11-24-2023, 08:27 PM
Here we go!!!
https://twitter.com/ForrestHughes7/status/1728192753312444887

Wade Garrett
11-24-2023, 08:31 PM
Is this you Tater?

KOdawg1
11-24-2023, 08:32 PM
1. Do these people think Selmon lives under a rock and isn't aware of what happened at Baylor? He runs a multi-million dollar athletic department, but he's ignorant to the facts of the situation? Dude with 140 followers on twitter is gonna shine light for him? Lmao

2. Lebby has worked at four other institutions since he left Baylor. He's been vetted by all of them without any issues.

3. This shit makes me want to hire him even more.

Extendedcab
11-24-2023, 08:32 PM
Did Tater write that tweet?

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 08:33 PM
That?s 100% Tater

Pancho
11-24-2023, 08:34 PM
Hire Lebby tomorrow then......this crap is ridiculous

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2023, 08:34 PM
Here we go!!!
Forrest needs to be making a campaign to fire Jans then as well or he needs to stfu….Jans has a history, was punished, and now we have us a damn good coach. Sometimes these “risky” hires work out well for us. Lebby was not guilty of anything and tried to defend a family member…stfu Forrest

msudawg1200
11-24-2023, 08:39 PM
Hire Lebby tomorrow then......this crap is ridiculous
Agree. I'm trusting Selmon knows the situation and what he's doing. We have some dumbarse fans

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-24-2023, 08:44 PM
Can anyone document anything Lebby did?

confucius say
11-24-2023, 08:45 PM
The comments on that Twitter post roast Tater

Pancho
11-24-2023, 08:46 PM
no they cannot, simply because he did nothing as it pertains to this trash claim.

was21
11-24-2023, 08:48 PM
Brian Kelly murdeured a boy

Coursesuper
11-24-2023, 08:49 PM
Good Gawd. Some of these people like ole tater here really needed to serve like a few of us here did. Then just maybe they wouldn’t so catastrophically ignorant.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2023, 08:49 PM
Brian Kelly murdeured a boy
Craig James killed 5 hookers….

msstate7
11-24-2023, 08:50 PM
Forrest needs to be making a campaign to fire Jans then as well or he needs to stfu….Jans has a history, was punished, and now we have us a damn good coach. Sometimes these “risky” hires work out well for us. Lebby was not guilty of anything and tried to defend a family member…stfu Forrest

I hope whatever is in Jans past is real bad... I wanna keep him haha

Catfish
11-24-2023, 08:51 PM
Craig James killed 5 hookers….

You win this round. LOL

DEDawg
11-24-2023, 08:53 PM
lol I graduated with this dude. Known for being very vocal but nobody ever took him seriously

Coursesuper
11-24-2023, 08:55 PM
lol I graduated with this dude. Known for being very vocal but nobody ever took him seriously

He’s got the open your mouth and confirm you’re an idiot part down pat.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2023, 08:56 PM
He got drunk while coach at Bowling Green, grabbed a females ass in public which is technically sexual assault so our head basketball coach is guilty of sexual assault which in today’s society means he’s CANCELLED. Dude was punished, lost his job, got his stuff straight and thankfully we now have him. But I’m sure Forrest would never hire him….Forrest would have us with Rick Ray

Catfish
11-24-2023, 08:58 PM
He got drunk while coach at Bowling Green, grabbed a females ass in public which is technically sexual assault so our head basketball coach is guilty of sexual assault which in today’s society means he’s CANCELLED. Dude was punished, lost his job, got his stuff straight and thankfully we now have him. But I’m sure Forrest would never hire him….Forrest would have us with Rick Ray

Urban Meyer syndrome!

Quaoarsking
11-24-2023, 08:58 PM

All Jans did was grab a woman's ass at a bar, consensually, while drunk. Now he was married at the time (still is), so that's not appropriate, and either way, it's not really a good image for the school, but Bowling Green firing him over that is a little ridiculous.

