PDA

View Full Version : Get Ready

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 05:29 PM
I do not have any inside info on exactly who, although I have a good hunch, but activity at the Bryan Building has CONSIDERABLY picked up in the last 45 minutes. I would expect we start seeing stuff break within the next 24 hours.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 05:30 PM
Who is your hunch?

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 05:31 PM
Who is your hunch?

I am going to die on the Lebby hill, but I have a bad feeling it is Sumrall.

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 05:32 PM
I do not have any inside info on exactly who, although I have a good hunch, but activity at the Bryan Building has CONSIDERABLY picked up in the last 45 minutes. I would expect we start seeing stuff break within the next 24 hours.

Fits the timeline.

DEDawg

17. 17 me. I really hope youre wrong. 17

StarkVegasSteve
17. 17 me. I really hope youre wrong. 17

I do as well my friend.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 05:33 PM

Lol. Selmon going to fire Arnett to hire his older brother.

NeuteredDawg

I hope you are wrong

Really Clark?
Selmon and Keenum were at the volleyball game earlier and meeting search committee. Offer was suppose to go out after that.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 05:34 PM
Selmon and Keenum were at the volleyball game earlier and meeting search committee. Offer was suppose to go out after that.

Who are you leaning towards it being? Please give us some hope

BigDawg81
11-25-2023, 05:36 PM
Damn shame

ZedFedder
11-25-2023, 05:37 PM
Just got word from a good friend that Urban is now on a flight to Starkvegas***

Honestly, I cannot remember a search where there was more speculation and as little certainty. That is a credit to Selmon, and it has made it fun. I am excited!

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 05:37 PM

Oh I think it is in the process of being out right now. There are a bunch of people up there and they all showed up within the last 45 minutes to an hour.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 05:41 PM
Who are you leaning towards it being? Please give us some hope

Everything has been on shut down for 24 hours. Lebby and Sumrall are the finalist of course...I don't expect a surprise but you never know. Lebby was mostly mentioned to me at the end so that's who I'm leaning toward. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Don't like the timing but I didn't want to wait out the day either, too much chaos may happen in 24 hours.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 05:42 PM
Oh I think it is in the process of being out right now. There are a bunch of people up there and they all showed up within the last 45 minutes to an hour.

There you go, probably the committee, offer out, then everyone else coming to get everything ready.

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 05:43 PM
Yeah. I'm not falling for this again. :)

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 05:43 PM
Everything has been on shut down for 24 hours. Lebby and Sumrall are the finalist of course...I don't expect a surprise but you never know. Lebby was mostly mentioned to me at the end so that's who I'm leaning toward. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Don't like the timing but I didn't want to wait out the day either, too much chaos may happen in 24 hours.

Man I am holding out hope you are right. One is a home run, one is a complete disaster imo. Thanks for all the info

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 05:44 PM
There you go, probably the committee, offer out, then everyone else coming to get everything ready.

If it is Sumrall they will not have to worry about a crowd greeting him or at the press conference. So might not be too much to get ready for.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 05:45 PM
Man I am holding out hope you are right. One is a home run, one is a complete disaster imo. Thanks for all the info

Hey, just give what little I know. I wouldn't put a big bet on it, Selmon really like Sumrall but Lebby interviewed well also. What none of know is how good of a plan each had, staff ideas, etc.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 05:46 PM
If it is Sumrall they will not have to worry about a crowd greeting him or at the press conference. So might not be too much to get ready for.

Lol. Well I disagree but understand your thinking.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 05:47 PM

Lol. That stadium will be a ghost town next fall.

Bothrops
11-25-2023, 05:48 PM
Isn't Sumrall a defense guy? If that's the case and we go in that direction this program may never see the light of day again. I mean team discipline does worry me with Lebby a little bit, but at least he's associated with some nationally recognized names that can help him build a team to compete in the NFL Jr. The odds are really stacked against any of them, but especially Sumrall.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 05:48 PM

It will be Maroon Mary and Wade.

