PDA

View Full Version : No charges for Winston- good for him

Coach34
12-05-2013, 02:58 PM
He can move on and get that bullshit behind him.

Political Hack
12-05-2013, 02:59 PM
that was the only logical conclusion once they announced that there would be an announcement.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 03:00 PM
yep

FlabLoser
12-05-2013, 03:01 PM
I'd like to know what the facts are behind not charging him. The prosecutors put it out that his DNA matched what as allegedly on an alleged rape victim. Sounds open & shut. Or maybe it was consensual and how she wants attention or revenge.

DanDority
12-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I'd like to know what the facts are behind not charging him. The prosecutors put it out that his DNA matched what as allegedly on an alleged rape victim. Sounds open & shut. Or maybe it was consensual and now she wants attention or revenge.

Bingo!

Coach34
12-05-2013, 03:14 PM
I'd like to know what the facts are behind not charging him. The prosecutors put it out that his DNA matched what as allegedly on an alleged rape victim. Sounds open & shut. Or maybe it was consensual and how she wants attention or revenge.

He never denied having sex with her. She obviously didnt have any injuries that would raise questions of being raped. No torn clothing or anything like that for them to make a case.

Todd4State
12-05-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm glad too. I like Winston a LOT better than Tebow. Just an unreal talent, and he fits any offense. I guess Saban lost out on him because of baseball.

Moral of the story- stay away from crazy women.

Goat Holder
12-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Or maybe it was consensual and how she wants attention or revenge.

Answered your own question.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Moral of the story- stay away from crazy women.

but that is soooo damn hard to do- crazy ***** is the best

FlabLoser
12-05-2013, 03:28 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/yeah_that_annie.gif

dawgfan016
12-05-2013, 03:33 PM

Sadly, this is 100% correct.

Tbonewannabe
12-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Possibly money talks. Jordan Jefferson was innocent also even though I saw him on tape kick the guy. No matter what happened the cop royally ****ed up on this case. She reported the rape after it happened and the cop basically didn't investigate for months.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Sadly, this is 100% correct.

You just have to keep your guard up and realize that running with the crazy ones eventually brings consequences. Fortunately Winston is coming thru with just a bruise on his rep

Drugdog
12-05-2013, 03:38 PM
What woman is not bat shit crazy?
My damn Bulldog who is female is freaking nuts.

HereComesTheSpiral
12-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Please God, let him get the heisman and not that hack at Bama. I work with too damn many of them and I would hate going in every day if McCaron won by default.

Bass Chaser
12-05-2013, 04:10 PM
From listening to ESPN Radio, they found another male's DNA besides Winston's, her blood alcohol level was .04, her memory was inconsistent, and they didn't find any other drugs in her system. There were also eye witnesses that didn't support her side.

BoomBoom
12-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Bingo!

that doesn't make any sense. she reported it immediately (rules out revenge or remorse), and she didn't ID him as the guy for over a month, which rules out revenge and money. it makes sense not to charge, as there's just no evidence that can't be explained by consensual sex, but come on, if it wasn't the hometown football star he'd have been charged that week.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 06:57 PM
that doesn't make any sense. she reported it immediately (rules out revenge or remorse).

Neither does what you said. Reporting it immediately does nothing to rule out remorse.

Example:

She is drunk at the party and is there with her b/f. She sees Winston and they end up slipping off to have sex. Somebody catches them and tells her b/f about it. She starts crying to him and says she was raped. Then goes and reports it. Remorse

Until we hear more facts- there is no way of knowing.

OldFatDog
12-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Neither does what you said. Reporting it immediately does nothing to rule out remorse.

Example:

She is drunk at the party and is there with her b/f. She sees Winston and they end up slipping off to have sex. Somebody catches them and tells her b/f about it. She starts crying to him and says she was raped. Then goes and reports it. Remorse

Until we hear more facts- there is no way of knowing.

You said it yourself. There is no way of knowing. Yet that doesn't stop you and others from making all kind of allegations about her. It is no wonder that so few victims of sexual assault report the crime.

OurState
12-05-2013, 07:10 PM
He can move on and get that bullshit behind him.

This is quickly becoming a crazily misogynistic thread base don total speculation. No good can come from it.

Dawgface
12-05-2013, 07:12 PM
You said it yourself. There is no way of knowing. Yet that doesn't stop you and others from making all kind of allegations about her. It is no wonder that so few victims of sexual assault report the crime.

Ain't that the truth.

Political Hack
12-05-2013, 07:25 PM
no one will ever know what happened except him and her.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 08:03 PM

Well, you can know what the facts are- and the overiding fact is that he isnt going to be charged. That means there is almost no evidence to support her side- because if there was- he would be.

OldFatDog
12-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Well, you can know what the facts are- and the overiding fact is that he isnt going to be charged. That means there is almost no evidence to support her side- because if there was- he would be.

No. It means that the DA doesn't think that he could get a conviction. OurState is right about this thread. It needs to disappear.

Ronny
12-05-2013, 08:14 PM
...with murder so he is good to go.

