PDA

View Full Version : Battle for the Golden Egg Strategies

SailingDawg
11-21-2023, 05:56 PM
Jett spy Dart. Bookie spy Judkins. Thoughts?

EdwardDrayton
11-21-2023, 05:59 PM
Pray. A lot.

Coursesuper
11-21-2023, 06:00 PM
Best strategy is to consume copious amounts of the bourbon of your choice and make it easier for you.

Jarius
11-21-2023, 06:06 PM

Jett doesn’t need to spy anyone.

R2Dawg
11-21-2023, 06:14 PM

Bookie got to be free enough to be Bookie - meaning blitz, sacks, etc.

Dart scrambling could be a dagger for us. Happened all year, we get some pressure but don't get the sack and then a QB scramble for 20 yards. That can't happen Thurs.

We can't sit back and allow Dart to pick our secondary apart. We must pressure and maybe hold back a fast safety to get Dart if he darts. Blitz the gaps so it can slow the run too.

DawgFromOxford
11-21-2023, 06:33 PM
Jett spy Dart

You lost me here

Thick
11-21-2023, 06:44 PM
Zone coverage, reduce big plays, try to contain Judkins, and make them eat clock to score if possible. Hopefully our offense will have a night where EVERYTHING goes our way, but have lots of alcohol to ease the pain !

Leeshouldveflanked
11-21-2023, 08:58 PM
Jett doesn?t need to spy anyone.
^^^^Jett is an undersized DT playing LB.

CadaverDawg
11-21-2023, 09:00 PM
Zone coverage, reduce big plays, try to contain Judkins, and make them eat clock to score if possible. Hopefully our offense will have a night where EVERYTHING goes our way, but have lots of alcohol to ease the pain !

This is the only strategy. No big play TD's given up. Make them drive the length of the field and hope we hold to FG's. Run the ball or short passing game to eat clock and shorten the game. Gotta limit their possessions

lastmajordog
11-21-2023, 09:01 PM
I fear the crossing pattens and then the deep balls. If the DOG offense can put pressure on them it might be a game,,,,JMHO.

LC Dawg
11-21-2023, 10:54 PM
I think we have to bring pressure and hope for some turnovers and short fields. It obviously could backfire and get us beaten badly but the only other option would seem to be trying to limit Judkin and force Dart to beat you and I think he would.
Offensively I think we have to be aggressive and successfully throw deep some but I'm not sure we can pull that off. We have to get the ball to Tulu, Zavion, and Seth Davis. Use what little speed we have.

dawggoneit
11-21-2023, 11:01 PM
Don't drop the soap, keep our backs to the wall, and we might not get it as bad as I think we will.

confucius say
11-21-2023, 11:09 PM
What is Dart's injury and how healthy is he? Saw he didn't practice Monday.

parabrave
11-21-2023, 11:23 PM

Jett isn't fast enough to spy him/ Just line up all 11 in a tackle to tackle box and bull rush.

parabrave
11-21-2023, 11:26 PM
Best strategy is to consume copious amounts of the bourbon of your choice and make it easier for you.

Winner. Or just stuff yourself so you have to take a nap around 6.

Todd4State
11-22-2023, 03:10 AM
What is Dart's injury and how healthy is he? Saw he didn't practice Monday.

I doubt they're going to want to run him a whole lot unless they can't help it.

Todd4State
11-22-2023, 03:17 AM
I think we have to bring pressure and hope for some turnovers and short fields. It obviously could backfire and get us beaten badly but the only other option would seem to be trying to limit Judkin and force Dart to beat you and I think he would.
Offensively I think we have to be aggressive and successfully throw deep some but I'm not sure we can pull that off. We have to get the ball to Tulu, Zavion, and Seth Davis. Use what little speed we have.

We'll have to mix up the coverages to do that. We're actually not too bad against the run.

Looking at the stats on offense we probably need to try to run the ball. It will eat up clock and they're not as good against the run. But we can't just run Woody every time.

We need to catch the damn ball when we do throw it. We were awful against USM catching the ball. I think the key play against USM was the skinny post/slant to Zavion in space. We need to do that more.

BuckyIsAB****
11-22-2023, 07:09 AM
They have beaten exactly 0 SEC teams not named Vanderbilt by more than one score. But of course some State folks think they are going to win the next 5 Super Bowls and make Brady jealous. We are going to give them all they want

Jarius
11-22-2023, 08:17 AM
I doubt they're going to want to run him a whole lot unless they can't help it.

It’s the last game of the year and they have little to play for other than pride and plenty of time for him to heal. I expect them to go balls out and try to run it up if they can. I actually don’t expect the game to get out of hand and think we will play hard, but I don’t think Lane’s mentality is going to be to protect Dart at all.

lastmajordog
11-22-2023, 04:40 PM
Although om has beaten most SEC teams by one score, these are also (except Arky) teams that laid the wood to the DOGS, scored almost at will and held the Dogs offense on life support. Those crossing patterns and long passes are what concerns me.

EdwardDrayton
11-22-2023, 05:10 PM
We will need help with turnovers, penalties and a lack of execution on their part. It's possible we win but not likely. If they play a clean game, we're in trouble.

MrCoachKlein
11-22-2023, 05:12 PM
held the Dogs offense on life support.

LSU aside no one did that with our starting QB.