PDA

View Full Version : Just No for a(nother) Defensive HC

War Machine Dawg
11-24-2023, 02:14 PM
Just for the record, again, I'm firmly against us hiring a defensive HC. In the modern game that's about outscoring opponents, defensive HCs only work at the truly elite blue blood schools or specific situations outside of that. We need to be hiring a young offensive HC. The only defensive HC I'd be ok with hiring is Bob Stoops, because he's proven he's fine winning shootouts over the years. But since that ain't happening, we better be hiring a Chadwell or Lashlee whose emphasis is on offense and scoring.

KOdawg1
11-24-2023, 02:17 PM
It's easier for us to hire and cycle quality DCs than OCs. That's why we need an offensive HC

DEDawg
11-24-2023, 02:19 PM
100% agree with you. We need a sitting P5 offensive HC. If we miss there go the best OC we can find. I know there are some great defensive coaches out there but MSU is not the right fit for them.

AFDawg
11-24-2023, 02:22 PM
In general I agree. But I'd be happy with Elko.

War Machine Dawg
11-24-2023, 02:23 PM
It's easier for us to hire and cycle quality DCs than OCs. That's why we need an offensive HC

Also an excellent point. We've had pretty good string of DCs going all the way back to JLD. Yeah, we've had a couple of duds like Sirmon & Torbush, but for the most part, we've been able to attract very good to great DCs. They're mostly interchangeable parts. Getting the offense right is way harder.

Bark
11-24-2023, 02:48 PM
Also an excellent point. We've had pretty good string of DCs going all the way back to JLD. Yeah, we've had a couple of duds like Sirmon & Torbush, but for the most part, we've been able to attract very good to great DCs. They're mostly interchangeable parts. Getting the offense right is way harder.

Agreed. The most successful run in our modern history was with a consistent high performing offense due to a proven offensive guru and quarterback developer as head coach.

preachermatt83
11-24-2023, 02:57 PM
I agree completely