PDA

View Full Version : Whoever it ends up being

preachermatt83
11-25-2023, 10:56 AM
Let?s all get behind him, support the NIL initiative, and understand no matter who it is, this is easily a 2-3 year rebuild.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 10:57 AM
Let?s all get behind him, support the NIL initiative, and understand no matter who it is, this is easily a 2-3 year rebuild.

Nah. I?m good. I?m out if we hire Sumrall. I?m not watching that dumpster fire happen

sandjunky
11-25-2023, 10:58 AM

As long as it?s not a defensive coach sure

civildawg
11-25-2023, 10:58 AM

Even elko? Elko would be a home run

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 11:01 AM
Even elko? Elko would be a home run

Elko is great. Beevis Odom, Meathead 2.0 Sumrall, or AARP Fritz? I?ll be spending my money and time elsewhere.

mo7888
11-25-2023, 11:04 AM

I don't think I can hold my interest in a Sumrall/ Fritz hire.... If the powers calling the shot don't care then I'll probably follow their lead...

That said I still think its Elko/Lebby and I'll be very happy with either...

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 11:05 AM
Preacher, I very often disagree with your opinion, in more ways than one but you are correct. But the first two post following yours is a vivid representation of exactly why Mississippi State is Missitippy Tate. We can never pull in lock step and get it together. We could screw up a 1 car funeral procession. It’s really pathetic. Maybe someday we can get it together but we haven’t in my lifetime so I hold little hope.

Quaoarsking
11-25-2023, 11:06 AM

I'll agree to this. #HailState above everything.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 11:06 AM
Preacher, I very often disagree with your opinion, in more ways than one but you are correct. But the first two post following yours is a vivid representation of exactly why Mississippi State is Missitippy Tate. We can never pull in lock step and get it together. We could screw up a 1 car funeral procession. It’s really pathetic. Maybe someday we can get it together but we haven’t in my lifetime so I hold little hope.

I very much agree with this

HancockCountyDog
11-25-2023, 11:49 AM

I agree with this, we have to realize the cupboard is pretty bare going into next season, assuming no one transfers out. If we have transfers out, it could be as bad as it has ever been.

We need to get behind the coach, regardless of whether it is Sumrall, Lebby, or Odom.

Offshore Dawg
11-25-2023, 11:52 AM

Too much truth in this statement, unfortunately.

TheLostDawg
11-25-2023, 11:59 AM
I agree with this, we have to realize the cupboard is pretty bare going into next season, assuming no one transfers out. If we have transfers out, it could be as bad as it has ever been.

We need to get behind the coach, regardless of whether it is Sumrall, Lebby, or Odom.

Was at old miss but they use the transfer portal and don't miss a beat. Hopefully our new coach can do the same. That and get some guys to stay but I'm sure that would require a large hit out of our nil fund

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 12:02 PM
Nah. I?m good. I?m out if we hire Sumrall. I?m not watching that dumpster fire happen

Perfect. That's the great fan. Be out. Don't care who we hire. Nobody has a crysta ball of who will be successful. But I'm gonna support our coach til we give him a raise or fire him. Or both.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 12:03 PM

Spot on

preachermatt83
11-25-2023, 12:07 PM

You sir are absolutely correct

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 12:18 PM

Absolute truth!!!

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 12:19 PM
Perfect. That's the great fan. Be out. Don't care who we hire. Nobody has a crysta ball of who will be successful. But I'm gonna support our coach til we give him a raise or fire him. Or both.

He's one of those that's a fan of a certain person or system, not a school.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 12:21 PM

JWS did great. Croom was an offensive coach as well as Moorhead. They both sucked. It's all about the coach, not whether they are a defensive or offensive coach.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 12:27 PM

Cool beans homiedawg

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 12:28 PM
He's one of those that's a fan of a certain person or system, not a school.

I?m a fan good coaching. I?ve been coaching long enough I think I can see a good coach. Maybe you could learn a thing or 2 if listened to someone who?s been in this profession.

HancockCountyDog
11-25-2023, 12:32 PM
Was at old miss but they use the transfer portal and don't miss a beat. Hopefully our new coach can do the same. That and get some guys to stay but I'm sure that would require a large hit out of our nil fund

I just think that our roster is pretty rough next year and I would rather spend money on the HS level to start building up the roster and start building depth.

Msujd164
11-25-2023, 12:52 PM
Nah. I?m done If we bargain hunt and hire Jon fn Sumrall, because then we have chosen to give up on football. Defensive coaches will not move us forward. You can kiss any offensive recruits goodbye.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 01:05 PM
Nah. I?m done If we bargain hunt and hire Jon fn Sumrall, then we have chosen to give up on football. Defensive coaches will not move us forward. You can kiss any offensive recruits goodbye.

Lebby and Sumrall will cost about the same

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 01:06 PM
I?m a fan good coaching. I?ve been coaching long enough I think I can see a good coach. Maybe you could learn a thing or 2 if listened to someone who?s been in this profession.

Hahaha!

sleepy dawg
11-25-2023, 01:12 PM
If you're not going to get behind the hire and support this team then please just quietly f*ck off. For everyone's sake, we don't need your negativity. Just go find another hobby and leave the rest of us alone. We don't need your cancerous attitude.

CaptainObvious
11-25-2023, 01:40 PM
The cupboard is almost bare. Depending on the hire then cupboard could go completely bare or maybe gain some quality pieces. Either way, if you think 2023 was bad, the coach we hire could be the difference in 0-8 in the SEC and possible as good as 3-5 in the SEC. How fast this gets turned around depends on THE HIRE and his staff of recruiters. High school and portal!

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 01:44 PM
The cupboard is almost bare. Depending on the hire then cupboard could go completely bare or maybe gain some quality pieces. Either way, if you think 2023 was bad, the coach we hire could be the difference in 0-8 in the SEC and possible as good as 3-5 in the SEC. How fast this gets turned around depends on THE HIRE and his staff of recruiters. High school and portal!

Can?t say that man. You better behind Sumrall and his terrible recruiting and awful, slow offenses. Even if sucks. Just put your head in the sand and ignore it. Cause that?s what we need to do.

Msujd164
11-25-2023, 01:49 PM
If you're not going to get behind the hire and support this team then please just quietly f*ck off. For everyone's sake, we don't need your negativity. Just go find another hobby and leave the rest of us alone. We don't need your cancerous attitude.

The most asinine response. Have you been asleep the last 3 and a half months where we had a defensive minded head coach? And if our AD turns around and brings in another, you expect everyone to just walk the company line? Some of us would like to get out of the quicksand and advance the program forward by bringing in innovation that would excite recruits, not the blue hairs.

CaptainObvious
11-25-2023, 02:00 PM
Well I can definitely see 2-2 non-conference next year, 2-2 Sec at home and 0-4 Sec road without adding a stud QB and 5 quality Olinemen. We can be fine with our current returning WRs and RBs if we get those pieces added.

On the defensive side, we just need speed, speed, speed. Because most of the tackles are going to be 5 plus yards downfield so we need a Bend but don't break defense.