PDA

View Full Version : This doesn't all add up.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 06:19 PM
I'm currently visiting with friends and family who are all big OU supporters about Lebby. He is extremely disliked with that fan base as we have discussed before.

This is where I really get confused. Castiglione and Selmon I thought were still close. Castiglione can't stand Lebby and that is known. Castiglione's own son who is a former player even trashes Lebby (as recently as this week) on Twitter. The whole group is hoping he is hired away.

This honestly wreaks of Selmon doing OU a solid but someone that is more in the know please educate me. I'm concerned.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-24-2023, 06:21 PM
Lebby made his wife happy instead of OU brass. IMO

confucius say
11-24-2023, 06:21 PM
Been waiting on this narrative.
Not saying you're right or wrong, just saying I knew it was coming because I know OK despises him and has told him to be looking around

msstate7
11-24-2023, 06:26 PM
Oklahoma offensive ranks nationally...
FEI - 8th
Total offense - 7th
Scoring offense - 4th

Oklahoma has been unbelievable on offense. In fact they're as good as Lincoln Riley's last 2 years at Oklahoma.

StarkVegasSteve
Lebby is a solid coach with an unfortunate in law situation. I know he has caused Castiglione and Venables a bunch of headaches this year with the Art stuff. Do I think Selmon is doing OU a solid and taking him off their hands? No. But I do believe they have been pushing probably more than a team usually would for Lebby to get this job and them having an in with Selmon only helps that situation.

Maverick91
Lebby made his wife happy instead of OU brass. IMO

Please explain?

Maverick91
11-24-2023, 06:28 PM
Lebby is a solid coach with an unfortunate in law situation. I know he has caused Castiglione and Venables a bunch of headaches this year with the Art stuff. Do I think Selmon is doing OU a solid and taking him off their hands? No. But I do believe they have been pushing probably more than a team usually would for Lebby to get this job and them having an in with Selmon only helps that situation.

Why would that have the fan base hating him? Especially with the offensive numbers?

paverdog
11-24-2023, 06:32 PM
I just don't think Selmon should hire him if that's true. Seems like to me Selmon is taking this coaching search to easy on his self. not good at all.

Tater
11-24-2023, 06:42 PM
Why would that have the fan base hating him? Especially with the offensive numbers?

Some things are more important than football to some people.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 06:43 PM
Some things are more important than football to some people.

But only once the season is over. Nothing says stick with your morals like let's wait till it won't hurt the team as bad

BankerDog
11-24-2023, 06:44 PM
I just don't think Selmon should hire him if that's true. Seems like to me Selmon is taking this coaching search to easy on his self. not good at all.

I?m tired of us taking the high road. Briles got cleared of all wrong doing. Let?s ride

smootness
11-24-2023, 06:44 PM
The fans do not care about Briles. They are off the Lebby train because of how they view his play calling - a ton of jet sweeps and screens. Their offense has been fantastic but has struggled some at times, and their fans expect perfection.

DEDawg
11-24-2023, 06:45 PM
I'm currently visiting with friends and family who are all big OU supporters about Lebby. He is extremely disliked with that fan base as we have discussed before.

This is where I really get confused. Castiglione and Selmon I thought were still close. Castiglione can't stand Lebby and that is known. Castiglione's own son who is a former player even trashes Lebby (as recently as this week) on Twitter. The whole group is hoping he is hired away.

This honestly wreaks of Selmon doing OU a solid but someone that is more in the know please educate me. I'm concerned.

You are overthinking it. Selmon is not going to be doing anyone a solid at the expense of his own job.

Tater
11-24-2023, 06:47 PM
But only once the season is over. Nothing says stick with your morals like let's wait till it won't hurt the team as bad

People with that level of money and influence don't typically get there because they were a good person.

Leroy Jenkins
11-24-2023, 06:47 PM
Please explain?

His wife is Art Briles daughter. When your employer doesn't want your father in law hanging around it can make things tense back at the house.

EdwardDrayton
11-24-2023, 06:51 PM
You are overthinking it. Selmon is not going to be doing anyone a solid at the expense of his own job.

No. But he will grab the easy bar when he's going down for the last time.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 06:52 PM
The fans do not care about Briles. They are off the Lebby train because of how they view his play calling - a ton of jet sweeps and screens. Their offense has been fantastic but has struggled some at times, and their fans expect perfection.

