PDA

View Full Version : Chadwell reportedly out

Msujd164
11-22-2023, 01:35 PM
📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/jamey-chadwell-liberty-hc-reportedly-ruled-out-of-contention-for-sec-opening/?fbclid=IwAR0KLvNjL6Yod8BY747aL4xH2ZR8P7r59i-n31jETLeTCqET9SkegPa4CFE_aem_AeI7rNnw-1hw1exVcLyOjkNMQ59BCpQj2OPEWEh0d9KnhKLB5jUuz_TT6YU 0PgupbUY#lpa3timg029ot2lot8l7

confucius say
11-22-2023, 01:42 PM
"Ruled out of contention" is a weird way for marcello to phrase that.

Msujd164
11-22-2023, 01:46 PM

Right? Did we rule him out of contention or Vice versa?

DLGDawg
11-22-2023, 01:48 PM

Bbbbutt Marcelo said there was no interest ?????

Msujd164
11-22-2023, 01:50 PM
If it is because we do not want to pay the buyout, then Keemun needs to go ahead and shut the program down. We will never be serious about football. Just say F it.

mparkerfd20
11-22-2023, 01:50 PM
Well shit

PGHBulldogBG
11-22-2023, 01:53 PM
If it?s not Chadwell, Klieman, Leipold or Clawson then we messed up this hire and unless we pull some kind of miracle and can get Johnathan Smith I really hope it?s Mullen because there is no one else that is very good.

Biguglyjoe
11-22-2023, 01:57 PM
Inching closer to a Rich Rod-like hire.

woof
11-22-2023, 01:58 PM
�� Look at this post on Facebook https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/jamey-chadwell-liberty-hc-reportedly-ruled-out-of-contention-for-sec-opening/?fbclid=IwAR0KLvNjL6Yod8BY747aL4xH2ZR8P7r59i-n31jETLeTCqET9SkegPa4CFE_aem_AeI7rNnw-1hw1exVcLyOjkNMQ59BCpQj2OPEWEh0d9KnhKLB5jUuz_TT6YU 0PgupbUY#lpa3timg029ot2lot8l7

I think "ruled out of contention" could mean he is not involved personally in the negotiations yet. If I had to guess, due to their championship game vs NM State Chadwell probably wants to concentrate on going 12-0, a perfect season and that might trump a potential interview and his focus is 12-0 RIGHT NOW. Maybe the timeline is not jiving well with Selman due to that championship game. Maybe Chadwell is open to negotiations after their championship game so he can have a perfect 12-0 on his track record. Definition of ruled out of contention means: "it prevents you from being involved in it." He could still have negations through his agent now and then get serious later...but can Selman wait and is Sexton the agent?

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 01:58 PM
If it is because we do not want to pay the buyout, then Keemun needs to go ahead and shut the program down. We will never be serious about football. Just say F it.

That's not it at all. We have the buyout and booster support to pay it

WinningIsRelentless
11-22-2023, 02:01 PM

The university can?t pay the buyout. Only the bulldog club could.

StarkVegasSteve
11-22-2023, 02:02 PM

Correct. He just wants to stay at Liberty and wait for a better job. We have the money to pay it. Liberty is going to pay him close to 6 mil next year with his raise and he probably believes with a 12 team playoff and the right schedule he can make the 12 team playoffs.

chef dixon
11-22-2023, 02:04 PM
They don't know shit. No one reporting anything right now does

EdwardDrayton
11-22-2023, 02:05 PM
Here we go

The Federalist Engineer
11-22-2023, 02:07 PM
If it?s not Chadwell, Klieman, Leipold or Clawson then we messed up this hire and unless we pull some kind of miracle and can get Johnathan Smith I really hope it?s Mullen because there is no one else that is very good.

Mullen is a blue chip compared to the mutts left on the list. What happened to the former Texas Coach? Tom Herman.

EdwardDrayton
11-22-2023, 02:08 PM
Is Tom Osborne still alive. Maybe we could pull him if we play it right.

DesotoDog1967
11-22-2023, 02:10 PM
Mullen is blue chip compared to the mutts on the list. What happened to the former Texas Coach? Tom Herman.

He's not winning this year at his new job, so everyone wrote him off. First time as head coach he's not bowling I think

BuckyIsAB****
11-22-2023, 02:16 PM
Call Danny 2 gloves

FISHDAWG
11-22-2023, 02:16 PM
Is Tom Osborne still alive. Maybe we could pull him if we play it right.

That would mean going back to playing a fullback.... do those guys still exist?

Commercecomet24
11-22-2023, 02:19 PM

Yep 100%

Dawghouse
11-22-2023, 02:23 PM
They are in abundance in MS HS football. They generally play middle LBer on the other side.