That's several orders of magnitude less than what Art Briles did. I don't hold Lebby responsible for his father-in-law's behavior, but I hope (and I'm pretty confident he will) Selmon makes it clear to Lebby that Briles should not in any way be associated with our program.

Quaoarsking
11-24-2023, 08:59 PM

No it's not because it was consensual. Nobody ever claimed to be a victim in the situation.

I can assure you that if Jans had committed sexual assault he wouldn't be coaching anywhere, much less head coach of a major conference program.

BigDawg81
11-24-2023, 09:05 PM
He is probably a Pro-Palestiner

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2023, 09:08 PM
No it's not because it was consensual. Nobody ever claimed to be a victim in the situation.

I can assure you that if Jans had committed sexual assault he wouldn't be coaching anywhere, much less head coach of a major conference program.
I know he wasn’t guilty of that but I’m just saying in todays society the incident happened, people automatically say you’re guilty without knowing the full scope of what happened. And by definition grabbing someone’s ass without consent is sexual assault and when someone hears the word sexual assault they basically think you almost raped someone, that’s how things get so blown out of proportion…when the incident was so far from that

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 09:12 PM
Forrest, if you read this thread my message to you is STFU.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2023, 09:15 PM
Forrest, if you read this thread my message to you is STFU.
Let me add to that…stfu and go support another team, no room for bitch-asses on this wagon

MBDawg601
11-24-2023, 09:16 PM
Seems like Forrest's wife may have made him post that.

Poor guy.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 09:18 PM
Seems like Forrest's wife may have made him post that.

Poor guy.

Nah. Forrest? ahem Tater? did that on his. It takes a real piece of work to give that much of a shit and make up that much shit.

BeardoMSU
11-24-2023, 09:20 PM
Yeah, let's turn this into a shit show...jfc

Msujd164
11-24-2023, 09:28 PM
Please Forrest, go support another school. Please dont donate anymore NIL. Dont buy tickets. Please.

preachermatt83
11-24-2023, 09:38 PM
Let me add to that…stfu and go support another team, no room for bitch-asses on this wagon

This guy must be an idiot completely. Bet money he don’t contribute more than $1200 a year.

preachermatt83
11-24-2023, 09:39 PM
Dude is getting owned on there. Lol

Tater
11-24-2023, 09:41 PM
Is this you Tater?

I live in wisconsin. Not me.

Tater
11-24-2023, 09:53 PM
Nah. Forrest? ahem Tater? did that on his. It takes a real piece of work to give that much of a shit and make up that much shit.

All of the information he posted is ripped straight from an ESPN article that documents the bare bones of the Baylor Timeline. Pretty much verbatim from it.

Tater
11-24-2023, 09:59 PM
Dude is getting owned on there. Lol

From a different perspective, it's a lot of comments proving what a lot of negative stereotypes that people have about Ole Miss are true. And I say Ole Miss, because people who aren't from Mississippi see the two schools as the same. And if we make this hire, well, we're proving that we have very similar morals.

SPMT
11-24-2023, 10:32 PM
Urban Meyer syndrome!

This guy is a 17n sanctimonious moron. 17 him.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2023, 11:22 PM
From a different perspective, it's a lot of comments proving what a lot of negative stereotypes that people have about Ole Miss are true. And I say Ole Miss, because people who aren't from Mississippi see the two schools as the same. And if we make this hire, well, we're proving that we have very similar morals.
Let’s be real, it’s 2023. Players are now getting paid legally to come and play for a program. Basically mercenaries for hire. This is no longer about hiring a coach to win games and teach how to “win in life” how to grow, mature, etc. No. The second they take money to play they are basically employees working for someone. We are looking for someone to come in and win ball games with the players that will come in plain and simple. Dude can be the biggest asshole ever, as long as he wins that’s all that matters in these times. Like it or not, that’s how it is and we better get with the program or we will remain in the basement of the SEC. We could hire a guy that cheats on his wife every weekend and has no morals whatsoever, as long as he wins that’s all that matters. There are no morals in a dog eat dog business world, and that is what college football is now, plain and simple.

bulldawg28
11-25-2023, 01:19 AM
Is his last name Gump? That seems to be his wave length of thinking?

