11-24-2023, 03:39 PM
This could have been in the works before Arkansas or earlier

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 03:39 PM
Its Lebby

Let?s ride!

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-24-2023, 03:41 PM
Get a staff and hit the portal. First, call Zavion and Creed and tell them to get ready to score

FISHDAWG
11-24-2023, 03:41 PM
Its Lebby

I'm good with it... let the rebirth and healing begin

Catfish
11-24-2023, 03:42 PM
I'm good with it... let the rebirth and healing begin

This

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 03:43 PM
Get a staff and hit the portal. First, call Zavion and Creed and tell them to get ready to score

?Y?all got your ring sizes??

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2023, 03:45 PM
And you can prolly bet on Art Briles being around. Probably have a role.

And we will all be glad of it if it helps score points.

DEDawg
11-24-2023, 03:45 PM
Not my first pick, but if true I like it. He will do what Kiffin has done at Ole Miss where he prioritizes a star transfer QB every 2 years over everything else then uses the portal wisely. Only question with him is can we handle HC responsibilities and running a program. No worries about our offense, and D historically takes care of itself here due to our fertile defense recruiting backyard. Lets get it

confucius say
11-24-2023, 03:46 PM
Bo bounds going to be pissed

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2023, 03:47 PM
Not my first pick, but if true I like it. He will do what Kiffin has done at Ole Miss where he prioritizes a star transfer QB every 2 years over everything else then uses the portal wisely. Only question with him is can we handle HC responsibilities and running a program. No worries about our offense, and D historically takes care of itself here due to our fertile defense recruiting backyard. Lets get it

I will not worry about the offense when I see it. It is not the slam dunk you think it is.

Msujd164
11-24-2023, 03:48 PM
Very possible 5 star QB Jackson Arnold May come with him.

civildawg
So much for HC experience

Quaoarsking
And you can prolly bet on Art Briles being around. Probably have a role.

And we will all be glad of it if it helps score points.

No way in Hell Art Briles is around anything. That's definitely a fireable offense on both Selmon and Keenum if they happens.

TrapGame
If he puts together a good staff I'll give him a chance just like every other coach.

Hail State!

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2023, 03:49 PM
No way in Hell Art Briles is around anything. That's definitely a fireable offense on both Selmon and Keenum if they happens.

Well

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 03:50 PM
Very possible 5 star QB Jackson Arnold May come with him.

Better watch it. I was called a moron for thinking this by homiedawg

DEDawg
I will not worry about the offense when I see it. It is not the slam dunk you think it is.

Nah, after this past year anything is an improvement. 5-7 in the SEC in scoring O next year would be exceptional but just show me improvement year 1

662dawg

Creed could be our Drake Stoops, Oklahoma's go to receiver & Bob Stoops son. Stoops was a low 3* 83 rating. Creed has much better potential. Just get someone to throw them the ball.

KOdawg1
11-24-2023, 03:51 PM
Let's go! Time to be good on offense for once.

And no, Art Briles won't be involved with our program. That's not to say he won't be at DWS for some games or Lebby will call him for advice and shit, but he won't be in the football facility.

Dawgface
11-24-2023, 03:52 PM

It should be. But who knows.

Quaoarsking
11-24-2023, 03:52 PM

And no, Art Briles won't be involved with our program. That's not to say he won't be at DWS for some games or Lebby will call him for advice and shit, but he won't be in the football facility.

Hopefully this is true and we can all be happy with the situation

KOdawg1
11-24-2023, 03:53 PM
Hopefully this is true and we can all be happy with the situation

Selmon isn't a moron. They've discussed this.

Homedawg
11-24-2023, 03:53 PM
Better watch it. I was called a moron for thinking this by homiedawg

I was referring to Gabriel!!! I stopped reading your ignorant post after that.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2023, 03:54 PM

Welllllll

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 03:54 PM
I was referring to Gabriel!!! I stopped reading your ignorant post after that.

Oooo. Sensitive baby.

HancockCountyDog
11-24-2023, 04:03 PM
Clearly a fall back option after all the talk of needing a HC after the last two coordinators were flops.

I will get on board, but Im not thrilled today.

Msujd164
11-24-2023, 04:06 PM
Simple. One poster said Lebby would be in town tonight. Someone check for any incoming flights from Oklahoma this afternoon.

Percho
11-24-2023, 04:07 PM

That is how God felt about David until he sent is Son who was also the son of David.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2023, 04:08 PM
Simple. One poster said Lebby would be in town tonight. Someone check for any incoming flights from Oklahoma this afternoon.

Hes already been here.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2023, 04:08 PM
Clearly a fall back option after all the talk of needing a HC after the last two coordinators were flops.

I am not exactly thrilled either.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 04:10 PM
Hes already been here.

What? He just finished coaching todays game?

EdwardDrayton
11-24-2023, 04:11 PM

I mean, what choice do we have. But if true it's a disappointing hire and not what we had hoped from our new AD. And we had given him a pass on Lemo already.

vindastra

Assuming this is true, then Selmon must have seen something in Lebby that was not in Odom, Fritz, Sumrall?

BuckyIsAB****
What? He just finished coaching todays game?

Not today. I meant earlier. He has already interviewed

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2023, 04:13 PM
I mean, what choice do we have. But if true it's a disappointing hire and not what we had hoped from our new AD. And we had given him a pass on Lemo already.

We dont know how hard we swung at who, or how far Lebby was down on the list. But it is definitely disappointing to me and extremely predictable

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 04:13 PM
Not today. I meant earlier. He has already interviewed

Gotcha. He didn't come here to interview though.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 04:14 PM
Assuming this is true, then Selmon must have seen something in Lebby that was not in Odom, Fritz, Sumrall?

Sumrall was ahead of Lebby. He killed the interview. The non compete was an issue for him. He may have come back to us...too little too late???

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 04:15 PM

Let's just stay away from the Art Briles narrative. Time to pull in the same direction.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 04:15 PM

Lol

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2023, 04:16 PM
Sumrall was ahead of Lebby. He killed the interview. The non compete was an issue for him. He may have come back to us...too little too late???
What does non compete mean

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 04:16 PM

This is a major endorsement for Lebby!

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 04:17 PM

I know of 2 other coaches who killed the interview: Ricky Ray and Joe Moorhead. Throw Barbay in there too. Thank goodness we didn't hire a coach from the Sunbelt. This is big boy football.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 04:18 PM
What does non compete mean

We needed a non compete to keep him from bolting to KY too quickly. Stoops is heavily rumored to get the Iowa job soon when Frentz retires. Sumrall, right now, would be KY top target. We can't have another coach search in a year or two.

Msujd164
Hes already been here.

McCready said he will be in tonight after their game. If he has already been here, and is back tonight, then it is him. Thus, why I said for someone bc to check for an incoming Oklahoma flight

KOdawg1
Welllllll

Lol man, Art Briles isn't going to have a designated role in our football program. It's not gonna happen.

Now, he might be an advisor to his son in law, but he won't be seen doing it.

BigDawg81
11-24-2023, 04:19 PM
According to Steve, if Lebby does get the job, some of the staffers are interested to join Lebby. Of courses, Steve does not have sources. His source is the Oklahoma beat writers who believe Lebby is getting the State job.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2023, 04:19 PM
We needed a non compete to keep him from bolting to KY too quickly. Stoops is heavily rumored to get the Iowa job soon when Frentz retires. Sumrall, right now, would be KY top target. We can't have another coach search in a year or two.

