PDA

View Full Version : My name is preachermatt83 and Im an addict ..

preachermatt83
12-05-2013, 09:20 PM
I think I'm addicted to ED... most who experience a ban are too proud to admit that it sucked. Not me. I spent the last week banned and I was counting the days and the hours until I could log back on.. Sad I know but watching some of these idiotic posts and not being able to correct them was rough. haha. Anyway, Im glad to be back. #HAILSTATE

It_Could_Happen
12-05-2013, 09:26 PM
I think I'm addicted to ED... most who experience a ban are too proud to admit that it sucked. Not me. I spent the last week banned and I was counting the days and the hours until I could log back on.. Sad I know but watching some of these idiotic posts and not being able to correct them was rough. haha. Anyway, Im glad to be back. #HAILSTATE

.... Didn't see the point of that post but ok

BogeyGolfer
12-05-2013, 09:30 PM
I wish it had been longer than a week.

It_Could_Happen
12-05-2013, 09:31 PM

Agreed.

Coach 57
12-05-2013, 09:32 PM
3rd

mparkerfd20
12-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Shoulda been perm

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Dude is a passionate State fan, so I have no problem with him.

bully99
12-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Welcome back preacher. Those of us who dare to question conventional wisdom are always looked down upon. I hope you were in deep prayer during your banishment.

preachermatt83
12-05-2013, 09:41 PM
My reactions...

When I got the Ban message...

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif

Couple days into the ban...

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt123/koboot/sasan-exhausted.gif

Reading idiot posts and being unable to respond...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DVqX89RHXBM/USrjXTqa5FI/AAAAAAAAE88/Dd_6yArhS24/s320/tired-at-PC.jpg

yesterday (day before ban ended)...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltdcmumKWy1qii6tmo1_500.gif

when the ban was finally over....

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/dancedance.gif

preachermatt83
12-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Welcome back preacher. Those of us who dare to question conventional wisdom are always looked down upon. I hope you were in deep prayer during your banishment.

Thanks bud, glad to be back. .

preachermatt83
12-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks Cadaver.. I am passionate but I do tend to let my emotions cause me to speak a little over the top at times.

Todd4State
12-05-2013, 09:48 PM

Cohen recruiting well isn't conventional wisdom. It's logic. The results on the field speak for themselves. Literally the only way his recruiting could be better would be to get all first round picks at each position and then get them to Starkville. No college is going to be able to pull that off.

If we did, I wouldn't complain though.

On top of that, you haven't mentioned what should be improved.

cheewgumm
12-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Welcome back preacher!! I knew something was missing .

preachermatt83
12-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Welcome back preacher!! I knew something was missing .

Glad to be back.. Appreciate it.

bully99
12-05-2013, 10:08 PM
So you pick our whatever is most favorable to your argument and that's fine. Did two of three recruiting services rank the blackbears class ahead of our class. All I've said is that why is vandy and others outrecruiting us after we went to the finals. It's a legitimate question which nobody has answered.

elitedawgs
12-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Thanks Cadaver.. I am passionate but I do tend to let my emotions cause me to speak a little over the top at times.

Just remember, be cool like Fonzie.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 10:10 PM

Correctamundo

engie
12-05-2013, 10:18 PM
So you pick our whatever is most favorable to your argument and that's fine. Did two of three recruiting services rank the blackbears class ahead of our class. All I've said is that why is vandy and others outrecruiting us after we went to the finals. It's a legitimate question which nobody has answered.

Uhhhh --- because 90% of this class was signed in November of last year, a full 7 months before Omaha even happened? That ever crossed your mind while searching far and wide for something to complain about?

preachermatt83
12-05-2013, 10:35 PM

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/0/5/1/6/6/3/9/Fonzie-Ayyy-79950717427.jpeg

I seen it dawg
12-05-2013, 10:40 PM

I'll trade rankings for wins everyday. This sounds like some Ole mIss crootin we win that championship bullshit to me. You have 100% ole miss mentality-win the recruiting stars battle. Who cares how good the players really are or perform. It's stupid.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2013, 10:58 PM
How exactly do you get banned on here?

Preacher, what did you do?

preachermatt83
12-05-2013, 11:26 PM
How exactly do you get banned on here?

Preacher, what did you do?

im really not exactly sure. Im not even sure who banned me. I am sure they felt they had reason to though. The ban message I got was "Get ready for church reverend" I hated it, that's for sure cause I didn't really know that I was saying or doing anything hurtful to the board. Im glad the ban is over.

CooterDavenport
12-05-2013, 11:47 PM
I often disagree with you, but I would love to see you Twitter troll @guy_odom. Preacher v. Preacher.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 11:51 PM
I often disagree with you, but I would love to see you Twitter troll @guy_odom. Preacher v. Preacher.

That would be great. Preachermatt, please give us your twitter handle and then go read @guy_odom 's timeline on twitter. You will want to troll him once you read his tweets.

Meanwhile, I'm headed to pop myself some popcorn

preachermatt83
12-06-2013, 12:13 AM
That would be great. Preachermatt, please give us your twitter handle and then go read @guy_odom 's timeline on twitter. You will want to troll him once you read his tweets.