Dawgface
11-25-2023, 05:49 PM
Yeah. I'm not falling for this again. :)

I have some bourbon ready just in case. Either to celebrate or drown my sorrows.

Doesn't some dip shat news guy usually break the news first?

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 05:51 PM
Isn't Sumrall a defense guy? If that's the case and we go in that direction this program may never see the light of day again. I mean team discipline does worry me with Lebby a little bit, but at least he's associated with some nationally recognized names that can help him build a team to compete in the NFL Jr. The odds are really stacked against any of them, but especially Sumrall.

Well, there is that. But my biggest concern with Sumrall is him going to Kentucky in a year or two. Even if he agrees to a non-compete I mean- it's just paper and Kentucky would probably just pay it.

We can't keep someone at MSU against their will like we tried to do with Dan Mullen.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 05:51 PM

He is. Sumrall loves ball control, slow offenses. They ran 65 plays per game this year. A whopping 3 more than us for reference.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 05:53 PM
He is. Sumrall loves ball control, slow offenses. They ran 65 plays per game this year. A whopping 3 more than us for reference.

Gotta let the defense rest so they can drink their water and watch the game!**

Quaoarsking
11-25-2023, 05:54 PM
Would Sumrall agree to hire an "exciting" OC in order to get the job, and all agree not to interfere with him?

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 05:55 PM
Sumrall is Zach Arnett with HC experience

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 05:55 PM
Would Sumrall agree to hire an "exciting" OC in order to get the job, and all agree not to interfere with him?

No. He has no connections to an exciting OC hire. His current OC is Joe Craddock, who was the OC for Chad Morris.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 05:56 PM

Doubtful.

CadaverDawg
11-25-2023, 05:56 PM
God help our program if we hire Sumrall. I watched that game vs USM today and you talk about boring. They play disciplined ball for the most part, few penalties....but absolutely nothing that would draw in offensive talent. We will be Vandy in 2 years if we hire that guy

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 05:57 PM
This thread proves why we over history have been bad. Won't even give the guy a chance to get a staff or coach a game. If it's sumerall. It's amazing

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 05:59 PM
God help out program if we hire Sumrall. I watched that game vs USM today and you talk about boring. They play disciplined ball for the most part, few penalties....but absolutely nothing that would draw in offensive talent. We will be Vandy in 2 years if we hire that guy

Yep

Pancho
11-25-2023, 06:00 PM
they're just watching games on TV. If BYU beats Oklahoma State, Lebby will be coaching next week............

Quaoarsking
You have to assume that Selmon would let him know the expectations before offering him the job.

CoachT14
Gotta let the defense rest so they can drink their water and watch the game!**

Just wait till all our good skill guys transfer and our commits go elsewhere

Pancho
11-25-2023, 06:01 PM
Yep

you shoulda been asking God for help this year. chill

Pancho
Just wait till all our good skill guys transfer and our commits go elsewhere

Yea, when Lebby courts Petty and Stonka comes too. chill

Dawgface
This thread proves why we over history have been bad. Won't even give the guy a chance to get a staff or coach a game. If it's sumerall. It's amazing

Very true. Whoever it is I am more than ready to get behind. I just hope they can bring in the players we need.

Turfdawg67

Just as I was getting up to speed, and liking the Lebby hire, it's going to be Sumrall. SMH.

C'mon Chadwell!!

BlackSailsDawg
11-25-2023, 06:03 PM

It's Lebby. He's the only one that can come in now and start to work.

Mjoelner34
11-25-2023, 06:03 PM

Could have made the same post when we hired Leach and it started full force after game 2.

KOdawg1
11-25-2023, 06:04 PM

No, we've been bad over our history because 1) we can't recruit top level talent and 2) have always been stuck near the back of the nation on offense.

Neither of which Sumrall will fix. Hence the mass push against him.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 06:05 PM
Very true. Whoever it is I am more than ready to get behind. I just hope they can bring in the players we need.