I'm not a paid consultant, but maybe they should worry about this more than a solidly top 10 offense by any measure...

Total defense nationally - 67th
Scoring defense nationally - 30th
FEI defense nationally - 20th

They're solid on D, but the offense is clearly better by every metric. Seems the improvement should be strived for on this side of the ball

DEDawg
11-24-2023, 06:54 PM
No. But he will grab the easy bar when he's going down for the last time.

I dont know what this is supposed to mean. Nobody here is sitting on the interviews and know what criteria we are scoring against for a hire. Just because you feel that way does not mean the decision makers do and this is some panic hire.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 07:28 PM

That is easy to say, but Selmon is thought by many here to be theit next A.D.. He is family here.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 07:32 PM
Oklahoma offensive ranks nationally...
FEI - 8th
Total offense - 7th
Scoring offense - 4th

Oklahoma has been unbelievable on offense. In fact they're as good as Lincoln Riley's last 2 years at Oklahoma.

The overall playcalling and offensive design is not the problem. It's the situational play calling. It is obvious to everyone but him at times. Think Kellen Moore, when he was at Dallas and they would always finish first in offense but he couldn't make adjustments to save his life.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 07:36 PM
The overall playcalling and offensive design is not the problem. It's the situational play calling. It is obvious to everyone but him at times. Think Kellen Moore, when he was at Dallas and they would always finish first in offense but he couldn't make adjustments to save his life.

You don?t have situational play calling issues and have those stats to back it up.

Briles on the other hand does have some of that.

preachermatt83
11-24-2023, 07:41 PM
Lebby ain’t my first choice by a mile. But anyone who questions his offensive performance and play calling hasn’t watched an ou game. Period.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 07:51 PM

Stop reading the vocal minority on OU boards. That would be like us listening to Edward Drayton for MSU info.

Churchill
11-24-2023, 07:51 PM
I've done some reading about the case and not only has Briles been cleared I wouldn't be surprised if sues Baylor BIGGLY and wins.

SPMT
11-24-2023, 08:05 PM
I've done some reading about the case and not only has Briles been cleared I wouldn't be surprised if sues Baylor BIGGLY and wins.

I?d welcome Art Briles with open arms. Hugh has been given numerous shots.

EdwardDrayton
11-24-2023, 08:08 PM
Clearly we see who the apologists and the front men are for this dumpster fire.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 08:11 PM
Lebby ain’t my first choice by a mile. But anyone who questions his offensive performance and play calling hasn’t watched an ou game. Period.

This is very fair. Good post.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 08:12 PM
I?d welcome Art Briles with open arms. Hugh has been given numerous shots.

Wow......

EdwardDrayton
11-24-2023, 08:17 PM

Again. So hire him as OC. All good.

sleepy dawg
11-24-2023, 10:06 PM
This all just sounds like people wanting to find a reason to be upset about something. If you're upset b/c he has no head coaching experience fine, but anything else is based on basically nothing.

smootness
11-24-2023, 10:17 PM
Again. So hire him as OC. All good.

Dude, he would never come here to be OC. What in the world.

PGHBulldogBG
11-24-2023, 10:21 PM
There hasn?t been an official announcement so I can still hold out hope for Clawson

Tater
11-24-2023, 10:22 PM
Wow......

Lots of disgusting people on this board.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 10:23 PM
Sure is quite at 9:30 pm. Their game has been over for hours. If he were on his way, you would think word would be out. You can't keep these things quiet. May not be Lebby.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 10:23 PM
Lots of disgusting people on this board.

Shut up Forrest

CadaverDawg
11-24-2023, 10:24 PM
There hasn?t been an official announcement so I can still hold out hope for Clawson

Gag

StarkVegasSteve
11-24-2023, 10:25 PM
Sure is quite at 9:30 pm. Their game has been over for hours. If he were on his way, you would think word would be out. You can't keep these things quiet. May not be Lebby.

We were never going to announce today. It will probably start to leak tomorrow with an official news break from Ross Dellenger Monday with a press conference Wednesday.

