PDA

View Full Version : Lebby HC

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 08:19 PM
I know it's been going around for a little bit, hats off to the ones sharing it first but more and more are confirming he will be out new coach.

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 08:22 PM
Great job by Selmon to not over pay. Compare our fire/hire to A&M. We have to be smart and we were.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 08:22 PM
If so.... Let's gooo!!!
Bring a good staff and transfer QB.

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 08:23 PM
I know it's been going around for a little bit, hats off to the ones sharing it first but more and more are confirming he will be out new coach.

That that! Time to get on with it then. Seez ya tater.

KOdawg1
11-25-2023, 08:24 PM
Boom

HoopsDawg
Step 1: announce Lebby
Step 2: hire a great staff including extra off the field staff
Step 3: find a QB in the portal

Time for everyone to pull in the same direction

Really Clark?
Great job by Selmon to not over pay. Compare our fire/hire to A&M. We have to be smart and we were.

Agreed!

BeardoMSU
11-25-2023, 08:25 PM
Good staff, increased NIL, and a good portal haul will make this a HR.

DownwardDawg

Yes. Once the hire has been made, we gotta pull together.

Really Clark?

Absolutely

CadaverDawg
11-25-2023, 08:26 PM
Let's Gooooo

Lebby Time!

DEDawg
Love this so much. Hope this all stands and gets signed tonight

TrapGame
Not a bad hire. I will get behind him 100%. I hope the Durkin as DC rumors are true too.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 08:27 PM
Love this so much. Hope this all stands and gets signed tonight

Yes! He has the offer, just get that LOU signed.

Dawgface
If so.... Let's gooo!!!

Would be awesome if he could bring Arnold but might be too much to ask. I?m sure he will get a good one tho.

DEDawg
Yes! He has the offer, just get that LOU signed.

I can finally log off this damn site and relax lol thanks for all the info. You were on top of it

Saltydog
11-25-2023, 08:28 PM

Except for Tater, I mean Forest.....

Catfish
11-25-2023, 08:29 PM
If so.... Let's gooo!!!

Damn proud of you for getting behind this hire. I know he wasn't your first choice, but you're demonstrating now what we all need to do. Support our new coach and go win some football games. Hail State!!!!

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 08:29 PM
Michigan State AD Alan Haller gets their top choice, hires Jonathan Smith away from Oregon State.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 08:30 PM
Damn proud of you for getting behind this hire. I know he wasn't your first choice, but you're demonstrating now what we all need to do. Support our new coach and go win some football games. Hail State!!!!

Hail State!!! I'll support him just like I have the others. Wasn't my choice but he's my coach now!! Let's roll!

Coach34
11-25-2023, 08:30 PM
Michigan State AD Alan Haller gets their top choice, hires Jonathan Smith away from Oregon State.

Mich State is a better job

PCHSDawg
11-25-2023, 08:32 PM
How pitiful that we have to get excited about hiring Lebby.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 08:32 PM

We all know. We all know man.
Can we have a little entertainment for a minute??

Coach34
11-25-2023, 08:33 PM
We all know. We all know man.
Can we have a little entertainment for a minute??

Edward trying to piss on the hire. While it's not the HC we said we were hiring- I like the hire

Catfish
11-25-2023, 08:34 PM

At my age I get excited if I don't have to pee three times a night. Hail State, where's the bathroom I'm dribbling.

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 08:35 PM
Edward trying to piss on the hire. While it's not the HC we said we were hiring- I like the hire

Edward is a cake eater. He's a mouth breather.

Pancho
11-25-2023, 08:35 PM
let him eat his pissy cake

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 08:36 PM

Come on dude. Go back to sixpack with that

EdwardDrayton

Nothing gets past you Coach. :)

CoachT14
At my age I get excited if I don't have to pee three times a night. Hail State, where's the bathroom I'm dribbling.

Damn blood pressure meds are killing me man. I completely understand.

Maroonthirteen
11-25-2023, 08:38 PM

Oh my!!! The most Mississippi State thought ever.

"By golly, we don't need none dem fancy expensive coaches. We got us a bargain coach."

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 08:40 PM
Edward is a cake eater. He's a mouth breather.

Careful little lamb. The edge of the cliff is near.

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 08:40 PM

"By golly, we don't need none dem fancy expensive coaches. We got us a bargain coach."

Oh boy. What a misinterpretation

bobtail bob
11-25-2023, 08:41 PM
Oh great. The love child of Shane Beamer and Will Muschamp

Coach34

We only have so much money. Not sure where you guys think we all this money stashed. We have one of the lowest football budgets in the SEC

Dawgface

Reality is we're just not that attractive to many good sitting head coaches. A good coordinator is not a bad way to go imo. Hopefully he will have success like Mullen.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 08:42 PM

It's funny you want everyone to pull together now that it's Lebby. Hahah. But I'm with you. We need to.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 08:44 PM
It's funny you want everyone to pull together now that it's Lebby. Hahah. But I'm with you. We need to.

No kidding. Hoops was the guy telling me I was crazy for saying it would be hard for us to get a sitting HC.

Maroonthirteen
11-25-2023, 08:45 PM
Oh boy. What a misinterpretation

Well what exactly are you trying to say?

