PDA

View Full Version : Another good read on Fletcher Cox...

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 11:43 PM
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/84715/all-22-all-stars-fletcher-cox-the-eagles-budding-superstar

"While many top draft prospects spend the time before the combine at specialized facilities in places like Arizona in Florida, Cox stayed in Starkville and train with Mississippi State's strength-and-conditioning staff. "I wanted to be somewhere where they knew my weaknesses instead of going out somewhere and starting all over", Cox says. It turned out to be the right choice. The combine was a showcase for Cox, who weighed in at 298 pounds and still managed a 4.79 in the 40-yard dash. By the time the draft came, Cox was considered a guarantee to go in the first round, and on draft day the Eagles jumped up three spots to grab him with the 12th overall pick."

Thanks CookieMonster on SPS for the link.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2013, 11:56 PM
"While many top draft prospects spend the time before the combine at specialized facilities in places like Arizona in Florida, Cox stayed in Starkville and train with Mississippi State's strength-and-conditioning staff. "I wanted to be somewhere where they knew my weaknesses instead of going out somewhere and starting all over", Cox says. It turned out to be the right choice. The combine was a showcase for Cox, who weighed in at 298 pounds and still managed a 4.79 in the 40-yard dash. By the time the draft came, Cox was considered a guarantee to go in the first round, and on draft day the Eagles jumped up three spots to grab him with the 12th overall pick."

Yes, this is what logical people call player development and TRUST in the coaching staff.

Why any high school player in MS wouldn't want to be apart of this is beyond me.

Simple question:

Do you want to party in college or do you want to reach your full potential as a football player?

Thanks CookieMonster on SPS for the link.[/QUOTE]