PDA

View Full Version : What was the Seth Davis injury?

Reunion Dog
11-24-2023, 12:21 AM

Commercecomet24
11-24-2023, 12:23 AM
I don't know but tulu got him blown up. He got smoked. He did walk off and losing him hurt us.

CadaverDawg
11-24-2023, 12:25 AM
Didn't hear anything official, but it looked like he took a major shot to the knee. A brilliant play call and throw that led him right into an oncoming missle. They ought to make the OC and QB run that same route whenever they get a guy blown up like that.

We all deserve a free shot at Barbay for ruining our Thanksgivings.

Lord McBuckethead
11-24-2023, 12:26 AM
Well Tulu didn?t block at all. Seriously, we just don?t block anyone anytime on any play.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 12:27 AM
Didn't hear anything official, but it looked like he took a major shot to the knee. A brilliant play call and throw that led him right into an oncoming missle. They put to make the OC and QB run that same route whenever they get a guy blown up like that.

I don't think the play design had tulu not touching his man at all. The first move my the new HC needs to be rerouting tulu's NIL money to someone else

Commercecomet24
Didn't hear anything official, but it looked like he took a major shot to the knee. A brilliant play call and throw that led him right into an oncoming missle. They ought to make the OC and QB run that same route whenever they get a guy blown up like that.

It was ugly but that was on tulu. He had some yards ahead of him if Tulu couldve at least slowed him down. Huge ole by tulu

CadaverDawg
I don't know but tulu got him blown up. He got smoked. He did walk off and losing him hurt us.

Tulu definitely blew the block, but that play wasn't working regardless. I get so pissed every time we call a play where a RB is expected to run blindly into the flat and wait on Will to wind up and pie throw one to them as they wait to get demolished. I'm surprised none of the RB's have blown up on Will or Barbay.

CadaverDawg
11-24-2023, 12:29 AM
How many times has Tulu blocked well? Last game of the season and our OC hasn't figured out that Tulu isn't a team guy

Commercecomet24
11-24-2023, 12:29 AM
Tulu definitely blew the block, but that play wasn't working regardless. I get so pissed every time we call a play where a RB is expected to run blindly into the flat and wait on Will to wind up and pie throw one to them as they wait to get demolished. I'm surprised none of the RB's have blown up on Will or Barbay.

Wills arm is so weak and its a big reason those plays don't work because it takes forever for the throw to get there

Commercecomet24
11-24-2023, 12:30 AM
How many times has Tulu blocked well? Last game of the season and our OC hasn't figured out that Tulu isn't a team guy

Yep and we've got a few others unfortunately and mostly on offense

CarolinaDawgs

The entire country can see our screens before they happen. I?m not a coach but that can?t be good.

HancockCountyDog
I don't think the play design had tulu not touching his man at all. The first move my the new HC needs to be rerouting tulu's NIL money to someone else

Any play design that has Tulu blocking is a bad play design.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 12:31 AM

He got the illegal block later down

Commercecomet24

You're not wrong

msstate7

He got the block down to get flag

Commercecomet24
11-24-2023, 12:32 AM
Tulu the Nuke Laloosh of State.

CadaverDawg
11-24-2023, 12:33 AM
I honestly wouldn't care if we totally cleaned house offensively. That side of the ball made me totally sick this year.

Funny how Brock and the Defense got leaps and bounds better once Arnett was sent home. Interesting

CadaverDawg
11-24-2023, 12:33 AM

Yep

Commercecomet24
11-24-2023, 12:34 AM
I honestly wouldn't care if we totally cleaned house offensively. That side of the ball made me totally sick this year.

Funny how Brock and the Defense got leaps and bounds better once Arnett was sent home. Interesting

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

CadaverDawg
11-24-2023, 12:35 AM
Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Yep. Definitely appears Arnett was affecting Brock more than Barbay. Barbay continued sucking after Arnett

Commercecomet24
11-24-2023, 12:41 AM
Yep. Definitely appears Arnett was affecting Brock more than Barbay. Barbay continued sucking after Arnett

I agree.

LC Dawg
11-24-2023, 12:45 AM
Ole Miss fans started Hotty Toddy as Seth was walking off after his injury. Just in case anyone wanted more evidence that they are a POS fanbase.

Maroonthirteen
11-24-2023, 12:53 AM
Ole Miss fans started Hotty Toddy as Seth was walking off after his injury. Just in case anyone wanted more evidence that they are a POS fanbase.

