PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Lebby aka Backup Option

BigDawg81
11-24-2023, 11:44 AM
Lebby is getting a lot of traction this morning. It seems like the backup option will be the next head coach at Mississippi State.

parabrave
11-24-2023, 11:50 AM
Hadad mentioned his name numerous times on his show this morning. Not saying he was to be the coach but always referring to him and nobody else when discussing the next coach or the nest coaches offensive scheme.

BigDawg81
11-24-2023, 11:51 AM
Hadad mentioned his name numerous times on his show this morning. Not saying he was to be the coach but always referring to him and nobody else when discussing the next coach or the nest coaches offensive scheme.
I heard it there too

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 11:56 AM
He was our last interview before Thanksgiving. Neal McReady was also feeding that information to OK site. He may end being the coach but it's because someone backed out. I'm still being told it's someone else, if I'm wrong I'm wrong and will own it.

confucius say
11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Would make sense that Selmon does him the solid of making lebby look like he is near the top. Will help lebby get a future job

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 11:59 AM
Hopefully not

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 12:00 PM
He was our last interview before Thanksgiving. Neal McReady was also feeding that information to OK site. He may end being the coach but it's because someone backed out. I'm still being told it's someone else, if I'm wrong I'm wrong and will own it.
We all hope you are right.

BigDawg81
11-24-2023, 12:07 PM
He was our last interview before Thanksgiving. Neal McReady was also feeding that information to OK site. He may end being the coach but it's because someone backed out. I'm still being told it's someone else, if I'm wrong I'm wrong and will own it.I am not like many on Lebby. I don?t have an opinion on Lebby either way. I hear Elko on one side and Chadwell on the other side. Candle came out late and I find that intriguing because that is what happened when Leach was hired.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 12:12 PM
I am not like many on Lebby. I don?t have an opinion on Lebby either way. I hear Elko on one side and Chadwell on the other side. Candle came out late and I find that intriguing because that is what happened when Leach was hired.

Lebby would mean either no one wanted the job or we don't want to be serious about football and wont pay anything.

sandjunky
11-24-2023, 12:13 PM
Lebby would mean either no one wanted the job or we don't want to be serious about football and wont pay anything.

And you know what Selmon is looking for in a coach?

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 12:16 PM
Lebby's a great hire. QB coach and developer. High octane offense. Has done it in the SEC, Big 12, and at UCF. Knows MS. No buyout. Don't have to break the bank. Relationship with Selmon. Has Art Briles as a mentor. It's kind of a no brainer if you can't get Leipold, Klieman, Elko, or Chadwell, which we can't.

DesotoDog1967
11-24-2023, 12:16 PM
Better pan out for Selmon. This hire will affect his career for years to come

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 12:22 PM
Lebby's a great hire. QB coach and developer. High octane offense. Has done it in the SEC, Big 12, and at UCF. Knows MS. No buyout. Don't have to break the bank. Relationship with Selmon. Has Art Briles as a mentor. It's kind of a no brainer if you can't get Leipold, Klieman, Elko, or Chadwell, which we can't.

I'll have to be ok with it if he was really the fallback plan and we couldn't get any of those others. But damn. What an underwhelming hire if this is true. We gonna get laughed at hard for this hire. Hopefully we'll have the last laugh but this proves Selmon is exactly what most of us thought he is. (If this is true)
I hope this is just another BS rumor until tomorrow.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 12:25 PM
I'll have to be ok with it if he was really the fallback plan and we couldn't get any of those others. But damn. What an underwhelming hire if this is true. We gonna get laughed at hard for this hire. Hopefully we'll have the last laugh but this proves Selmon is exactly what most of us thought he is. (If this is true)

You've definitely formed your opinion and dug in. I don't get it, but I'm not going to change your mind. The Veer and Shoot is a great system.

DesotoDog1967
11-24-2023, 12:27 PM
Who's better? Lebby or Odom?

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 12:30 PM
Who's better? Lebby or Odom?

No question in my mind Lebby is better than Odom and Sumrall.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 12:40 PM

Hahahhahahahahhahahahahhaha.

Lebby is a steal. The dude can flat out coach. He?s going to absolutely want to demolish Ole Miss.