The Arnett deal was smart. But that deal is done and over. You make the Reference in a thread about the new coach. So did we get another bargain? Or we paying out the nose for a guy with no experience?

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 08:46 PM
No kidding. Hoops was the guy telling me I was crazy for saying it would be hard for us to get a sitting HC.

It wasn't. We could have gotten Sumrall, Fritz, Odom. We decided to get the top OC in the country who runs an exciting, explosive offense who also happens to have SEC and MS experience. How is that not a homerun?

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 08:47 PM

I couldn't have asked people to pull together behind Sumrall.

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 08:48 PM

The Arnett deal was smart. But that deal is done and over. You make the Reference in a thread about the new coach. So did we get another bargain? Or we paying out the nose for a guy with no experience?

We got a bargain chief. Around 4 million first couple of years with a little more in years 3-4.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 08:49 PM
Hey, everyone! The rope is over here, let's jump on and start pulling. If you can't pull, how about finding a sideline from a distance and try not get in the way.

We don't even have a contract signed yet. Goodness

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 08:50 PM

Hahaha. I'm getting there I'm afraid!!

Coach34
11-25-2023, 08:51 PM
It wasn't. We could have gotten Sumrall, Fritz, Odom. We decided to get the top OC in the country who runs an exciting, explosive offense who also happens to have SEC and MS experience. How is that not a homerun?

We said we were targeting a sitting HC and got a coordinator. That's not a HR. Doesnt mean he wont do well at State and be a good hire tho. Your spin right now is ridiculous

It's just like baseball. We were supposed to get a bigtime coach and ended up hiring the ****ing guy from Indiana instead. Same ol shit

Commercecomet24
Well one thing about this, the om people are pissed! It's worth it right now hearing them melt.

HoopsDawg
Hey, everyone! The rope is over here, let's jump on and start pulling. If you can't pull, how about finding a sideline from a distance and try not get in the way.

Haha, it didn't take long for the thread to derail.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 08:52 PM
Well one thing about this, the om people are pissed! It's worth it right now hearing them melt.

Haha. Icing on the cake

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 08:53 PM
We said we were targeting a sitting HC and got a coordinator. That's not a HR. Doesnt mean he wont do well at State and be a good hire tho. Your spin right now is ridiculous

It's just like baseball. We were supposed to get a bigtime coach and ended up hiring the ****ing guy from Indiana instead. Same ol shit
Who is we? Who said this?

HoopsDawg

Ok big guy. Coach34 L's.

Commercecomet24

This, yes!

PCHSDawg
Come on dude. Go back to sixpack with that
This is the same spiel as when Cohen hired Lemonis. If we get a natty then will eat crow but somehow I doubt that happens.

Catfish

What is their forum?

lastmajordog
del

Coach34
11-25-2023, 08:54 PM
I'll also add:

When this process started- not a swinging dick around here said Lebby would be a HR hire. Now? Oh yeahhhhh home runnnnnnn

But hey- aGAIN- I like the hire. Just pointing out our fans and their hilariousness

memsu06
What about our coordinator salaries?

With some of what we're saving on the head coach salary we need to have a sufficient budget to get some of the top coordinators.

https://media.tenor.com/l13_P7EtD3MAAAAC/you-gotta-pump-those-numbers-up.gif

EdwardDrayton

I will get on board and support if that's the way it goes. But let's not shade this as something better than it is. It's not and we can and should do better. Of course as we've said previously, with realignment coming, does it really matter. Probably not.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 08:55 PM
Ok big guy. Coach34 L's.

lmao- we didnt hire a sitting HC did we? Another Dub as usual

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 08:57 PM

Be careful. Be prepared to get grilled for saying as much

Cooterpoot
11-25-2023, 08:58 PM

It made no sense to pay more for Fritz, Sumrall, Odom. By the way, go see what Kiffins contract was year one. Stop being stupid.
Like I said previously, it made no sense not to look at top coordinators when your options were poor and more expensive simply over HC experience. The risk is no more or less but at least you go after the best guy.

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 08:59 PM

Anytime we can get in their heads, it's a win!!

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 09:00 PM
I will get on board and support if that's the way it goes. But let's not shade this as something better than it is. It's not and we can and should do better. Of course as we've said previously, with realignment coming, does it really matter. Probably not.

I get it but the thing is, we can't afford to not get aboard together, good, bad, average...we can't wait anymore. Was he my preferred choice in the beginning, no. Do I have as much of a problem in hiring a P5 coordinator? Absolutely not because they have as high of a rate of success. Did we really want a good sitting HC, if we could? Absolutely but it takes 2 to tango. We didn't need to wait much longer, so here we are with our guy and we need to be much more cohesive as a fan base, even when it's not someone we prefer.

Homedawg
I couldn't have asked people to pull together behind Sumrall.

Which is ironic. My point. So now that you got your guy you say we should pull together. But had sumrall gotten it you wouldn't do the same. Which is bs. But you do you. Fine. I wanted Lebby over sumrall. But the thoughts of not giving a guy a chance is bc. And hard for you to complain if people don't want to get behind Lebby for whatever reason when you were gonna do the EXACT same thing. I'm done talking about that

viverlibre

Concur they are slightly ahead of us. Had Mullen stayed and built something long range, we may have eclipsed them.

