PDA

View Full Version : It?s Elkos opportunity to accept.. or turn down..

Reunion Dog
11-23-2023, 05:05 PM

DEDawg
11-23-2023, 05:48 PM
He is not my top choice but would be pretty happy with him. Hopefully we know something soon

mo7888
11-23-2023, 09:20 PM

This looks to be true.... Lebby is apparently next if Elko doesn't do the deal...

HoopsDawg
11-23-2023, 09:50 PM
He is not my top choice but would be pretty happy with him. Hopefully we know something soon

Just curious, who the hell would you have above Elko.

Joebob
11-23-2023, 10:00 PM
Just curious, who the hell would you have above Elko.

I'd be willing to go with Sumrall.

CoachT14
11-23-2023, 10:08 PM

Hahahaha what?

HoopsDawg
11-23-2023, 10:09 PM

Wow. Sumrall over Elko is certainly a take.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 10:31 PM
This looks to be true.... Lebby is apparently next if Elko doesn't do the deal...

There is no way Lebby is #2. No way.

Joebob
11-23-2023, 10:42 PM
Hahahaha what?

Sumrall is going to be a star. I'd prefer it start with us.

mo7888
11-23-2023, 10:43 PM
There is no way Lebby is #2. No way.

Pretty sure he is.... and should be if we aren't willing to gamble on Kinne..

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 11:11 PM
Pretty sure he is.... and should be if we aren't willing to gamble on Kinne..

Sumrall would be leaps and bounds better than Lebby as far as accomplishments. And Sumrall is well respected. Lebby seems petty and immature. There's several others that should and probably are ahead of Lebby.

mo7888
11-23-2023, 11:17 PM
Sumrall would be leaps and bounds better than Lebby as far as accomplishments. And Sumrall is well respected. Lebby seems petty and immature. There's several others that should and probably are ahead of Lebby.

I've heard you say that alot about Sumrall, i just don't agree. I do agree about Lebby seeming to be petty and immature though and there's risk there for sure, but there's also more upside. I also think there are some I'd prefer over Lebby, Kinne for instance... but I can at least grasp at a little hope with Lebby simply because of his offense. All that said, I'm pretty high on Elko and i think he's our target..

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 11:19 PM
I've heard you say that alot about Sumrall, i just don't agree. I do agree about Lebby seeming to be petty and immature though and there's risk there for sure, but there's also more upside. I also think there are some I'd prefer over Lebby, Kinne for instance... but I can at least grasp at a little hope with Lebby simply because of his offense. All that said, I'm pretty high on Elko and i think he's our target..
I hope it's Elko too. Then 2nd place doesn't matter. Lol

mudbugs
11-23-2023, 11:23 PM
If Sumrall won't sign off on not going to Kentucky, he's likely out, at least according to what's been written elsewhere.

mo7888
11-23-2023, 11:24 PM
I hope it's Elko too. Then 2nd place doesn't matter. Lol

100%

CoachT14
11-23-2023, 11:26 PM
Sumrall is going to be a star. I'd prefer it start with us.

A star? Lol. The dude can?t recruit and wants to play offense like it?s 1953. He won?t sustain. He?s just beating up less talented teams at Troy.

Todd4State
11-23-2023, 11:29 PM
A star? Lol. The dude can?t recruit and wants to play offense like it?s 1953. He won?t sustain. He?s just beating up less talented teams at Troy.

My biggest concern is who his OC would be. The guy they have now used to be Arkansas's OC under Chad Morris.

Really Clark?
11-23-2023, 11:30 PM

His last 2 years he finished 11th and 5th in the Sunbelt in recruiting. That's not overwhelming the other teams on just talent.

CoachT14
11-23-2023, 11:32 PM
My biggest concern is who his OC would be. The guy they have now used to be Arkansas's OC under Chad Morris.

And Craddock or a clone of him will be the OC here. He hates fast offense. He is the definition of Neanderthal football.

CoachT14
11-23-2023, 11:35 PM
His last 2 years he finished 11th and 5th in the Sunbelt in recruiting. That's not overwhelming the other teams on just talent.

Chip Lindsey recruited the 78th and 81st overall classes in 2019 and 2020. That was tops ?20 and 3rd in ?19in the SBC. Since then They have recruited anywhere from 93rd to 130th in the nation under Sumrall.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 11:41 PM

So he's just like Dan Mullen is what you're saying? His team is rated 9th out of 14 in talent rankings but he's playing for the championship. And why are some of you hung up on recruiting still? We buy our players now. Gotta build that NIL and just go purchase what you need to fill the gaps.

CoachT14
11-23-2023, 11:42 PM
So he's just like Dan Mullen is what you're saying? His team is rated 9th out of 14 in talent rankings but he's playing for the championship. And why are some of you hung up on recruiting still? We buy our players now. Gotta build that NIL and just go purchase what you need to fill the gaps.

His oldest players are literally from the 1st overall class and 3rd overall class in the SBC. He?s not 9th lol.

If he?s 9th in talent it?s cause his 3 recruiting classes there have sucked ass.

Todd4State
11-23-2023, 11:44 PM

Oh we need to do both recruit high school AND the portal well.