Oh ok. If you are comfortable, who were/are (maybe) the top targets you heard? Just out of curiosity. Comparing notes haha

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 04:20 PM
We dont know how hard we swung at who, or how far Lebby was down on the list. But it is definitely disappointing to me and extremely predictable

It's soooo predictable. It's the most mittittippi tate thing ever. It's not surprising if true, but disappointing. I'll support the decision once I get over the letdown.

BuckyIsAB****
Lol man, Art Briles isn't going to have a designated role in our football program. It's not gonna happen.

Now you are understanding what I was saying

HancockCountyDog
According to Steve, if Lebby does get the job, some of the staffers are interested to join Lebby. Of courses, Steve does not have sources. His source is the Oklahoma beat writers who believe Lebby is getting the State job.

Yeah - that is always the case when an OC becomes the HC. A RB coach wants a title upgrade to Co-OC. I'm not thrilled with that idea, but at the end of the day you will have to trust the new HC with assistant coach hires.

EdwardDrayton
11-24-2023, 04:21 PM
This is a major endorsement for Lebby!

Maybe stay in your lane, stick to hoops and let the grownups talk.

CoachT14
I know of 2 other coaches who killed the interview: Ricky Ray and Joe Moorhead. Throw Barbay in there too. Thank goodness we didn't hire a coach from the Sunbelt. This is big boy football.

Yeah. Sumrall will be a disaster wherever someone takes a chance on him. I?ll eat my crow if I?m wrong. But when you look into that record and see the actual meat. It?s a house on quick sand. He will win 6-7 games next year and start falling off a cliff. Chip Lindsey?s guys will eventually run out eligibility.

Really Clark?

Mullen also blew out his interview. I'm just stating what I was told. We were impressed with his interview and more importantly his plan, that he moved to the near top of the list. I was also told that if we could get a deal in place for Elko, that is where I was told we were like to go. Even this morning but a lot of chatter about Lebby picked up...so here we are.

BuckyIsAB****
But if it does happen, and Briles is seen being involved sign me up. Makes the hire better in my opinion.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 04:23 PM
It's soooo predictable. It's the most mittittippi tate thing ever. It's not surprising if true, but disappointing. I'll support the decision once I get over the letdown.

He just scored 62 points on live television. We are going to have an elite offense. And he?s going to hire a good DC with his connections. Imagine Dino Babers will be on staff as AHC/RB or something along those lines for him to lean on.

EdwardDrayton
11-24-2023, 04:23 PM

It's like 7 said. Bet the backup options as a State fan and make money.

EdwardDrayton
11-24-2023, 04:24 PM
He just scored 62 points on live television. We are going to have an elite offense. And he?s going to hire a good DC with his connections. Imagine Dino Babers will be on staff as AHC/RB or something along those lines for him to lean on.

So hire him as OC. No problem.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 04:24 PM
Oh ok. If you are comfortable, who were/are (maybe) the top targets you heard? Just out of curiosity. Comparing notes haha

See below but originally days ago I was told it was Fritz and Lebby with Lebby as a fall back. Fritz fell off pretty quick but Lebby was always the fall back.

Dawgface
11-24-2023, 04:25 PM
But if it does happen, and Briles is seen being involved sign me up. Makes the hire better in my opinion.

Wow. Smh...

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 04:26 PM
See below but originally days ago I was told it was Fritz and Lebby with Lebby as a fall back. Fritz fell off pretty quick but Lebby was always the fall back.

Why did Fritz fall off?

662dawg
11-24-2023, 04:26 PM

No way in hell Sumrall was the guy we wanted. Not a chance. I know why Bucky would have liked it because Will could have probably stayed & the offense continue being boring as hell under him. Lebby being the guy is probably why we're getting reports this morning that Will is hitting the portal.

I'm gonna go out on a limb & say Lebby agreed weeks ago & everything else has been a formality.

662dawg
11-24-2023, 04:27 PM

They're being ridiculous. It seems personal with Bucky but we can't help Will can only run a pure air raid, which doesn't really exist anywhere anymore without Coach Leach... Or maybe a pro style mostly running offense which we can't recruit well enough to run & is boring as hell.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 04:29 PM
So hire him as OC. No problem.

Lol

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 04:30 PM
Why did Fritz fall off?

He?s 64 year old and sucked without an NFL QB.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 04:31 PM
Why did Fritz fall off?

Don't know other than they like Sumrall better. Fritz would consider Houston as well, his daughter and grand kids live there.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2023, 04:32 PM
No way in hell Sumrall was the guy we wanted. Not a chance. I know why Bucky would have liked it because Will could have probably stayed & the offense continue being boring as hell under him. Lebby being the guy is probably why we're getting reports this morning that Will is hitting the portal.

I'm gonna go out on a limb & say Lebby agreed weeks ago & everything else has been a formality.

Haha ok. Fat L here

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 04:32 PM

Believe what you want, doesn't mean anything to me. But we absolutely did not have anything agreed upon with Lebby weeks ago. Didn't happen at all.

BuckyIsAB****
11-24-2023, 04:33 PM
They're being ridiculous. It seems personal with Bucky but we can't help Will can only run a pure air raid, which doesn't really exist anywhere anymore without Coach Leach... Or maybe a pro style mostly running offense which we can't recruit well enough to run & is boring as hell.

Why would I have a personal problem with Lebby? The ceiling is extremely high but the floor could be Arnett again

662dawg
11-24-2023, 04:40 PM
Why would I have a personal problem with Lebby? The ceiling is extremely high but the floor could be Arnett again

The floor is not Arnett. We will score at least some points & always a have a tough hard nosed quarterback not afraid to get hit. We will average more than 10-12 points per game against SEC teams. That I can guarantee.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-24-2023, 04:40 PM
Fritz supposedly wants the Houston job that is likely to open. His daughter lives there.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 04:44 PM

The floor is way higher than Arnett. His staff will dwarf this one in coaching abilities.

HancockCountyDog
11-24-2023, 04:44 PM
Believe what you want, doesn't mean anything to me. But we absolutely did not have anything agreed upon with Lebby weeks ago. Didn't happen at all.

It is pretty clear to me that Selmon always knew he could fall back and land Lebby. It is a home run move for Lebby. He goes from coordinator to SEC head coach and probably a 20 million guarantee. No brainer for him.

662dawg
11-24-2023, 04:46 PM

Looking back at the whole situation, I believe Lebby has been the guy Selmon wanted all along. I believe everything else was a smoke screen & the "rumors" we were getting were from sources of coaches reaching out to State. Of course there were other interviews... That's how it works.

If it's not Lebby then I'll eat crow, but that's what I believe. It was all just to perfect of a storm & the Selmon/Oklahoma/Lebby/already knows the state of Mississippi connection. Just too perfect to pass up.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 04:50 PM
Looking back at the whole situation, I believe Lebby has been the guy Selmon wanted all along. I believe everything else was a smoke screen & the "rumors" we were getting were from sources of coaches reaching out to State. Of course there were other interviews... That's how it works.

If it's not Lebby then I'll eat crow, but that's what I believe. It was all just to perfect of a storm & the Selmon/Oklahoma/Lebby/already knows the state of Mississippi connection. Just too perfect to pass up.

You don't smoke screen a coordinator hire. We had face to face with multiple coaches before Lebby, we reached out to them. Odom was the one that pushed hard to get into the door with us. Now did Selmon believe that Lebby may end up being the best guy or a good option in the end? Sure that's possible. But we didn't smoke screen with these other coaches to hire Lebby, someone that from the beginning was a known target.

CadaverDawg
11-24-2023, 04:51 PM
4 years, 6 mil per year for Lebby. That what y'all are hearing?

