PDA

View Full Version : Question on Lebby

paverdog
11-26-2023, 10:21 AM
Just wondering when will they confirm Lebby and will we be able to see his press conference?

chef dixon
11-26-2023, 10:23 AM
Lol I was about to post if it ain't official soon I ain't buying it

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 10:25 AM
It has been posted multiple times here in the last 24 hours. It was expected to start breaking last night, which it did. An official announcement is expected today with a press conference tomorrow.

Coursesuper
11-26-2023, 10:26 AM
I would bet on a press release sometime this afternoon or early evening, press conference tomorrow. I’m sure it will be carried by the sec network that you can stream on the ESPN app.

Catfish
11-26-2023, 10:28 AM
News wire hasn't updated anything this morning. Still negotiating?

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 10:30 AM
News wire hasn't updated anything this morning. Still negotiating?

They are giving him a chamber to speak to players. It will be announced this afternoon.

Catfish
11-26-2023, 10:32 AM
They are giving him a chamber to speak to players. It will be announced this afternoon.

Thanks

basedog
11-26-2023, 10:41 AM

Maybe privately, never heard of assistant saying bye at team meeting.

StarkVegasSteve
11-26-2023, 11:02 AM
Maybe privately, never heard of assistant saying bye at team meeting.

Just regurgitating what OU guys were reporting last night.

BankerDog
11-26-2023, 11:05 AM
Report out this morning that Joe Jon Finley expected to stay at OU? Hope that?s not true but could mean Kendall is coming?

DEDawg
11-26-2023, 11:20 AM
Report out this morning that Joe Jon Finley expected to stay at OU? Hope that?s not true but could mean Kendall is coming?

There is no reason for Kendall to come. I would much prefer Lebby calls plays and a GA helps him with clock mgmt year 1 then we get one extra on field coach that way

CoachT14
11-26-2023, 11:42 AM

I?d be shocked if Finley doesn?t come. But he?s also close John David Baker the TE coach at Ole Miss.

As a side note Seth Littrell has coached TEs or RBs throughout his career so he?s obviously an option as well and they are seemingly close too from what I can gather.

BankerDog
11-26-2023, 11:46 AM
I?d be shocked if Finley doesn?t come. But he?s also close John David Baker the TE coach at Ole Miss.

As a side note Seth Littrell has coached TEs or RBs throughout his career so he?s obviously an option as well and they are seemingly close too from what I can gather.

Looks like Litrell will be named the OC at OU. May be worth a shot to make a run at Bedenbough. I tell you who also is connected to Lebby is Mason Miller. That?d be something..

CoachT14
11-26-2023, 12:06 PM
Looks like Litrell will be named the OC at OU. May be worth a shot to make a run at Bedenbough. I tell you who also is connected to Lebby is Mason Miller. That?d be something..

Randy Clements will be the OL coach. He?s UNC?s OL coach. He?s been with around Lebby for 15 years.

I?ve heard rumblings that Littrell and Venables have issues with each other. And Littrell and Lebby are good friends. And I?ve seen some of our folks nearly adamant he?s on staff.

DCdawg
11-26-2023, 12:27 PM
The Lebby/Kiffin relationship started to sour when Kiffin fired Clements, if I remember correctly.

TheLostDawg
11-26-2023, 12:27 PM
Is a shame this wasn't done last year and we wasted a season and bowl streak due to it

TheLostDawg
11-26-2023, 12:29 PM
The Lebby/Kiffin relationship started to sour when Kiffin fired Clements, if I remember correctly.

Why was he fired

DCdawg
11-26-2023, 12:38 PM
Why was he fired

According to what was released at the time, he and Kiffin didn't agree on who should be playing. Kiffin fired him right after the spring game and without Lebby knowing prior.

BlackSailsDawg
11-26-2023, 12:41 PM
It has been posted multiple times here in the last 24 hours. It was expected to start breaking last night, which it did. An official announcement is expected today with a press conference tomorrow.

He's just getting the contract. So tonight maybe. He's asking for more money to expand the support staff.

BlackSailsDawg
11-26-2023, 12:42 PM
Randy Clements will be the OL coach. He?s UNC?s OL coach. He?s been with around Lebby for 15 years.

I?ve heard rumblings that Littrell and Venables have issues with each other. And Littrell and Lebby are good friends. And I?ve seen some of our folks nearly adamant he?s on staff.

If Littrell comes with Lebby... We are going to be hard to stop!

Maverick91
11-26-2023, 01:46 PM
He's just getting the contract. So tonight maybe. He's asking for more money to expand the support staff.

If that is true. That makes me very happy!