Again, I don't know who it is, but from the looks of this, I'm supposed to believe Lebby is a can't miss no chance he loses and sumerall is a for sure loser.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 06:06 PM
No, we've been bad over our history because 1) we can't recruit top level talent and 2) have always been stuck near the back of the nation on offense.

Neither of which Sumrall will fix. Hence the mass push against him.
Agree w original sentence. And not sure how you know he can't and Lebby can. It's purely a guess.
Eta and we are never ever going to be able to recruit top notch talent. Not Across the board. Some here and there. That's all

Commercecomet24
11-25-2023, 06:07 PM
Expect an announcement tomorrow

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 06:07 PM

Haha! This thread is epic. Our fanbase is crazy.

KOdawg1
11-25-2023, 06:08 PM
Agree w original sentence. And not sure how you know he can't and Lebby can. It's purely a guess.
Well Lebby has had a top 10 offense every year since 2017, so I think he gives you a better chance than whoever Sumrall will have run his offense.

And Sumrall recruits in 90-100 range at Troy, which I know it's Troy, but nothing he's done suggests he's a good recruiter

Commercecomet24
11-25-2023, 06:09 PM
Again, I don't know who it is, but from the looks of this, I'm supposed to believe Lebby is a can't miss no chance he loses and sumerall is a for sure loser.

We can be our own worst enemy. Gotta give anyone we hire a chance. Smh

HoopsDawg
Sumrall is Zach Arnett with HC experience

I hope it's Sumrall so I can just check out.

Really Clark?

It's always a crap shoot, no matter who you hire. A lot of Clemson people didn't want Dabo to begin with or after his first few years. Turned out ok for them. A lot of people complaining about Sumrall loved Moorehead when he hired him. You never know

Commercecomet24
11-25-2023, 06:12 PM
Haha! This thread is epic. Our fanbase is crazy.

100%!

Homedawg
Well Lebby has had a top 10 offense every year since 2017, so I think he gives you a better chance than whoever Sumrall will have run his offense.

And Sumrall recruits in 90-100 range at Troy, which I know it's Troy, but nothing he's done suggests he's a good recruiter

And Lebby is going to be a great recruiter?? And you know this how?? You don't. That's all I'm saying and yes sumerall is at Troy. Winning at Troy btw. Yes if given my choice out of the two I'd probably take Lebby. But I wasn't in interviews. And nobody here was. And nobody here knows how it's going to work. Or not. Just give whoever it is a chance for goodness sake.

StarkVegasSteve
Well, hold on. We may have hope.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 06:13 PM

Let it marinate, Steve

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 06:14 PM
Go on

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 06:15 PM
It's always a crap shoot, no matter who you hire. A lot of Clemson people didn't want Dabo to begin with or after his first few years. Turned out ok for them. A lot of people complaining about Sumrall loved Moorehead when he hired him. You never know

If it were so easy and know who could win, Fla and A&M would hire them. Way easier jobs. And they can't please their fanbases either.

Dawgface

Dabo wasn't even a coordinator. Just a position coach which made the hire kind of strange. But it worked out great for them.

LibraryDawg
Hope for?

KOdawg1
11-25-2023, 06:16 PM
And Lebby is going to be a great recruiter?? And you know this how?? You don't. That's all I'm saying and yes sumerall is at Troy. Winning at Troy btw. Yes if given my choice out of the two I'd probably take Lebby. But I wasn't in interviews. And nobody here was. And nobody here knows how it's going to work. Or not. Just give whoever it is a chance for goodness sake.
He's got more connections than Sumrall and would fill a better staff, and therefore would likely recruit better.

Quit screaming at your keyboard man. I'd give Sumrall a chance but that doesn't mean I have to like the hire. Or have to pretend like I think it's a good one

Commercecomet24
11-25-2023, 06:16 PM

We're an instant gratification society now

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Go on

To echo what others have said, the university wants to have an announcement tomorrow with a press conference on Monday. With that line of thinking, I do not believe it could be Jon Sumrall

KOdawg1

Lol

HancockCountyDog
If it is Lebby, we need OSU to beat BYU.

