PDA

View Full Version : Keenum/Selmon/Search Process

HaggardDawg
11-23-2023, 04:49 PM
If these rumors of it being Lebby are true, you?ve f*ed up royally. Every person with 2 brain cells knows our program needs a mature stabilizing leader to come in and right the ship. Who advised you to go this route?. The search firm, boosters? Lebby will splinter your fanbase, and cause unnecessary drama to your program. What the hell are y?all doing?

CoachT14
11-23-2023, 04:52 PM
If these rumors of it being Lebby are true, you?ve f*ed up royally. Every person with 2 brain cells knows our program needs a mature stabilizing leader to come in and right the ship. Who advised you to go this route?. The search firm, boosters? Lebby will splinter your fanbase, and cause unnecessary drama to your program. What the hell are y?all doing?

Cry more.

DEDawg
11-23-2023, 04:53 PM
Local causal fan has spoken, Selmon is an idiot it is decided

Catfish
11-23-2023, 04:54 PM
Maybe we should all take a step back and wait till we actually hire someone. This is getting ridiculous.

HaggardDawg
11-23-2023, 04:54 PM
Do you have NFL and college contacts that tell you Lebby is a good hire for us?

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 04:55 PM
Or, since it's been extremely quite from the AD office and they actually make a great hire, then they've done a fantastic job. But yeah, if they hire Lebby they should all get fired. That would potentially kill the remaining life we have left.

CoachT14
11-23-2023, 04:55 PM
Do you have NFL and college contacts that tell you Lebby is a good hire for us?

I know several college contacts that think he?s a stud.

SteelCurtain74
11-23-2023, 04:56 PM
Maybe we should all take a step back and wait till we actually hire someone. This is getting ridiculous.

You mean to take Selmon at his word when he said don't believe anything until you heard it from him. What a novel idea.

DEDawg
11-23-2023, 04:58 PM
You mean to take Selmon at his word when he said don't believe anything until you heard it from him. What a novel idea.

No stop, I have tons of SEC coach friends who have all told me we are making a terrible hire

HaggardDawg
11-23-2023, 04:58 PM
Or, since it's been extremely quite from the AD office and they actually make a great hire, then they've done a fantastic job. But yeah, if they hire Lebby they should all get fired. That would potentially kill the remaining life we have left.

Exactly. I hope this is all bad info. People I know in the industry are telling me it would be terrible for us. I hope Selmon and Conare Ninja 2.0 and things all a smokescreen. If we?re going to go the crapshoot route, hire the respected coach like Sumrall

Catfish
11-23-2023, 05:00 PM

Well, we don't know anything yet.

DEDawg
11-23-2023, 05:00 PM
Exactly. I hope this is all bad info. People I know in the industry are telling me it would be terrible for us. I hope Selmon and Conare Ninja 2.0 and things all a smokescreen. If we?re going to go the crapshoot route, hire the respected coach like Sumrall

Aight I?ll bite. Who are your industry people telling you how terrible it would be

paverdog
11-23-2023, 05:01 PM

I would rather have Sumrall for sure.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 05:03 PM
Aight I?ll bite. Who are your industry people telling you how terrible it would be

I understand you asking this, but you really don't think anyone would reveal their sources if they had some do you?

SteelCurtain74
11-23-2023, 05:05 PM
Well, we don't know anything yet.

I guess I didn't realize we were entitled to know the name the nanosecond the deal is done. Do you actually believe they are going to release any information before we've even played our last game?

Catfish
11-23-2023, 05:08 PM
I guess I didn't realize we were entitled to know the name the nanosecond the deal is done. Do you actually believe they are going to release any information before we've even played our last game?

No idea.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2023, 05:11 PM
Lebby at Ole Miss in 2020: 14th in the country in Total Offense; Miss State, 110
Lebby at Ole Miss in 2021: 24th, Miss State, 60th
Lebby at OU in 2022: 33rd, Miss State, 43
Lebby at OU in 2023: 4th, Miss State, 94

Homedawg
11-23-2023, 05:17 PM

Don't ruin a good melt.

Catfish
11-23-2023, 05:19 PM
Don't ruin a good melt.

I hear you. LOL

MBDawg601
11-23-2023, 05:20 PM
Lebby at Ole Miss in 2020: 14th in the country in Total Offense; Miss State, 110

I don't think anyone is arguing his play calling. I think it is lack of experience at the head coaching position. We should be targeting a sitting HC.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2023, 05:30 PM
I don't think anyone is arguing his play calling. I think it is lack of experience at the head coaching position. We should be targeting a sitting HC.

We are. But if it falls thru, Lebby is a great backup plan. More qualified with more experience than Mullen. Knows the SEC and MS.

TrapGame
11-23-2023, 05:30 PM

But, he's never been a head coach. No way in Hades he deserves our job. All this bitching about Arnett not being qualified to be a HC but people are going ape shit over Lebby. smdh.

KB21
11-23-2023, 05:33 PM
If you want a o limit the upside of the coaching hire, then focus on only established head coaches. We will never get a top coach that way. Mike Leach doesn’t happen for us all the time. We have a better chance of landing a top coach by getting him before he becomes a top head coach.

DEDawg
11-23-2023, 05:46 PM
I understand you asking this, but you really don't think anyone would reveal their sources if they had some do you?

Oh I am not even asking for names. Just think it is pretty coincidental all of a sudden every poster knows multiple SEC coaches who all just happen to support their same biases.

HaggardDawg
11-23-2023, 06:10 PM
Oh I am not even asking for names. Just think it is pretty coincidental all of a sudden every poster knows multiple SEC coaches who all just happen to support their same biases.

Their opinion carries weight with me because they know these people, go to their practices, and scout their teams. I don?t know anything. My opinion is based off people I trust, not my biases. I don?t know much about any of these candidates. But if they?re saying we need an established HC not a coordinator with baggage, I believe them.

Joebob
11-23-2023, 08:27 PM
Their opinion carries weight with me because they know these people, go to their practices, and scout their teams. I don?t know anything. My opinion is based off people I trust, not my biases. I don?t know much about any of these candidates. But if they?re saying we need an established HC not a coordinator with baggage, I believe them.

Besides the reasons you listed, IMO if you're going to take a big swing for a home run, with also a high chance for failure, I'd rather go with a guy like Sumrall who has been a head coach *and* has a stellar reputation, than to go with somebody like Lebby. Lebby's offensive success is intriguing, but there's just too much other risk and baggage involved for me.