PDA

View Full Version : Coaching rumor- Stoops to A&M

Coach34
11-25-2023, 09:50 PM
and I'm not talking Bob

That would be damn interesting and mean A&M decided to get real after getting kicked in the nuts on 7-8 choices

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 09:58 PM
Stoops is a good coach, but they would have come off a lot cheaper keeping Jimbo if this does happen. I don't think Stoops is any better/worse.

CadaverDawg
11-25-2023, 09:59 PM
Terrible hire. Stoops to A&M, Sumrall to Kentucky. Two bad hires

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 10:00 PM
It's odd and there is pushback on it. They kept it tight lipped until the last minute if it is him though.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 10:02 PM
I think he's a much better coach than Jimbo.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 10:07 PM

I agree with this.

Quaoarsking
11-25-2023, 10:07 PM
So are we hiring Lebby because Sumrall told us he'd rather have the Kentucky job?

CadaverDawg
11-25-2023, 10:08 PM
We really need to get the ink dried with Lebby before Bjork throws a Hail Mary at him....bc the A&M fans are not taking the Stoops news well to say the least

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 10:08 PM

76 million dollars better? Lol no.

Check out his SEC record. I'll wait.

CadaverDawg
11-25-2023, 10:09 PM
So are we hiring Lebby because Sumrall told us he'd rather have the Kentucky job?

I'm guessing it's bc Lebby is a better fit for what we need. We just fired a defensive HC with a boring offense. Sumrall is Arnett with experience and a Sun Belt schedule

BigDawg81
11-25-2023, 10:09 PM
Crazy how things work out

Tater
11-25-2023, 10:12 PM
Thanks for posting this. I'd have gotten flamed for being a hater if I made it myself. But I was told to relax and chill out that it's a smokescreen for Sumrall at 3 pm today. Between 3-6 Kentucky found out that Stoops was really the guy and made the move for Sumrall. Sumrall left us at the altar. I don't think UK is a better job on a vaccuum except in cases like his with personal ties so I have no ill will.

I'm just kinda stunned at this point. Weird day.

Tater
11-25-2023, 10:16 PM
I'm guessing it's bc Lebby is a better fit for what we need. We just fired a defensive HC with a boring offense. Sumrall is Arnett with experience and a Sun Belt schedule

To be fair, I think if Arnett takes the trajectory that Sumrall did then he's seen as a good HC. I think it was too early for him and he was in over his head here. In 15 years I wouldn't be surprised to see Arnett considered as a top 20 coach in college football.

confucius say
11-25-2023, 10:18 PM
If they hire stoops their fanbase will have bjork's head. Holy crap.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 10:21 PM
76 million dollars better? Lol no.

Check out his SEC record. I'll wait.

No idea what this is supposed to mean. I didn't say anything about money. SEC records???? Are you serious???? Jimbo had more talent on his teams than anyone else in the SEC other than Bama and UGA. aTm actually out-recruited them too a couple times. Stoops had Kentucky talent. Like 12th or so in the league. Surely you get that?

Commercecomet24
11-25-2023, 10:22 PM

Yeah that would be very uninspiring to them

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 10:23 PM

It's certainly not a splash hire. I would think with their budget they would hire someone with more upside.
He'll do better than Jimbo, but won't win the SEC.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2023, 10:24 PM

No

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 10:27 PM
No idea what this is supposed to mean. I didn't say anything about money. SEC records???? Are you serious???? Jimbo had more talent on his teams than anyone else in the SEC other than Bama and UGA. aTm actually out-recruited them too a couple times. Stoops had Kentucky talent. Like 12th or so in the league. Surely you get that?

He coached in the SEC East. It is not like he had a losing record in the west.

I'm am saying, why would they pay Jimbo 76 million to leave and replace him with Mark Stoops? That makes zero sense.

BankerDog
11-25-2023, 10:28 PM
Terrible hire. Stoops to A&M, Sumrall to Kentucky. Two bad hires

Thankful for Bob Stoops tonight. He saved us from disaster I believe. There was an agreement in place with Sumrall until news started leaking of Stoops to A&M. Sumrall backed out we went with Lebby. In the end, I?m glad it happened. We need an offensive minded HC. And really glad this hire has Ole Miss people nervous.

DesotoDog1967
11-25-2023, 10:28 PM
Has Stoops won anything better than the Citrus bowl?

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 10:30 PM
Has Stoops won anything better than the Citrus bowl?

Careful, there are people here that consider him a top 5 coach, apparently.

DownwardDawg
He coached in the SEC East. It is not like he had a losing record in the west.

I'm am saying, why would they pay Jimbo 76 million to leave and replace him with Mark Stoops? That makes zero sense.