MabenMaroon
11-22-2023, 02:25 PM
Marcello hates MSU and anything associated with us. He was never a terribly accurate reporter when he covered us and always threw shade at us whenever he could.

deltadawg63
11-22-2023, 02:27 PM
I still believe that we have to evaluate Herman on his total body of work and all the other variables beyond W/L this year. When I do that, and if he is truly interested and motivated, we would do very well to hire Herman: Offensive oriented, aggressive/assertive mindset, has won before and overall, knows the lay of the land/culture, will embrace portal and NIL, and previous HC P5/G5 head coaching experience. Checks alot of good boxes! We could easily do alot worse!

DownwardDawg
11-22-2023, 02:32 PM
Inching closer to a Rich Rod-like hire.

Just stop. Nobody knows anything! This is pure speculation.

BuckyIsAB****
11-22-2023, 02:33 PM
Im not sure why Herman hasnt been seriously talked about more. He was my number 1 on wishlist

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 02:44 PM
The search firm reached out to Herman, as they did with a lot of coaches, he is not interested in moving right now.

BuckyIsAB****
11-22-2023, 02:46 PM
The search firm reached out to Herman, as they did with a lot of coaches, he is not interested in moving right now.

Wow

confucius say
11-22-2023, 02:47 PM

Not for our job. For the right job he would.

Biguglyjoe
11-22-2023, 02:49 PM
Just stop. Nobody knows anything! This is pure speculation.

So is my post.

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 02:50 PM

Doubt it, nobody is calling him for one of those jobs.

TrapGame
11-22-2023, 02:51 PM
I bet Chadwell is waiting for Florida to open up.

That sucks about Herman. I thought for sure he'd be in the top #5 for the job.

Msujd164
11-22-2023, 02:52 PM
Starting to think we are going to be really unimpressed with this hire.

Just go get Dan the Man.

confucius say
11-22-2023, 02:56 PM
Doubt it, nobody is calling him for one of those jobs.

That's my point. His having no interest in us is a reflection of how he views our job, not a reflection of him not wanting to leave his job. If what he viewed as a worthy job offered him, he'd walk there.

The Federalist Engineer
11-22-2023, 02:58 PM

Well, at least Barry Odom will be cheap. Not a big buyout in two years.

ScooterDog
11-22-2023, 02:58 PM
Ok, if he?s out, he?s out. There are more fish in the sea anyway. Any hire is going to be a gamble. So we move our hopes on to somebody else. Keep a positive attitude guys.

confucius say
11-22-2023, 03:02 PM
Ok, if he?s out, he?s out. There are more fish in the sea anyway. Any hire is going to be a gamble. So we move our hopes on to somebody else. Keep a positive attitude guys.

First time here? Haha, kidding.

DawgFromOxford
11-22-2023, 03:44 PM
There?s no contention when youve already accepted the job***

Todd4State
11-22-2023, 03:49 PM
I bet Chadwell is waiting for Florida to open up.

That sucks about Herman. I thought for sure he'd be in the top #5 for the job.

Or South Carolina.

StarkVegasSteve
11-22-2023, 04:08 PM

Buyout is 5. Not exactly cheap, but it would not be a problem to pay it.

Maverick91
11-22-2023, 04:54 PM
There?s no contention when youve already accepted the job***

I like this thought

CoachT14
11-22-2023, 04:56 PM

$5 million for the buyout and $5 million for the coaches pay? Lol that?s cheap? And for Barry Odom. Woof.

bobcat91
11-22-2023, 05:00 PM

Then instead of telling everyone who we aren't getting, how about telling us who we are.

EdwardDrayton
11-22-2023, 05:03 PM
We're counting on you Zac Selmon. Make something historic happen. Don't let us down.

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 05:06 PM
Then instead of telling everyone who we aren't getting, how about telling us who we are.

How can I if we haven't offered anyone yet and it accepted? Want me to make something up? We've seriously talked with Chadwell, Elko, Sumrall, Fritz...Odom is pushing hard and we will meet with him I believe. Think nothing more than cursory discussions with Schumann but can't say that has been serious. I mentioned a week or so ago about Matt Campbell, I don't know if anyone else has talked about that. We reached out to Lance Leipold to gauge his interest. Gus Malzhan to guage his interest. Not sure what level Dave Dorean interst is, same with Lashlee. A lot of interest from coaches but how much is reciprocated? Seems like a lot of shuffling to get raises and waiting out the carousel.

