PDA

View Full Version : Interviews

preachermatt83
11-25-2023, 03:58 PM
I genuinely think no one has been offered the job yet. I think we are still in the interview process. I think Chadwell is still very much in play.

TrapGame
11-25-2023, 04:02 PM
Something's going on. It if was truly Lebby why are we waiting? He's an OC for crying out loud. You announce you're leaving then you leave.

mparkerfd20
11-25-2023, 04:03 PM
Agreed. I want Lebby if not Chadwell, but the longer we wait the more it looks like Chadwell is still very much in play.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 04:03 PM
Something's going on. It if was truly Lebby why are we waiting? He's an OC for crying out loud. You announce you're leaving then you leave.

Yep. I posted something similar to this at 9:30 last night. He should have been on his way by then.

DLGDawg
11-25-2023, 04:06 PM
Agreed. I want Lebby if not Chadwell, but the longer we wait the more it looks like Chadwell is still very much in play.

Someone contact Farmdog!!!!!!!!

Commercecomet24
11-25-2023, 04:08 PM
Nothings a done deal yet.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 04:10 PM
Well the stuff yesterday about Lebby was a done deal, $24 MIL and would be flying in last night all came from a speculative post from Neal McCready.

We have to decide who we will give the offer too. I would like that to go ahead and be done with it. The TAM interest in Stoops is real. I don't buy he will get it necessarily, it's reported they are conflicted about it internally. But I don't want to wait it out. If any of our top guys are wanting to wait it out, go to the one that wants it now if we can get the LOU signed.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 04:11 PM

Whats the latest you are hearing?

CoachT14
I?m pretty sure we were about to offer Lebby. Then Sumrall?s agent talked him out of the Kentucky Clause when it started leaking about Lebby. Now we are waiting on Sumrall to talk more and unfortunately I think we are going to offer him the job. Lot of Poor Ols with money are in love with him.

Coursesuper

We having to wait out the A$M hire? Seems to be falling that way.

preachermatt83
11-25-2023, 04:15 PM
If we hire sumrall we are ignorant. I just don’t see it happening. I think it’s possible Chadwell or Elko or another bigger name is still in play. Just my opinion.

DLGDawg
11-25-2023, 04:16 PM
I?m pretty sure we were about to offer Lebby. Then Sumrall?s agent talked him out of the Kentucky Clause when it started leaking about Lebby. Now we are waiting on Sumrall to talk more and unfortunately I think we are going to offer him the job. Lot of Poor Ols with money are in love with him.

But now with Stoops being mentioned for aTm, wouldn't Sumrall ABSOLUTELY wait that out ?????

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 04:17 PM

If he really wants the Kentucky job I don't know why he would take ours. Especially with Stoops actively looking to move. What's his worst case scenario? 1-2 more years at Troy?

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 04:18 PM
If we hire sumrall we are ignorant. I just don’t see it happening. I think it’s possible Chadwell or Elko or another bigger name is still in play. Just my opinion.

I just don't think Chadwell wants to be here. If the rumor I heard was true.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 04:18 PM

That's what they are saying on other boards too.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 04:19 PM
But now with Stoops being mentioned for aTm, wouldn't Sumrall ABSOLUTELY wait that out ?????

Probably. We better hope that?s the case. I worry we will wait on him.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 04:20 PM
Well the stuff yesterday about Lebby was a done deal, $24 MIL and would be flying in last night all came from a speculative post from Neal McCready.

We have to decide who we will give the offer too. I would like that to go ahead and be done with it. The TAM interest in Stoops is real. I don't buy he will get it necessarily, it's reported they are conflicted about it internally. But I don't want to wait it out. If any of our top guys are wanting to wait it out, go to the one that wants it now if we can get the LOU signed.

With hiring people more often than not you are going to be better off with the candidate that wants to be with you the most.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 04:22 PM
If he really wants the Kentucky job I don't know why he would take ours. Especially with Stoops actively looking to move. What's his worst case scenario? 1-2 more years at Troy?

That?s been the issue all along. We have people that really are enamored with him that have been pushing. Supposedly he killed the interview. But I also think Selmon realizes he?s a dud perception wise. It?ll be interesting to see if it all shakes out. Cause I know he was insistent on the clause not being in the contract early. He would leave us for Kentucky in a heart beat.

I also think he thinks that he can parlay a year here into looking better for Kentucky if Stoops weren?t to leave this year.

FISHDAWG
11-25-2023, 04:22 PM
We having to wait out the A$M hire? Seems to be falling that way.

Heard some commentators speculating Mark Stoops to aTm ... I like Stoops and understand he's done a good job but just found that surprising

ETA ... never mind about the Stoops thing .... I'm late to the dance as usual

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 04:23 PM
With hiring people more often than not you are going to be better off with the candidate that wants to be with you the most.

I agree. That's what I would do. Honestly there are not that many options I would wait it out for right now. Unless they are ranked really high to Selmon over others.

TrapGame
11-25-2023, 04:26 PM
Mark Stoops to A&M is CRAZY. I thought we'd have trouble pulling Leipold or Kleiman but they'd fall over themselves to get the A&M job. They are far better coaches than Mark Stoops.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 04:29 PM
Mark Stoops to A&M is CRAZY. I thought we'd have trouble pulling Leipold or Kleiman but they'd fall over themselves to get the A&M job. They are far better coaches than Mark Stoops.