Really Clark?
11-23-2023, 11:46 PM
Chip Lindsey recruited the 78th and 81st overall classes in 2019 and 2020. That was tops ?20 and 3rd in ?19in the SBC. Since then They have recruited anywhere from 93rd to 130th in the nation under Sumrall.

2nd 2019, 2nd 2020, 8th in 2021, 11th 2022, 5th in 2023 are Troy's conference ranks the last 5 years.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 11:47 PM
His oldest players are literally from the 1st overall class and 3rd overall class in the SBC. He?s not 9th lol.

If he?s 9th in talent it?s cause his 3 recruiting classes there have sucked ass.

I read it somewhere on the internet so I know it must be true.

CoachT14
11-23-2023, 11:49 PM
2nd 2019, 2nd 2020, 8th in 2021, 11th 2022, 5th in 2023 are Troy's conference ranks the last 5 years.

Sumrall took over in 21. So his best players and starters are from 19 and 20. I?m showing them as 1st and 3rd on On3 in those years. Either way my point still stands. He had one of the most talented teams that is heavy upper classmen laden from Chip Lindsey. We shall see next year if he?s worth it. Hopefully we don?t bite. He?s not going to be successful long term. He?s winning off someone else?s players. Congrats to him for that. But he?s a flash in the pan with a terrible offensive philosophy and a bad recruiter.

Really Clark?
11-23-2023, 11:51 PM
Sumrall took over in 21. So his best players and starters are from 19 and 20. I?m showing them as 1st and 3rd on On3 in those years. Either way my point still stands. He had one of the most talented teams that is heavy upper classmen laden from Chip Lindsey. We shall see next year if he?s worth it. Hopefully we don?t bite. He?s not going to be successful long term. He?s winning off someone else?s players. Congrats to him for that. But he?s a flash in the pan with a terrible offensive philosophy and a bad recruiter.

Actually 10 of his 22 starters appear to be transfers he brought in

CoachT14
11-23-2023, 11:56 PM
Actually 10 of his 22 starters appear to be transfers he brought in

Okay? And? Congrats on convincing a third stringer at Auburn or Kentucky to come start for you? That?s not hard to do.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 12:09 AM
Okay? And? Congrats on convincing a third stringer at Auburn or Kentucky to come start for you? That?s not hard to do.

3 transfer starters were P5, the rest CC and lower to equal division as him. You contend he is out talent other teams because of the prior coach's recruiting yet nearly half of the starters are transfers, most from CC and equal or lower division schools. You claim he can't recruit yet he had to recruit all of those transfers. You don't think he can't coach yet he is out coaching the league. You are trying awful hard to convince people that he is not a good coach when he is, even though he is not going to be our next coach, unless something crazy happens.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 12:09 AM
3 transfer starters were P5, the rest CC and lower to equal division as him. You contend he is out talent other teams because of the prior coach's recruiting yet nearly half of the starters are transfers, most from CC and equal or lower division schools. You claim he can't recruit yet he had to recruit all of those transfers. You don't think he can't coach yet he is out coaching the league. You are trying awful hard to convince people that he is not a good coach when he is, even though he is not going to be our next coach, unless something crazy happens.

Agree to disagree. I have my connections. I know what I?m talking about.

Really Clark?
11-24-2023, 12:15 AM
Agree to disagree. I have my connections. I know what I?m talking about.

Yeah, we will disagree. You are not the only person on the board with connections with college and NFL coaches. Don't like his offensive style, that's fine. He is a good coach.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 12:18 AM
Yeah, we will disagree. You are not the only person on the board with connections with college and NFL coaches. Don't like his offensive style, that's fine. He is a good coach.

He?s fine for that level. His offensive style won?t work in the SEC when he has more talent than the other teams. This ain?t UGA.

Todd4State
11-24-2023, 12:23 AM
He?s fine for that level. His offensive style won?t work in the SEC when he has more talent than the other teams. This ain?t UGA.

Maybe he would hire a different OC with more resources?

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 12:25 AM
Maybe he would hire a different OC with more resources?

It won?t matter who he hires. His offensive philosophy is to play slow, methodical, ball control football and win TOP. He ain?t hiring someone that doesn?t do that.

Todd4State
11-24-2023, 12:29 AM
It won?t matter who he hires. His offensive philosophy is to play slow, methodical, ball control football and win TOP. He ain?t hiring someone that doesn?t do that.

That's fair. I don't know that much about him honestly. But I do know that he is down the chart of people we would hire- and that might be part of it.

CoachT14
11-24-2023, 12:32 AM
That's fair. I don't know that much about him honestly. But I do know that he is down the chart of people we would hire- and that might be part of it.

I don?t know him personally, but I know people that have a lot of contact with him. He?s done well and will probably be fair at that level. He ain?t a big time coach though.

But I know for a fact he?s a terrible recruiter and hates recruiting. And again as stated above he has an awful offensively philosophy in modern college football. If he claimed in an interview he?d hire someone different. He?s lying just to look better. His staff would basically be Arnett?s staff from this year. Yacht Club 2.0.

bulldawg28
11-24-2023, 08:59 AM
This thread was high jacked quickly.