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 04:52 PM

That was from the post from Neal McCready earlier this morning.

HancockCountyDog
11-24-2023, 04:53 PM

Damn - big payday for Lebby if true.

662dawg
11-24-2023, 04:53 PM
You don't smoke screen a coordinator hire. We had face to face with multiple coaches before Lebby, we reached out to them. Odom was the one that pushed hard to get into the door with us. Now did Selmon believe that Lebby may end up being the best guy or a good option in the end? Sure that's possible. But we didn't smoke screen with these other coaches to hire Lebby, someone that from the beginning was a known target.

Well maybe smokescreen wasn't the best way to word it, but having other interviews was always going to happen. I stick to my belief that Zac has wanted Lebby since Arnett was let go.

mo7888
11-24-2023, 04:54 PM

I like Lebby, but he wasn't the favorite the whole time. That's a hard narrative to get behind. There's no way he was above Lashlee or Chadwell.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 04:54 PM

For a damn coordinator that's never been a head coach. How y'all liking Selmon right now?

You think he'll be able to fire his buddy he brought with him?

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 04:57 PM
For a damn coordinator that's never been a head coach. How y'all liking Selmon right now?

I have a hard time seeing $6 MIL for Lebby. Outside of Napier recently, everyone else has been hired at $2.75-$4.5 MIL to start in the SEC.

Todd4State
11-24-2023, 05:01 PM
I have a hard time seeing $6 MIL for Lebby. Outside of Napier recently, everyone else has been hired at $2.75-$4.5 MIL to start in the SEC.

That salary could allow us to overspend on a DC.

662dawg
11-24-2023, 05:01 PM
I like Lebby, but he wasn'rhit the favorite the whole time. That's a hard narrative to get behind. There's no way he was above Lashlee or Chadwell.

I disagree. He's arguably a better offensive mind than both of them, although they're both great. At least on par with them. And the connections made more sense along with Lebby recruiting in Mississippi just a few years ago so he already has relationships.

Lebby is really no higher risk than either of those guys. Lashlee was just a coordinator like two years ago? All three would be judged on how well they put a defensive staff together.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 05:02 PM

Pretty sure it?ll be somewhere around 4-4.5 million. That was false info

TrapGame
11-24-2023, 05:05 PM
I disagree. He's arguably a better offensive mind than both of them, although they're both great. At least on par with them. And the connections made more sense along with Lebby recruiting in Mississippi just a few years ago so he already has relationships.

Lebby is really no higher risk than either of those guys. Lashlee was just a coordinator like two years ago? All three would be judged on how well they put a defensive staff together.

I'd feel better about Lebby if he puts together a good staff. He's got the offensive mind. Now can he run the show.

CadaverDawg
11-24-2023, 05:07 PM
That was from the post from Neal McCready earlier this morning.

McReady?? Probably fake news then

civildawg
11-24-2023, 05:08 PM
All I have to say if it is Lebby, that our beat writers have ZERO sources. On3 posters have better info than Paul. He's been way behind on this search and I won't be renewing after my trial month

Commercecomet24
11-24-2023, 05:09 PM

Yeah this. 100%

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 05:09 PM
I'd feel better about Lebby if he puts together a good staff. He's got the offensive mind. Now can he run the show.

Possible Lebby Staff:

Offensive Staff:
OC/QB - Kendall Briles (maybe)
If not:
Co-OC/TE- Joe Jon Finley
Co-OC/QB - Jon David Baker
(One of the 2 above would not be on staff if Briles comes, Baker is current PGC/TE coach at Ole Miss)
OL - Randy Clements or Jake Thornton
WR - Bump or L?Damian Washington or Tucker (below)
RB - Anthony Tucker or Dino Babers

Defensive Staff:
DC/LB - DJ Durkin or Corey Batoon or Shiel Wood (most of his connections are Durkin. But he has some faint ones with the other 2)
DL - David Turner
Co-DC/OLB/STC - Coleman Hutzler
CB - T-Buck
S - J-Wash

662dawg
11-24-2023, 05:10 PM

Word is he's very liked among his peers and that will help him put a good staff together. I've also heard he's been reaching out to people he knows well for a few weeks which is one reason I said I think he was always Zac's choice.

SPDawgs
11-24-2023, 05:10 PM
McCready said he will be in tonight after their game. If he has already been here, and is back tonight, then it is him. Thus, why I said for someone bc to check for an incoming Oklahoma flight

Just checked there are no flights coming to golden triangle as of now. Unless for some reason they land somewhere else

mo7888
11-24-2023, 05:15 PM

2 years is a lifetine in college football...

662dawg
11-24-2023, 05:16 PM
Possible Lebby Staff:

Offensive Staff:
If not:
Co-OC/TE- Joe Jon Finley
(One of the 2 above would not be on staff if Briles comes, Baker is current PGC/TE coach at Ole Miss)

Defensive Staff:
DC/LB - DJ Durkin or Corey Batoon or Shiel Wood (most of his connections are Durkin. But he has some faint ones with the other 2)
DL - David Turner
CB - T-Buck
S - J-Wash

I can't see Briles coming because I think Lebby will want to call his own plays & I can't see Briles not wanting to call plays, but man putting those two offensive minds together is a dream come true lol.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 05:19 PM
I can't see Briles coming because I think Lebby will want to call his own plays & I can't see Briles not wanting to call plays, but man putting those two offensive minds together is a dream come true lol.

Yeah it?s more likely he splits the OC position for title and pay.

Todd4State
11-24-2023, 05:24 PM
Yeah it?s more likely he splits the OC position for title and pay.

Maybe he brings Seth Littrell?

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 05:27 PM

I?ve seen him mentioned.

Imagine he?d be Co-OC/RB here. But I wouldn?t be shocked if he?s offered the OC role at Oklahoma

Catfish
11-24-2023, 05:29 PM
I?ve seen him mentioned.

Imagine he?d be Co-OC/RB here. But I wouldn?t be shocked if he?s offered the OC role at Oklahoma

Yes!

Homedawg
11-24-2023, 05:30 PM

Duplicate

Homedawg
11-24-2023, 05:31 PM

If we pay a first time head coach 6 mil a year then Zs is playing checkers

confucius say
11-24-2023, 05:32 PM
No way we pay him 6 million a year.
If it's over 4.5 I would be surprised and disappointed. Should be 4

Homedawg
11-24-2023, 05:33 PM
Just checked there are no flights coming to golden triangle as of now. Unless for some reason they land somewhere else
He won't come to golden triangle he will come to Bryan field

Commercecomet24
11-24-2023, 05:33 PM

Yeah if that happens, then zac ain't very bright

BankerDog
11-24-2023, 05:35 PM
Possible Lebby Staff:

Offensive Staff:
If not:
Co-OC/TE- Joe Jon Finley

Defensive Staff:
DL - David Turner
CB - T-Buck
S - J-Wash

Switch Turner for Bo Davis and no on TBuck. In effective recruiter and I was never impressed with his DB play here. I?d look at Christian Robinson as well

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 05:35 PM

If Lebby and Matt Wells both leave he very well may get the OK OC job

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 05:36 PM

Agreed. I mean who are we bidding against? Nobody. Give him $3-4.5 MIL, I can see that.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 05:39 PM
Switch Turner for Bo Davis and no on TBuck. In effective recruiter and I was never impressed with his DB play here. I?d look at Christian Robinson as well

I?d take Bo in a heartbeat. But I?d be shocked if he would come. And him and Lebby don?t have a prior relationship to my knowledge.