Yep. I was pretty low key tonight but I lost it when they started in that moment. Fn Jackasses.

NCDawg
11-24-2023, 12:58 AM
Well Tulu didn?t block at all. Seriously, we just don?t block anyone anytime on any play.

That's especially true of our OL. The Ole Miss DL pushed us around all night. We really had a difficult time running the ball. If we are ever going to be a contender, we have to have better athletes on the OL as well as better coaching.

CaptainObvious
11-24-2023, 01:14 AM
There were many times this game and this season Will Rogers hung a teammate out to dry. As bad as I feel about thinking it, tonight there were a couple of times I wished our Oline would have treated him like Paul Crew when they found out he was throwing the game and just let a couple of Rebs through to make a sandwich out of Will Rogers. He definitely pussied out a few times tonight when we needed him to make plays. To be fair though, if the game plan was to throw everything outside with his weak arm, he can't rake all the blame. We had 6, count 'em, SIX pass plays called in the middle of the field for 10 yards or more. 4 were successful in the 2nd half! The middle of the field was open for the taking and we let their defense keep it to themselves. I am frankly pretty disappointed in both Barbay and Will . Meanwhile 2 and 4 and 24 for the Rebs played balls out in the run game and shoved it up our ass for 200 yards.

confucius say
11-24-2023, 01:28 AM

Our receivers are not good right now outside of ZT and none others got better throughout the year, and they are all coached poorly and allowed to get away with half assing it

confucius say
11-24-2023, 01:32 AM
There were many times this game and this season Will Rogers hung a teammate out to dry. As bad as I feel about thinking it, tonight there were a couple of times I wished our Oline would have treated him like Paul Crew when they found out he was throwing the game and just let a couple of Rebs through to make a sandwich out of Will Rogers. He definitely pussied out a few times tonight when we needed him to make plays. To be fair though, if the game plan was to throw everything outside with his weak arm, he can't rake all the blame. We had 6, count 'em, SIX pass plays called in the middle of the field for 10 yards or more. 4 were successful in the 2nd half! The middle of the field was open for the taking and we let their defense keep it to themselves. I am frankly pretty disappointed in both Barbay and Will . Meanwhile 2 and 4 and 24 for the Rebs played balls out in the run game and shoved it up our ass for 200 yards.

Well they ran it 50 times.

Pancho
11-24-2023, 07:13 AM
because they knew it would work

Coursesuper
11-24-2023, 07:14 AM

One of the most egregious lookout blocks I've seen in a while.

RezDog7
11-24-2023, 07:16 AM

No more evidence is ever needed.

confucius say
11-24-2023, 07:54 AM
because they knew it would work

I'll take holding that offense to 4 yards a carry. The defense played more than well enough to win. 307 yards and 17 points. Phenomenal.

Dawgface
11-24-2023, 08:31 AM
I'll take holding that offense to 4 yards a carry. The defense played more than well enough to win. 307 yards and 17 points. Phenomenal.

Yep. D played great. Too bad the offense couldn't contribute more. And the 2 missed fg's hurt.

EdwardDrayton
11-24-2023, 09:53 AM
Tulu the Nuke Laloosh of State.

Every Ebby Calvin needs an Annie and a Crash. Garter belts and lava lizards!! Gotta love that movie!!

TDawg8159
11-24-2023, 09:54 AM
I hate to say it but, Bumphis isn't much of a WR coach either, Leach knew it.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-24-2023, 12:23 PM
Switching back and forward between the Cowboy game and the Egg Bowl, you can't help notice the velocity difference in the ball between Dak and Will. I know Dak is the GOAT, but the difference is quite pronounced. It's great to be accurate but if the receiver can read War & Peace waiting for the ball does not bode well for running a precision play. Unfortunately, the few times Will tries to throw with velocity it gets knocked down at the line. This to me is Will's main area of concern not his lack of physicality.
With his accuracy and a good zip on the ball there probably would have been a lot less complaining on message boards. Just saying.

War Machine Dawg
11-24-2023, 01:02 PM
Had rehab for my shoulder this morning and was talking about it with my PT peeps. They were speculating it's ACL and PCL/MCL/LCL. I just assumed ACL was a given last night, so it backed up my initial reaction. Unfortunate, but it happens. His leg got stuck and was straight and he took a hard hit right at the joint just at that moment. Hopefully he can be back early next season. Wishing even more we hadn't run off Price.