PDA

View Full Version : I hate Kevin Barbay.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2023, 08:59 PM
F that guy

basedog
11-23-2023, 09:07 PM
He is bad no doubt.

DesotoDog1967
11-23-2023, 09:10 PM
He should be sacking groceries after this season

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-23-2023, 09:11 PM
Can?t wait until this offensive staff packs its bags.

maroonmania
11-23-2023, 09:11 PM
Yep, he is bad, but the game would still be tied except OM can execute a basic FG and we can't.

RezDog7
11-23-2023, 09:13 PM
F that guy

I hate everything right now

Coursesuper
11-23-2023, 09:13 PM
I don’t hate the guy, i dislike the results this season for sure. But the ones to hate on are the people that put him in the position of trying to implement his offense with no personal to run it. It’s a classic square peg in a round hole. Just hard down hardheaded stupidity.

Churchill
11-23-2023, 09:17 PM
With any QB at all we win 7 games this year. We've have 0.

Saltydog
11-23-2023, 09:24 PM
Careful now, certain folks around here say he's solid. . . . . .

maroonmania
11-23-2023, 09:58 PM
I don’t hate the guy, i dislike the results this season for sure. But the ones to hate on are the people that put him in the position of trying to implement his offense with no personal to run it. It’s a classic square peg in a round hole. Just hard down hardheaded stupidity.

Same thing we always do, just like with Morehead that turned what should have been a 10 or 11 win season into an 8 win season.

MafiaDawg
11-23-2023, 11:26 PM
He is a total loser who stole 1mm from the university. He is not qualified to coach at belhaven.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 11:27 PM
He's absolutely trash as an OC. Embarrassingly bad.

Todd4State
11-23-2023, 11:27 PM
It's not just him. It's Will Friend, Mike Schmidt, and Brad Peterson too. We have them to thank for this season.

CarolinaDawgs
11-23-2023, 11:28 PM
@Coach34

It takes a f?n sack to pump this bastard up. I respect that out of you.

HancockCountyDog
11-23-2023, 11:33 PM
He is the worst OC I have ever witnessed at MSU. He single-handedly cost us an egg bowl win.

MBDawg601
11-23-2023, 11:39 PM
Hate is a stron.....

I hate him too.

msudawg1200
11-23-2023, 11:40 PM
He had no business being an OC at a SEC school. He'd done nothing to earn or deserve to be a play caller in the SEC and it showed. What was our offensive plan or identity? We didn't have one. We did nothing well. A terrible hire by a terrible hire who are both outta here.

CoachT14
11-23-2023, 11:41 PM
But but but but most points on Bama or something right Jean34

msstate7
11-23-2023, 11:41 PM
He is the worst OC I have ever witnessed at MSU. He single-handedly cost us an egg bowl win.

The year we went to the AR, we were abysmal offense. The year we went away from it, we were abysmal. Just count it a blessing the adjustment year is done, and we will have a new coach soon

EdwardDrayton
11-23-2023, 11:42 PM
On the upside, there's ONLY upside from here.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 11:43 PM
Hate is a stron.....

I hate him too.

Hahaha!! Awesome

MBDawg601
11-23-2023, 11:43 PM
I mean, Leach was calling plays on a napkin @ field level and drew up better schemes (for the most part) Barbay seemed like he was calling plays on a Sketch It from a blimp.

Todd4State
11-23-2023, 11:46 PM
I mean, Leach was calling plays on a napkin @ field level and drew up better schemes (for the most part) Barbay seemed like he was calling plays on a Sketch It from a blimp.

Way too many moving parts. It was like let's fake a reverse and then throw a swing pass off of it after everyone almost runs into each other. I mean- who does that?

MBDawg601
11-23-2023, 11:47 PM
Way too many moving parts. It was like let's fake a reverse and then throw a swing pass off of it after everyone almost runs into each other. I mean- who does that?

Innovative minds. Maybe 11 players was too many for his offensive scheme. Could have worked out with maybe 9? Less opportunity to run into another player.

msstate7
11-23-2023, 11:48 PM

We were abysmal leach's first year on offense also

MBDawg601
11-23-2023, 11:50 PM
We were abysmal leach's first year on offense also

But that one Georgia game though!!!! Oh, and LSU. That was such a tease it should be criminal.

Leach had a track record though, we knew he was a genius. Barbay, not so much.

msstate7
11-23-2023, 11:52 PM
But that one Georgia game though!!!! Oh, and LSU. That was such a tease it should be criminal.

I don't wanna keep barbay. My point is adjustment to AR was tough, and the adjustment away from it was gonna be also.

KB21
11-23-2023, 11:53 PM
Worst play caller in power 5 football.

CarolinaDawgs
11-23-2023, 11:56 PM
I don't wanna keep barbay. My point is adjustment to AR was tough, and the adjustment away from it was gonna be also.

There was no reason to adjust??? Think for like 5 seconds.

RockyDog
11-23-2023, 11:58 PM

But that?s the problem. It?s revisionist history. The ones tonight bringing up Leach and the ones praising the Errr Raid all season will point back to that LSU game and say how awesome it was and then ignore the train wrecks against Arkansas and Kentucky that immediately followed.

7 is right. We got the painful part out of the way. Let?s just hope that the new guy, whoever he is, can work miracles in the portal and salvage next season.

mo7888
11-23-2023, 11:59 PM
Worst play caller in power 5 football.