Pancho
11-25-2023, 09:01 PM
I get it but the thing is, we can't afford to not get aboard together, good, bad, average...we can't wait anymore. Was he my preferred choice in the beginning, no. Do I have as much of a problem in hiring a P5 coordinator? Absolutely not because they have as high of a rate of success. Did we really want a good sitting HC, if we could? Absolutely but it takes 2 to tango. We didn't need to wait much longer, so here we are with our guy and we need to be much more cohesive as a fan base, even when it's not someone we prefer.

this

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 09:02 PM

Homodawg, that was a reasonable statement by 34 L's. Saying Kansas to MSU is a lateral move is a troll job.

Really Clark?
What about our coordinator salaries?

With some of what we're saving on the head coach salary we need to have a sufficient budget to get some of the top coordinators.

https://media.tenor.com/l13_P7EtD3MAAAAC/you-gotta-pump-those-numbers-up.gif

We are upping our salaries across the board a signdicant amount.

Homedawg
It made no sense to pay more for Fritz, Sumrall, Odom. By the way, go see what Kiffins contract was year one. Stop being stupid.
Like I said previously, it made no sense not to look at top coordinators when your options were poor and more expensive simply over HC experience. The risk is no more or less but at least you go after the best guy.

Yep

Coach34
If the 4.5MM per for Lebby is correct- we did a good job there. Cant complain at all. Leaves good money to hire staff also

MBDawg601
If it is him, I hope it works out, but at what point do we stop taking the cheap coordinator route and hire an actual HC?

After Leach it is hard for me to get excited for someone running their first football program in the SEC. Usually not a good turn out. You get your feet wet in the MW, AAC, CUSA. Not in this meat grinder of a conference.

HoopsDawg
We are upping our salaries across the board a signdicant amount.

This is 100% correct. Much needed commitment. Let's roll.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 09:03 PM
Homodawg, that was a reasonable statement by 34 L's. Saying Kansas to MSU is a lateral move is a troll job.

Considering the Kansas coach wont even consider our job? No. Just no. You're still wrong

bobtail bob
https://i.postimg.cc/Wd8qFWDR/Fat-lebby.webp (https://postimg.cc/Wd8qFWDR)

I refuse to believe so called bullies would hire this

EdwardDrayton

Not trying to be disagreeable but we don't have anybody yet. So there still is that chance ........

Pancho
11-25-2023, 09:04 PM
we all know

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 09:05 PM
If it is him, I hope it works out, but at what point do we stop taking the cheap coordinator route and hire an actual HC?

After Leach it is hard for me to get excited for someone running their first football program in the SEC. Usually not a good turn out. You get your feet wet in the MW, AAC, CUSA. Not in this meat grinder of a conference.

Georgia hasn't hired a sitting head coach but like 1 time in forever. P5 coordinators have a just as good of a track record of succeeding.

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 09:05 PM
Which is ironic. My point. So now that you got your guy you say we should pull together. But had sumrall gotten it you wouldn't do the same. Which is bs. But you do you. Fine. I wanted Lebby over sumrall. But the thoughts of not giving a guy a chance is bc. And hard for you to complain if people don't want to get behind Lebby for whatever reason when you were gonna do the EXACT same thing. I'm done talking about that

Fair. I was being hypocritical bc I thought Sumrall would have been a trash hire. But that was a smokescreen.

Pancho
11-25-2023, 09:06 PM
We should have explored this when Leach passed but Keenum.........

Really Clark?
Not trying to be disagreeable but we don't have anybody yet. So there still is that chance ........

There is always a chance. Lol. But if that chance is gone, I want to see you right beside me pulling.

EdwardDrayton
we all know

No we don't. How many times have we heard this in the last three days.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 09:07 PM
Concur they are slightly ahead of us. Had Mullen stayed and built something long range, we may have eclipsed them.

They've won the big 10 6 times in my lifetime. We haven't won one in my late fathers lifetime. They have been to the playoff. We haven't. It's not slightly. Sorry it's not. I wish it was. But it ain't.

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 09:07 PM
There is always a chance. Lol. But if that chance is gone, I want to see you right beside me pulling.

LOL. You got it my man!!

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 09:08 PM
LOL. You got it my man!!

Great!! We are making progress folks!!

Homedawg
Fair. I was being hypocritical bc I thought Sumrall would have been a trash hire. But that was a smokescreen.

Glad you owned it. I'll respect that..... hope the others opposite of you, who are anti Lebby, will get on board

EdwardDrayton

Keenum ........ sigh

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 09:10 PM
Hahaha. I'm getting there I'm afraid!!

Y'all don't get me started! Those who know me understand this statement!

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 09:12 PM
Georgia hasn't hired a sitting head coach but like 1 time in forever. P5 coordinators have a just as good of a track record of succeeding.

To be fair, Georgia was a sleeping giant with a hell of a lot more resources than us.

We will see how it pans out.

redstickdawg
11-25-2023, 09:12 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Pancho View Post

Keenum ........ sigh

This was a MAJOR set back to our program not having an AD and some one out of their league trying to play AD

Coach34
11-25-2023, 09:13 PM
I'll also point out most here had Fritz ahead of Lebby in the pecking order just 1 short week ago

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 09:14 PM
Consolidate all three major Mississippi universities into one super school campus/stadium and join one of the supergroups to be. Win a National championship.

