PDA

View Full Version : Head coach rumor.....

Pages : 1 [2]

Really Clark?
11-22-2023, 12:30 PM
With chadwell out, who has the real finalists here? Anyone?

I know we have spoken with Elko, Fritz, Sumrall and Odom besides Chadwell. I think there is someone else but Selmon is keeping things pretty tight. That may be the real target after Chadwell. Elko we have to wait out the pecking order to see how much his interest is in leaving Duke for here.

StarkVegasSteve
11-22-2023, 12:35 PM
I know we have spoken with Elko, Fritz, Sumrall and Odom besides Chadwell. I think there is someone else but Selmon is keeping things pretty tight. That may be the real target after Chadwell. Elko we have to wait out the pecking order to see how much his interest is in leaving Duke for here.

I do not believe it to be very high. I also know he wants to be sure he is out of the hunt for A&M and Michigan St before making a decision on our job. I think we would have to overpay what he is worth as well. Again that is knowledge from A&M people out here in DFW. He is on their list, but he is down a few notches from the top.

HoopsDawg
11-22-2023, 12:41 PM
I actually do know most of them. Those names are not coming from a media member of ours. I mean if you are holding out hope for Kleiman or Leipold then I cannot help you. THEY ARE NOT COMING. NEITHER OF THEM. Chadwell is also out barring a change of heart on his part.

Edit: There is a 2% chance on Kleiman so he is not at 0% like Leipold.

If there's a 2% chance at Klieman, pls go all in.

StarkVegasSteve
11-22-2023, 12:51 PM
If there's a 2% chance at Klieman, pls go all in.

Agreed 100%. If he is remotely interested then you back the Brinks truck up.

DesotoDog1967
11-22-2023, 12:54 PM
Nick Saban, Alabama: $11.7 million
Kirby Smart, Georgia: $11.25 million
Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M: $9.5 million
Brian Kelly, LSU: $9.5 million
Josh Heupel, Tennessee: $9 million
Lane Kiffin, Ole Miss: $9 million
Mark Stoops, Kentucky: $9 million
Billy Napier, Florida: $7.4 million
Shane Beamer, South Carolina: $6.5 million (raise following 2022 season)
Eli Drinkwitz, Missouri: $6.5 million (extension following 2022 season)
Hugh Freeze, Auburn: $6.5 million
Sam Pittman, Arkansas: $6.2 million
Clark Lea, Vanderbilt: $3.75 million
Zach Arnett, Mississippi State: $3 million

So, what is the max?

civildawg
11-22-2023, 12:55 PM

I seriously can't believe Odom is on our list. I mean we've already watched him fail at another SEC school just a couple of years ago. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

Catfish
11-22-2023, 12:57 PM
Hopefully 9 million

HoopsDawg
11-22-2023, 12:58 PM

So, what is the max?

For Kileman I would go 7.5-8.

For Sumrall I would go 4.

Odom would be 5.5-6.

Catfish
11-22-2023, 01:00 PM

What about Lebby? I'm only asking because of the Oklahoma connection with Selmon.

StarkVegasSteve
11-22-2023, 01:01 PM

So, what is the max?

I think the highest you would go for any candidate,that is on our list in a realistic fashion, is probably 6.5. If Kleiman would entertain it I think you go 7.5.

BrunswickDawg
11-22-2023, 01:05 PM
Didn't say one thing about defunding baseball. But I also don't believe that it should be a huge money sink either. Football is the money maker and it is the only money maker. Therefore it deserves to command most of the attention. Because lets be honest. Other than a sign on the OF fence and some flags around the stadium, what did the baseball natty do to move the needle of the Mississippi State University athletic department?

That's thing - our university and alumni have built an ecosystem for baseball so that it is not a money sink like most schools. Continuing to foster that makes sense because of our history and competitiveness there. Treating it as a "JV sport" would actually cost us more money because we would lose support. It should all be moot for the next decade as the ESPN/ABC money kicks in.