Oh I agree it make zero sense! It's crazy! But those people are crazy.
I'm just saying I think he's a better coach than Jimbo. But if I were an aTn fan with their resources, I'd be pissed.

DownwardDawg
Careful, there are people here that consider him a top 5 coach, apparently.

No

Commercecomet24
11-25-2023, 10:31 PM
I'm just saying I think he's a better coach than Jimbo. But if I were an aTn fan with their resources, I'd be pissed.

It just goes to show you how hard it is to make a home run hire even with am money. It's not easy

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 10:32 PM

Yeah, with aTm resources, I would imagine he would be WAY down the list, if he was even on the list. Lol

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 10:33 PM
No

If he goes to aTm he will more than likely be making top 5 salary. He was at like 9m a year at Kentucky right?

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 10:34 PM
Yeah, with aTm resources, I would imagine he would be WAY down the list, if he was even on the list. Lol

Yeah. If they really hire him it'll be a big WTF moment.

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 10:34 PM
Yeah. If they really hire him it'll be a big WTF moment.

Makes me feel a little better about Lebby. Lol

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 10:35 PM
If he goes to aTm he will more than likely be making top 5 salary. He was at like 9m a year at Kentucky right?

I'm not sure. I really have no idea what he was making. Man I wish I had aTm's money!!! Good grief!!

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 10:36 PM
Makes me feel a little better about Lebby. Lol

Hahaha!! Yeah!

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 10:36 PM
Stoops made $8.6 MIL this year

Coach34
11-25-2023, 10:40 PM
If they hire Stoops it tells you how many times they were told no by other coaches

Money doesnt mean everything to coaches when it comes to jobs

662dawg
11-25-2023, 10:41 PM
Thanks for posting this. I'd have gotten flamed for being a hater if I made it myself. But I was told to relax and chill out that it's a smokescreen for Sumrall at 3 pm today. Between 3-6 Kentucky found out that Stoops was really the guy and made the move for Sumrall. Sumrall left us at the altar. I don't think UK is a better job on a vaccuum except in cases like his with personal ties so I have no ill will.

I'm just kinda stunned at this point. Weird day.

Somebody is lying to you or you're just making sh!t up. Sumrall was NEVER getting a job here. It was always going to be Lebby, an offensive guy. The fan base would have never gotten behind a defensive coach after what just happened & Selmon knew it.

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 10:44 PM
Stoops made $8.6 MIL this year

I'll be waiting to see what aTm pays him. Surely it would have to be significantly more. He had it pretty good at KY.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 10:44 PM
Thankful for Bob Stoops tonight. He saved us from disaster I believe. There was an agreement in place with Sumrall until news started leaking of Stoops to A&M. Sumrall backed out we went with Lebby. In the end, I?m glad it happened. We need an offensive minded HC. And really glad this hire has Ole Miss people nervous.

This doesn't even sound close to reality. Not knocking you, but your source has to be making shit up.

BankerDog
11-25-2023, 10:47 PM
This doesn't even sound close to reality. Not knocking you, but your source has to be making shit up.

A lot of smoke this morning it was Sumrall and something happened. I know a lot of the Alabama guys were pushing us to hire him. Glad it worked out for both sides though. We got the offensive guy we needed and he got his dream job.

662dawg

Yes it's 100% made up bullshit!t lol. I repeat Sumrall was never going or be the coach here.

Commercecomet24
If they hire Stoops it tells you how many times they were told no by other coaches

This right here. Been saying it the whole time. It's not easy to hit a home run hire. Money doesn't fix everything but a lot on here think you just offer Coach x this huge amount and he'll drop everything to come. It's not that easy and am who has more resources than anyone is proof. They missed on a bunch to hire stoops

lastmajordog
11-25-2023, 10:49 PM
So Kiffen stays at om?

Tater
11-25-2023, 10:50 PM
Somebody is lying to you or you're just making sh!t up. Sumrall was NEVER getting a job here. It was always going to be Lebby, an offensive guy. The fan base would have never gotten behind a defensive coach after what just happened & Selmon knew it.

I mean you don't have to believe me. I think Sumrall would have been a meh hire. I think Lebby is a shit human who we shouldn't hire. I'm hoping something blows up at the last minute, but there's a reason that Dellenger specifically said details are still being worked out.

Put the puzzle pieces together for yourself and remove me from the equation. People were saying all week Lebby is a smokescreen. Last night Sumrall's name came out of nowhere. Today Sumrall to UK (via Stoops to A&M which would have been leaked as soon as UK started searching) came out of nowhere. Now Lebby's details ain't even ironed out even though it's been worked on for two+ weeks.

That's all from things others have said on here. You don't even need me to say what I said to put that puzzle together.