Just like the NCAA, TV networks, ESPN, etc had millions of dollars tied up in the success of Cam Newton, they likewise have untold millions tied up in the success of Winston.

So who gives a shit if he beat a girl. At least he didn't kill her.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 08:19 PM
No. It means that the DA doesn't think that he could get a conviction.

If he thought he had any decent evidence- he could send it to a grand jury to let them decide if Winston should be charged. But he isnt even doing that.

BoomBoom
12-05-2013, 08:23 PM

that's just ignorant. the evidence is her testimony, and his DNA. which is almost always enough basis for a charge. unless the cops don't want to charge.

OldFatDog
12-05-2013, 08:27 PM
If he thought he had any decent evidence- he could send it to a grand jury to let them decide if Winston should be charged. But he isnt even doing that.

You are in over your head. The DA is ethically prohibited from advancing charges if he doesn't think that he can get a conviction. There is nothing to celebrate about this situation.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 08:33 PM
that's just ignorant. the evidence is her testimony, and his DNA. which is almost always enough basis for a charge

Thats the dumbest shit I've ever heard

There has to be some type of evidence of wrongdoing. All the DNA proves is that they had sex- it doesnt say a damn thing about whether it was consensual or not. Evidence means beat up, bruised, his DNA under her fingernails trying to scratch him....shit like that.

By your statement, every man in the world could be charged with rape after every sexual encounter as long as the woman has his DNA and she testifies he did it

Coach34
12-05-2013, 08:35 PM
You are in over your head. The DA is ethically prohibited from advancing charges if he doesn't think that he can get a conviction. There is nothing to celebrate about this situation.

Over my head?? Wow. Answer this:

What are grand juries used for?

OurState
12-05-2013, 08:37 PM

This is effectively a Rorschach Test.

If Winston played for Bama we would be convinced it was a cover up a thug who raped Mother Theresa. If he played for us he would be saint with a reputation and Heisman campaign hurt by a crazy woman.

We don't have enough facts to speak intelligently and would look smarter if we shut up (and deleted this thread).

The irony of the juxtaposition of a thread about psycho women claiming rape and one accusing TSUN boards of racism should not be lost on anyone.

OldFatDog
12-05-2013, 08:41 PM
This is effectively a Rorschach Test.

If Winston played for Bama we would be convinced it was a cover up a thug who raped Mother Theresa. If he played for us he would be saint with a reputation and Heisman campaign hurt by a crazy woman.

We don't have enough facts to speak intelligently and would look smarter if we shut up (and deleted this thread).

The irony of the juxtaposition of a thread about psycho women claiming rape and one accusing TSUN boards of racism should not be lost on anyone.

Exactly. This thread needs to go. Sooner rather than later.

BoomBoom
12-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Thats the dumbest shit I've ever heard

There has to be some type of evidence of wrongdoing. All the DNA proves is that they had sex- it doesnt say a damn thing about whether it was consensual or not. Evidence means beat up, bruised, his DNA under her fingernails trying to scratch him....shit like that.

By your statement, every man in the world could be charged with rape after every sexual encounter as long as the woman has his DNA and she testifies he did it

the evidence he of wrongdoing is her testimony. the DNA backs up her testimony. the argument that it was consensual is what is known as a DEFENSE.

and yes, every man could be charged in those circumstances. and usually are. hell, there's a ton of CONVICTIONS in that scenario.

BoomBoom
12-05-2013, 08:43 PM
Over my head?? Wow. Answer this:

What are grand juries used for?

have you never heard the joke that a good DA can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 08:46 PM
the evidence he of wrongdoing is her testimony.

That is not evidence- that is called an accusation. There must be evidence to support her accusation

BoomBoom
12-05-2013, 08:57 PM
That is not evidence- that is called an accusation. There must be evidence to support her accusation

Testimony IS evidence. the courts give it far more credence than they should. usually. And there was evidence to support her testimony: his DNA. i agree that it would basically be a he said/she said case, and that we shouldn't try people on such a basis. but you need to open your eyes and realize it happens everyday......well, unless you are a protected individual, like a collegetown football player. if that happened to anyone else, at the very least the cops would drag the suspect in for an hours long interview where they'd try to trick/scare him into a confession. instead the cops tried to dissuade the woman.

Look coach, guys get charged all the time based on testimony ("accusations") alone. WITHOUT DNA to confirm that at the least sex, consenual or not, took place. to say there's not enough evidence for a charge is just a cop out.

Coach34
12-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Testimony IS evidence.

Yes- but nobody is going to be charged on that alone. There has to be something more than her saying he did it. And that has nothing to do with him being the QB at Fla State

Did you ever think that the cop tried to dissuade her because there was no other physical evidence other than the DNA? No bruising, no skin of his under her fingernails, no torn clothes, no pulled hair, etc...? And that is why the cop told her not to pursue it- because he simply saw a he said/she said?

Political Hack
12-05-2013, 09:22 PM
and since I'm on a roll... locked.

think everyone has gotten their opinions in and it's remained tolerable. I'll salvage it before it goes downhill and becomes a "rape board" instead of a sports board.