PM

Do you have your duct tape, just in case?

Coursesuper
11-26-2023, 05:54 PM
We're gonna have to be patient because lebbys gonna have some roster churn to get the players he needs. May take a year.

Absolutely correct.,

dogshiek
11-26-2023, 05:55 PM
MSU Athletics X Twitter says Lebby will arrive at 8 pm

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 06:01 PM
Absolutely correct.,

Yeah but you know we'll have people panicking in the spring game lol.

Coursesuper
11-26-2023, 06:08 PM

Truer words have never been spoken.

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 06:11 PM

I know, I know...I'm just hoping for a little peace on the board until then. Not happening is it?

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 06:23 PM
I know, I know...I'm just hoping for a little peace on the board until then. Not happening is it?

That's one thing that's for sure on here, that there'll always be some not happy, just like death and taxes a sure thing

Coursesuper
11-26-2023, 06:32 PM
That's one thing that's for sure on here, that there'll always be some not happy, just like death and taxes a sure thing

If we as an alumni could get on the same page it would be like 10 Christmas miracles all wrapped up in one giant miracle.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 06:34 PM
If we as an alumni could get on the same page it would be like 10 Christmas miracles all wrapped up in one giant miracle.

Man wouldn't that be wonderful! Don't think l ever see that in my lifetime

Coursesuper
11-26-2023, 06:39 PM

That’s just how the world works now isn’t it. They are getting paid now so I guess it comes with the territory.

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 06:39 PM
Man wouldn't that be wonderful! Don't think l ever see that in my lifetime

My kids, or future grandkids lifetimes. I would love to see it though.

DownwardDawg
11-26-2023, 06:42 PM

Lately this board is a microcosm of what our country has become.

Really Clark?
11-26-2023, 06:43 PM

Truth

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 06:45 PM
My kids, or future grandkids lifetimes. I would love to see it though.

Same here. We could be so much better.

Commercecomet24
11-26-2023, 06:45 PM

100%

DownwardDawg
11-26-2023, 06:48 PM
Truth

Unfortunately, I've let myself be a part of that. No more. Time to support this coach and enjoy seeing his offense next season.