CaptainObvious
11-22-2023, 05:21 PM
How can I if we haven't offered anyone yet and it accepted? Want me to make something up? We've seriously talked with Chadwell, Elko, Sumrall, Fritz...Odom is pushing hard and we will meet with him I believe. Think nothing more than cursory discussions with Schumann but can't say that has been serious. I mentioned a week or so ago about Matt Campbell, I don't know if anyone else has talked about that. We reached out to Lance Leipold to gauge his interest. Gus Malzhan to guage his interest. Not sure what level Dave Dorean interst is, same with Lashlee. A lot of interest from coaches but how much is reciprocated? Seems like a lot of shuffling to get raises and waiting out the carousel.

If State interviewed those 4 guys, and didn't make an offer to Elko Or Fritz, I would like to know why they even took the interview. I have never interviewed for a job I didn't want to accept if everything lined up for both sides. I don't believe in wasting mine or their time and money because they aren't interviewing on campus and it cost several thousands just to crank the damn plane.

StarkVegasSteve
11-22-2023, 05:28 PM
If State interviewed those 4 guys, and didn't make an offer to Elko Or Fritz, I would like to know why they even took the interview. I have never interviewed for a job I didn't want to accept if everything lined up for both sides. I don't believe in wasting mine or their time and money because they aren't interviewing on campus and it cost several thousands just to crank the damn plane.

Because it is a P5 job in the SEC???? I mean what are they going to say, I am not going to interview unless I have an offer? Not how it works at this level of CFB

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 05:31 PM

What? Multiple coaches are interviewed every year at nearly every school with openings without offers being made. With Elko, I'm sure we asked what would it take to get him but he is up for other jobs or using our job for leverage. If interest increases then the real offer and negotiations will begin but he is a wait it out coach. With Fritz, we just met with him and I'm not sure we are at an offer stage with him yet or just cursory discussions to get ducks in a row. You do your due diligence. But coaches take interviews all the time for leverage with their school or with other schools they are talking with.

CaptainObvious
11-22-2023, 05:38 PM
Because it is a P5 job in the SEC???? I mean what are they going to say, I am not going to interview unless I have an offer? Not how it works at this level of CFB

We haven't offered the job to be turned down by anyone yet is my hope and the point about even interviewing is: Find out if their damn interest is serious before even scheduling an interview. Don't waste our time and we won't waste yours Coach!

We are looking for a guy who WANTS to move his family to The Great Prairie of East Mississippi!

If Fritz said no, then our Admin damn sure tried to lowball him. No way a 63 year old probably looking at his last chance to coach in a P5 conference turns down $4.5 to $5 mil! And that is why I say no one has been offered that Selmon seriously thought he could get!

Todd4State
11-22-2023, 05:42 PM

Completely different working environment and culture in the coaching world compared to the regular job sector.

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 05:46 PM
We haven't offered the job to be turned down by anyone yet is my hope and the point about even interviewing is: Find out if their damn interest is serious before even scheduling an interview. Don't waste our time and we won't waste yours Coach!

We are looking for a guy who WANTS to move his family to The Great Prairie of East Mississippi!

If Fritz said no, then our Admin damn sure tried to lowball him. No way a 63 year old probably looking at his last chance to coach in a P5 conference turns down $4.5 to $5 mil! And that is why I say no one has been offered that Selmon seriously thought he could get!

You understand there are different stages of the interview process right? You start with a large list, preliminary discussions, second rounds of interviews, then finalists, then offer to your guy. You try not to make official offers to more than 1 guy...throwing out offers and getting rejected by multiple guys causes a cluster chaos in a coaching search. But what we are doing is by far the norm in coaching searches.

Catfish
11-22-2023, 05:46 PM
Jeff Lebby says Hi.

CaptainObvious
11-22-2023, 05:48 PM
Completely different working environment and culture in the coaching world compared to the regular job sector.

What business man does and interview and offers the job to someone who at the end of the interview doesn't say <I WANT THE JOB!> I have never gotten a job from an interview without asking for it. I have never offered a job in an interview who if the candidate didn't ask for it.

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 05:48 PM

Exactly

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 05:50 PM
What business man does and interview and offers the job to someone who at the end of the interview doesn't say <I WANT THE JOB!> I have never gotten a job from an interview without asking for it. I have never offered a job in an interview who if the candidate didn't ask for it.

Yeah...these are coaches not businessmen and it's a different interview process with agents and coaches involved.

AROB44
11-22-2023, 05:51 PM
remember Selmon's words (paraphrased): "If you're not hearing it from me, it's not real."

CaptainObvious
11-22-2023, 05:53 PM
You understand there are different stages of the interview process right? You start with a large list, preliminary discussions, second rounds of interviews, then finalists, then offer to your guy. You try not to make official offers to more than 1 guy...throwing out offers and getting rejected by multiple guys causes a cluster chaos in a coaching search. But what we are doing is by far the norm in coaching searches.