Don't limit it...

msstate7
11-24-2023, 12:00 AM
There was no reason to adjust??? Think for like 5 seconds.

So if arnett woulda kept say spurrier or hollinshed, we wouldn't be hiring a new coach now? I disagree. Both those OCs were horrible this year

MBDawg601
11-24-2023, 12:02 AM
But that?s the problem. It?s revisionist history. The ones tonight bringing up Leach and the ones praising the Errr Raid all season will point back to that LSU game and say how awesome it was and then ignore the train wrecks against Arkansas and Kentucky that immediately followed.

7 is right. We got the painful part out of the way. Let?s just hope that the new guy, whoever he is, can work miracles in the portal and salvage next season.

Oh I know good and well the LSU game was a fluke. They played man all game and our receivers went wild. That performance was never replicated and probably never will be. It was fun though, I thought we had "made it". I was not a huge fan of the air raid, I enjoyed watching it at 11pm while falling asleep on Pac-12 late night, but most SEC games i despised it. Mostly due to our QB play, but eh.

CarolinaDawgs
11-24-2023, 12:04 AM
I didn?t say anything about who should or shouldn?t be coaching? if you don?t think we should?ve tailored the offense to what we had you should just watch the braves and root for fastballs man.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 12:11 AM
I didn?t say anything about who should or shouldn?t be coaching? if you don?t think we should?ve tailored the offense to what we had you should just watch the braves and root for fastballs man.

I think this year was doomed the minute arnett was named HC. What offense we ran isn't the problem imo, it's who we hired

Turfdawg67
11-24-2023, 12:12 AM
@Coach34

It takes a f?n sack to pump this bastard up. I respect that out of you.

He'll give you a plethora of reasons why it wasn't his fault. Guy was never in any thread as a possible candidate until he was hired... then suddenly he's top 5 OC in the country. Lolz. #agenda

Todd4State
11-24-2023, 12:14 AM

That's because statistically this WAS worse. There is no revisionist history.

Just a lot of wrong people like you.

CarolinaDawgs
11-24-2023, 12:17 AM
I think this year was doomed the minute arnett was named HC. What offense we ran isn't the problem imo, it's who we hired

So why would you bring up other names to refute your point?

If you know adjustments are bad? why do adjustments. That?s using your logic.

Todd4State
11-24-2023, 12:17 AM

Arnett sucks but running something similar to what these players had been running for three years with an easier schedule would have yielded much better results.

We literally cost ourselves at least four regular season wins because we insisted on running the ball like we had JJ Johnson coming back and not a bunch of Air Raid players.

Typical short sighted and stupid MSU move all because of play calling preference.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 12:21 AM
Arnett sucks but running something similar to what these players had been running for three years with an easier schedule would have yielded much better results.

We literally cost ourselves at least four regular season wins because we insisted on running the ball like we had JJ Johnson coming back and not a bunch of Air Raid players.

Typical short sighted and stupid MSU move all because of play calling preference.

What OC got us 9 wins this year with arnett at HC? lol

CarolinaDawgs
11-24-2023, 12:26 AM

There are maybe 10 out there that could do it. Hell Lane would?ve got 8 minimum. Play calling and personnel isn?t rocket science. Takes 5.4 brain cells to not change that.

Todd4State
11-24-2023, 12:27 AM

Anyone that is competent. I'm not saying that we should have done this - but yeah keeping Hollinghead would have been a better option. And he's not ready for the SEC. We absolutely could have gotten Ben Arbuckle, AJ Smith, Tim Cramsey from Memphis should have been obtainable, I could go on.

We have Barbay running up the middle on third and right after Arnett is fired and you're going to pin that on Arnett?

msstate7
11-24-2023, 12:28 AM
There are maybe 10 out there that could do it. Hell Lane would?ve got 8 minimum. Play calling and personnel isn?t rocket science. Takes 5.4 brain cells to not change that.

Lane was gonna be our OC under arnett?

CarolinaDawgs
11-24-2023, 12:32 AM
Lane was gonna be our OC under arnett?

I?m sad my stuffing earlier wasn?t this dense.

msstate7
11-24-2023, 12:35 AM
I?m sad my stuffing earlier wasn?t this dense.

This was the question you brought up lane to...

"What OC got us 9 wins this year with arnett at HC? loL"

Sober up, or hell,drink yourself to death.. I really don't care

CarolinaDawgs
11-24-2023, 12:40 AM
This was the question you brought up lane to...

"What OC got us 9 wins this year with arnett at HC? loL"

Sober up, or hell,drink yourself to death.. I really don't care

And my answer was ?there are 10. Hell lane could?ve won 8?? that doesn?t mean he would?ve been the OC. You knew what i said but chose to change the subject to semantics. Proud of you. Austin Riley was there tonight. Did you get an autograph?

Matt3467
11-24-2023, 02:13 AM
I didn't feel like verifying but I saw where someone said that App States offensive statistics actually improved once Barbay left.

Todd4State
11-24-2023, 02:51 AM
I didn't feel like verifying but I saw where someone said that App States offensive statistics actually improved once Barbay left.

I looked it up and they're basically the same. Which lends credence to my theory that their head coach had a lot more of a hand in their offense than we were led to believe.

Although their data was a little bit crazy when you look at it from a context standpoint. Last year they had a 60 point game against North Carolina which was an outlier. They also played 2 FCS teams. Which is why they didn't make a bowl last year despite going 6-6. So, I guess if you do a deep dive you could make a case that they are better this year than last.