PDA

View Full Version : Lebby HC+Kendall Briles OC+Aranda DC = 10 wins for MSU future 12 playoffs

woof
11-25-2023, 10:59 AM
I'm warming up to the idea of Lebby for HC.

But since he is a first time HC, he would need someone like Aranda as his DC (if Aranda is let go by Baylor). Somone he can rely on for the HC experience req. for the job.

He would also need someone like Kendall Briles to be his OC so he can concentrate on managing an entire FB program in the SEC and not just the offense.

We need an offensive minded up tempo high energy offense to give us a better chance at a shot in the CFB 12 team playoffs. Lebby's (or Lebby + K Briles) style offense gives us that shot.

However, we can't neglect defense and our tough/physical identity as a program. We MUST maintain this mindset with someone like Aranda as DC who is beneficial in that, he is a great defensive mind + he has been a HC. He can support Lebby and allow Lebby to lean on him for the entire program building duties req. of an HC.

Another benefit to Lebby is, he's young, energetic, charismatic with recruits & can sell MSU FB to the media/recruits with confidence & positive attitude (not woe is me little msu mentality) and engage with the fans on social media (X, IG, tiktok, FBK). If we hire an old head coach, I'm afraid they don't understand the importance of selling a FB program to the public/social media/fans/recruits. Also, younger coaches like Lebby who have worked in the modern era of CFB since 2020, understand the inner workings of the transfer portal, recruiting and NIL.

WinningIsRelentless
11-25-2023, 11:14 AM
Do you honestly think lebby or briles would give up play calling?

Coach34
11-25-2023, 11:16 AM
Do you honestly think lebby or briles would give up play calling?

I can answer this- **** no

Coach34
11-25-2023, 11:17 AM
And if we somehow hired Aranda- which I dont think is possible- it would be for 1 year only. He'll have multiple coaches calling him minutes after he is fired

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 11:20 AM

But since he is a first time HC, he would need someone like Aranda as his DC (if Aranda is let go by Baylor) and someone to lean on for HC experience.

He would also need someone like Kendall Briles to be his OC so he can concentrate on managing an entire FB program in the SEC.

We need an offensive minded up tempo high energy offense to give us a better chance at a shot in the CFB 12 team playoffs. Lebby's style offense gives us that shot.

However, we can't neglect defense and our tough/physical identity as a program. We MUST maintain this mindset with someone like Aranda as DC who is beneficial in that, he is a great defensive mind + he has been a HC. He can support Lebby and allow Lebby to lean on him for the entire program building duties req. of an HC.

Another benefit to Lebby is, he's young, energetic, charismatic with recruits & can sell MSU FB to the media/recruits with confidence & positive attitude (not woe is me little msu mentality) and engage with the fans on social media (X, IG, tiktok, FBK). If we hire an old head coach, I'm afraid they don't understand the importance of selling a FB program to the public/social media/fans/recruits. Also, younger coaches like Lebby who have worked in the modern era of CFB since 2020, understand the inner workings of the transfer portal, recruiting and NIL.

Hey, barkeep, I’ll have what he is drinking.

BlackSailsDawg
11-25-2023, 11:23 AM

But since he is a first time HC, he would need someone like Aranda as his DC (if Aranda is let go by Baylor). Somone he can rely on for the HC experience req. for the job.

He would also need someone like Kendall Briles to be his OC so he can concentrate on managing an entire FB program in the SEC and not just the offense.

We need an offensive minded up tempo high energy offense to give us a better chance at a shot in the CFB 12 team playoffs. Lebby's style offense gives us that shot.

There is no advantage to having Briles on staff. Let's examine that. He hires his brother in law and he does a crap job. He's going to have to fire him and his wife steps in.. "but that's my brother!".

The word I'm hearing is Littrell is interested in becoming his OC at MSU.

Quaoarsking
11-25-2023, 11:23 AM
Is there a connection between Lebby and Aranda that makes him a likely choice, or are we just making up a fantasy staff?

confucius say
11-25-2023, 11:26 AM
And if we somehow hired Aranda- which I dont think is possible- it would be for 1 year only. He'll have multiple coaches calling him minutes after he is fired

True. But only so many could pay him 3 million and we can easily. Would we? Probably not.
But lebby for 4 and aranda for 3 we could do easily.

CadaverDawg
11-25-2023, 11:29 AM

That would be totally fine.

We should continue trying to hire coaches that are good enough to be wanted. If we don't, we are failing. The goal should be trying to pay up to see if we can keep great coaches from being stolen....not avoiding hiring great coaches

woof
11-25-2023, 11:29 AM
Is there a connection between Lebby and Aranda that makes him a likely choice, or are we just making up a fantasy staff?

per Wikipedia: "In 2000, Aranda enrolled in graduate school at Texas Tech University and served as a graduate assistant for Texas Tech Red Raiders football from 2000 to 2002 under Mike Leach.[6]"

"In 2007, Aranda was defensive coordinator and secondary coach for Delta State.[6]"

Mike Leach connection and worked in MS connection: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Aranda

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 11:32 AM
per Wikipedia: "In 2000, Aranda enrolled in graduate school at Texas Tech University and served as a graduate assistant for Texas Tech Red Raiders football from 2000 to 2002 under Mike Leach.[6]"

"In 2007, Aranda was defensive coordinator and secondary coach for Delta State.[6]"

Mike Leach connection and worked in MS connection: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Aranda

He's talking about a Lebby connection

Quaoarsking
11-25-2023, 11:32 AM

So no connection to Lebby?

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 11:34 AM

Why would we fire him after 1 season? You think he sucks that bad?

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 11:37 AM
Hey, barkeep, I’ll have what he is drinking.

Hey buddy, need to clean out your inbox

Coach34
11-25-2023, 11:40 AM

I'm saying Aranda would only be at State for 1 season. He is too good of a defensive coach. a Blue Blood will hire him away immediately like they do our other DC's

smootness
11-25-2023, 12:01 PM
Why would a connection to Leach matter for Aranda? No way in the world we could get him as DC. He will either be a HC or DC at a place like Bama/OSU.

War Machine Dawg
11-25-2023, 12:29 PM

We need an offensive minded up tempo high energy offense to give us a better chance at a shot in the CFB 12 team playoffs. Lebby's (or Lebby + K Briles) style offense gives us that shot.

Physicality is a result of two things:
1) Emphasis from the Head Coach and the way he structures and runs practices. He sets the tone.

2) The S&C coach and staff. You show me a program's S&C staff and how they push players, I'll tell you how physical that team is going to be. More than anyone, toughness and physicality within a program is developed by the S&C staff. Remember how high a priority Mullen made his S&C coach? His teams were never soft. Our run from 97-00 under JWS was a direct result of The Kang's S&C guy.

All that said, it's partially the players you recruit and how hard they're willing to work, too. We didn't make huge S&C changes after 2000, but the players from 01-03 were such turds it just didn't really matter.

PGHBulldogBG
11-25-2023, 12:56 PM
Why would Baylor fire Aranda for just one bad year. He just won the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago and I think won 7 or 8 games last year. That seems a bit premature

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 01:08 PM
Hey buddy, need to clean out your inbox

Done

woof
11-25-2023, 01:38 PM

Per wikipedia - Aranda has only 1 good winning season ('21) at Baylor:

2020 = 2-7
2021 = 12-2
2022 = 6-7
currently 2023 = 3-8
He is currently 23-23 in 4 years at Baylor.

bobcat91
11-25-2023, 01:41 PM
Lebby would more likely hire Durkin.