How's that for outside the box.

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 09:14 PM
We finally have a coach and by god the Missitippy Tate crowd shows poopooing it. Thanks for proving all my theories on our alumni and fan base true.

Pancho
11-25-2023, 09:16 PM
The La Tech QB look good to us now?

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 09:16 PM
Consolidate all three major Mississippi universities into one super school campus/stadium and join one of the supergroups to be. Win a National championship.

How's that for outside the box.

I wish that happened in the 80s and was just how it is now. I'm not sure I could stand to be associated with those pricks if it happened now tho

Op4isabitch
11-25-2023, 09:17 PM
We finally have a coach and by god the Missitippy Tate crowd shows poopooing it. Thanks for proving all my theories on our alumni and fan base true.

You’re a dick BUT I agree with this 1000%.

Mjoelner34
11-25-2023, 09:17 PM
I'll also point out most here had Fritz ahead of Lebby in the pecking order just 1 short week ago

Glad I'm in the minority because I didn't have him, Sumrall, Odom, Judge or Malzhan on my list at all. I had Lebby equal with Mullen and Kinne behind both coaches from Kansas, Chadwell, Herman and Traylor.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 09:19 PM
Oklahoma recruiting analyst reporting we have offered Lebby as well

lastmajordog
11-25-2023, 09:20 PM
Didn?t Rick Cleveland write a column on consolidating the schools and some blank blank lawyers torpedoed this idea that would have created a modern day LSU or Bama..........I may be mistaken but I?m pretty sure he did write about this.

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 09:22 PM
You’re a dick BUT I agree with this 1000%.

Thank you. It’s taken years of hard work and practice to achieve that lofty status.

ZedFedder
11-25-2023, 09:22 PM
You get Lebby, I think you get a solid portal qb.

HancockCountyDog
11-25-2023, 09:23 PM
I really had hoped for a sitting HC, but I'll get on board.

Time to hit the portal and find a QB, OL, DL and LB.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 09:25 PM
I had Lebby equal with Mullen and Kinne behind both coaches from Kansas, Chadwell, Herman and Traylor.

But that's always been my point. We were never going to get any of those guys. And guys like Hoops told me I was crazy or whatever. But now Hoops is acting like we hired Kirby Smart and he is so pumped after saying we were above that

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 09:25 PM
I wish that happened in the 80s and was just how it is now. I'm not sure I could stand to be associated with those pricks if it happened now tho

I'd bet the prospect of a national championship could unify all Mississippians.

CadaverDawg
11-25-2023, 09:26 PM
Now we need a good DC and then hit the portal

Tater

I'm assuming you saw Captain said something. He's known to be less than reliable and works purely on guesswork, I haven't heard anything from reliable OU sources. Doesn't mean smoke from our side isn't there. Just that I haven't heard any smoke from OU side other than him. If it's someone other than Captain, then lmk.

Pancho
durkin come with him?

Pancho
11-25-2023, 09:28 PM
I'm assuming you saw Captain said something. He's known to be less than reliable and works purely on guesswork, I haven't heard anything from reliable OU sources. Doesn't mean smoke from our side isn't there. Just that I haven't heard any smoke from OU side other than him. If it's someone other than Captain, then lmk.

my source in sapulpa says it's Lebby all the way

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 09:28 PM
I really had hoped for a sitting HC, but I'll get on board.

Time to hit the portal and find a QB, OL, DL and LB.

If we can't pull a QB, we're in trouble. Saith Master of the Obvious.

Tough Dawg
11-25-2023, 09:29 PM
Is C34 really in this thread beating his chest on god knows what? Who cares dude? Right now get behind this coach. You look like a miserable 17 right now. Turn the page on whatever you?re hanging on to.

Dawgface
11-25-2023, 09:30 PM

With all the hoopla that we have our coach.......do you think he hasn't given a verbal yes? If it's just an offer with 'ok I'll look at it' well we really don't have a coach. Yet.

Really Clark?

No it's was Kennedy confirming we had

Pancho
34 is all in

Pancho

tater gone hate that. he always in the know*********

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 09:31 PM
With all the hoopla that we have our coach.......do you think he hasn't given a verbal yes? If it's just an offer with 'ok I'll look at it' well we really don't have a coach. Yet.

Oh there is always a possibility until somethings signed. I don't see a guy who is a coordinator who really wanted the job turning it down though.

CadaverDawg
11-25-2023, 09:31 PM
But that's always been my point. We were never going to get any of those guys. And guys like Hoops told me I was crazy or whatever. But now Hoops is acting like we hired Kirby Smart and he is so pumped after saying we were above that

I really don't understand what your point is. So your sole existence in this thread is to have someone say "you were right, we couldn't get a sitting P5 head coach"? You don't know that. Nobody knows who all Selmon talked to or could have possibly gotten for the right price. Maybe we could have gotten some of those guys but we felt Lebby could get similar results or better for less money....you don't know, I don't know, nobody knows....so wth is your point? Do you need a Pat on the back this bad? You and Tater are insufferable with your repetitive "look at me" posts today.

Tater is not in support of Lebby, and you were proven right (in your mind) that we can't get a sitting P5 head coach. Congrats you two! Everyone is giving you a hand! Can we drop that crap now and just get behind the guy we ARE hiring?

