PDA

View Full Version : NEW MSU HC should check these boxes for the modern era of CFB

woof
11-25-2023, 01:28 PM
Like I have mentioned many times, the ingredients/requirements for a HC at MSU is a little different than other schools. Most MSU fans on here, don't understand what it takes to WIN at MSU:

1. BRANDING: Fix the damn logo, jerseys & helmets (I know the old heads will blast me). WE MUST buy out or rent out or do whatever it takes to fix this branding mistake. WE HAVE TO look good, look professional: Maroon Helmet, Interlocking MSU Logo as our #1 branding selling helmet and bring back the maroon & white '98-2001 color scheme jerseys as our PERMANANT uni's. For football: Get rid of the white helmet, get rid of the "STATE" cursive script, get rid of the MS State banner logo, these look Sun Belt level & amateur. The Younger MSU Alums like to stack up against the competition, like to measure up, if you don't look good, then we won't support it. You have to look good on X, IG, tiktok, FBK. Again, you old heads will think this is stupid, but I'm telling you: THIS IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARD CHANGING MSU FOOTBALL = LOOK GOOD, PLAY GOOD, BRING IN THE LIKES ON SOCIAL MEDIA to sell/brand your identity. This will bring MONEY into our Budget. This will increase season ticket sales, NIL funds, social media likes and positively increase our current lack of funds at MSU. LOOK GOOD & PROFESSIONAL = MORE MONEY AT MSU.

2. YOUNG COACH - We need a younger coach who already has & uses all social media platforms on a daily basis (like all of us) and doesn't have to be taught how to use them. In short be smart & plugged into technology. Be mindful of trends in recruiting, transfer portal, NIL. Be able to engage with MSU fans & players on social media. The younger generation likes this and the old/stubborn heads won't understand this or think its stupid or will say its over-hyped. IF MSU WANTS TO MOVE INTO THE MODERN ERA, we have to do this and get out of the negativity of the old heads experiences at MSU. The Younger MSU Alumni don't place limits on MSU Athletics the way you do, they think we can win a national championship with the right ingredients, mindset and coach. This has a tangible/bottom line increase of more money, more social media likes, more NIL funds and attractive to potential recruits.

3. PUBLIC SPEAKER & MARKETER - We need a smart HC who understands marketing. Someone who is charismatic Infront of the camera or podium. Someone who sounds professional, positive and confident. Minus Jackie, Mullen, Leach - all of other football coaches have been meat-head, Forrest Gumpers and good ole boys who make the Younger MSU Alumni embarrassed when they speak in public. Use our WOM BB HC Sam Purcell as an example. He is smart, charismatic, confident, knowledgeable about WOM. BB, engages with fans on social media and likes to market his program to MSU, Starkville and entire state of MS communities. He is also funny but serious about winning - a perfect combination coach. This has a tangible/bottom line increase of more money, more social media likes, more NIL funds and attractive to potential recruits. We need our football version of Sam Purcell.

4. TRANSFER PORTAL & NIL - Another reason for a younger coach is we need someone who has worked in the modern era of CFB since 2020 pandemic and has seen all of this evolve, knows how to make adjustments/changes/ and knows how to gain advantages in the current system of CFB. We need a coach who provides the fans results in recruiting good-great players and shows them the real data of where their money is going and not hide it from the fans/boosters/Alumni. A coach who continues to bang the drum for NIL/The Bulldog Initiative, provides us with updates and allows the fans engagement with where the money is going. A coach who is open minded enough to allow his program to be open and transparent with the fans.

5. OFFENSIVE MINDED - We need a coach who is Offensive minded, track record of scoring points in the RED ZONE and not scared to go for it on 4th down. A coach who runs a high-tempo, hurry up offense is needed at MSU. We need to market and sell our Offense to every 3/4 star MS HS QB, WR, RB, TE and to the SEC regional footprint as well. We need a coach who offers every 3 & 4 Star QB, WR, RB, TE. It doesn't matter if we get them, just offer them and continue to do this until we erase the old/traditional/conservative MSU recruiting habits of former coaches. WE HAVE TO HAVE AN OFFENSE THATS SCALES SO WE CAN SELL & MARKET OUR OFFENSE TO RECRUITS IN THIS MODERN ERA. WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE TRAJECTORY OF MSU FOOTBALL so we can actually shoot for the CFB 12 team playoff.

msumudcat
11-25-2023, 01:46 PM
Really good post. Agree 100%

MafiaDawg
11-25-2023, 01:53 PM
The new Jerseys are absolutely horrible. They lack something. Maybe it?s shoulder numbers. And burn the maroon pants.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 02:02 PM
Everything here is spot on.

woof
11-25-2023, 02:24 PM
The new Jerseys are absolutely horrible. They lack something. Maybe it?s shoulder numbers. And burn the maroon pants.

I would burn the whole damn thing. I don't want to wear anything from '23 Arnett season or from the JoMo era or from the Croom era. All of that is SUPER BAD karma, bad juju. Go back to catching the good vibes of '98 Jackie years. Go back to Maroon Helmet, go back to MSU Interlocking Logo, go back to '98 Uniforms and NEVER EVER change them again. Go back to a winning identity, go back to good juju. WE LOOKED so awesome back then. I've even had other students, fans, even the reasonable/non-douche fans from om say, "what happened to your old helmet/uniform combos, yall looked so good in them." If our competition can see it, why in the hell does our own damn administration not see it?

redstickdawg
11-25-2023, 02:33 PM
I would burn the whole damn thing. I don't want to wear anything from '23 Arnett season or from the JoMo era or from the Croom era. All of that is SUPER BAD karma, bad juju. Go back to catching the good vibes of '98 Jackie years. Go back to Maroon Helmet, go back to MSU Interlocking Logo, go back to '98 Uniforms and NEVER EVER change them again. Go back to a winning identity, go back to good juju. WE LOOKED so awesome back then. I've even had other students, fans, even the reasonable/non-douche fans from om say, "what happened to your old helmet/uniform combos, yall looked so good in them." If our competition can see it, why in the hell does our own damn administration not see it?

Agree the teams that are consistent winners do not change uniforms every week like we stupidly do, stick with the popular tired and true interlocking MSU. Fire anyone that suggests white helmets. I agree on the social media aspect, have to sell the program and University.

R2Dawg
11-25-2023, 02:39 PM
I'd add I think we need an O that utilizes a running and throwing QB. The extra threat at QB levels the playing field a lot when you are playing teams with greater talent. We will never get there without leveraging all we can to offset talent, etc.

DawgFromOxford
11-25-2023, 02:41 PM
I can get behind all of this but ultimately winning cures all. None of this matters if the next guy doesn?t win.

I?m apparently in the minority but I like the white helmets and the script State. Also a big fan of the interlocking MSU as well. So I?m good either way (I toe the line of millennial and gen Z for age reference).

R2Dawg
11-25-2023, 02:41 PM

Agree on this. When I see white helmets I get sick to my stomach with Croom suck flashbacks.

RocketDawg
11-25-2023, 06:48 PM
Agree on this. When I see white helmets I get sick to my stomach with Croom suck flashbacks.

I don't mind white helmets all that much (white might be better for night games). But I don't like the cursive "State" and I don't like all maroon uniforms. At least we did one thing right this year in the fashion department, best I remember: We never had black uniforms, and that's a huge plus.