PDA

View Full Version : The Bowl streak is over

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 10:41 PM
Arnett, Barbay, Keenum,.....thanks.

I won't name players. Some of you know the players who could have helped.
What a shit show.

msudawg1200
11-23-2023, 10:47 PM
Not officially. There's a chance APR can back us in, but not likely. Need a few upsets.

R2Dawg
11-23-2023, 11:00 PM
SEC will fight for us now to get in after screwing us tonight. Thanks SEC.

RezDog7
11-23-2023, 11:04 PM

Did the SEC keep our lineman from blocking?

R2Dawg
11-23-2023, 11:06 PM
Did the SEC keep our lineman from blocking?

They did Ok. How many sacks did Will have? Will had all day to throw. OL didn't lose this game.

RezDog7
11-23-2023, 11:08 PM
They did Ok. How many sacks did Will have? Will had all day to throw. OL didn't lose this game.

Oh I agree, but the officiating had nothing to do with it either. Can't miss two field goals and can't throw the ball to whoever is closest to you every play.

EdwardDrayton
11-23-2023, 11:09 PM
It was fun. The fun is over.

MBDawg601
11-23-2023, 11:09 PM
Oh I agree, but the officiating had nothing to do with it either. Can't miss two field goals and can't throw the ball to whoever is closest to you every play.

This. Players streaking down the field, but couldn't get it to them.

BeardoMSU
11-23-2023, 11:11 PM
Not going to the "who gives a **** bowl" reaaaaaally isn't the end of our program some of y'all think it is. We'll be ok. Just gotta make a good hire, prioritize NIL, and get some dudes. Period.

Bothrops
11-23-2023, 11:12 PM
Considering what I've seen this year, I'm glad.

msudawg1200
11-23-2023, 11:13 PM
SEC has nothing to do with it now

Commercecomet24
11-23-2023, 11:16 PM

What a shit show.

Yep things went just like I had heard and you saw it tonight.

Turfdawg67
11-23-2023, 11:17 PM
Meh, could've/should've been over before now. But, I guess, it would be good for the young players and so we, as fans, can stick our chests out for something positive about our putrid football program.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2023, 11:19 PM
We've got a few malcontents that hopefully will be gone now as well.

Todd4State
11-23-2023, 11:20 PM
Considering what I've seen this year, I'm glad.

I'd be totally fine if the season is over.

That said, if we get into a bowl we could maybe get the new staff in and potentially let them run some practices and maybe start some things a little early going into the offseason.

Todd4State
11-23-2023, 11:21 PM

Coaching or players?

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 11:21 PM
Yep things went just like I had heard and you saw it tonight.

Sure did brother!

Skydawg1
11-23-2023, 11:23 PM
I'm tired getting flagged for targeting on replays and not in real-time. Thanks Birmingham. Now get us to a bowl you mfers.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2023, 11:31 PM
Coaching or players?

Some of both but we have some players that need to move on as well. Gotta have players pulling in the same direction.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 11:37 PM
Some of both but we have some players that need to move on as well. Gotta have players pulling in the same direction.

And they all need to move on.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2023, 11:40 PM
And they all need to move on.

100%

Matt3467
11-23-2023, 11:41 PM

That reminds me. Wasn't Bucky going to spill the beans on what all he knows after the season? I'm ready to hear it

MBDawg601
11-23-2023, 11:45 PM
That reminds me. Wasn't Bucky going to spill the beans on what all he knows after the season? I'm ready to hear it

Book will be out in summer of 24.

Titled "Me, Myself and Will."

Todd4State
11-23-2023, 11:48 PM

Hopefully the new coach can come in and do that.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2023, 11:49 PM
We had some selfish players on this team who were only interested in themselves. Can't win or have any kind of total effort with that. Sad and I hate it but it's time for us to move on and hopefully upward.

Commercecomet24
11-23-2023, 11:50 PM
Hopefully the new coach can come in and do that.

Yep

Charlie_Sheen420
11-24-2023, 12:11 AM
I don’t want to see this staff or team have another game, it’s literally torture, please let it just be over

RockyDog
11-24-2023, 12:15 AM
Book will be out in summer of 24.

Titled "Me, Myself and Will."

Foreword by Ben Arbuckle and Drew Hollingshead.