I?m good with changing J-Wash and T-Buck. That?s the only spot on staff I?d worry about his hires with. His connections kind of run thin there. At least good ones anyway.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 05:41 PM
If Lebby and Matt Wells both leave he very well may get the OK OC job

Clark with Lebby or just leaving in general?

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Clark with Lebby or just leaving in general?

Leaving for another job, he may get a lower level HC job or something else. I don't hear anything really with him coming with Lebby

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 05:48 PM
Leaving for another job, he may get a lower level HC job or something else. I don't hear anything really with him coming with Lebby

I?d heard some off the field guys might come. But he wasn?t mentioned to me. So wasn?t sure.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 05:55 PM
It's not a done deal yet. We are still having conversations with other coaches. Lebby has the most smoke for sure though and it may just be finals calls to finish out the process.

Turfdawg67
11-24-2023, 05:57 PM
Blah

662dawg
11-24-2023, 05:59 PM
It's not a done deal yet. We are still having conversations with other coaches. Lebby has the most smoke for sure though and it may just be finals calls to finish out the process.

Are you getting this from Steve because you're repeating exactly what he's saying in multiple posts? I don't believe it. I like Steve but I don't believe he knows anything about this search. His sources seem bad here. Robbie feels like it's Lebby too.

BankerDog
11-24-2023, 05:59 PM
I?d take Bo in a heartbeat. But I?d be shocked if he would come. And him and Lebby don?t have a prior relationship to my knowledge.

I?m good with changing J-Wash and T-Buck. That?s the only spot on staff I?d worry about his hires with. His connections kind of run thin there. At least good ones anyway.

I?d love to find a way to keep JW. He is an excellent recruiter and where this world of portal takes us, you?ll need guys evaluating other teams for potential players, etc on top of analyst. Is truly going to be a mini NFL where the guys with the ?best GMs? will win.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 06:01 PM
I?d love to find a way to keep JW. He is an excellent recruiter and where this world of portal takes us, you?ll need guys evaluating other teams for potential players, etc on top of analyst. Is truly going to be a mini NFL where the guys with the ?best GMs? will win.

I?m a big J-Wash fan. He?s a great recruiter. But I know some of our fans don?t care for him for some reason.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 06:05 PM
Are you getting this from Steve because you're repeating exactly what he's saying in multiple posts? I don't believe it. I like Steve but I don't believe he knows anything about this search. Robbie feels like it's Lebby too.

Don't know what Steve is saying. Others have said I've had different takes than him throughout the process. Maybe it's because it at the end and things being told start coinciding? I don't know. I've laid out who, what, when as I know over the week. I know I was told and stated that Elko was in play earlier in the week, even this morning and stated that to poster this morning a message. Looks like I missed that for sure.

662dawg
11-24-2023, 06:09 PM
Don't know what Steve is saying. Others have said I've had different takes than him throughout the process. Maybe it's because it at the end and things being told start coinciding? I don't know. I've laid out who, what, when as I know over the week. I know I was told and stated that Elko was in play earlier in the week, even this morning and stated that to poster this morning a message. Looks like I missed that for sure.

No y'all are the only two saying the things y'all are saying and it's literally almost word for word the same lol. maybe y'all just have the same bad source on this. I don't know.

Homedawg
11-24-2023, 06:15 PM
Agreed. I mean who are we bidding against? Nobody. Give him $3-4.5 MIL, I can see that.

That's fair. And remember first year he wins, if he does , we gonna have to pony up a raise.

Homedawg
11-24-2023, 06:17 PM
Are you getting this from Steve because you're repeating exactly what he's saying in multiple posts? I don't believe it. I like Steve but I don't believe he knows anything about this search. His sources seem bad here. Robbie feels like it's Lebby too.

He's not getting crap from Steve.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 06:17 PM
No y'all are the only two saying the things y'all are saying and it's literally almost word for word the same lol. maybe y'all just have the same bad source on this. I don't know.

Has anyone really come out say it's officially a done deal? But it's definitely possible where I'm getting it from is the same as him. Can't speak on that. I mean I've had more than one tell me it's Lebby for sure but I have a really good course that's usually spot on told me to hold up, we still talking to other coaches. Don't know who though.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 06:19 PM
That's fair. And remember first year he wins, if he does , we gonna have to pony up a raise.

Yeah, we have to leave room to raise someone at that level a good bit if they perform like we want.

Todd4State
11-24-2023, 06:19 PM

Here are my MSU message board rumor mill rankings for this search.

1. Really Clark/Homedawg/Cooterpoot
2. Rosebowl
3. Paul Jones

662dawg
11-24-2023, 06:25 PM
He's not getting crap from Steve.

They're literally typing almost word for word. Lmao

If it ain't coming from Steve he's got the same bad source on this search.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2023, 06:25 PM

2. Rosebowl
3. Paul Jones

That's accurate with 2 and 3 being very distant from 1

vindastra
11-24-2023, 06:26 PM

2. Rosebowl
3. Paul Jones

How dare you miss out on Bert Stare!!!

662dawg
11-24-2023, 06:26 PM

The first on number two is quoting Steve almost word for word right now so I'd say they're at least tied with two lol. I've heard number 3 is way behind though ha.

mo7888
11-24-2023, 06:28 PM

Does anybody in the SEC make less than $6M per? Vandy coach maybe? Anyone else?

Maverick91
11-24-2023, 06:31 PM
Does anybody in the SEC make less than $6M per? Vandy coach maybe? Anyone else?

I can confirm after a very quick look at my bank account that I do not make 6mill a year.

mo7888
11-24-2023, 06:33 PM
I can confirm after a very quick look at my bank account that I do not make 6mill a year.

Lol

BankerDog
11-24-2023, 06:34 PM
I?m a big J-Wash fan. He?s a great recruiter. But I know some of our fans don?t care for him for some reason.

Probably the same ones who were telling us how great Arnett was because ?he wears jeans and boots just like you and I?. Or the ones who believe you still have to run the ball 30 times a game to win a game.

Coursesuper
11-24-2023, 06:38 PM

I would call that 1, 75 and 100 if was ranking those same folks.

parabrave
11-24-2023, 06:38 PM
The first on number two is quoting Steve almost word for word right now so I'd say they're at least tied with two lol. I've heard number 3 is way behind though ha.

Hey Really Clark did you predict MSU going to the Rose Bowl awhile back???

662dawg
11-24-2023, 06:39 PM

Hahahahahaha

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 06:41 PM
They're literally typing almost word for word. Lmao

If it ain't coming from Steve he's got the same bad source on this search.

What did he say exactly? Why do you assume it's a bad source? I'm not infallible, at all and have never said otherwise. I was off on Elko it appears for sure. Was he touting Elko earlier?

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 06:42 PM

Ha! Never but I did think we were going to be a little than we were that season.

662dawg
11-24-2023, 07:04 PM
What did he say exactly? Why do you assume it's a bad source? I'm not infallible, at all and have never said otherwise. I was off on Elko it appears for sure. Was he touting Elko earlier?

Yes on Elko. And he's saying the exact same thing about Lebby right now. I don't think he really knows anything about this search because it's been very tight lipped, which is good I suppose.

That said, my "theory" comes from gathering as much information as possible & things I'm told by my first cousin that's first cousins with a really good senior player on the team. I'll just say it'll be shocking to me if it's not Lebby. I'm not above being wrong & have been plenty of times in life, but I'll be shocked if I am this time.