BankerDog
11-25-2023, 10:51 PM
This right here. Been saying it the whole time. It's not easy to hit a home run hire. Money doesn't fix everything but a lot on here think you just offer Coach x this huge amount and he'll drop everything to come. It's not that easy and am who has more resources than anyone is proof. They missed on a bunch to hire stoops

Rumor was Stoops wanted our job in ?18..

Tater
11-25-2023, 10:52 PM

Doubt he would make up the same exact story as me. Who on this board wants to be in the same breath as me today?

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 10:53 PM

True

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 10:53 PM
Doubt he would make up the same exact story as me. Who on this board wants to be in the same breath as me today?

If true, that's sad.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 10:55 PM

Perfect post. The salaries these days are so much that it makes it tougher. Going from 1 mil to 4 mil changes a lifestyle. Going from 5.5 to 8 isn't changing much. Unless you are goi g to a place you can win it all, or said person is unhappy not many make the move.

LC Dawg
11-25-2023, 10:56 PM
So Kiffen stays at om?

I wonder if Florida let Kiffin know they were getting rid of Napier regardless of the FSU game result and that's why Kiffin to A&M didn't get much traction. I guess we'll find out tomorrow because if Florida is going to dump Napier they'll announce it tomorrow.

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 10:58 PM
I wonder if Florida let Kiffin know they were getting rid of Napier regardless of the FSU game result and that's why Kiffin to A&M didn't get much traction. I guess we'll find out tomorrow because if Florida is going to dump Napier they'll announce it tomorrow.

Jimbo to Ole Miss?

Coach34
11-25-2023, 11:02 PM

actually this is probably 100% if Stoops goes to A&M

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 11:05 PM
If true, that's sad.

Nothing that tater/Rosey post here has one breath of truth to it. He’s pissed that the guy he has decided to hate is getting the gig and he’s building a case against him one post at a time. What a sad pathetic human being.

662dawg
11-25-2023, 11:13 PM
I mean you don't have to believe me. I think Sumrall would have been a meh hire. I think Lebby is a shit human who we shouldn't hire. I'm hoping something blows up at the last minute, but there's a reason that Dellenger specifically said details are still being worked out.

Put the puzzle pieces together for yourself and remove me from the equation. People were saying all week Lebby is a smokescreen. Last night Sumrall's name came out of nowhere. Today Sumrall to UK (via Stoops to A&M which would have been leaked as soon as UK started searching) came out of nowhere. Now Lebby's details ain't even ironed out even though it's been worked on for two+ weeks.

That's all from things others have said on here. You don't even need me to say what I said to put that puzzle together.

I think you're a shit human for being a feminist me too cancel culture liberal but you're info is also terribly wrong or rather likely just made up because you have no idea what you're talking about.

662dawg
11-25-2023, 11:15 PM

What people have been saying Lebby is a smokescreen? I've been telling you Lebby was the guy the whole time & everything else was just a formality because that's exactly what's happened. Stop just making things up.

662dawg
11-25-2023, 11:16 PM
actually this is probably 100% if Stoops goes to A&M

It's not. It's totally made up lmao.

RockyDog
11-25-2023, 11:16 PM
I think you're a shit human for being a feminist me too cancel culture liberal but you're info is also terribly wrong or rather likely just made up because you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yep. He?s a liar.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 11:22 PM

Napier is getting another year. Recruiting has picked up. But he needs to pick it up quickly next year.

confucius say
11-25-2023, 11:25 PM
I'll be shocked if Aggie hires stoops.

SailingDawg
11-25-2023, 11:30 PM
So Kiffen stays at om?

I?ve been wondering all day why Kiffen isn?t the hot name across the board. Too arrogant? Too much baggage?

Irondawg
11-25-2023, 11:33 PM
Stoops could do well at TAMU and probably better than Jimbo but I?m not sure he can get them over the hump.

They could do worse, I?ll say that.

Who knows on Sumrall but there was a lot of smoke there as well. Obviously we didn?t hit on our top choices so we had to choose lower level HC with winning history but maybe a defensive guy or a P5 OC that could excite the offensive side of the ball.

I still think Lebby is a better risk than Fritz, Cignetti, Odom or a few others. I liked Sumrall more than most but did really worry about his offense.

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 11:40 PM
I?ve been wondering all day why Kiffen isn?t the hot name across the board. Too arrogant? Too much baggage?

He’s in a good spot, making 9 mill a year and they love him. He keeps the booster at arms length which is smart, so he’s doing things his way with support. A good situation to be in.

Tater
11-25-2023, 11:44 PM
I'll be shocked if Aggie hires stoops.

News has broke more definitively than ours. But the fanbase and more importantly recruits aren't thrilled. Needless to say, finalized ain't finalized. Bjork might get canned. This is approaching Schiano levels rapidly.

Mjoelner34
11-26-2023, 12:22 AM
I don't tweet and I don't know who this guy is but this was just posted on Texags