He will bring either Dillon Gabriel and Jackson Arnold with him in the portal. He will have the offense scoring points all over the place and he?s going to hire a legit SEC staff. Not the knock off bargain bin staff that Sumrall or Odom or Fritz bring. Lebby has some of the best connections in modern football. Briles, Kiffin, Heupel.

Quaoarsking
11-24-2023, 12:46 PM

Lebby is a steal. The dude can flat out coach. He?s going to absolutely want to demolish Ole Miss.

He will bring either Dillon Gabriel and Jackson Arnold with him in the portal. He will have the offense scoring points all over the place and he?s going to hire a legit SEC staff. Not the knock off bargain bin staff that Sumrall or Odom or Fritz bring. Lebby has some of the best connections in modern football. Briles, Kiffin, Heupel.

You really think Oklahoma's starting QB is going to transfer to us? That seems far-fetched.

parabrave
11-24-2023, 12:46 PM

Main thing to ask is can he build a program because this is going to be a major rebuild.

Mjoelner34
11-24-2023, 12:57 PM

If it's Lebby, Arnold may come but Gabriel has already transferred once and I think he is a senior.

HoopsDawg
11-24-2023, 01:00 PM
Main thing to ask is can he build a program because this is going to be a major rebuild.

That we don't know. That's going to come down to the BI and the staff. Everyone has to pull in the same direction.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 01:00 PM
You really think Oklahoma's starting QB is going to transfer to us? That seems far-fetched.

The only reason Gabriel is at Oklahoma is Lebby.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 01:01 PM
If it's Lebby, Arnold may come but Gabriel has already transferred once and I think he is a senior.

Gabriel has a COViD year.

smootness
11-24-2023, 01:03 PM
The only reason Gabriel is at Oklahoma is Lebby.

Sure, but he is now at Oklahoma.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 01:06 PM
Sure, but he is now at Oklahoma.

So I know there?s a chance he comes with. Him or Arnold. One of them likely comes.

Idk it for a fact. But there?s a good shot it happens.

smootness
11-24-2023, 01:10 PM
So I know there?s a chance he comes with. Him or Arnold. One of them likely comes.

Idk it for a fact. But there?s a good shot it happens.

Arnold would be a really nice surprise. I would be shocked if Gabriel did. Gabriel was at UCF so of course he took the opportunity to be the QB at Oklahoma. He is now the QB at Oklahoma so of course it would be surprising if he left to be the QB at Mississippi State.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 01:13 PM
Arnold would be a really nice surprise. I would be shocked if Gabriel did. Gabriel was at UCF so of course he took the opportunity to be the QB at Oklahoma. He is now the QB at Oklahoma so of course it would be surprising if he left to be the QB at Mississippi State.

In a general sense I?d agree with you. But I was told by someone I trust on it that him and Gabriel are super tight and don?t put it out of the realm of possibilities.

Homedawg
11-24-2023, 01:18 PM

You are a moron aren't you. Omg.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 01:24 PM

It?s okay. You?re losing your connections to the program. Just accept it

BigDawg81
11-24-2023, 01:26 PM
35 points and not even halftime yet. Where do I sign up?

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 01:37 PM

Dude. He has connections long long before this staff and long after our next coaches have been fired / moved on. You don't know what you are talking about

HancockCountyDog
11-24-2023, 01:39 PM

I'm assuming some people think that he is going to bring half of the OU offensive team with him....

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 01:40 PM
Dude. He has connections long long before this staff and long after our next coaches have been fired / moved on. You don't know what you are talking about

I know more than you think.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 01:42 PM
I'm assuming some people think that he is going to bring half of the OU offensive team with him....

Who said half? I said either Gabriel or Arnold. I know for a fact that 1 of those 2 has a good chance of coming. Will they? Idk that for sure. But I know what I?ve been told.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 01:49 PM
I know more than you think.

Not you don't. Not with that post you don't. You are proving it more with each posts.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Not you don't. Not with that post you don't. You are proving it more with each posts.

Cool. I?m waiting on that response breaking down what?s wrong with my post. So please go ahead.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 01:56 PM
Cool. I?m waiting on that response breaking down what?s wrong with my post. So please go ahead.