Coach34
11-25-2023, 09:32 PM
Is C34 really in this thread beating his chest on god knows what? Who cares dude? Right now get behind this coach. You look like a miserable 17 right now. Turn the page on whatever you?re hanging on to.

Why? because I like the hire and we didnt hire a sitting HC as I said we would have trouble doing? GFY

Tater
11-25-2023, 09:33 PM

Collin's newer but has been very good at vetting before saying. And at this point it's spreading on their end. So yea the offer's in hand.

RockyDog
11-25-2023, 09:33 PM
It?s just hilarious the stupidity of many MSU fans. We had many that wanted the hunchback to come back that now have a problem with a coordinator that is not a sitting HC.

Lebby over some Sun Belt clown is a home run any day.

viverlibre
11-25-2023, 09:34 PM
They've won the big 10 6 times in my lifetime. We haven't won one in my late fathers lifetime. They have been to the playoff. We haven't. It's not slightly. Sorry it's not. I wish it was. But it ain't.

I'm not going back into ancient times. Dantonio had them rolling through 2017, since then, except for one year, they've been middling. Had Mullen stayed we'd won 10 or 11 in 2018 and who knows he probably won at least 8 games/year through the present. We'd certainly be a higher status program had Mullen stayed.

Tater
11-25-2023, 09:35 PM
I really don't understand what your point is. So your sole existence in this thread is to have someone say "you were right, we couldn't get a sitting P5 head coach"? You don't know that. Nobody knows who all Selmon talked to or could have possibly gotten for the right price. Maybe we could have gotten some of those guys but we felt Lebby could get similar results or better for less money....you don't know, I don't know, nobody knows....so wth is your point? Do you need a Pat on the back this bad? You and Tater are insufferable with your repetitive "look at me" posts today.

Tater is not in support of Lebby, and you were proven right (in your mind) that we can't get a sitting P5 head coach. Congrats you two! Everyone is giving you a hand! Can we drop that crap now and just get behind the guy we ARE hiring?

We got left at the altar by Sumrall today. The meeting was a scramble to make the decision on Lebby. Lebby was a smokescreen until he wasn't.

And the thing is it's not breaking that he's our coach because he's weighing his options. He can sign at any time and take it, but he might just leave us hanging too.

Tough Dawg
11-25-2023, 09:35 PM
You don?t know what went on behind closed doors with interviews/negotiations on sitting HCs. Move on.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 09:36 PM

lol- it's always fun when people dont want to hear they were wrong just a week ago.

EdwardDrayton
Bottom line is no one knows definitively if we have someone. So there's no one to support yet.

Mjoelner34

I didn't figure we had a shot at either Kansas coach or Chadwell but a closed mouth never gets fed so we had to try and hope. I figured Herman would jump since he is making $700k so he was who I was really expecting.

CadaverDawg
Lebby may not win big here, but thank God we didn't hire a defensive guy that couldn't recruit a QB and runs a boring offense. We need excitement, we need something that drives butts into seats and money into NIL. If we can get anything close to the offense I saw yesterday in the OU/TCU game, we will achieve that. And at very worst, we will be in MUCH better shape for the next hire. Hopefully that will be a long time though

Maverick91
11-25-2023, 09:38 PM
I'm half witted excited. Pisses me off he coached at Pissville U, I like Tater am very apprehensive about the history with Briles. I have to trust our administration they did their homework and trust the vetting process. Get good coordinators, jump on the recruiting trail and let's move forward.

CadaverDawg
lol- it's always fun when people dont want to hear they were wrong just a week ago.

They weren't proven wrong. And you weren't proven right. But who gives af other than you? Damn man, you are so consumed with attention it's mind blowing. Get over yourself. It's exhausting.

KOdawg1
The constant trolling on here is getting old. Find myself reading here less and less because of it

confucius say
lmao- we didnt hire a sitting HC did we? Another Dub as usual

By our own choice. We have three head coaches begging for our job.

CadaverDawg
11-25-2023, 09:39 PM
We got left at the altar by Sumrall today. The meeting was a scramble to make the decision on Lebby. Lebby was a smokescreen until he wasn't.

And the thing is it's not breaking that he's our coach because he's weighing his options. He can sign at any time and take it, but he might just leave us hanging too.

Yawn. Fake news. We'll never know. Sumrall is not what we need

Coach34
11-25-2023, 09:40 PM
By our own choice. We have three head coaches begging for our job.

ok- but when you tell people the top priority is a sitting HC- you look dumb when it isnt. One of those most of our fanbase had ranked above our apparent choice just 7 days ago

662dawg
11-25-2023, 09:41 PM
I'm pretty sure it was always Lebby. Tried telling people last night. It just made to much sense & I knew if Selmon was making this hire that's who it was going to be. My source was essentially a Senior player on the team & information gathering. I put two & two together days ago. Didn't need an "insider" to see the writing on the wall.

Sumrall was never a serious contender no matter what Steve say's in his "now that it's over" lol. I did fear that Keenum may have stepped in late & overrode Lebby, but even that didn't make sense after I got to thinking about Kendall Briles having an offer in hand last year. If they were willing to hire Briles, Lebby dang sure wasn't going to be turned down.

Elko, Fritz, Chaldwell & Lashlee were also never serious contenders.