As I understand it from this thread we apparently interviewed guys who are not interested in our job. Why? Your post here identifies the process and I get that. To get to the Interview phase, someone should show serious interest in the job. Chadwell doesn't have interest and should not have been interviewed. Waste of time by both sides. College football is a business. All phases should work like a business.

StarkVegasSteve
11-22-2023, 05:58 PM
As I understand it from this thread we apparently interviewed guys who are not interested in our job. Why? Your post here identifies the process and I get that. To get to the Interview phase, someone should show serious interest in the job. Chadwell doesn't have interest and should not have been interviewed. Waste of time by both sides. College football is a business. All phases should work like a business.

He is going to show interest long enough to get a raise. It is the game you have to play in this business. Just like interviewing for a job in the business world and using it as leverage to get a raise.

bobcat91
11-22-2023, 06:00 PM

And that's the whole point. How can we say someone is out of the running, when no one knows who is

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 06:01 PM

Dude, there is interest, that's why we spoke with them. That interest changed - Chadwell, undetermined - Elko, etc. You have to do your due diligence with every coach that is on your A and AA list. If it's a top candidate you have to talk with them, even if in the end it's their agent moving things in the background for something else.

CaptainObvious
11-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Dude, there is interest, that's why we spoke with them. That interest changed - Chadwell, undetermined - Elko, etc. You have to do your due diligence with every coach that is on your A and AA list. If it's a top candidate you have to talk with them, even if in the end it's their agent moving things in the background for something else.

So it was back channel talks, not formal interviews then?

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 06:08 PM
And that's the whole point. How can we say someone is out of the running, when no one knows who is

I just listed coaches in the running. Chadwell and Malzhan have pulled out. Leipold was never very serious...I mean what more do you want? You asked specifically who we are getting I gave you the best answer I have, now it's "no one knows who is" in the running...come on man.

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 06:10 PM
So it was back channel talks, not formal interviews then?

We met face to face with more than one candidate. Multiple of our people, Selmon included met with them. It's how coaching searches go.

NeuteredDawg
11-22-2023, 06:13 PM
Starkville MS is a hard sell. Ask any non MS homer and literally any P5 location is equivalent or better.

SteelCurtain74
11-22-2023, 06:25 PM
Starkville MS is a hard sell. Ask any non MS homer and literally any P5 location is equivalent or better.

I would take Starkville over Gainesville every day of the week. Other than the campus, the city of Gainesville is a $hithole.

Maroonthirteen
11-22-2023, 06:30 PM

Yeah. I'm from the GTR. So my perspective is Starkville is great. However if someone offered me a job in Manhattan or lawerence KS or Pullman, WA or Corvallis, OR..... I dnk.

TheLostDawg
11-22-2023, 06:33 PM

Same with Oxford. A bunch of smoke from Homer's on how great it is. Thing is, it's just a small town. Square is nice but that's all there is. Some nice restaurants. News flash, go to Laural MS and it has a nice downtown and restaurants too. Starkville does a well. Starkville doesn't have the downtown like Oxford but if you talk with people that have been to Starkville lately they rave about the cotton district. The media hypes Oxford up because that's where a lot of them went to school. The one thing that is better is the public schools. Other than that it's not much better.

What I've noticed is the people that talk crap on Starkville, if you ask them the last time they've been there, you'll get two answers. 1- never 2- not in the last decade.

Now I know that you're troll and are likely going to have a great day tomorrow but yall's day is coming too. Doctors (especially since a great deal of them didn't go to college in Oxford) and the majority of lawyer aren't going to donate big money and not on a scale boosters from Texas and OK will. Ole miss is about to be right back where they were a few years ago

RockyDog
11-22-2023, 06:41 PM
I would take Starkville over Gainesville every day of the week. Other than the campus, the city of Gainesville is a $hithole.
Yes but that shithole is 2 hours from Orlando and Tampa. Our shithole is 2 hours from Jackson and Birmingham. Pretty huge difference.

EdwardDrayton
11-22-2023, 06:43 PM

A salary can make everything glitter like gold.

CaptainObvious
11-22-2023, 07:14 PM

And at these salaries, you could fly in the Dean of Cambridge and have him or her Home School your kids. So Schools are no longer a factor either.