Waiting on what? You are an idiot. It's pretty damn clear and I said it in my response. Can you comprehend? Your post:

"It?s okay. You?re losing your connections to the program. Just accept it"

That's your post. The fact you think Homedawg's info is strictly tied to the staff is moronic. He's had info for years prior to anyone on this staff being here and will continue to have info even after the next staff and the next staff is gone.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 02:01 PM
Waiting on what? You are an idiot. It's pretty damn clear and I said it in my response. Can you comprehend? Your post:

"It?s okay. You?re losing your connections to the program. Just accept it"

That's your post. The fact you think Homedawg's info is strictly tied to the staff is moronic. He's had info for years prior to anyone on this staff being here and will continue to have info even after the next staff and the next staff is gone.

Lol. You?re the moron. He?s in his damn feelings and you are too. It?s gonna be okay. Lebby is going to be fun to watch kill it here for the next few years.

confucius say
11-24-2023, 02:01 PM
That we don't know. That's going to come down to the BI and the staff. Everyone has to pull in the same direction.

Love his offense. My concern is whether he can run a program and be a leader of men.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 02:08 PM
Lol. You?re the moron. He?s in his damn feelings and you are too. It?s gonna be okay. Lebby is going to be fun to watch kill it here for the next few years.

What the hell does Lebby have to do with what I posted? Do you have a clue where I have him on our board? No you don't at all. I have no feelings one way or another, at all. Never have on coaching hires and many can verify that on here. You are sideways with the stupid. But keep churning out those false narratives and bitchy posts like you do.

confucius say
11-24-2023, 02:10 PM
What the hell does Lebby have to do with what I posted? Do you have a clue where I have him on our board? No you don't at all. I have no feelings one way or another, at all. Never have on coaching hires and many can verify that on here. You are sideways with the stupid. But keep churning out those false narratives and bitchy posts like you do.

Who would you like to see hired?

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 02:11 PM
Love his offense. My concern is whether he can run a program and be a leader of men.

This is my concern. I have a lot of family that are big with the OU program and they want him gone - his play calling cost them two games this year. Plus the issues with Briles. Selmon would be doing his OU family a favor.

If sell on makes this hire, I may sit on the sidelines a bit financially until I'm proven wrong

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 02:14 PM
Who would you like to see hired?

Anybody? Realistic? Who's left on our board? What's the criteria

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 02:24 PM
This is my concern. I have a lot of family that are big with the OU program and they want him gone - his play calling cost them two games this year. Plus the issues with Briles. Selmon would be doing his OU family a favor.

If sell on makes this hire, I may sit on the sidelines a bit financially until I'm proven wrong
This is what bothers me. I read an article about how he cost them games with conservative play calling. That would be horrible here. Also I've heard the buzz about them wanting him out of there ASAP.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-24-2023, 02:24 PM
OU wants him gone because he chose to make is wife happy over the OU AD.

HancockCountyDog
11-24-2023, 02:25 PM

Well to be fair, that is the right call.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 02:25 PM

Their 2 losses are 38-33 in a torrential down pour and 27-24.

In what realm is that the offenses fault?

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 02:28 PM

I mean.....that's one way of wording it.

schddog72
11-24-2023, 02:29 PM

Why would any self-respecting Bulldog fan believe ANYTHING that McCready says? He is an avowed MSU hater and Old Mess hump. I wouldn't trust that guy to say or do anything other trash or BS with respect to MSU.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 02:31 PM
Their 2 losses are 38-33 in a torrential down pour and 27-24.

In what realm is that the offenses fault?

https://www.normantranscript.com/sports/why-does-jeff-lebby-keep-doing-what-he-did-in-lawrence/article_a5f6c050-75f6-11ee-a671-2b05bfe1000e.amp.html

Don't shoot the messenger. Just one of the articles I stumbled upon while doing a little research.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 02:33 PM
https://www.normantranscript.com/sports/why-does-jeff-lebby-keep-doing-what-he-did-in-lawrence/article_a5f6c050-75f6-11ee-a671-2b05bfe1000e.amp.html

Don't shoot the messenger. Just one of the articles I stumbled upon while doing a little research.

They gave 38 points. That ain?t on Lebby.