Of course Selmon went through the process, but that was always going to happen. You always need a backup plan.

Btw, I got smart with ReallyClark? last night and shouldn't have. I apologize. I really do appreciate guys like him & Homedog among many others on this board, because they are way more knowledgeable about all things MSU than I am & definitely have way more sources.

Now let's go out and get a Portal QB, two O Linemen, a Tight End, a Linebacker, Rush End, a cornerback & two safety's & do whatever it takes to keep Zavion, Creed & Seth Davis & the WR/TE that transferred on last year & play in a NY6 bowl next year 😁

Mjoelner34
11-25-2023, 09:42 PM
ok- but when you tell people the top priority is a sitting HC- you look dumb when it isnt. One of those most of our fanbase had ranked above our apparent choice just 7 days ago

It may look bad but it isn't nearly as bad as what was said before the Lem hire.

Tater
11-25-2023, 09:43 PM
Yawn. Fake news. We'll never know. Sumrall is not what we need

Sumrall is higher floor and lower ceiling. He's exactly the guy we try to hire. He'll fit in well at Kentucky. Stoops at A&M is just weird. Even weirder the timing of it all today.

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 09:44 PM
The constant trolling on here is getting old. Find myself reading here less and less because of it

Truth

CadaverDawg
Sumrall is higher floor and lower ceiling. He's exactly the guy we try to hire. He'll fit in well at Kentucky. Stoops at A&M is just weird. Even weirder the timing of it all today.

No he isn't. We do not need a defensive coach. Sumrall is a dud

Homedawg
I'm not going back into ancient times. Dantonio had them rolling through 2017, since then, except for one year, they've been middling. Had Mullen stayed we'd won 10 or 11 in 2018 and who knows he probably won at least 8 games/year through the present. We'd certainly be a higher status program had Mullen stayed.
That's in the last 45 years. We haven't won one in 80. Should we just count the last ten??20??? Won't like that result either I'm afraid. But we didn't win 10 in 18. We didn't even win 9.

Really Clark?
I'm pretty sure it was always Lebby. Tried telling people last night. It just made to much sense & I knew if Selmon was making this hire that's who it was going to be. My source was essentially a Senior player on the team & information gathering. I put two & two together days ago. Didn't need an "insider" to see the writing on the wall.

Sumrall was never a serious contender no matter what Steve say's in his "now that it's over" lol. I did fear that Keenum may have stepped in late & overrode Lebby, but even that didn't make sense after I got to thinking about Kendall Briles having an offer in hand last year. If they were willing to hire Briles, Lebby dang sure wasn't going to be turned down.

Of course Selmon went through the process, but that was always going to happen. You always need a backup plan.

Btw, I got smart with ReallyClark? last night and shouldn't have. I apologize. I really do appreciate guys like him & Homedog among many others on this board, because they are way more knowledgeable about all things MSU than I am & definitely have way more sources.

Now let's go out and get a Portal QB, two O Linemen, a Tight End, a Linebacker, Rush End, a cornerback & two safety's & do whatever it takes to keep Zavion, Creed & Seth Davis & the WR/TE that transferred on last year & play in a NY6 bowl next year 😁

We're all good buddy! We're all dawgs and just want the best for our university.

662dawg
11-25-2023, 09:45 PM

I would say your source is really bad on this one, but you don't have one, you're just butthurt... Sumrall was never going to be the coach here.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 09:45 PM
It may look bad but it isn't nearly as bad as what was said before the Lem hire.

agree there fo sho

Pancho
11-25-2023, 09:46 PM

some people are just weird

RockyDog
11-25-2023, 09:47 PM

Agreed. With a Sumrall, Odom, whoever I don?t think you have any shot at convincing Creed to stay. With Lebby you have a shot. All you gotta do is show him Drake Stoops and point at his tape. Creed is a much more talented player. Now let?s get a QB that can throw it more than 10 yards downfield!!!

Tater
No he isn't. We do not need a defensive coach. Sumrall is a dud

I didn't say the guy we should hire. I'm saying he fits the MO of what we think works at MSU. He was choice 1. (Well, realistic choice 1.) I think he would suck here too and wouldn't be excited for it.

Edit apologies for unclear wording. Lots of messages hitting the phone right now. People are going nuts over Stoops to A&M apparently not being a joke / raise grab.

Pancho
Does Tater not know that Sumrall wanted to stay and coach Troy in the bowl game? oh, the misinformed

Pancho
11-25-2023, 09:48 PM
lookout Tater, they be comparing you to 34 soon.

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 09:50 PM
I would say your source is really bad on this one, but you don't have one, you're just butthurt... Sumrall was never going to be the coach here.

That one lives in a permanent state of butthurt. I’m beginning to this he is Rosey.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2023, 09:51 PM
Where has it been confirmed

SPMT
11-25-2023, 09:53 PM
Why? because I like the hire and we didnt hire a sitting HC as I said we would have trouble doing? GFY

Most programs do have a problem hiring sitting P5 coaches. Outside of two handfuls that shit isn?t happening. At least not with one you want.

90% of teams hire lower level HC or coordinator. Bama Florida Texas OSU Michigan Oklahoma and a few others like USC LSU and A&M are capable.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 09:55 PM
Most programs do have a problem hiring sitting P5 coaches. Outside of two handfuls that shit isn?t happening. At least not with one you want.