Meanwhile, I'm headed to pop myself some popcorn

I think I know guy odom.. There was a guy odom who used to be the pastor at a church in Newton county.

preachermatt83
12-06-2013, 12:13 AM
my twitter handle is preachermatt_83

Thick
12-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Ok, glad you're back, blah, blah, blah! Now can we get back to the business at hand.....MSU!

preachermatt83
12-06-2013, 12:27 AM
he is now followed by preachermatt_83

Todd4State
12-06-2013, 01:08 AM

So, you would rather have recruiting rankings than better on the field results than the rankings? Including one ranking which proclaimed that our best recruit was Gavin Collins- which basically is saying that their "expert" disagree with not only me- but also with MLB scouts? (Dakota Hudson, Reid Humphries)

There is only one recruiting service for baseball- and that's Perfect Game, which is still very biased towards Ole Miss. They know more about the players that come to their events- which Ole Miss has recruited very heavily out of for years under Bianco. Cohen does as well- it's pretty much a necessity in today's baseball world. But we also look other places for players and have turned up several very good players that they did not even rate- such as Renfroe, Rea, Robson, Pirtle, Detz, Woodruff, etc. among others. I can almost guarantee you that Perfect Game doesn't even know who Paul Young is- yet he was offered by MSU, LSU, and drafted by the Indians.

The other two are baseball publications- Collegiate Baseball which ranked our class second and then Baseball America's guy- Aaron Fitt has also had some issues with us and Ron Polk in the past as well. In other words- the ONE publication that hasn't shown bias against us in the past rated our class higher.

So, basically we've found TWO and likely THREE once Woodruff finishes the year first round picks that they didn't even rate- and you want to know why everyone is "toeing the party line" that Cohen is a good recruiter?

Not only that- Vanderbilt has had exactly as many pitchers selected in the first round since 2010- two. Sonny Gray and Grayson Garvin who was actually a supplemental first round pick. We've produced Stratton and will likely get Woodruff drafted this year. And to be fair, Tyler Beede for Vanderbilt will be selected in the first round also. So, interestingly enough by the time the draft rolls around next year, odds are pretty good that we will have produced as many first round non-supplemental first round pick pitchers as Vanderbilt. And if Lindgren blows up like I think he could, we could very equal them. And that's just pitchers only. If you include Renfroe, we've equaled them for players regardless of position.

And on top of that, it doesn't include players that were very productive in college such as Adam Frazier who is among our all-time hits leaders, and Holder who is among our all-time saves leaders, and then guys like Ross Mitchell who went on to become an All-American for us.

So, pretty much the ONLY people that think we aren't recruiting all that well are: Perfect Game (biased), Baseball America (biased), Yancy Porter, and you.

The people that say that we're recruiting well are: On the field results, MLB scouts as evidenced by draft picks, Collegiate Baseball (non-biased), and everyone else that believes in objective results.

Dawgface
12-06-2013, 08:36 AM
im really not exactly sure. Im not even sure who banned me. I am sure they felt they had reason to though. The ban message I got was "Get ready for church reverend" I hated it, that's for sure cause I didn't really know that I was saying or doing anything hurtful to the board. Im glad the ban is over.

I scrolled through some of your posts before you got banned and saw nothing out of line. Maybe one had been deleted. I hope we're not getting to the point that if one's opinion differs from a mod, then you will be banned. Starting to sound like another board.

Political Hack
12-06-2013, 08:47 AM
I scrolled through some of your posts before you got banned and saw nothing out of line. Maybe one had been deleted. I hope we're not getting to the point that if one's opinion differs from a mod, then you will be banned. Starting to sound like another board.

nobody is forcing anyone to stick around here.

EngineerDawg
12-06-2013, 09:07 AM

I was beginning to wonder where you went. Someone actually reset my password recently without my knowledge.. hm....

Dawgface
12-06-2013, 09:10 AM
nobody is forcing anyone to stick around here.

I get the message. You guys have fun.

FISHDAWG
12-06-2013, 09:13 AM

ha-that's the reason I don't go to the political forum anymore

Jack Lambert
12-06-2013, 09:16 AM

Fonzie stop being cool when he supported Obama Care along with Opey and Andy.

Bubb Rubb
12-06-2013, 09:18 AM

+999 for the Pulp Fiction reference.

Jack Lambert
12-06-2013, 09:31 AM

You could have read the Bible a little extra.

War Machine Dawg
12-06-2013, 11:17 AM

+1

preachermatt83
12-06-2013, 12:07 PM
I get the message. You guys have fun.

Dawgface, don't let a smart alleck comment run you off. I enjoy your comments.

hacker
12-06-2013, 12:57 PM

This.

hacker
12-06-2013, 12:58 PM
I think I know guy odom.. There was a guy odom who used to be the pastor at a church in Newton county.

Yeah, he said he was at Hickory when he asked if I was from Chunky.

hacker
12-06-2013, 12:59 PM
I have removed preachermatt83 from my ignore list. This is an experiment to see how long it takes for him to go back on.

preachermatt83
12-06-2013, 03:01 PM
I have removed preachermatt83 from my ignore list. This is an experiment to see how long it takes for him to go back on.

Man aren't I lucky 😏 lol