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 10:32 AM

That’s it mother 17er! Morals , you 17ing people have been holding us back for our entire existence. Morals, you pretentious prick, maybe the rest of the earth doesn’t give a 17 what you think about how we should live our lives. Why does this guy have to keep paying for a mistake over and over again? Why? Just so you 17s can who walk about the planet with your heads up your asses can try to prove to the rest of us that’s the way to exist? Nope I’m good. How about you people stop 17ing our state and school over so you can feel good about yourself.

Saltydog
11-25-2023, 11:00 AM
Yep, he wants to take a moral high ground here but look at some of the shit he supports. Pathetic........

sandjunky
11-25-2023, 11:02 AM
That’s it mother 17er! Morals , you 17ing people have been holding us back for our entire existence. Morals, you pretentious prick, maybe the rest of the earth doesn’t give a 17 what you think about how we should live our lives. Why does this guy have to keep paying for a mistake over and over again? Why? Just so you 17s can who walk about the planet with your heads up your asses can try to prove to the rest of us that’s the way to exist? Nope I’m good. How about you people stop 17ing our state and school over so you can feel good about yourself.

This all flipping day

woof
11-25-2023, 11:11 AM
Here we go!!!

Observing past history & experiences, the bible thumpers who call out other ppl, are typically the very ones who sin the most because they use religion to mask their true nature and you get a sense their faith is not genuine (see Hugh Freeze & numerous other sleezy tele-evangelist).

Quaoarsking
11-25-2023, 11:25 AM
It's kinda wild how a bunch of replies to his post are "I bet you voted for Biden!" and a bunch more are "I bet you voted for Trump!"

Are all sides of the political spectrum ... uniting behind Lebby??

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 11:54 AM
Observing past history & experiences, the bible thumpers who call out other ppl, are typically the very ones who sin the most because they use religion to mask their true nature and you get a sense their faith is not genuine (see Hugh Freeze & numerous other sleezy tele-evangelist).

* We don't call people out; we simply call sin what it is
* Yes, of course we sin; we're human
* We don't mask anything; we hope folks will call out our sin and hold us accountable also
* That we sin and we believe Jesus died to forgive our sin makes our faith genuine
* A few celebrity call outs are not indicative of the majority Christian body of faith

Not trying to be disagreeable only to clarify a little bit who we are as Christians.

Extendedcab
11-25-2023, 12:35 PM
* We don't mask anything; we hope folks will call out our sin and hold us accountable also
* That we sin and we believe Jesus died to forgive our sin makes our faith genuine
* A few celebrity call outs are not indicative of the majority Christian body of faith

Not trying to be disagreeable only to clarify a little bit who we are as Christians.

This ^^^^^, thank you!

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 12:44 PM

That is wonderful, now explain why your faith had any place in a football coaching search. Better yet just don’t.

RockyDog
11-25-2023, 12:53 PM

Christians suck

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 01:04 PM
Christians suck

Hope I'll get the chance to meet you Rocky, have a beer together and maybe you will have one of us you feel differently about.

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 01:05 PM
That is wonderful, now explain why your faith had any place in a football coaching search. Better yet just don’t.

Merely clarifying a few things in woof's post. Nothing more.

PMDawg
11-25-2023, 01:17 PM
Christians suck

Some of us do, some of us don't. I never support generalities or judging groups as a whole. Deal with individuals. I run in multiple circles with atheists, agnostics, Muslims, and some Jewish folks. We can all get along and be friends.

Extendedcab
11-25-2023, 01:21 PM

Because Tater brought up his outrage over potentially hiring Lebby given his associations with Briles and maybe due to his part in the coverup. His outrage is based on a moral precept of rape being bad. These precepts of right and wrong came from God and his commands for humans in the way we should live.

Hard to get away from God unless you want society as a whole to disintegrate.