Homedawg
11-24-2023, 02:57 PM

Dude I'm not losing jack. Trust me

msstate7
11-24-2023, 03:03 PM
I can certainly see us hire lebby. I can't see anyway at all that Gabriel follows him.

Homedawg
11-24-2023, 03:08 PM
I can certainly see us hire lebby. I can't see anyway at all that Gabriel follows him.
Correct.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 03:20 PM

Correct - unless the freshman from Denton tx (right down the road from me) turns out to be the number one kid he is expected to be. He is unreal good but that controversy is for next season.

He's actually the kid that we want to transfer. Number one quarterback prospect in the country.

KOdawg1
11-24-2023, 03:25 PM
Correct.

Yeah, the Gabriel talk is absurd.

I do wish he could bring Jackson Arnold with him though..

Percho
11-24-2023, 04:24 PM

Was Kirby Smart an underwhelming hire for Georgia?

HancockCountyDog
11-24-2023, 04:29 PM
Yeah, the Gabriel talk is absurd.

I do wish he could bring Jackson Arnold with him though..

It would require a monster NIL splash and OU isn't going to let a 5 star QB walk. Maybe we are going to make that level of a splash.

If I am Mike Wright, I'm certainly sticking around.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 04:33 PM
It would require a monster NIL splash and OU isn't going to let a 5 star QB walk. Maybe we are going to make that level of a splash.

From all reports we are planning on unloading a bag on portal QB. As I said earlier. It?s not out of the realm of possibility it?s Arnold or Gabriel.

Homiedawg is going to call me a moron again. But I know that Arnold/Gabriel are tight as hell with Lebby and want to be with him. Add in NIL and you?ve got a shot. Does it happen? Who knows. But there?s a chance. Lebby gives us that.

vindastra
11-24-2023, 04:37 PM

We better elevate ourselves at all positions. The old crew (staff and players) would not start for most SEC schools.

HancockCountyDog
11-24-2023, 04:46 PM
From all reports we are planning on unloading a bag on portal QB. As I said earlier. It?s not out of the realm of possibility it?s Arnold or Gabriel.

Homiedawg is going to call me a moron again. But I know that Arnold/Gabriel are tight as hell with Lebby and want to be with him. Add in NIL and you?ve got a shot. Does it happen? Who knows. But there?s a chance. Lebby gives us that.

He better save some NIL money for an OL to block, because the OL we have coming back next year is going to be very green.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 04:48 PM
He better save some NIL money for an OL to block, because the OL we have coming back next year is going to be very green.

We got plenty of money for that.

HancockCountyDog
11-24-2023, 04:49 PM
We got plenty of money for that.

Well that is just great news, enough money for a top flight portal QB, and 3-4 SEC caliber OL. Our NIL budget must have tripled.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2023, 04:49 PM

We've got the money to fill a lot of holes. Arnold and Cam Ward are possible. Not sure about Gabriel unless he's a graduate maybe. We're about to improve that offense fast. Skill players aren't bad just need the OL. Defense will take more.
Damnit I'm fired up!

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-24-2023, 04:53 PM
Glad to see Cooterpoot fired up! Let?s haul in some portals and show Zavion/Creed highlights of OU WR scoring every 5 plays

CoachT14
We've got the money to fill a lot of holes. Arnold and Cam Ward are possible. Not sure about Gabriel unless he's a graduate maybe. We're about to improve that offense fast. Skill players aren't bad just need the OL. Defense will take more.
Damnit I'm fired up!

Gabriel could come. He?ll be a graduate and has a covid year.

Catfish
Would like to hear something official soon.

Cowbell
11-24-2023, 05:00 PM
Gabriel could come. He?ll be a graduate and has a covid year.

We want the freshman

Cooterpoot
11-24-2023, 05:00 PM
Would like to hear something official soon.

Won't be long now. IT'S COMING!

Catfish
11-24-2023, 05:01 PM

Sounds good.

Cooterpoot
11-24-2023, 05:02 PM
We want the freshman

I like the situation there. If Gabriel leaves for here, great. If he stays, Arnold moves to play.
Nothing guaranteed, but damn good opportunity. And Cam Ward is connected to Lebby too. He recruited him previously before going to OK.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 05:03 PM
Any chance we could snag Ty Simpson from Bama?