90% of teams hire lower level HC or coordinator. Bama Florida Texas OSU Michigan Oklahoma and a few others like USC LSU and A&M are capable.

absolutely. That's why my problem is with many of our posters during the search not being based in reality

Bdawg
11-25-2023, 09:55 PM

It?s like we are ?playing cards with my 17ing brothers kids or something? on here. Tombstone if you were wondering

662dawg
11-25-2023, 09:56 PM
I like Steve but he's likely gonna write a fantasy post about "other" candidates when it's 100% confirmed to be Lebby simply to get some clicks lol. I can see it coming from miles away.

SPMT
11-25-2023, 09:58 PM
absolutely. That's why my problem is with many of our posters during the search not being based in reality

Right on

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 10:00 PM
I like Steve but he's likely gonna write a fantasy post about "other" candidates when it's 100% confirmed to be Lebby simply to get some clicks lol. I can see it coming from miles away.

That one is no friend of state. His info is trash, and you are dead on about in it got the clicks.

confucius say
11-25-2023, 10:03 PM

Nobody ever said our "top priority," above all else and no matter what, was to hire a sitting HC. Nobody said that. If you can hire a proven P5 one, sure. But if it's Odom and Sumrall and Fritz, lebby upside is higher

ETA: I do agree with you that many of our fans think our job is better than it is.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 10:05 PM

The best part is gonna be when he tells you he knew all along ..... or by whatever day. When Jc left the ad office he got cutout from us. But kudos to him for working the phones to Ad's and agents and whoever. But he didn't get jack from here.

MabenMaroon
11-25-2023, 10:05 PM
Now we need a good DC and then hit the portal

This 110%!

Coach34
11-25-2023, 10:09 PM
Nobody ever said our "top priority," above all else and no matter what, was to hire a sitting HC. Nobody said that. If you can hire a proven P5 one, sure. But if it's Odom and Sumrall and Fritz, lebby upside is higher

Actually they did- all our beat writers, check writers, and message board big mouths said. We gloated about being a Top 20-25 job and we were not going to gamble on a coordinator this time. Stop trying to rewrite history now

viverlibre
11-25-2023, 10:13 PM
That's in the last 45 years. We haven't won one in 80. Should we just count the last ten??20??? Won't like that result either I'm afraid. But we didn't win 10 in 18. We didn't even win 9.

No one cares about what happened 45 years ago. Most don't even care about happened 10 years ago. Mich State hasn't won enough to be considered a power or blue blood.

I think we all realize what happened in 2018, that's why i added, if Dan had stayed, we'd won 10 or 11, we all agree on that. We'd won at least 8 every year since and we'd have a higher status as a program. None of that happened though, Dan left and we hired SloMo and we are where we are now.

confucius say
11-25-2023, 10:14 PM
Actually they did- all our beat writers, check writers, and message board big mouths said. We gloated about being a Top 20-25 job and we were not going to gamble on a coordinator this time. Stop trying to rewrite history now

Please link me where anybody involved in the search said that our number 1 priority above all else was to hire a sitting head coach. Even if a message board big mouth or Paul or Rosey said it (and i didn't see where they did) doesn't matter.

The people gloating about us being a top 20-25 program may have said our number one priority regardless of anything else was to hire a sitting head coach, but they are insane and can't be trusted.

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 10:21 PM

But if we're sporting a tiny one with no chance to satisfy the woman of our dreams, then what's the point. Spend millions, win an Egg Bowl trophy 50% of the time and play postseason in Memphis. Is that why we're in this?!!?

BrunswickDawg
11-25-2023, 10:23 PM
To be fair, Georgia was a sleeping giant with a hell of a lot more resources than us.

We will see how it pans out.

UGA has never been a sleeping giant - they have always been awake. They had three Nattys pre-Kirby. Other than a handful of seasons since WWII have they not been competing for at least SEC if not national titles. But, like the Braves, they tended to always choke from about '85- '20.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 10:26 PM
No one cares about what happened 45 years ago. Most don't even care about happened 10 years ago. Mich State hasn't won enough to be considered a power or blue blood.

I think we all realize what happened in 2018, that's why i added, if Dan had stayed, we'd won 10 or 11, we all agree on that. We'd won at least 8 every year since and we'd have a higher status as a program. None of that happened though, Dan left and we hired SloMo and we are where we are now.

So we go by this year then and that's it?? If 10 doesn't count. Dude. You can't be serious. All I know is the other msu won 10 or more games 7 times since 2010. We've done it once. We aren't similar nationally. Sorry take off the maroon glasses.
Eta I never said blue blood. You said we were close to similar. I'm proving we aren't remotely close to similar. Not even close.
Eta and they hired a guy who left his alma mater to take their job...... we didn't have interest from him, or the two guys at Kansas. But I'll take your word for it, we're similar. SMH.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 10:32 PM
So we go by this year then and that's it?? If 10 doesn't count. Dude. You can't be serious. All I know is the other msu won 10 or more games 7 times since 2010. We've done it once. We aren't similar nationally. Sorry take off the maroon glasses.
Eta I never said blue blood. You said we were close to similar. I'm proving we aren't remotely close to similar. Not even close.
Eta and they hired a guy who left his alma mater to take their job...... we didn't have interest from him, or the two guys at Kansas. But I'll take your word for it, we're similar. SMH.