Tater
11-25-2023, 01:27 PM
That?s it mother 17er! Morals , you 17ing people have been holding us back for our entire existence. Morals, you pretentious prick, maybe the rest of the earth doesn?t give a 17 what you think about how we should live our lives. Why does this guy have to keep paying for a mistake over and over again? Why? Just so you 17s can who walk about the planet with your heads up your asses can try to prove to the rest of us that?s the way to exist? Nope I?m good. How about you people stop 17ing our state and school over so you can feel good about yourself.

My parents and grandparents instilled respecting my neighbor and not raping them and not supporting or facilitating that behavior.

To you, a game. And I do emphasize: GAME. A game is more important than that. A game that takes a total of ~48 hours per year of time being played.

I love football but man, I'm not out here gonna sit next to a rapist or a rape-enabler to watch it.

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 01:27 PM
And we now return to our regularly scheduled programming of all things Mississippi State.

Thank you all.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 01:28 PM
My parents and grandparents instilled respecting my neighbor and not raping them and not supporting or facilitating that behavior.

To you, a game. And I do emphasize: GAME. A game is more important than that. A game that takes a total of ~48 hours per year of time being played.

I love football but man, I'm not out here gonna sit next to a rapist or a rape-enabler to watch it.

Well good thing Lebby isn?t that. Or are you going to continue lying about it!

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 01:30 PM
Because Tater brought up his outrage over potentially hiring Lebby given his associations with Briles and maybe due to his part in the coverup. His outrage is based on a moral precept of rape being bad. These precepts of right and wrong came from God and his commands for humans in the way we should live.

That your opinion, opinions are just exactly like assholes, everybody has one. We have freedom of religion, which also mean we have freedom from it is we so choose. If you can?t understand that see my post above.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 01:31 PM
Prob time to go ahead and lock this one lol

Tater
11-25-2023, 01:32 PM

Believe it or not, people don't need to fear some deity to have moral stances.

Tater
11-25-2023, 01:33 PM
Yep, he wants to take a moral high ground here but look at some of the shit he supports. Pathetic........

Elaborate

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 01:37 PM
Come on guys. Are we not adult enough to moderate ourselves. Let it go and move on.

And in general a lot more underhand volleys instead of overhand smashes at the net.

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 01:42 PM

Exactly the response I expected. So stuck on that moral high horse that you can’t see the forest for the trees. Your morality leads you to judge a situation and others with only the information in the public domain and cast judgement without knowing what the real situation might be. So typical of why we are last in everything and are held back when we try to step forward. Thanks for nothing.

Tater
11-25-2023, 02:18 PM
Exactly the response I expected. So stuck on that moral high horse that you can’t see the forest for the trees. Your morality leads you to judge a situation and others with only the information in the public domain and cast judgement without knowing what the real situation might be. So typical of why we are last in everything and are held back when we try to step forward. Thanks for nothing.

Why is having morals above a game a bad thing?

What if we hired a coach that won every game 200-0. Super fun during the game. But then after the game, the coach rapes 10 fans and then kills 5 others. Is that someone you'd support? Guaranteed National Title. If not, what number would support? If so, what number wouldn't you support?

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 02:21 PM

What if we hired a coach that won every game 200-0. Super fun during the game. But then after the game, the coach rapes 10 fans and then kills 5 others. Is that someone you'd support? Guaranteed National Title. If not, what number would support? If so, what number wouldn't you support?

This is insane. Time to step away from the keyboard

MBDawg601
11-25-2023, 02:21 PM

That is a bit excessive. You are blowing this way out of proportion.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 02:24 PM

Holy shit. You?re getting crazier and crazier. You need help my man.

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 02:31 PM

Yeah. There's no value when debate devolves into arguing. Each side is only involved to convince the other to their position. And that becomes pointless. He who has ears, let them hear.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 02:32 PM
Yeah. There's no value when debate devolves into arguing. Each side is only involved to convince the other to their position. And that becomes pointless. He who has ears, let them hear.

I think it is time to lock this one.