Tater
11-24-2023, 10:26 PM

Rumor has Sunday baked into it. I'm thinking today and tomorrow was testing the waters. Seeing if we have serious pushback or not. We don't have a loud mouthpiece against it, so the hire is likely to go through. That's the way this timing makes sense to me. Also for Lebby lets him give the appearance of preparing for Texsa rematch if OU makes title game.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 10:30 PM
We were never going to announce today. It will probably start to leak tomorrow with an official news break from Ross Dellenger Monday with a press conference Wednesday.

Makes sense

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 10:32 PM
Rumor has Sunday baked into it. I'm thinking today and tomorrow was testing the waters. Seeing if we have serious pushback or not. We don't have a loud mouthpiece against it, so the hire is likely to go through. That's the way this timing makes sense to me. Also for Lebby lets him give the appearance of preparing for Texsa rematch if OU makes title game.

I'm holding on until the end

Tater
11-24-2023, 10:40 PM

Me too. Lane Kiffin could be at College Station and Lebby could be at Oxford this time next week. That's what I hope and I hope we're just driving the price up for OM.

But I'm an eternal optimist and know that's just a fantasy.

confucius say
11-24-2023, 10:50 PM
If ok state wins tomorrow, they go to the big 12 title game. If they lose, ok goes.

I expect them to win and then out comes the Lebby news.

Bothrops
11-24-2023, 10:55 PM
Lebby was my 3rd on the list last weekend. I don't know if many of the candidates have the energy for this job. Only a select number can make it work. Lebby has the potential because of his prowess on offense. Don't want a defensive guy, but the DC pick will make or break him.

PMDawg
11-24-2023, 11:01 PM

Me too. Ugh...not an exciting hire if true.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 11:01 PM
Lebby ain?t my first choice by a mile. But anyone who questions his offensive performance and play calling hasn?t watched an ou game. Period.

I disagree

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 11:03 PM
Stop reading the vocal minority on OU boards. That would be like us listening to Edward Drayton for MSU info.

Maybe you need to read my original post. I've never been on an OU message board. I live with these people. Big supporters. Not people that didn't go to school there (most of their fanbase)

confucius say
11-24-2023, 11:05 PM
Lebby was my 3rd on the list last weekend. I don't know if many of the candidates have the energy for this job. Only a select number can make it work. Lebby has the potential because of his prowess on offense. Don't want a defensive guy, but the DC pick will make or break him.

Is he high energy? He looks fat and slow moving in the pictures I've seen. But I will say that in the presser today he looked like he has lost some weight. Certainly needed to.

Thick
11-24-2023, 11:07 PM
This is crazy, but what Tater said earlier about OU?s donors not liking Lebby?s FIL wearing OU swag and being on the sidelines is what I was told today as well. A good bulldog that knows a lawyer (OU grad) said exactly what Tater said?..big donors want Lebby gone bc of Briles attendance at OU events. I look at a little differently, Lebby is not guilty of anything but being the SIL of Briles. We need a great offensive mind with southern recruiting relationships. Lebby?s not the culprit here, right now he?s an innocent victim of someone else?s mistake. I totally understand people having concerns, but didn?t Dan also bang the female that Cannizzaro was banging too. Plus, she went to UF as well? We have no idea who is really been offered much less who has secretly accepted the position.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-24-2023, 11:09 PM
It?s simple. Lebby chose to piss off the AD instead of his wife. That?s it.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 11:16 PM

Start to leak? And 48 hours before an official news break? If it's lebby, it's already leaked. And no, that's not how this timeline works.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 11:18 PM
This is crazy, but what Tater said earlier about OU?s donors not liking Lebby?s FIL wearing OU swag and being on the sidelines is what I was told today as well. A good bulldog that knows a lawyer (OU grad) said exactly what Tater said?..big donors want Lebby gone bc of Briles attendance at OU events. I look at a little differently, Lebby is not guilty of anything but being the SIL of Briles. We need a great offensive mind with southern recruiting relationships. Lebby?s not the culprit here, right now he?s an innocent victim of someone else?s mistake. I totally understand people having concerns, but didn?t Dan also bang the female that Cannizzaro was banging too. Plus, she went to UF as well? We have no idea who is really been offered much less who has secretly accepted the position.