We don’t need to wait a week to have him all the way here.

Catfish
11-25-2023, 06:18 PM

When you're in your 60's you have to be.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 06:20 PM

Lol. That's true I would guess

PMDawg
11-25-2023, 06:21 PM
If it is Lebby, we need OSU to beat BYU.

We don’t need to wait a week to have him all the way here.

And of course a crap BYU team is gonna pull the major upset today. Lol

HancockCountyDog

What is bizarre is that the three best teams we have in the last 15 years were all based on having good defenses.

2010, 2014 and 2018.

We can be a top 15 type team with a good defense and a Mobile QB. It’s easier for us to recruit to that type of team.

That’s why I like Sumrall, but I guess I’m in the minority.

StarkVegasSteve
University plane is out of the hangar being gassed up at George Bryan. Sources: My eyes

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 06:22 PM
He's got more connections than Sumrall and would fill a better staff, and therefore would likely recruit better.

Quit screaming at your keyboard man. I'd give Sumrall a chance but that doesn't mean I have to like the hire. Or have to pretend like I think it's a good one

I'm not the one screaming. It's the entire first and scone page, you included, losing their minds.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 06:22 PM
University plane is on the runway being gassed up at George Bryan. Sources: My eyes

Nice! Sneak on real quick

Commercecomet24
11-25-2023, 06:23 PM

Lol, I'm 59 so im almost there!

Dawgface
11-25-2023, 06:23 PM
University plane is out of the hangar being gassed up at George Bryan. Sources: My eyes

Track it. lol

Dawgface
11-25-2023, 06:24 PM
Lol, I'm 59 so im almost there!

How would you like to be 69 and pushing 70? :(

Commercecomet24
11-25-2023, 06:24 PM
What is bizarre is that the three best teams we have in the last 15 years were all based on having good defenses.

2010, 2014 and 2018.

We can be a top 15 type team with a good defense and a Mobile QB. It’s easier for us to recruit to that type of team.

Yep and ol JWS did too. And honestly I don't care how we win, just that we win.

Msujd164
11-25-2023, 06:25 PM
What airport

KOdawg1
11-25-2023, 06:25 PM
I'm not the one screaming. It's the entire first and scone page, you included, losing their minds.
Not losing my mind at all. I dared to stand up to the great Homedawg, proved you wrong, so now you've got to take shots at me. Which is fine. I can handle it

Mjoelner34
11-25-2023, 06:27 PM

Since the N numbers are blocked on FlightAware, I would say hang out and see which way they turn after takeoff but it's usually around 30 minutes after they pull it out before they take off at the earliest. At least it used to be.

If they climb out and turn NW, Lebby. If they climb out and turn SE, Sumrall.

Commercecomet24
11-25-2023, 06:27 PM
How would you like to be 69 and pushing 70? :(

Man I'll get there soon enough! What they say though it's not the years it's the miles lol

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 06:28 PM

2010, 2014 and 2018.

All 3 of those teams had an offensive coach. I feel like you proved the opposite point. We NEED an offensive head coach because we historically do defense very well here and the path to winning is that + a somewhat (SEC 5-7 scoring) functional offense.

towelliee
11-25-2023, 06:29 PM
Lebby 4 years/ $16-$20 million.
Was told Durkin was mentioned as possible DC.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 06:30 PM
Hell yeah lets go

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 06:30 PM
Since the N numbers are blocked on FlightAware, I would say hang out and see which way they turn after takeoff but it's usually around 30 minutes after they pull it out before they take off at the earliest. At least it used to be.

If they climb out and turn NW, Lebby. If they climb out and turn SE, Sumrall.

Trust me I thought about it but I couldn?t find a good parking vantage point.

Catfish
11-25-2023, 06:32 PM

You gotta get on that plane.

Maverick91
11-25-2023, 06:33 PM

Tail number?