I think he could work well there. A&M needs the exact opposite type of coach we do. Someone who is boring, can get the best out of top 5 classes, and wins ugly games 20 to 17

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 04:31 PM

Agree with all points

mo7888
11-25-2023, 04:33 PM

I agree with that line of thinking..

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 04:34 PM
I think he could work well there. A&M needs the exact opposite type of coach we do. Someone who is boring, can get the best out of top 5 classes, and wins ugly games 20 to 17

I agree

MetEdDawg
11-25-2023, 04:34 PM
If I had to guess, Elko is waiting to make a decision on us because he's seriously in play at Texas A&M. So we may have to wait on that until it's finalized.

If it were Lebby we would be done and it would be announced already I think.

Chadwell is also currently playing, so if it were him we would likely wait until tomorrow or Monday.

My guess is if nothing drops today then we are still discussing with either Elko or Chadwell. My guess would be Elko.

TrapGame
11-25-2023, 04:36 PM
To me it looks like we are waiting on Elko to be offered the A&M job. If not, then he takes our offer.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 04:46 PM
Pretty sure Elko has been told he will not be offered the TAM job. They are looking to make a hire this weekend too, according to reports out.

BuckyIsAB****
11-25-2023, 04:49 PM
Everything and everybody who knows said Lebby yesterday. But if it was, it would already be announced. Something is up

civildawg
11-25-2023, 04:49 PM
Do you like elko more than Lebby? I did initially but Lebby's offense is intriguing to me

TrapGame
11-25-2023, 04:53 PM
Do you like elko more than Lebby? I did initially but Lebby's offense is intriguing to me

Thanks to CoachT14 I've changed my opinion on Lebby. We could do a lot worse than him.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 04:55 PM

My heart likes Lebby more. That offense is legit.

But head says it?s impossible to pass up Elko if he?s interested. He?s also not a normal defensive HC. He likes good offense. He?s a little slow for me. But he hired Johns. And Johns is really good.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 04:55 PM
Thanks to CoachT14 I've changed my opinion on Lebby. We could do a lot worse than him.

I do what I can.

Cowbell
11-25-2023, 04:57 PM
Everything and everybody who knows said Lebby yesterday. But if it was, it would already be announced. Something is up

No -Lebbys name was leaked for other reasons

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 04:57 PM

Thanks to CoachT14, I researched Lebby and think he would do a good job. Also thanks to T14, I hope we hire anyone other than Lebby just to piss him off. Haha!!

BigDawg81
11-25-2023, 05:01 PM
I kinda agree that there could be a 3rd candidate. If you are down to Sumrall and Lebby, what is the hold up? Lebby is an OC, OC just says I?m leaving and he is out. Sumrall has 2 games left but it?s the Sunbelt

Turfdawg67
11-25-2023, 05:03 PM
Lol... Lebby waiting on a better offer.***

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 05:03 PM

Not sure who you were asking but if you have a choice, you have to go Elko. P5 HC, good defensive coach who has a good offense too.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 05:05 PM
Thanks to CoachT14, I researched Lebby and think he would do a good job. Also thanks to T14, I hope we hire anyone other than Lebby just to piss him off. Haha!!

As long as we don?t hire Sumrall, Fritz or Odom I think I?m good lol.

I?m a huge Chadwell fan. But that seems unlikely.

smootness
11-25-2023, 05:05 PM

Yeah, something is up, like nobody knows anything.

mo7888
11-25-2023, 05:06 PM

Lol

Mjoelner34
11-25-2023, 05:07 PM
As long as we don?t hire Sumrall, Fritz, Judge or Odom I think I?m good lol.

Same.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 05:10 PM
Same.

Good add. Lol

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 05:13 PM

I would love Chadwell then Elko. I don't know much about Candle.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 05:14 PM

I?d rather take the chance on Candle than those other guys. He?s a winner with a great offense.

parabrave
11-25-2023, 05:19 PM
Heard some commentators speculating Mark Stoops to aTm ... I like Stoops and understand he's done a good job but just found that surprising

ETA ... never mind about the Stoops thing .... I'm late to the dance as usual

Why would TAM hire Mark Stoops? If they do that they just should've kept Jimbo and saved 75.

Maroonthirteen
11-25-2023, 05:24 PM
Man, sec fans are so delusional.

Mark Stoops is a damn good coach. However regardless of what anyone thinks of him, when you are perennial 5-8 win program and fire a guy for winning about 8 games a year, you won't get much interest. Unless you offer even stupider money than you offered the previous coach. So ATM isn't pulling another sitting HC with a Natty. They will have to pay north of $10m to get anyone, with P5 HC experience, to take that dead end job.

DLGDawg
11-25-2023, 05:28 PM

Right there with ya. Hopefully Farmdog was correct from the get go

FISHDAWG
11-25-2023, 05:31 PM
Why would TAM hire Mark Stoops? If they do that they just should've kept Jimbo and saved 75.

I guess this is why they call it the silly season

Turfdawg67
11-25-2023, 05:49 PM

Yes!