TheLostDawg
11-24-2023, 07:12 PM
Yes on Elko. And he's saying the exact same thing about Lebby right now. I don't think he really knows anything about this search because it's been very tight lipped, which is good I suppose.

That said, my "theory" comes from gathering as much information as possible & things I'm told by my first cousin that's first cousins with a really good senior player on the team. I'll just say it'll be shocking to me if it's not Lebby. I'm not above being wrong & have been plenty of times in life, but I'll be shocked if I am this time.

Then why not announce it. I understand a head coach but not assistant other than it isn't final yet.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 07:13 PM
Then why not announce it. I understand a head coach but not assistant other than it isn't final yet.

Oklahoma still alive for big12 championship, maybe

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 07:13 PM

Elko earlier today? Because I was still hearing him early this morning as who we were trying to get and told that to someone this morning on here who messaged me, but that Lebby was getting a lot of smoke. Thought I was about the only one still getting Elko as of this as of this morning.

No question it's been tight lipped, I've had to say that a bunch over the last weeks.

I think it's Lebby as well just that I'm told it's not a done deal and we are having final calls. Like I said earlier that might just be normal finishing up process as well.

Todd4State
11-24-2023, 07:14 PM
How dare you miss out on Bert Stare!!!

My bad.

2. Rosebowl
3. Bert Stare
4. Paul Jones

662dawg
11-24-2023, 07:15 PM

No idea. They may be waiting until after the Texas game tonight to see wether Oklahoma plays in the championship game or not. If Texas wins tonight they will be in the championship game. They could also be waiting on one more sit down to finalize everything. I don't know. I just have my opinion.

662dawg
11-24-2023, 07:16 PM
Elko earlier today? Because I was still hearing him early this morning as who we were trying to get and told that to someone this morning on here who messaged me, but that Lebby was getting a lot of smoke. Thought I was about the only one still getting Elko as of this as of this morning.

No question it's been tight lipped, I've had to say that a bunch over the last weeks.

I think it's Lebby as well just that I'm told it's not a done deal and we are having final calls. Like I said earlier that might just be normal finishing up process as well.

I don't think Elko was ever a serious option.

Catfish
11-24-2023, 07:17 PM
I wonder who Bucky's source is.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 07:20 PM
I don't think Elko was ever a serious option.

I know we had him as a serious option and he was willing to listen enough to have an interview and deeper discussions. Now from his side...I have no clue if it was just he willing to listen and entertain, then try to leverage. I can't answer that.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 07:25 PM

We are going to announce Lebby tomorrow so it will be on the crawl all day during the Saturday games. Then Press Conference on Monday.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 07:33 PM
I know we had him as a serious option and he was willing to listen enough to have an interview and deeper discussions. Now from his side...I have no clue if it was just he willing to listen and entertain, then try to leverage. I can't answer that.

The ACC is in real danger. A&M and Mich State passed on Elko. So it made sense for him to listen to us. Big change from Durham to Starkville and Duke to MSU though.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 07:35 PM
The ACC is in real danger. A&M and Mich State passed on Elko. So it made sense for him to listen to us. Big change from Durham to Starkville and Duke to MSU though.

I agree completely.

confucius say
11-24-2023, 10:57 PM
Oklahoma still alive for big12 championship, maybe

Yep. Waiting on ok state to win tomorrow to knock ok out. Wont surprise me if it leaks before that game though.

BigDawg81
11-24-2023, 11:21 PM
Sumrall name is coming back up

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 11:22 PM

Lebby is a smokescreen and it's working to perfection it seems

BigDawg81
11-24-2023, 11:23 PM
Lebby is a smokescreen and it's working to perfection it seems I rather have Lebby

Mjoelner34
11-24-2023, 11:29 PM

Ugh... Sunbelt Billy part deux.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 11:31 PM

Get ready for a bunch of 4 win seasons and recruiting classes in the 40s/50s.

Skill guys will transfer out. Parson will be gone. No one wants to play for the same type of shitty offense we just had to watch this past year.

CadaverDawg
11-24-2023, 11:34 PM
Say No to Defensive coaches

Sumrall would be a major bummer

KOdawg1
11-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Sumrall would be a big turd in the Cheerios.

Yeah, he's won for two years in the Sun Belt, but he can't recruit, he's a defensive HC with a boring ass offense, and he'll leave us for Kentucky.

Screw that shit

Quaoarsking
11-24-2023, 11:40 PM
Troy has had 64% of their yards on passing this year for the record. Is that a "boring ass offense" ?

That's the same % as Oklahoma for the record.

bobtail bob
11-24-2023, 11:40 PM
You have to think if our administration is competent they already have their guy and he is still coaching. If they havent then things could get desperate and how you wind up with someone like Will Muschamp. I'm trying to believe that is not the case but the clock is ticking fast

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 11:42 PM
Troy has had 64% of their yards on passing this year for the record. Is that a "boring ass offense" ?

They are one of the slowest bland offenses in college football.

662dawg
11-24-2023, 11:43 PM

Steve being Steve. You might as well close the gates at the stadium if it's Sumrall because you're going to lose a lot of the fan base. Nothing exciting about that guy. Selmon isn't stupid. Unless someone higher up is going over Selmon's head & essentially cucking to the Briles stuff, it's going to be Lebby & always was going to be. Now with that said, the Mississippi State thing to do is definitely someone going over Selmon's head & cucking last minute. I'd like to believe things have changed though.

Todd4State
11-24-2023, 11:45 PM
They are one of the slowest bland offenses in college football.

And their OC was the OC for Chad Morris at Arkansas

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 11:46 PM
Steve being Steve. You might as well close the gates at the stadium if it's Sumrall because you're going to lose a lot of the fan base. Nothing exciting about that guy. Selmon isn't stupid. Unless someone higher up is going over Selmon's head & essentially cucking to the Briles stuff, it's going to be Lebby & always was going to be. Now with that said, the Mississippi State thing to do is definitely someone going over Selmon's head & cucking last minute. I'd like to believe things have changed though.

If it's Sumrall, I really am done. That would be an atrocious hire.

BigDawg81
11-24-2023, 11:53 PM
If it's Sumrall, I really am done. That would be an atrocious hire. He doesn?t excite me. At least , Lebby would make it exciting and can recruit

KOdawg1
11-24-2023, 11:54 PM

Did you really just compare Troy's offense to OU's???

One is 4th in the nation. The other is 52nd. One scored 57 offensive touchdowns this year. The other scored 37. OU almost had 1000 more yards than Troy.

Comparatively speaking, yes Troy has a boring ass offense.

662dawg
11-24-2023, 11:55 PM
If it's Sumrall, I really am done. That would be an atrocious hire.

The only way it's Sumrall is if someone went over Selmon's head. And if that happens, it will take forever for MSU football to recover. I know who Zac's guy is. I can't imagine living in a world where we hired Job 17n Sumrall to be our head coach.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 11:57 PM
The only way it's Sumrall is if someone went over Selmon's head. And if that happens, it will take forever for MSU football to recover. I know who Zac's guy is. I can't imagine living in a world where we hired Job 17n Sumrall to be our head coach.

How do you know who his guy is

662dawg
11-24-2023, 11:59 PM
How do you know who his guy is

I'm psychic.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 11:59 PM

Agree. It would be Keenum forcing it on Selmon. I could see us doing something stupid like that.

