PDA

View Full Version : Mullen to Cuse

Msujd164
11-24-2023, 06:31 PM
📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/dan-mullen-reportedly-meets-with-power-5-program-about-vacant-coaching-job/?fbclid=IwAR0_u0GYHM8tEzmKyg4dvnr-bYdlooKQ0UeSy3q-kGL3w3eDJe61EYU7vIY_aem_AVOeyHpI12004Ju0wAQ1JIYAcu MxOHa7D3-DQl5fJS4qhmUisu_59iRbsYWlDQ9czao

NeuteredDawg
11-24-2023, 07:33 PM
Can?t be. Everybody here said he does not want to get back into coaching.

ZedFedder
11-24-2023, 07:59 PM
If he goes there, he will win consistently.

Matt3467
11-24-2023, 09:52 PM
If true it'd be hard to believe he wasn't interested in our job and if so it'd be harder to believe we'd hire Lebby over Mullen.

Thick
11-24-2023, 10:00 PM
If true it'd be hard to believe he wasn't interested in our job and if so it'd be harder to believe we'd hire Lebby over Mullen.

No it wouldn?t! We had several donors who did not like Dan?s New Hampshire attitude, and they redirected their money to women?s bball thus the success of that program under Schaefer. I only know of one university that has rehired a former coach?.North Carolina with Brown. Dan hated to recruit and was shopping for bigger gigs the last 3 years of his contract. If we rehired Dan, then we should all be embarrassed, bc Dan was sure wanting to leave Starkville after we gave him his first HC job! Fuk Dan!

msstate7
11-24-2023, 10:08 PM
No it wouldn?t! We had several donors who did not like Dan?s New Hampshire attitude, and they redirected their money to women?s bball thus the success of that program under Schaefer. I only know of one university that has rehired a former coach?.North Carolina with Brown. Dan hated to recruit and was shopping for bigger gigs the last 3 years of his contract.

Rutgers and schiano is another

Thick
11-24-2023, 10:09 PM
Rutgers and schiano is another

Make it 2 then.

Leroy Jenkins
11-24-2023, 10:12 PM
I'll say it real slow for the 10th time... Mark. Keenum. Is. Not. Signing. Off. On. Dan. Mullen. Give it up.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 10:14 PM
I'll say it real slow for the 10th time... Mark. Keenum. Is. Not. Signing. Off. On. Dan. Mullen. Give it up.

And he knows what he's doing - just look at arnett

Matt3467
11-24-2023, 10:21 PM
No it wouldn?t! We had several donors who did not like Dan?s New Hampshire attitude, and they redirected their money to women?s bball thus the success of that program under Schaefer. I only know of one university that has rehired a former coach?.North Carolina with Brown. Dan hated to recruit and was shopping for bigger gigs the last 3 years of his contract. If we rehired Dan, then we should all be embarrassed, bc Dan was sure wanting to leave Starkville after we gave him his first HC job! Fuk Dan!

Bobby Petrino with Louisville, Bill Snyder at KSU. UConn and Nevada I believe also are recent ones and the Nevada one Ault I believe was his name was rehired twice. It's a lot more common than one would think.

Thick
11-24-2023, 10:48 PM
Bobby Petrino with Louisville, Bill Snyder at KSU. UConn and Nevada I believe also are recent ones and the Nevada one Ault I believe was his name was rehired twice. It's a lot more common than one would think.

I forgot about Snyder too. My point is simply this, we need an offensive genius bc we always have defensive players. With exception of Dak, they are all defensive studs in the league.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 11:55 PM

Politician

TheLostDawg
11-25-2023, 12:08 AM

Plus

911mom
11-25-2023, 12:48 AM
Ok….it will be official…. If Dan Mullen becomes the head football coach at Syracuse, he must be stalking my family. I am a proud MSU alum. My husband is a proud gator alum . Our son is a student at Syracuse University ….. what are the odds ?

Biguglyjoe
11-25-2023, 08:18 AM
There is a 91 page thread on the Cuse message board about Mullen and how they'd love to have him. I understand their enthusiasm, but I have news for them. They'll never love Dan Mullen as much as Dan Mullen loves Dan Mullen.

smootness
11-25-2023, 08:46 AM
I forgot about Snyder too. My point is simply this, we need an offensive genius bc we always have defensive players. With exception of Dak, they are all defensive studs in the league.

That was not at all your point.

Cowbell
11-25-2023, 09:10 AM
There is a 91 page thread on the Cuse message board about Mullen and how they'd love to have him. I understand their enthusiasm, but I have news for them. They'll never love Dan Mullen as much as Dan Mullen loves Dan Mullen.
That is true of most good head coaches unfortunately

FISHDAWG
11-25-2023, 09:14 AM
Make it 2 then.

Bill Snyder at Kansas ?

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 09:23 AM

Yeah. Keenum is one of our main problems it appears. He's part of the "good ol boy" brigade.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 09:34 AM

Just stop trying to tell 'em. They are going to believe what they want. Same song different verse.

WinningIsRelentless
11-25-2023, 09:40 AM

Mark Keenum is feeling the damn heat right now from major donors. He is having to walk a very fine line with them.

viverlibre
11-25-2023, 09:42 AM
That will not end well. He hated crootin' at UF and MSU where you can sign multiple future first round draft picks within a three hour car ride. Recruiting will be 10x harder up there.

WinningIsRelentless
11-25-2023, 09:52 AM
That will not end well. He hated crootin' at UF and MSU where you can sign multiple future first round draft picks within a three hour car ride. Recruiting will be 10x harder up there.

The days of recruiting is over. You now shop. We as fans have to understand this. The way things were done even 5 years ago is completely different.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2023, 10:01 AM
Can?t be. Everybody here said he does not want to get back into coaching.

No they didn't.

viverlibre
11-25-2023, 03:24 PM
The days of recruiting is over. You now shop. We as fans have to understand this. The way things were done even 5 years ago is completely different.

Actually the opposite, recruiting, which includes re-recruiting current players every portal window and signing players from the portal, is more important and harder now than ever. The days of the "development coach" in big time CFB are over.

If "shopping" worked Mullen would have been successful at UF.

FISHDAWG
11-25-2023, 04:05 PM
I'm seeing a stadium that looks less than half full in Syracuse ... looks like they need something to get excited about... I've learned to recognize apathy when I see it