Big donors want him gone because of 2 Ls on the schedule. I heard it from the horses mouths - they don't give a crap about Briles. Winning. It's all about winning.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 11:20 PM
It?s simple. Lebby chose to piss off the AD instead of his wife. That?s it.
No - it's not. When you work for someone or an organization, there is a level of professionalism you adhere to. When you publicly undercut that, respect is lost. I personally don't want an individual with that lack of awareness or professionalism leading our football team.

Maverick91
11-24-2023, 11:25 PM
His wife is Art Briles daughter. When your employer doesn't want your father in law hanging around it can make things tense back at the house.

Thank you! Understand now.

Joebob
11-24-2023, 11:26 PM
Is he high energy? He looks fat and slow moving in the pictures I've seen. But I will say that in the presser today he looked like he has lost some weight. Certainly needed to.

Reminds me of JoMo in that regard.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2023, 11:40 PM

That OK offense is top 7. That defense is shit. They don't hate Lebby, the AD does for showing him up. The AD thinks he runs college football too but he doesn't.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-24-2023, 11:44 PM
Exactly Cooter. Their HC is a defensive coach and I saw a sieve out there today while Lebby put up 60+

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 11:47 PM
That OK offense is top 7. That defense is shit. They don't hate Lebby, the AD does for showing him up. The AD thinks he runs college football too but he doesn't.

You can believe what you want, but regardless of facts, rankings or whatever else, the fanbase here sees Lebby as the issue. Go watch the games they lost and you might see what they all do. I'm not quoting one or two fans here.

sandjunky
11-25-2023, 09:43 AM
You can believe what you want, but regardless of facts, rankings or whatever else, the fanbase here sees Lebby as the issue. Go watch the games they lost and you might see what they all do. I'm not quoting one or two fans here.

Maybe their HC meddled in those 2 losses

Mjoelner34
11-25-2023, 09:45 AM
If ok state wins tomorrow, they go to the big 12 title game. If they lose, ok goes.

I expect them to win and then out comes the Lebby news.

That's what I'm expecting/hoping for too.

Catfish
11-25-2023, 09:48 AM
Big donors want him gone because of 2 Ls on the schedule. I heard it from the horses mouths - they don't give a crap about Briles. Winning. It's all about winning.

I'll gladly take a 10-2 season.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 10:42 AM

The defense gave up 38 points and 27 points? He scored 33 and 24 points. The dude did his job. You know who didn?t? Venables.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 11:12 AM
The defense gave up 38 points and 27 points? He scored 33 and 24 points. The dude did his job. You know who didn?t? Venables.

I agree with you. I think the Briles controversy push the fans to be more negative on offensive performance that wasn't 40 points, when there are games like that for most teams every year. Washington only scored 15 points vs AZ St and 22 vs Oregon St but they won so there you go

Cowbell
11-25-2023, 12:00 PM

Look - I'm not defending anyone in this - I don't care. I'm just telling you what the Big OU supporters think and this is a consensus. Regardless of Logic. I also think they may be the most annoying and unrealistic fanbase in all of college football.

Catfish
11-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Look - I'm not defending anyone in this - I don't care. I'm just telling you what the Big OU supporters think and this is a consensus. Regardless of Logic. I also think they may be the most annoying and unrealistic fanbase in all of college football.

I call BS. You started the same kind of crap when Leach was hired.

Cowbell
11-25-2023, 12:04 PM
I personally feel like this is a move by Selmon to help get Lebby a job and to help his OU family out so he's used as the smokescreen for our job. That's the only thing that makes sense. If not, I assume Selmon and Lebby hit it off when he was hired as OC there and Selmon has always had him in mind.

1bigdawg
11-25-2023, 12:33 PM

I live in Texas and am absolutely positive that the UT supporters make OU supporters seem blase'. They believe they are better than everyone and should be anointed in all things.

Tater
11-25-2023, 12:33 PM
I call BS. You started the same kind of crap when Leach was hired.

He speaks the truth. On every account. Well I can't say the last line out loud. And he didn't start this narrative. I've been saying it on here because it's the truth since we fired Arnett and his name was mentioned.

Some people on here don't understand that there are about 10 programs that want the #1 spot or you're fired. They also are GREAT at spinning narrative even if that's not their true motivation. Very selective in applying their morals but can be fire and brimstone if needed.