11-24-2023, 08:24 PM
They are looking to finalize a deal with him according to several reports

confucius say
11-24-2023, 08:26 PM
What does that mean for leipold?

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 08:27 PM
What does that mean for leipold?

Staying at Kansas unless someone else opens up after this weekend, it appears.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 08:28 PM
They are looking to finalize a deal with him according to several reports

Based on what I'm hearing and reading between the lines, Lebby is a smoke screen.

Pancho
11-24-2023, 08:35 PM
smoke screen for whom?

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 08:35 PM
That's a good hire. That's how you do it.

HancockCountyDog
11-24-2023, 08:40 PM
I don't see why Michigan State is a more attractive program than ours right now. Big 10 is getting tougher, they have a monster in-state rival.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 08:41 PM
I don't see why Michigan State is a more attractive program than ours right now. Big 10 is getting tougher, they have a monster in-state rival.

They have a lot of money to burn since they got out of that Mel Tucker contract

NeuteredDawg
11-24-2023, 08:41 PM

Location, resources and huge alumni base.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 08:46 PM

It's a much better job. They're a 60% winning program all time, and they have 3 conference titles since 2010. You can win there much easier than here

Maroonthirteen
11-24-2023, 08:58 PM
What a kick in the beavers tail, former player leaves you at the alter.

There is no loyalty

sandjunky
11-24-2023, 09:07 PM
What a kick in the beavers tail, former player leaves you at the alter.

There is no loyalty

Wouldn?t blame him - they will be in a conference of 2

Homedawg
11-24-2023, 09:16 PM
It's a much better job. They're a 60% winning program all time, and they have 3 conference titles since 2010. You can win there much easier than here

It's amazing how many people think we are equal some of these other jobs.

Maroonthirteen
11-24-2023, 10:09 PM
Wouldn?t blame him - they will be in a conference of 2

The PAC will add some members. However you are right in that the B1G has a lot more money. So, still I say there is no loyalty among these athletes. The mighty dollar is to what he is loyal.

Catfish
11-24-2023, 10:17 PM
Based on what I'm hearing and reading between the lines, Lebby is a smoke screen.

You're grasping now.

Tater
11-24-2023, 10:36 PM
It's amazing how many people think we are equal some of these other jobs.

Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Tennessee
Florida
Florida State
Miami
Clemson
North Carolina
Penn State
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Notre Dame
Iowa
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Texsa
Aggy
USC
Oregon
UCLA
Washington

That's the list that are for sure better JOBS than State. You can make an argument on about 5 more, but I think top 30 is where we are.

CadaverDawg
11-24-2023, 10:38 PM
Alabama
Auburn
Georgia
Tennessee
Florida
Florida State
Miami
Clemson
North Carolina
Penn State
Ohio State
Michigan
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Notre Dame
Iowa
Nebraska
Oklahoma
Texsa
Aggy
USC
Oregon
UCLA
Washington

That's the list that are for sure better JOBS than State. You can make an argument on about 5 more, but I think top 30 is where we are.

Agree on all except Nebraska. This ain't 1990...that job blows

Tater
11-24-2023, 10:42 PM
Agree on all except Nebraska. This ain't 1990...that jobs blows

I think the money + B1G takes it up into the weird Aggy tier where it's a shit job you're probably not going to succeed at; however, money.

Bothrops
11-24-2023, 10:47 PM
Agree on all except Nebraska. This ain't 1990...that jobs blows

Nebraska is not as good of a job as State. Iowa is highly debatable.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 11:26 AM
Here is where our fans go of the rails:

State is an SEC job
State can pay top 30 in the country
State is located in a fertile recruiting area

BUT:

State doesnt have the money to spend in their budget close to their conference foes- football budget is 29MM- conference mean is 42MM
State has no chance to win a title
State doesnt have the college town of most of the conference foes
State doesnt have the NIL of most of their conference foes
State doesnt have the infrastructure of most of their conference foes

At the end of the day- our job drops out of the Top 30 because of the other factors beyond being an SEC school and coach pay

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 11:31 AM

State is an SEC job

BUT:

State doesnt have the money to spend in their budget close to their conference foes- football budget is 29MM- conference mean is 42MM

At the end of the day- our job drops out of the Top 30 because of the other factors beyond being an SEC school and coach pay

In 2014 and 2018 we were playoff contenders if it weren't for Dan shopping/leaving. We should have played in the 4 team playoff both years. While that doesn't mean we would win a title, we certainly had a chance.
I agree with the rest and I do concede the fact that winning a title here is a long shot, but not impossible.

MetEdDawg
11-25-2023, 11:39 AM

State is an SEC job

BUT:

There's a large contingent of our fan base that either refuse to believe these facts or simply feel they shouldn't impact our ability to get a coach or be successful.

I hope whoever our hire is helps move the needle for us by improving the areas that are controllable by them. Because the reality is from a holistic standpoint, we are probably at best the 12th best job in the SEC. Soon to be 14th when Oklahoma and Texas join.

AROB44
11-25-2023, 11:41 AM

State is an SEC job

BUT:

Well, dang....we should just keep the current staff and make your buddy Brad the HC. Or.....we could just turn Davis Wade into a concert venue.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 11:44 AM
In 2014 and 2018 we were playoff contenders if it weren't for Dan shopping/leaving. We should have played in the 4 team playoff both years. While that doesn't mean we would win a title, we certainly had a chance.
I agree with the rest and I do concede the fact that winning a title here is a long shot, but not impossible.

2014 and today are different animals- different dynamics now. No more program building and guys waiting for their chance to start in 3 years. And even as good as we were in 2014- just like Mississippi in 2023- the best we/they could do is 10-2

Coach34
11-25-2023, 11:47 AM
Well, dang....we should just keep the current staff and make your buddy Brad the HC. Or.....we could just turn Davis Wade into a concert venue.

Facts are facts. No other SEC team outside the Big 6 has won an SEC title in the last 60 years. Only way that changes is if Texas or OU can pull it off

TheLostDawg
11-25-2023, 11:47 AM

State is an SEC job

BUT:

Hopefully that gap is closing with an AD that seems to actually be trying

DawgFromOxford
11-25-2023, 12:05 PM

State is an SEC job

BUT:

Have you ever thought about cheering for a different school? Take your negative attitude somewhere else. No need to constantly recruit against the school you?re a ?fan? of

Coursesuper
11-25-2023, 12:20 PM

State is an SEC job

BUT:

Our people have failed to understand how the college football landscape has evolved and definitely not how fast. I know you?re gonna say no way but we?re behind the curve. An overdeveloped sense of worth tied together with an overinflated sense of entitlement is a ticket strait down the tubes. The classic Misstippy Tate way.

Coach34
11-25-2023, 02:15 PM
Have you ever thought about cheering for a different school? Take your negative attitude somewhere else. No need to constantly recruit against the school you?re a ?fan? of

I'm sorry facts hurt you feelings. Get in your safe space and let the adults talk

DawgFromOxford
11-25-2023, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry facts hurt you feelings. Get in your safe space and let the adults talk

No safe space needed. Keep living in your woe is me world and let the people who want to move MSU forward do so

Coach34
11-25-2023, 02:42 PM
No safe space needed. Keep living in your woe is me world and let the people who want to move MSU forward do so

I'm all for moving State forward. But our budget is what it is

I agree we need a team of people just to work on portal talent like other schools have
I agree we need millions more in NIL like other schools
I agree we need to triple our recruiting budget to get in the middle of the pack of the SEC

But like you and other fans dont seem to get- the money has to come from somewhere. It just wont appear. Find us 13MM more per year to get our football budget just up to the SEC average. I'm behind you all the way