It's amazing Homedawg how the goalposts move constantly this week.

Suddenly it doesnt matter that we didnt hire a sitting HC which was the standard or that other team's histories dont matter when judging their job value. So bizarre lol

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 10:42 PM
https://x.com/rossdellenger/status/1728619204788543815?s=46

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 10:44 PM
It's amazing Homedawg how the goalposts move constantly this week.

Suddenly it doesnt matter that we didnt hire a sitting HC which was the standard or that other team's histories dont matter when judging their job value. So bizarre lol

I love msu. Sorry Mississippi state. But dang I can see it through the proper color glasses. Jackie taught us we can win. Dan pushed us to higher levels. I hope that can be repeated. But what Dan did here is going to be hard to duplicate. But i hope we do, and I hope I'm here to see it.

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 10:46 PM
I love msu. Sorry Mississippi state. But dang I can see it through the proper color glasses. Jackie taught us we can win. Dan pushed us to higher levels. I hope that can be repeated. But what Dan did here is going to be hard to duplicate. But i hope we do, and I hope I'm here to see it.

It's getting harder to see the path.

Cooterpoot
11-25-2023, 10:48 PM
All this BS doom and gloom while college football is seeing more parity than in many years. Get in the playoff and let'm hang.

KB21
11-25-2023, 10:49 PM
I?m very pleased!

ZedFedder
11-25-2023, 10:50 PM
The ceiling of this hire is very high.

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 10:50 PM

Me too, it’s a hard row to hoe these days.

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 10:52 PM
All this BS doom and gloom while college football is seeing more parity than in many years. Get in the playoff and let'm hang.

Oh Cooter. It's closing time. No more for you.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 10:53 PM
Me too, it’s a hard row to hoe these days.

yep

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 10:53 PM
The ceiling of this hire is very high.

It's a nice hypothetical. And I hope your prognostication is correct.

KB21
11-25-2023, 11:19 PM
Mike Leach ——> Art Briles —-> Jeff Lebby

He’s a part of the tree even if he’s not Air Raid.

RockyDog
11-25-2023, 11:25 PM
Mike Leach ——> Art Briles —-> Jeff Lebby

He’s a part of the tree even if he’s not Air Raid.

So for 4 months you?ve been on here being all Errr Raid till I die and now all of a sudden it?s ok because even though he doesn?t run the system, he?s a branch from the Leach tree due to the fact that his father in law coached under Leach?

I?m all for the Lebby hire but your take makes zero sense.

Joebob
11-25-2023, 11:33 PM
Sure are a lot of OU fans on Twitter saying they're glad that Lebby is gone. Hopefully they're just spoiled.

KOdawg1
11-25-2023, 11:36 PM
Sure are a lot of OU fans on Twitter saying they're glad that Lebby is gone. Hopefully they're just spoiled.

They have the 4th best offense in football.

Yeah, they're spoiled

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 11:39 PM

What's better: Coach34 L's or Strawman34.

Geez man, we got a high potential coach. Relax!!

jimbo352
11-25-2023, 11:45 PM
Lebby can run an offense. There's a reason Kiffin brought him to Ole Miss and trusted him with the O. He went to OU, got Gabriel, and ran a highly efficient O there as well. I'm not sure what he can do as a HC, but I thin he can put an O together to win us many games. Grab an great DC and lets see what happens. I'm not a big fan of hiring OC's with zero HC experience, but at least get a guy who has an offensive philosophy. I'm just a sheetrockero though. I'm no futeball expert/.

KB21
11-25-2023, 11:49 PM
Lebby can run an offense. There's a reason Kiffin brought him to Ole Miss and trusted him with the O. He went to OU, got Gabriel, and ran a highly efficient O there as well. I'm not sure what he can do as a HC, but I thin he can put an O together to win us many games. Grab an great DC and lets see what happens. I'm not a big fan of hiring OC's with zero HC experience, but at least get a guy who has an offensive philosophy. I'm just a sheetrockero though. I'm no futeball expert/.

One thing is for sure. He's not going to come in and ask a former high school coach for advice on how to run a college program.

662dawg
11-25-2023, 11:49 PM
They have the 4th best offense in football.

Yeah, they're spoiled

4th in total offense & 3rd in scoring. They're rebel bearshark fan type dumb.

MrCoachKlein
11-25-2023, 11:50 PM
I'd bet the prospect of a national championship could unify all Mississippians.

We'd have twice as many NCs as bama even counting their fake ones if missippi was setup like LSU

jimbo352
11-25-2023, 11:54 PM
FWIW, Lebby has experience recruiting Mississippi and the rest of the SEC recently. He's not coming in with zero relationships. If he can grab a guy like Durkin(not sure if true), or anyone else with that kind of recent recruiting edge in the south. He can potentially get off the ground running. IT's super important to get off to a hot start. a slow start coming off this year could be a bad thing for us. We need momentum. every little bit we can get.

MrCoachKlein
11-25-2023, 11:54 PM

Mark me down for lebby>sumrall

MrCoachKlein
11-26-2023, 12:14 AM
Next most important things
DC
Tough S&C coach
Transfer qb