BigDawg81
11-25-2023, 12:01 AM
Agree. It would be Keenum forcing it on Selmon. I could see us doing something stupid like that. Thats the Mississippi State way. They have been doing it for years

TheLostDawg
11-25-2023, 12:06 AM
You have to think if our administration is competent they already have their guy and he is still coaching. If they havent then things could get desperate and how you wind up with someone like Will Muschamp. I'm trying to believe that is not the case but the clock is ticking fast

Again that would make sense for a head coach but not a coordinator. Who cares if a coordinator leaves. Players and coaches usually see it as something they deserve and don't look down on it. The coordinator wants it out so he can start recruiting and getting staff. Look at when Mullen came. He coached the national championship game still.

Again if it's a coordinator then things aren't final. Otherwise it's a head coach or we don't know who it is yet

Msujd164
11-25-2023, 12:15 AM
No. I have worked myself up from zero to hero about Lebby and genuinely gotten excited about having an offense after this shitastic year. I will not accept Jon fn Sumrall now

BigDawg81
11-25-2023, 12:19 AM
No. I have worked myself up from zero to hero about Lebby and genuinely gotten excited about having an offense after this shitastic year. I will not accept Jon fn Sumrall now
I could think of 3 coaches I would switch with Lebby.
1) Chadwell
2) Elko
3) Lashlee
None of those are Sumrall

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 12:24 AM

Don't forget the boosters put Arnett in charge. Sumrall is basically an experienced and successful version of that.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 12:26 AM
Thats the Mississippi State way. They have been doing it for years

I just watched some video of Troy.

It looks like Mississippi State football.

That's not a compliment.

Lots of defense. A little offense. Everything moving in slow motion taking a long time to develop.

TheLostDawg
11-25-2023, 12:29 AM
I just watched some video of Troy.

It looks like Mississippi State football.

That's not a compliment.

Lots of defense. A little offense. Everything moving in slow motion taking a long time to develop.

Not going to happen but would you do Sumrall with K Briles as OC

Bark
11-25-2023, 12:35 AM

Please not Sumrall. I'm somewhat excited about Lebby now. Chadwell would be the only one prefer over him. Sumrall would definitely be a Keenum hire.

bobcat91
11-25-2023, 12:51 AM
Rumor I heard was that Elko wanted more time to see if TAMU would double back on him and we aren't going to wait. I would be shocked if it isn't Lebby

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 12:57 AM

Yeah if he pulled Sean Lewis or Brennan Marion then I could get behind it.

His current OC sucks and has sucked in the SEC.

Maroonthirteen
11-25-2023, 06:57 AM

Hey Clark,

Did State not like the Odom interview? Is it a matter of him being a DC, that he isn't the guy? Just curious.

Thanks

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 07:28 AM
Hey Clark,

Did State not like the Odom interview? Is it a matter of him being a DC, that he isn't the guy? Just curious.

Thanks

They spoke several times but never did a face to face. I think it was just a matter of they liked other candidates better. Sumrall was very impressive and if it wasn't for the non-compete issue we would have only a Top 2, pulling a winning sitting P5 coach was the top choice if we could get a deal done and Lebby interviewed well and a great back up plan...got a top 3 with one you know will take it and you don't have to get a 4th candidate.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 07:54 AM
I give up if it is another defensive coach. So tired of this crap

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 08:06 AM
I know what some are starting to say about Sumrall but Keenum had absolutely nothing to do with him being up on our list. Selmon and others involved in the interview were sold on him being a top target after his interview Sunday before Keenum even knew. He hasn't pushed a candidate over another. I have my issues with Keenum but this hiring process has been all Selmon's. I'm still leaning Lebby this morning but there was no done deal and we were still talking with other candidates but like I said yesterday that is also done to finish the process when we get close to the end. Odom "pulled out" of the search after that.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 08:07 AM
I know what some are starting to say about Sumrall but Keenum had absolutely nothing to do with him being up on our list. Selmon and others involved in the interview were sold on him being a top target after his interview Sunday before Keenum even knew. He hasn't pushed a candidate over another. I have my issues with Keenum but this hiring process has been all Selmon's. I'm still leaning Lebby this morning but there was no done deal and we were still talking with other candidates but like I said yesterday that is also done to finish the process when we get close to the end. Odom "pulled out" of the search after that.

Fingers crossed we dont overthink this and finalize something with Lebby today

smootness
11-25-2023, 08:08 AM
Remember 2 things that are true of every coaching search:

1) No one knows everything, and basically no one knows what they either think they know or claim to know.

2) We will not know anything about how good the new coach is until at least a couple weeks into the season, no matter who it is.

These things are true every single time. Until a coach is named, do not trust anyone. And until a new coach has had a chance to actually coach games, do not make a judgment.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 08:11 AM

Won?t happen. Sumrall is playing offense exactly like he wants. Slow, methodically plodding offenses that win the TOP battle so his defense can get breathers. That?s their only job.

Sounds a lot like someone recently fired?.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 08:12 AM
Yeah if he pulled Sean Lewis or Brennan Marion then I could get behind it.

His current OC sucks and has sucked in the SEC.

We can get ourselves talked about like that and ignore reality. But that ain?t Sumrall. He ain?t going out and hiring that guy. He will bring Craddock or someone like him.

BigDawg81
11-25-2023, 08:48 AM
Like I heard somebody say, Sumrall is a Neal Brown 2.0. That is a great comparison.

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 08:59 AM
Like I heard somebody say, Sumrall is a Neal Brown 2.0. That is a great comparison.

I don't see that at all. Neal was the hot offensive guy for a number of years, Sumrall a defensive guy just getting a bigger name for himself. If it's because they both are coaches from Troy then you have too many examples both ways from coaches coming from the same school.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 09:03 AM
We can get ourselves talked about like that and ignore reality. But that ain?t Sumrall. He ain?t going out and hiring that guy. He will bring Craddock or someone like him.

Hey Art, will Lebby bring in an OC or will he coach QB's and run the offense himself? Maybe have a passing game coordinator or some bullshit like they title people these days. Asking for a friend.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 09:05 AM
Hey Art, will Lebby bring in an OC or will he coach QB's and run the offense himself? Maybe have a passing game coordinator or some bullshit like they title people these days. Asking for a friend.

Don?t get mad at me cause you can?t handle the truth bud. Sumrall is a few years more experienced Arnett.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 09:15 AM
Don?t get mad at me cause you can?t handle the truth bud. Sumrall is a few years more experienced Arnett.

Lighten up man. You sure are thin skinned about this situation.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 09:24 AM
Lighten up man. You sure are thin skinned about this situation.

I?m good. Not upset at all. Just pointing at Sumrall will be an abject disaster here.

BlackSailsDawg
11-25-2023, 09:27 AM

The man hired the OC under Chad Morris at Arkansas.

662dawg
11-25-2023, 10:14 AM
Contrary to what's being said by some on here. Selmon is NOT out of touch with the fan base... Keenum is... Which is why you're hearing Jon Sumrall's name being floated around.

the_real_MSU_is_us
11-25-2023, 10:39 AM
Smoot said it best. These hires are 70% luck, 15% coaching ability, 15% are they a good fit?

We can debate the candidates on those 2 15% metrics, but remember it's mostly luck and you don't know crap till a few games into the season.

Personally, I think an offensive guy is the best fit, and Lebby certainly has the offensive resume. On the "coaching ability", he hasn't been tested as a HC. On the "fit", he's an OC who's coached in MS and the SEC.

Seems like people are very hard on him for not having been a HC before. Meh. He's got it or he doesn't. Many HCs can win at one place and loose at another anyway.

My main concern is the contract. We need a good staff and roster and that costs $$$, we also need to be able to afford the buyout after 2-3 years of he's a disaster

confucius say
11-25-2023, 10:40 AM
Contrary to what's being said by some on here. Selmon is NOT out of touch with the fan base... Keenum is... Which is why you're hearing Jon Sumrall's name being floated around.