Also I'm calling it. This is all smoke screen for Chadwell to finish his current game. His name is going to be going crazy when Liberty finishes in 5 minutes.

Dawgface
11-25-2023, 06:33 PM

OU ok with him coming for a quick Monday press conference and returning for the Championship game? I would imagine so.

662dawg
11-25-2023, 06:34 PM

I just laughed hard out loud & now my family looking at me all crazy lol

Mjoelner34
11-25-2023, 06:35 PM

I would but I live on the other side of town and I'm lazy. LOL

Catfish
11-25-2023, 06:36 PM
I just laughed hard out loud & now my family looking at me all crazy lol

These are crazy times my man.

LC Dawg
11-25-2023, 06:37 PM

Follow it!**

towelliee
11-25-2023, 06:38 PM
Source wasn?t sure but assumed Lebby would coach Championship game.

Catfish
11-25-2023, 06:38 PM
Follow it!**

Hijack it.

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 06:39 PM

I tried. Something about only Oklahoma people being allowed. Do not know what that was all about.

No BS Dawg
11-25-2023, 06:40 PM

I just choked on my tea reading that! Classic!!

Catfish
11-25-2023, 06:41 PM
I tried. Something about only Oklahoma people being allowed. Do not know what that was all about.

I don't suppose you have a laser on you.

ZedFedder
11-25-2023, 06:42 PM
Towellie has 16 posts. I wouldn?t just bank on that info.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 06:44 PM
Towellie has 16 posts. I wouldn?t just bank on that info.

He posted that we had hired Napier and gave numbers in Jan 2020. May be right this time, just saying

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 06:45 PM
It's Lebby at 4 million per year.

towelliee
11-25-2023, 06:45 PM
Just sharing what I heard. I hope it’s accurate but if I’m wrong I’m wrong lol

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 06:48 PM
Just sharing what I heard. I hope it’s accurate but if I’m wrong I’m wrong lol

You're good, thanks for the info. If you wrong so am I, I said Lebby earlier too.

Maverick91

I remember after 2010 we gave Mullen a 4 year 2.5 million contract and we thought that was crazy good.

Dawgface

:)

Mjoelner34
11-25-2023, 06:56 PM
You're good, thanks for the info. If you wrong so am I, I said Lebby earlier too.

Just sent you a PM about a previous coaching search.

BlackSailsDawg
11-25-2023, 06:59 PM

https://247sports.com/Coach/jeff-lebby-1384/AllTimeRecruits/

Yes, he can recruit.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 07:00 PM
Just sent you a PM about a previous coaching search.

Got it responded! Thanks

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 07:00 PM
https://247sports.com/Coach/jeff-lebby-1384/AllTimeRecruits/

Yes, he can recruit.

Lol. Hope so what you sent me is literally worthless as far as recruiting here, as would it be to any other coach.

Cowbell
11-25-2023, 07:08 PM
Lol. Hope so what you sent me is literally worthless as far as recruiting here, as would it be to any other coach.

This thread is so entertaining - thanks for being a dose of reality

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 07:08 PM
Track it. lol

Hang on to the wing! LOL.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 07:10 PM
Hang on to the wing! LOL.

I gots some duct tape! It'll hold I'm sure!!

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 07:11 PM

I told them I would ride on the jump seat but they still said no.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 07:12 PM

I get what you are saying. But the reality is this is the entertainment business also. Perception is everything. And to do that you have to win and entertain.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 07:13 PM

LOL. Mississippi State IS an engineering school.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 07:14 PM
I told them I would ride on the jump seat but they still said no.

Pricks

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 07:14 PM
LOL. Mississippi State IS an engineering school.

And proud of it!! Lol. Can engineer the shit out of stuff with duct tape and Gorilla Glue

BlackSailsDawg
11-25-2023, 07:17 PM

Lists his top recruits from UCF, Baylor...etc.

dawggoneit
11-25-2023, 07:22 PM
Chunk a Air Tag in the luggage or tape it to the wing.

