PDA

View Full Version : Was told Sumrall was interviewing this week. not sure what day. I personally think

99jc
11-23-2023, 10:29 AM
this would be a great hire.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 10:31 AM
Sumrall would be a home run hire since Lebby is being floated out there. That's probably what's happening.

TrapGame
11-23-2023, 10:33 AM
Sumrall would be better than Lebby.

paverdog
11-23-2023, 10:37 AM
I like Sumrall, the man has fire in him. That's what we need.

Really Clark?
11-23-2023, 10:38 AM
Sumrall interviewed Sunday

Dawgology
11-23-2023, 10:43 AM
Sumrall would be a hire that wouldn’t get anyone excited but would take the SEC by storm in a couple years. He’s a fighter. I don’t know if he’s the best hire but he could end up being the best.

HoopsDawg
11-23-2023, 10:46 AM
Lebby much better than Sumrall.

basedog
11-23-2023, 10:47 AM
I think he would do well at Msu. I like his fire more than others plus he seems to be an up-and-coming star.

Dawgology
11-23-2023, 10:50 AM

Lebby is smoke and mirrors and will end up another Joe Moorhead.

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 10:55 AM

Hahahaha!!!!!!

EdwardDrayton
11-23-2023, 12:10 PM
He would be the perfect candidate to transition our program to the Sun Belt. ****

confucius say
11-23-2023, 12:19 PM

Why?

Imo we need someone who we know can lead a program and lead men. Not just a good X and O person. Maybe lebby is that, but we don't know bc he's never had to do it.
Mullen was.
Moorhead wasn't.
Arnett wasn't.

EdwardDrayton
11-23-2023, 12:28 PM

No.

But as a wise man recently highlighted for us, major realignment is coming and we very likely will not be a part of the new supergroups. So really how much are we going to care about all this in the new college football framework.

confucius say
11-23-2023, 12:34 PM
No.

But as a wise man recently highlighted for us, major realignment is coming and we very likely will not be a part of the new supergroups. So really how much are we going to care about all this in the new college football framework.

Yes we will. We are fortunate we are in the sec

EdwardDrayton
11-23-2023, 12:36 PM

I like your optimism.

Coursesuper
11-23-2023, 12:42 PM

I would like, in your opinion, to tell me who is driving the latest conference realignment?

confucius say
11-23-2023, 12:45 PM
I would like, in your opinion, to tell me who is driving the latest conference realignment?

Same as always. Money and, to a lesser degree, TV.

EdwardDrayton
11-23-2023, 12:52 PM
Same as always. Money and, to a lesser degree, TV.

Likely the new framework will look very different from what we have now and we would not be a significant revenue driver.

confucius say
11-23-2023, 01:00 PM
Likely the new framework will look very different from what we have now and we would not be a significant revenue driver.

The SEC is the revenue driver. We're a huge revenue driver because we're in the SEC.
The only way that changes is if we leave the SEC, which isn't happening.

Helps to have Keenum. He's one of the most powerful people in CFB right now. Helps to have Byrne, Stricklin, and Cohen ties too.

Coursesuper
11-23-2023, 01:02 PM
That is where you misunderstand the situation, ESPN/Disney is the $$$. If you don’t believe that we can end up in the same situation as Oregon State and Washington State you are tricking yourself. Neither one of them have a huge following or national presence just like us. We have to be able to put a product on the field that people want to watch or we could end up in that situation if this hire goes wrong.

confucius say
11-23-2023, 01:09 PM
That is where you misunderstand the situation, ESPN/Disney is the $$$. If you don’t believe that we can end up in the same situation as Oregon State and Washington State you are tricking yourself. Neither one of them have a huge following or national presence just like us. We have to be able to put a product on the field that people want to watch or we could end up in that situation if this hire goes wrong.

Nope. It's not just Disney money that drives CFB realignment. It's also Fox and cbs and nbc. It's also non tv products like Amazon that drive the process up for TV. It's all about money, which overwhelmingly is TV.

Now if you're talking only the SEC, yea that is Disney. But that's not the question you asked. You asked CFB realignment as a whole.

maroonmania
11-23-2023, 01:09 PM
That is where you misunderstand the situation, ESPN/Disney is the $$$. If you don?t believe that we can end up in the same situation as Oregon State and Washington State you are tricking yourself. Neither one of them have a huge following or national presence just like us. We have to be able to put a product on the field that people want to watch or we could end up in that situation if this hire goes wrong.

Yea, if the SEC dissolves around us like the PAC 12 did around WSU and OSU then we would be in big trouble. But the SEC isn't dissolving unless college football changes to the point where conferences somehow go away altogether.

The Federalist Engineer
11-23-2023, 01:17 PM

SEC brought a Yoko Ohno into the family. Texas is a destroyer of bands. The original 10 have actual ties and history. The rest are a collection of pretenders, fakers, and mercenaries.

"Bros before Hoes" .... Texas, former SWC, and former Big 12 schools are the Hoes.

HancockCountyDog
11-23-2023, 01:47 PM

We normally agree. I really am not with you here.

Coursesuper
11-23-2023, 01:48 PM
Nope. It's not just Disney money that drives CFB realignment. It's also Fox and cbs and nbc. It's also non tv products like Amazon that drive the process up for TV. It's all about money, which overwhelmingly is TV.

Now if you're talking only the SEC, yea that is Disney. But that's not the question you asked. You asked CFB realignment as a whole.

Think what you want, but this is not 10 years ago.

Coursesuper
11-23-2023, 01:56 PM
Yea, if the SEC dissolves around us like the PAC 12 did around WSU and OSU then we would be in big trouble. But the SEC isn't dissolving unless college football changes to the point where conferences somehow go away altogether.

When the time comes there will be on big league and the rest. We better have a product to show.

Joebob
11-23-2023, 02:16 PM
I'm on board with Sumrall too. He checks all the boxes for the kind of coach I want, and would want to play for. The question would be, how well would he be able to recruit? That's the x-factor.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-23-2023, 02:20 PM
Supposedly, Sumrall would not and will not sign non-compete if UK came open soon

confucius say
11-23-2023, 02:25 PM
Supposedly, Sumrall would not and will not sign non-compete if UK came open soon

Would that be a deal breaker for yall?

DownwardDawg
11-23-2023, 02:36 PM

Could you imagine losing your Head Coach to UK? Talk about embarrassing...

DEDawg
11-23-2023, 02:53 PM
Could you imagine losing your Head Coach to UK? Talk about embarrassing...

Revenge of the Cohen

Cooterpoot
11-23-2023, 02:56 PM
Sumrall is out-confirmed

CoachT14
11-23-2023, 03:15 PM
I'm on board with Sumrall too. He checks all the boxes for the kind of coach I want, and would want to play for. The question would be, how well would he be able to recruit? That's the x-factor.

He?s a terrible recruiter. Plus he hates recruiting.

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-23-2023, 03:20 PM
It would be unless there is a year limit. I think stoops has done well, but I could see a change there soon