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 05:04 PM
I like the situation there. If Gabriel leaves for here, great. If he stays, Arnold moves to play.
Nothing guaranteed, but damn good opportunity. And Cam Ward is connected to Lebby too. He recruited him previously before going to OK.

Homiedawg going to call you a moron. Better chill.

RezDog7
11-24-2023, 05:05 PM
Damnit I'm fired up!

I was a little apprehensive about Lebby at first, but we badly need an exciting offense. Let's goooo

TrapGame
11-24-2023, 05:07 PM

Selmon doing the press conference tonight?

Cooterpoot
11-24-2023, 05:16 PM
Selmon doing the press conference tonight?

Not that fast, But my old lady might get some tonight.

Mjoelner34
11-24-2023, 05:32 PM
Not that fast, But my old lady might get some tonight.

If Lebby is the guy, I'm guessing a UT win tonight and an OK State win tomorrow afternoon may prompt an announcement.

Maverick91
11-24-2023, 05:37 PM
I'll be more excited if it comes out we have opened the pocket book to grow our off the field staff and resources. We cannot continue to be near last in the SEC in support staff and recruiting staff.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 05:39 PM
I'll be more excited if it comes out we have opened the pocket book to grow our off the field staff and resources. We cannot continue to be near last in the SEC in support staff and recruiting staff.

That was already stated we will do, no matter who he hire.

Maverick91
11-24-2023, 05:44 PM

Good to hear. First I've heard! For that Selmon moved up a notch in my book, he is officially at notch one.

Mjoelner34
11-24-2023, 05:46 PM

That is very good news!

smootness
11-24-2023, 05:51 PM

I see people say things like this a lot, but we are near last in the SEC in budget and resources. So this will essentially always be the case.

confucius say
11-24-2023, 06:03 PM
Anybody? Realistic? Who's left on our board? What's the criteria
Of the realistic options remaining

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 06:12 PM
Of the realistic options remaining

Earlier today it was Elko as someone I thought was somewhat realistic still but since that doesn't seem to be happening...Lebby and Sumrall would be top choices. I don't have as much of a problem hiring sitting P5 coordinators as some others but I understand the idea of hiring a sitting HC and Sumrall is a good coach. Fritz I like but probably shade toward someone younger unless he had a better plan. Odom was last for me because Brennen wouldn't be coming and I don't like hiring for a coordinator to come with a HC. Just my preference.

Maverick91
11-24-2023, 06:16 PM
I see people say things like this a lot, but we are near last in the SEC in budget and resources. So this will essentially always be the case.

Agreed! But for every post that says we are near last in money their is a post stating the truck load of money we just continue to save year in and year out. Spend the money you have especially in this situation. No football program should be looking to bring in a profit and keep it. You want every advantage you can get and money is king. Spend your money.

smootness
11-24-2023, 06:28 PM
Agreed! But for every post that says we are near last in money their is a post stating the truck load of money we just continue to save year in and year out. Spend the money you have especially in this situation. No football program should be looking to bring in a profit and keep it. You want every advantage you can get and money is king. Spend your money.

Our revenues are last in the conference, and our football profit is among the lowest, less than half of Ole Miss. So I am not sure what you are talking about.

Maverick91
11-24-2023, 06:29 PM
Our revenues are last in the conference, and our football profit is among the lowest, less than half of Ole Miss. So I am not sure what you are talking about.

I'm not debating that and I'm not looking through old posts. But it has been stated plenty that we as a school remain cheap not so much because we have to as it is because we like to be cheap.

smootness
11-24-2023, 06:33 PM
I'm not debating that and I'm not looking through old posts. But it has been stated plenty that we as a school remain cheap not so much because we have to as it is because we like to be cheap.

And this is a message board where no one has any idea what they are talking about.

Maverick91
11-24-2023, 06:35 PM
And this is a message board where no one has any idea what they are talking about.

When it comes to budgets and income I feel as if we have some pretty good info.

smootness
11-24-2023, 06:38 PM
When it comes to budgets and income I feel as if we have some pretty good info.

Correct. And what I am telling you is, we do not save more than others. We just do not make as much.