But it was Selmon who liked Sumrall.

Keenum isn't running the search behind closed doors.

confucius say
11-25-2023, 10:43 AM
Smoot said it best. These hires are 70% luck, 15% coaching ability, 15% are they a good fit?

We can debate the candidates on those 2 15% metrics, but remember it's mostly luck and you don't know crap till a few games into the season.

Personally, I think an offensive guy is the best fit, and Lebby certainly has the offensive resume. On the "coaching ability", he hasn't been tested as a HC. On the "fit", he's an OC who's coached in MS and the SEC.

Seems like people are very hard on him for not having been a HC before. Meh. He's got it or he doesn't. Many HCs can win at one place and loose at another anyway.

My main concern is the contract. We need a good staff and roster and that costs $$$, we also need to be able to afford the buyout after 2-3 years of he's a disaster

Hiring lebby for 4 leaves you 2-3 to hire an elite DC if you can get one to come.

If I'm lebby I take 3.5 and have money filtered to NIL instead of Bulldog Club so I can get some more players.

Catfish
11-25-2023, 10:46 AM
Hiring lebby for 4 leaves you 2-3 to hire an elite DC if you can get one to come.

If I'm lebby I take 3.5 and have money filtered to NIL instead of Bulldog Club so I can get some more players.

NIL and staff.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 10:52 AM
Talk about losing your fan base by hiring Jon Sumrall if we move towards that instead of Lebby.

We are about to lose a large portion of the fan base because they are tired of a boring stale product. And you hire a boring stale coach that won?t win here.

What a bad move that will effectively lose the fan base. No one wants Sumrall. By a large margin.

We won under Mike Leach but we were boring and stale and the fan base was waining. Sumrall ain?t going to fix that.

Kiffin will run circles around him in in-state recruiting. Much like he did with Arnett. Our skill players will transfer out because they will be in the same damn offense we may right now. They want no part of that.

662dawg
11-25-2023, 11:09 AM

Alrighty then!

smootness
11-25-2023, 12:03 PM
Boring and stale does not matter. The only thing that matters is wins.

Our best basketball coaches have been Stansbury and Jans, hardly guys who exude excitement.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 12:04 PM

Our best basketball coaches have been Stansbury and Jans, hardly guys who exude excitement.

No truer post ever. But but but.....

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 12:06 PM
Talk about losing your fan base by hiring Jon Sumrall if we move towards that instead of Lebby.

We are about to lose a large portion of the fan base because they are tired of a boring stale product. And you hire a boring stale coach that won?t win here.

What a bad move that will effectively lose the fan base. No one wants Sumrall. By a large margin.

We won under Mike Leach but we were boring and stale and the fan base was waining. Sumrall ain?t going to fix that.

Kiffin will run circles around him in in-state recruiting. Much like he did with Arnett. Our skill players will transfer out because they will be in the same damn offense we may right now. They want no part of that.

If we lose people like you bc you pout and don't get "your" guy then so be it. Hire the best coach. That's what ZA is getting paid to do. I trust he will do what he can to do that.

PMDawg
11-25-2023, 12:14 PM
If we're down to Lebby and Sumrall, then that's sad. That screams we got turned down by our top 6 to 8 targets.

smootness
11-25-2023, 12:17 PM
Nobody. Knows. Anything.

Tough Dawg
11-25-2023, 12:18 PM
Read more. Post less.

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 12:19 PM
If we're down to Lebby and Sumrall, then that's sad. That screams we got turned down by our top 6 to 8 targets.

Not really.

Lebby is our number 1 coordinator target.

We could hire head coaches like Odom, Sumrall, Fritz, etc

Klieman and Leipold were always going to be tough. Elko has listened. Who else did you expect.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 12:24 PM

Nobody here except maybe Clark knows that. For all you know Lebby was always first choice. What this board wants does not necessarily equal the decision makers process

HancockCountyDog
11-25-2023, 12:24 PM
Not really.

Klieman and Leipold were always going to be tough. Elko has listened. Who else did you expect.

To be honest, I'm not sure what other coordinators are really in contention. I thought you more than any other poster was talking about how our job wasn't a hard job and so dropping down to a coordinator kind of screams "hard job".

I'll get on board with Lebby, but he was way down the list when this process got started.

PMDawg
11-25-2023, 12:27 PM
Not really.

Chadwell, Leipold, Elko, Fisch, Candle, Cignetti....

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 12:29 PM
If we lose people like you bc you pout and don't get "your" guy then so be it. Hire the best coach. That's what ZA is getting paid to do. I trust he will do what he can to do that.

And ZA sucked at his job. Sumrall is a ZA clone. I could get careless if I got my job. I just don?t want Sumrall anywhere around this program.

Cowbell
11-25-2023, 12:30 PM
Nobody. Knows. Anything.

This. It's amazing what people are running with

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 12:31 PM

Howland won. And no one cared.

Jans is exciting. Lol. He engages the fans.

PMDawg
11-25-2023, 12:32 PM
Nobody here except maybe Clark knows that. For all you know Lebby was always first choice. What this board wants does not necessarily equal the decision makers process

Yeah, I guess. If a coordinator though, I would think it would be someone with some consistency, in a certain tree. Take Mullen - he was with Urban for years and years. Lebby has bounced around and has usually been under a new coach learning how to run a program. Kiffin is the exception and he only stayed 2 years there. He doesn't stay anywhere long. Idk, maybe he'll be great. If he's hired, I hope for the best.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I guess. If a coordinator though, I would think it would be someone with some consistency, in a certain tree. Take Mullen - he was with Urban for years and years. Lebby has bounced around and has usually been under a new coach learning how to run a program. Kiffin is the exception and he only stayed 2 years there. He doesn't stay anywhere long. Idk, maybe he'll be great. If he's hired, I hope for the best.

If it is a coordinator, I would hope it is someone who has been in the SEC, extra points if in Mississippi, has shown his offense works everywhere he goes like Mullen?s, and has a good relationship with someone who was a successful HC they can lean on for advice.

Sound like anyone we know?

smootness
11-25-2023, 12:44 PM
Howland won. And no one cared.

Jans is exciting. Lol. He engages the fans.

You?re insane if you think Jans excited the fanbase upon being hired.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 12:45 PM
I was extremely excited for Jans lol

smootness
11-25-2023, 12:45 PM
I'll get on board with Lebby, but he was way down the list when this process got started.

You do not know that. You only know he was down the list of people message boards mentioned.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 12:46 PM
You do not know that. You only know he was down the list of people message boards mentioned.
Bingo! Contrary to popular belief, Selmon most likely is not consulting message boards in his process.

Dawgface
11-25-2023, 12:48 PM
I was extremely excited for Jans lol

Me too.

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 12:50 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure what other coordinators are really in contention. I thought you more than any other poster was talking about how our job wasn't a hard job and so dropping down to a coordinator kind of screams "hard job".

Hiring the top offensive coordinator in the country who has a history of QB development is a coup not a settle.

Our job is a great job. If you don't believe me, just look at our last 3 ADs. They are at Alabama, Auburn and Florida.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 01:01 PM

This is not true. Our fans don't want to be the Iowa of the SEC. Iowa won 10 games this year and they're one of the biggest jokes in college football because their offense was the same as ours this year.

Imagine the Egg Bowl intro in 2025.

"High flying and exciting Ole Miss vs boring and blue collar ground and pound Mississippi State. Thursday at 6:30 on ESPN".

