PDA

View Full Version : Dart concussion

chef dixon
11-24-2023, 10:01 AM
I'm surprised no one is talking about that. How the hell did he clear to go back in? That should have never happened for his health.

I will add I think Sanders would have gave us fits regardless.

confucius say
11-24-2023, 10:04 AM
Saw where a neurosurgeon and another doctor were discussing last night. Said he had the signs of a concussion and that if it were the nfl his going back in would be the lead story of the game.

Quaoarsking
11-24-2023, 10:08 AM
I thought he was less sharp on his passing after the hit, but I wasn't sure if I was just seeing things that we're really there.

MetEdDawg
11-24-2023, 10:09 AM
He went limp after the hit. Ball was just laying there on the ground.

The fact he only sat out one play even after the delay for targeting review shocks me.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 10:12 AM
He went limp after the hit. Ball was just laying there on the ground.

The fact he only sat out one play even after the delay for targeting review shocks me.

I noticed that too. He didn't have possession of the ball at all. He was out.

confucius say
11-24-2023, 10:12 AM
This after he suffered one at Georgia. Go watch that replay, his eyes are closed by the time he hits the ground

chef dixon
11-24-2023, 10:14 AM
No doctor without a biased interest or being pressured would have ever cleared that

parabrave
11-24-2023, 10:19 AM
The announcers said that their doctors cleared him during the targeting call. Vullshit. If the Ncaa doesn't investigate this than they should just do away with targeting, Blindsiding and other hits. They went straight running after that. Dart didn't wing that game Judkins and Bentley did.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 10:27 AM
Coaches don't care about these kids. Even nfl coaches will send out players they shouldn't... that's why the nfl took it out of their hands. College should too

viverlibre
11-24-2023, 10:58 AM
It's even worse that they beat us with a concussed QB.

tcdog70
11-24-2023, 11:09 AM
He faked it . Wanted a targeting call. Very smart. When you lead with a your head the targeting should be off the board.

shoeless joe
11-24-2023, 11:56 AM
I don’t think he faked losing control of the ball and the way he walked off. No other team in the country sends him back out…at least not that fast. But hey…it is our Super Bowl and just another game to them

War Machine Dawg
11-24-2023, 01:12 PM
I'm surprised no one is talking about that. How the hell did he clear to go back in? That should have never happened for his health.

I will add I think Sanders would have gave us fits regardless.

My physical therapist knows their team doctor. He was laughing about it this morning. Said he knew Dart was coming right back in. The OM doc's "concussion protocol" is basically "Do you know your name? Do you know where you are? Ok, get back out there." Also said the stringency of concussion protocol can vary wildly not just team to team in college, but even within the same program. Depends on who's checking the player. Docs tend to not be as worried about it and let players go back in more regularly. Trainers tend to be more concerned and do tougher tests and keep players out. Seems backwards, but that's what he said.

War Machine Dawg
11-24-2023, 01:21 PM
The announcers said that their doctors cleared him during the targeting call. Vullshit. If the Ncaa doesn't investigate this than they should just do away with targeting, Blindsiding and other hits. They went straight running after that. Dart didn't wing that game Judkins and Bentley did.

Coaches don't care about these kids. Even nfl coaches will send out players they shouldn't... that's why the nfl took it out of their hands. College should too

Here's the dirty little secret: These "player safety" rules have never, ever been about actual player safety. They're about increasing scoring. The NFL realized the more teams scored, the bigger ratings their games drew. So they started adjusting rules accordingly, many of them couched as "player safety." The blindside hit rule is about the dumbest new rule I've ever seen. They're clean, hard hits 98% of the time. You're supposed to be taught from peewee that you keep your head on a swivel on the field to protect yourself from exactly those types of hits. It's your own fault if you aren't taking a peek to make sure you aren't going to get smashed. As much as I love the game, offense and scoring points, it's got to suck trying to play defense now. Guys like Butkus, Ronnie Lott, etc couldn't play now because of the way they hit. The idea Hall of Famers like that wouldn't make it now doesn't sit right with me.