SPDawgs
11-25-2023, 07:23 PM
Flight landed at golden triangle (Columbus) from New Orleans at 4:00 Fritz it is

MetEdDawg
11-25-2023, 07:23 PM

JaMychal Hasty. 93 overall on 24/7 he got committed to Baylor. Currently in his 4th year with the Patriots.

24/7 wont have a lot from his time at Baylor and UCF because they weren't nearly as big 5+ years ago. The data of assigning players to coaches for recruiting purposes doesn't go back that far from what I can tell.

But needless to say the guy can recruit.

PMDawg
11-25-2023, 07:25 PM
I'm not really on the Lebby train, but if it's really him or Sumrall, then please let it be Lebby. I'm not sure Sumrall would be in my top 50. I'd rather take an absolute flyer on Kinne or similar.

Maverick91
11-25-2023, 07:28 PM
And proud of it!! Lol. Can engineer the shit out of stuff with duct tape and Gorilla Glue

Don't forget WD-40

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 07:29 PM

I can list Charles huffs to at penn st and bama. Wtf did he do here??? Look I like Lebby. But what he did any where else is useless here. ESP as an assistant.
Eta dak and Chris Jones were both john hevesy finds and would be listed under him. (I know that w Chris he had DL help at the end but still by network should be his) was he a good recruiter???

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 07:29 PM
Flight landed at golden triangle (Columbus) from New Orleans at 4:00 Fritz it is

Hahah.

Maverick91
11-25-2023, 07:30 PM
Chunk a Air Tag in the luggage or tape it to the wing.

Hahaha. That's genius

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 07:34 PM
Aight, Lebby officially not coaching next weekend now. Lets wrap this up

RockyDog
11-25-2023, 07:36 PM
Come on home, Lebby!!

BlackSailsDawg
11-25-2023, 07:37 PM
Aight, Lebby officially not coaching next weekend now. Lets wrap this up

That's right. OU out of the championship game. Hellofa game too

Dawgface
11-25-2023, 07:37 PM
OU won't be playing in the B12 Championship game now so no reason not to come and stay for a while.

HancockCountyDog
11-25-2023, 07:40 PM
OU won't be playing in the B12 Championship game now so no reason not to come and stay for a while.

I would expect an announcement in the next 24 hours.

If not, then it?s not Lebby.

Maverick91
11-25-2023, 07:45 PM
I would expect an announcement in the next 24 hours.

If not, then it?s not Lebby.

Stuff should start to break tonight then

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 07:54 PM
Stuff should start to break tonight then

From what I have heard from folks, and what has been reported by our media guys, we plan to have a press conference on Monday. I would imagine stuff starts breaking within the next hour or so with an official announcement tomorrow.

And I will say this, Zac Selmon has kept his cards extremely close this search.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 07:56 PM
From what I have heard from folks, and what has been reported by our media guys, we plan to have a press conference on Monday. I would imagine stuff starts breaking within the next hour or so with an official announcement tomorrow.

And I will say this, Zac Selmon has kept his cards extremely close this search.

I respect that he did this. I like him for this at least. Hopefully it's a home run hire also.

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 07:59 PM
I respect that he did this. I like him for this at least. Hopefully it's a home run hire also.

I respect him because he ran the search a lot like Byrne. He has not let A LOT of stuff play out in the media to give a perception that we are being turned down left and right, which I have no reason to believe we are but a certain former AD had a problem with running his mouth that led to that problem.

BlackSailsDawg
11-25-2023, 08:01 PM
I respect him because he ran the search a lot like Byrne. He has not let A LOT of stuff play out in the media to give a perception that we are being turned down left and right, which I have no reason to believe we are but a certain former AD had a problem with running his mouth that led to that problem.

You got one job SVS.. ok 2 (weather), but the main one is tracking the plane sir!

Cooterpoot
11-25-2023, 08:20 PM
B O O M

StarkVegasSteve
11-25-2023, 08:20 PM
Lebby

KOdawg1
11-25-2023, 08:22 PM
We got him