PMDawg
11-25-2023, 01:04 PM
Well, I liked the Joe Mo hire initially, and did not like the Leach hire. So, maybe it's a good thing if we hire someone I don't like. You never really know how things will shake out. I'm more than willing to admit that much.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 01:05 PM
This is not true. Our fans don't want to be the Iowa of the SEC. Iowa won 10 games this year and they're one of the biggest jokes in college football because their offense was the same as ours this year.

"High flying and exciting Ole Miss vs boring and blue collar ground and pound Mississippi State. Thursday at 6:30 on ESPN".

Sure you'd prefer to be putting up points. No question. But if "looking pretty" is more important than winning , we'll have to disagree. Hell in tech and ten we lost to uga 42-35 w Tony shell flinging it all over the field. That what you prefer??

Really Clark?
11-25-2023, 01:10 PM

Selmon does like Sumrall. Lebby as well. We tried to hire Briles last year as OC, the former ties to Baylor is not an issue for Lebby with us either.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 01:10 PM

Hahaha. Okay buddy.

civildawg
11-25-2023, 01:11 PM
Man it sucks about Lashlee. If he was at any other G5 besides SMU I think he would be interested

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 01:12 PM

I would love to have a boring 10 win season while everyone else laughed at us. They could laugh as they got their asses beat. I'm fine with that.

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 01:17 PM
Sure you'd prefer to be putting up points. No question. But if "looking pretty" is more important than winning , we'll have to disagree. Hell in tech and ten we lost to uga 42-35 w Tony shell flinging it all over the field. That what you prefer??

You and 34 think we suck as a program so wouldn't you prefer to at least be entertained. We are always going to win at least 4 games.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 01:23 PM
You and 34 think we suck as a program so wouldn't you prefer to at least be entertained. We are always going to win at least 4 games.

I didn't say we suck. I think it's a really hard job. History bears that out. Sorry if you disagree w that. I'll take the ten wins over looking pretty. Considering that's happened once EVER most people would be on my side.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2023, 01:24 PM
I would love to have a boring 10 win season while everyone else laughed at us. They could laugh as they got their asses beat. I'm fine with that.

Yeah, that's an odd hill to stand on. I'll take 10 SEC wins by any means necessary. Lol

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 01:24 PM

Been way more years we won't 4 or less than won ten. So I'll stick w my point. Give me wins.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 01:26 PM

I prefer winning 56-10 to 35-0. In this day and age it absolutely matters. Especially when you're trying to sell a product to fans it matters.

Let's say we lose to Alabama 45-42 then all of a sudden you have the media talking about how close we played Alabama. Compared to 40-17.

MSU's administrators don't get it and never have because they don't know how to sell anything other than baseball.

Turfdawg67
11-25-2023, 01:27 PM
Hiring the top offensive coordinator in the country who has a history of QB development is a coup not a settle.

Our job is a great job. If you don't believe me, just look at our last 3 ADs. They are at Alabama, Auburn and Florida.

Sounds like a great stepping stone.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 01:29 PM

That's only happened once for us since 1980. The issue is we win 10 games and our program still gets run down. It's just not a sustainable way for us to have major success.

Scoring as many points as possible is though. It gives us a much better chance of having a special season.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 01:31 PM
Been way more years we won't 4 or less than won ten. So I'll stick w my point. Give me wins.

You're trying to make this about wins and losses.

I'm making it wins vs wins. 10 win seasons with a high scoring offense is preferable to 10 wins with a boring offense.

BigDawg81
11-25-2023, 01:31 PM
Michigan State just hired Jonathan Smith. Hopefully, we are the next MSU that hires today.

HoopsDawg
11-25-2023, 01:38 PM

I'm making it wins vs wins. 10 win seasons with a high scoring offense is preferable to 10 wins with a boring offense.

We aren't winning 9-10 games with a boring offense so their point is moot.

Mjoelner34
11-25-2023, 01:43 PM
I'm all for 10 wins and whatever it takes to get there but what is more likely in the SEC, you win 10 by averaging 24 and giving up 20 or win 10 because you average 35 and give up 30? No matter who the coach is or what they run, there will be days where your O $hits the bed and there will be days when your D $hits the bed. The difference is, when the D gives up those points, they don't come off the board and while your O may look dead, it could awaken at any time and go off. But, you have to have an O capable of doing that. Look no further than Auburn 2021. If Mullen were the coach and we were down 28-3, there is no doubt that game would have been over in the 2nd quarter.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 01:44 PM
We aren't winning 9-10 games with a boring offense so their point is moot.

Exactly. In the Big 10 yeah. The SEC- no. The last time we pulled it off was 1999 when we had the number 1 defense in America.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 01:45 PM
Exactly. In the Big 10 yeah. The SEC- no. The last time we pulled it off was 1999 when we had the number 1 defense in America.

We had the best defense in America in ?18 and what?d that give us? 8 wins.

We aren?t going to beat the big boys playing their game. No matter how much some of our resident mouth breathers refuse to believe it. We have to do things different.

Playing slow, methodical offense and focusing on our our defense isn?t going to win games against UGA, Bama, Or Texas. Sumrall has the most talent in the Sun Belt and can beat Southern Miss, USA, and others doing that.

Todd4State
11-25-2023, 01:48 PM

We aren?t going to beat the big boys playing their game. No matter how much some of our resident mouth breathers refuse to believe it. We have to do things different.

Playing slow, methodical offense and focusing on our our defense isn?t going to win games against UGA, Bama, Or Texas. Sumrall has the most talent in the Sun Belt and can beat Southern Miss, USA, and others doing that.

Yep.

And it's Troy 14 USM 10 at the half right now. That's our future if Sumrall is hired.

DEDawg
11-25-2023, 01:49 PM

If you are trying to compare 1999 football to 2023 you have already negated whatever point you are trying to make. We have to get a modern offensive coach and move forward

Dawgface
11-25-2023, 01:52 PM
Yep.

And it's Troy 14 USM 10 at the half right now. That's our future if Sumrall is hired.

So you're thinking we will be at the same talent level as Troy if Sumrall is hired? I'm not pushing Sumrall btw.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 01:54 PM
That's only happened once for us since 1980. The issue is we win 10 games and our program still gets run down. It's just not a sustainable way for us to have major success.

Scoring as many points as possible is though. It gives us a much better chance of having a special season.

I don't care what we run as long as we win. I really don't want a boring offense. I hated the Leach AR because of how boring and predictable it was. I REALLY hated the offense this year. I just like winning. So my point was I don't care if we line up and play Iowa offense and win 8-10 games a year. I'm not a cult member like some on this board.

DownwardDawg
11-25-2023, 01:56 PM

Do you like Deon as a HC? Just curious.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 02:02 PM

Well hell yeah. It's about wins. That's my point. I don't care how we get their win. But losing and being "entertaining" will get you fired too. Last time I checked that's how it works. Winning.

CoachT14
11-25-2023, 02:04 PM
So you're thinking we will be at the same talent level as Troy if Sumrall is hired? I'm not pushing Sumrall btw.

He?s recruiting 40-50 spots worse nationally than his predecessor. And at the bottom of the Sun Belt.

We will be recruiting in the high 30s to low 50s under Sumrall.

Homedawg
11-25-2023, 02:04 PM

If all things are equal, sure everyone would take an entertaining g offense w 10 wins vs a boring one w 10. But prior to 14 the only 10 win reg season ever , we had a 10 win season in 99 counting bowl and that offense was boring as hell. But guess what they won.