Dawgology
11-22-2023, 07:47 PM

This. The more I travel the more I realize i don’t need to travel to enjoy myself. Not really. And Orlando, Dallas, Atlanta, NY just doesn’t float my boat anymore after a few visits. I’ve found I have everything that I need and want right where I’m at in rural MS. If I want to experience something amazing I’m going to Europe, Caribbean Isles, Fiji, Japan, or Thailand. I can guarantee you most coaches think the same way. Those dudes STAY in the road and in the office they aren’t traveling to Orlando on their off weekends hahahah!

TheLostDawg
11-22-2023, 08:10 PM
This. The more I travel the more I realize i don’t need to travel to enjoy myself. Not really. And Orlando, Dallas, Atlanta, NY just doesn’t float my boat anymore after a few visits. I’ve found I have everything that I need and want right where I’m at in rural MS. If I want to experience something amazing I’m going to Europe, Caribbean Isles, Fiji, Japan, or Thailand. I can guarantee you most coaches think the same way. Those dudes STAY in the road and in the office they aren’t traveling to Orlando on their off weekends hahahah!

This.

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 08:22 PM
Michigan St appears to be going for Jonathan Smith as their top guy.

Coursesuper
11-22-2023, 08:39 PM

Pullman Washington

NeuteredDawg
11-22-2023, 08:42 PM
Pullman Washington

Equivalent or better

civildawg
11-22-2023, 08:43 PM
Dang can't even pull Liberty's HC, seems like expectations should be lowered dramatically

Cowbell
11-22-2023, 08:44 PM
Some of you need to save your melt for Thursday - will be plenty of chances for that then - let this play out

basedog
11-22-2023, 08:47 PM
Dang can't even pull Liberty's HC, seems like expectations should be lowered dramatically

Well, he does have two more games to play, I’m not saying he is out or not, but he has to keep rumors at bay. Just saying.

DownwardDawg
11-22-2023, 09:04 PM
Some of you need to save your melt for Thursday - will be plenty of chances for that then - let this play out

Very true

DownwardDawg
11-22-2023, 09:05 PM
Well, he does have two more games to play, I’m not saying he is out or not, but he has to keep rumors at bay. Just saying.

This. Things will get real interesting come Friday. If we haven't announced by Monday then I'm betting it's Chadwell.

bobtail bob
11-22-2023, 09:08 PM
If this is true it?s pretty dam disappointing. I wanted this guy, When I listened to him talk it resonated.

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 09:10 PM
This. Things will get real interesting come Friday. If we haven't announced by Monday then I'm betting it's Chadwell.

Looks like we will be announcing pretty soon. Sunday / Monday I would guess

HancockCountyDog
11-22-2023, 10:26 PM
Looks like we will be announcing pretty soon. Sunday / Monday I would guess

If you had to list four possible names, who would they be?

War Machine Dawg
11-22-2023, 10:34 PM

I'd be happy with Lashlee.

Turfdawg67
11-22-2023, 11:28 PM

Of course I haven't read this whole thread yet, but where are all the people saying "this isn't like prior searches", "there's great interest in our job"? Great interest from shlubs, I guess.

civildawg
11-22-2023, 11:33 PM
Of course I haven't read this whole thread yet, but where are all the people saying "this isn't like prior searches", "there's great interest in our job"? Great interest from shlubs, I guess.

Based on the names floated out today, this has been the most underwhelming search since croom. Liberty's coach told us thanks but no thanks, LIBERTY

HancockCountyDog
11-23-2023, 12:33 AM
Based on the names floated out today, this has been the most underwhelming search since croom. Liberty's coach told us thanks but no thanks, LIBERTY

I let myself think we could get Chadwell. That is on me.

Todd4State
11-23-2023, 02:37 AM

If he doesn't want to be here both parties are better off. It's not personal. I saw a video of him that Liberty put out and the impression I got was that he was really happy there and seems like a great fit for them and him.

If we did get him he would probably leave ASAP. If Beamer gets fired by South Carolina next year and Chadwell wants to go closer to home how would that look for us?

Yes he was at Delta State for one year but the vast majority of his career has been in the South Carolina/Virginia/East Tennessee area.

Todd4State
11-23-2023, 02:38 AM

He always had a Napier feel to me. Our boosters were head over heels on him but he just didn't share the interest.

Pancho
11-23-2023, 08:21 AM
If you had to list four possible names, who would they be?

no particular order right now. fritz, Odom, Sumrall, Lebby. Maybe Elko reaches back out if A&M tells him no..........

bobtail bob
11-23-2023, 11:23 AM

He would have been the best we could have done.
We will look back on the failure this hiring was in a few years. Watch.

Of course if I thought my boss was going to be this weak alpaca looking beta I would probably hold off too.

https://i.postimg.cc/3kPhpK0g/Pres-Alpaca.jpg (https://postimg.cc/3kPhpK0g)