Lord McBuckethead
11-24-2023, 12:20 AM
SEC has nothing to do with it now

That wasn?t targeting. If anything the runner lowered their head and should have been thrown out for leading with his crown.

FoggyBottom
11-24-2023, 12:20 AM
Five and eight is still in play . . . . . It's in the hands of the APR rankings now.

Leeshouldveflanked
11-24-2023, 01:10 AM
This. Players streaking down the field, but couldn't get it to them.
It has been that way for 4 years

BulldogBear
11-24-2023, 03:39 AM

You mean throw the ball more or less in the general direction of the closest receiver after a cursory glance at the other routes which are still just beginning to develop?

He doesn't throw downfield because he doesn't wait the extra 1.5 seconds to let them get open EVEN WHEN HE'S NOT UNDER PRESSURE. And Ole Miss never evwn threaten to sack him more than a few times.

BulldogBear
11-24-2023, 03:44 AM
That wasn?t targeting. If anything the runner lowered their head and should have been thrown out for leading with his crown.

The rule needs to be changed to state specifically that when a ball carrier launches a defensive player cannot be called for targeting.

Dart left his feet of his own accord and launched, diving for the FD. He was 8 inches off the ground. What else is a defender supposed to do? You've got to get in his way anyway you can. You gotta get down there with him, meaning you have to duck too. Of course you lead with your head. It's physics.

Your just supposed to let him have it? This is not a statue in a pocket that you just hammer with head to head contact.

The targeting rule is out of control already, and long since overstepped the spirit of the rule.

Commercecomet24
11-24-2023, 03:50 AM
You mean throw the ball more or less in the general direction of the closest receiver after a cursory glance at the other routes which are still just beginning to develop?

He doesn't throw downfield because he doesn't wait the extra 1.5 seconds to let them get open EVEN WHEN HE'S NOT UNDER PRESSURE. And Ole Miss never evwn threaten to sack him more than a few times.

2 guys wide open in the end zone one on each side of the field with only a safety between them and will picks the short route and misses it. Huge miss there and it wasn't the only one.

DownwardDawg
11-24-2023, 06:23 AM
2 guys wide open in the end zone one on each side of the field with only a safety between them and will picks the short route and misses it. Huge miss there and it wasn't the only one.

That was an extremely costly mistake.

maroonmania
11-24-2023, 07:11 AM
Bowl streak ended in 2016 as far as I'm concerned. 5-7 then and 5-7 now, neither of which deserves a bowl.

Coursesuper
11-24-2023, 07:13 AM
We had some selfish players on this team who were only interested in themselves. Can't win or have any kind of total effort with that. Sad and I hate it but it's time for us to move on and hopefully upward.

100% correct.

RezDog7
11-24-2023, 07:19 AM

Does one of them rhyme with Lulu?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-24-2023, 07:57 AM

What a shit show.

To only give Arnett, Barbary and Keemun blame is shortsighted when this has been building for several years across several coaches. We are already at a disadvantage and we continue to dig our own grave. If we don't get a coach that's good and will be here at least 4-5 years, it's going to start a bowless streak.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-24-2023, 08:01 AM

Are those the ones whose parents were on other boards? If so, I wonder where the kid learned it.

Offshore Dawg
11-24-2023, 09:11 AM
Do some of you really want this show on the road again. I don't think getting extra practices will help this bunch for the sake of going to something like the Birmingham bowl or a lesser ranked one just to continue a streak. Dawgs need to shoot for better to be proud of.

Turfdawg67
11-24-2023, 09:14 AM
Do some of you really want this show on the road again. I don't think getting extra practices will help this bunch for the sake of going to something like the Birmingham bowl or a lesser ranked one just to continue a streak. Dawgs need to shoot for better to be proud of.

Could our new coach be a part of it? If so, absolutely

Offshore Dawg
11-24-2023, 09:16 AM
Could our new coach be a part of it? If so, absolutely

You think this bunch could learn something new in two weeks, asking for a friend !

EdwardDrayton
11-24-2023, 09:37 AM

^^^^^^

Turfdawg67
11-24-2023, 09:41 AM
You think this bunch could learn something new in two weeks, asking for a friend !

Probably not the starters, but it'd be a head start on the underclassmen. And if he's an offense guru, yeah we might get a glimpse of the future. Who knows... I do know we saw a glimpse of the future in Arnett's bowl game debut.