PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to thank Sunbelt Billy's ego

Biguglyjoe
11-25-2023, 10:49 PM
for not allowing him to take our HC job. For that, I thank you.

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 10:54 PM
No kidding. Bullet dodged.

Mjoelner34
11-25-2023, 10:59 PM
No kidding. Bullet dodged.

Yep. I thought shitshow Joe was a good hire but was never really sold on him and it didn't take long (the UK game) to show what he was all about. I was 110% on board with getting Sunbelt Billy and I was 110% wrong. Whew!

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 11:08 PM
Icing on the cake would be, Florida holds on to Billy and they fire both Stricklin and Billy next year.

Fk Stricklin

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 11:16 PM
Icing on the cake would be, Florida holds on to Billy and they fire both Stricklin and Billy next year.

Fk Stricklin

I like you. Lol

redstickdawg
11-25-2023, 11:18 PM
Yep. I thought shitshow Joe was a good hire but was never really sold on him and it didn't take long (the UK game) to show what he was all about. I was 110% on board with getting Sunbelt Billy and I was 110% wrong. Whew!

I thought that sunbelt Billy was the hot name after we fired JoMo that's at least what Bert Stare told us. I think that you have timing off slightly. I agree that Uf deserves billy adn stricklin both.

KOdawg1
11-25-2023, 11:21 PM
Proof that coaching hires are a complete crapshoot.

Winners at lower levels can flame out on the big stage. That's why getting a coach with HC experience wasn't a huge deal to me. It's all a risk. So you go with the guy with the most upside. Which I think we did.

Mjoelner34
11-25-2023, 11:27 PM
I thought that sunbelt Billy was the hot name after we fired JoMo that's at least what Bert Stare told us. I think that you have timing off slightly. I agree that Uf deserves billy adn stricklin both.

Billy was the hot name the day of the piss and miss Egg Bowl. The year before I was happy with the Moorhead hire but his ring comment kind of rubbed me the wrong way as too much talk before you've even hit the field then major warning signs appeared in the UK game. I was WAY past ready to get rid of him long before that 2nd egg bowl and signs were pointing to that happening win or lose and Billy being the guy to replace him.

R2Dawg
11-26-2023, 08:59 AM
Proof that coaching hires are a complete crapshoot.

Winners at lower levels can flame out on the big stage. That's why getting a coach with HC experience wasn't a huge deal to me. It's all a risk. So you go with the guy with the most upside. Which I think we did.

This is correct. Fingers crossed.