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 02:38 PM

You are bat shit crazy, typical. What I and many take issue with is you and your interjecting your moral compass on others who don’t give 17 what you think or feel about any situation. I know it’s hard for you understand that no one gives a 17 about how you think but you and your stances aren’t valid anywhere but in your head.

EdwardDrayton
11-25-2023, 02:40 PM
I think it is time to lock this one.

I still believe in our fellow Dawgs to shake hands and move on.

Tater
11-25-2023, 02:45 PM

So we agree there's a line? It's just an argument of where to draw it?

There's a similar standup by Dave Chappelle out there about Bill Cosby. It's a mental exercise to think through where you stand. Examine the Trolley Problem at some point.

Tater
11-25-2023, 02:47 PM
You are bat shit crazy, typical. What I and many take issue with is you and your interjecting your moral compass on others who don’t give 17 what you think or feel about any situation. I know it’s hard for you understand that no one gives a 17 about how you think but you and your stances aren’t valid anywhere but in your head.

So what moral compass is acceptable then? I'm asking you where is the line. I'm letting you say I'm wrong and asking where does Mississippi State's moral compass land. Just one rape for the coach every 3 wins?

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 02:51 PM
So we agree there's a line? It's just an argument of where to draw it?

There's a similar standup by Dave Chappelle out there about Bill Cosby. It's a mental exercise to think through where you stand. Examine the Trolley Problem at some point.

No. Dont even try to validate what you said. I assume you are a state grad, and if so I know you took English 2 which spends an entire lesson covering informal fallacies. You know exactly what you are doing, dont now try to play dumb and bring in a thought exercise where the entire point is to conclude over no win situations.

I cant believe I have to explain this to who I assume is a grown ass man. Argue your point within the boundaries of the actual situation in the real world or take your straw man somewhere else

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 02:54 PM
So what moral compass is acceptable then? I'm asking you where is the line. I'm letting you say I'm wrong and asking where does Mississippi State's moral compass land. Just one rape for the coach every 3 wins?

Damn you are a dumb mother 17er. Life is hard, its harder when you’re stupid.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 02:55 PM

You probably have me blocked by now. But god you?re as nuts as they come. You need to see a therapist for real.

preachermatt83
11-25-2023, 02:55 PM
Holy shit. You?re getting crazier and crazier. You need help my man.

Exactly why I said a short vacation from the board would be beneficial.

Tater
11-25-2023, 03:01 PM
No. Dont even try to validate what you said. I assume you are a state grad, and if so I know you took English 2 which spends an entire lesson covering informal fallacies. You know exactly what you are doing, dont now try to play dumb and bring in a thought exercise where the entire point is to conclude over no win situations.

I cant believe I have to explain this to who I assume is a grown ass man. Argue your point within the boundaries of the actual situation in the real world or take your straw man somewhere else

The difference between the classroom and the online message board is that the latter doesn't have the rules of engagement. There's no decorum when fighting with a pig in the mud.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 03:04 PM
The difference between the classroom and the online message board is that the latter doesn't have the rules of engagement. There's no decorum when fighting with a pig in the mud.

Who exactly do you think you are fighting? Your own thoughts? You are literally making up fantasy scenarios for the sake of creating an argument that is not there. It is not real.

Tater
11-25-2023, 03:07 PM
Exactly why I said a short vacation from the board would be beneficial.

I'm not the one who said we should have no morals. I'm the one who asked to define that. If you're repulsed by the question I asked... welcome to how I feel about someone proposing Jeff Lebby.

Tater
11-25-2023, 03:08 PM
Who exactly do you think you are fighting? Your own thoughts? You are literally making up fantasy scenarios for the sake of creating an argument that is not there. It is not real.

The guy who said we should have no morals. Coursesuper? Maybe you missed his posts that are all over this thread?

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 03:13 PM
Tater belongs in a looney bin.

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 03:16 PM

I should have know better than to get in it with a religious zealot. They warp all things into only what they believe and can’t be dealt with in any shape form or fashion. They can’t see anything past their narrow view.