PDA

View Full Version : Lame Kitten whispers to A&M start growing louder

Coach34
11-20-2023, 01:38 PM
Buzz starting to get louder Lame may be about to the next lucky recipient of stupid A&M money

mo7888
11-20-2023, 01:43 PM
Buzz starting to get louder Lame may be about to the next lucky recipient of stupid A&M money

It's a beautiful thing...

DawgFromOxford
11-20-2023, 01:52 PM
Eh I?ll believe it when I see it. Lane seems to have it pretty sweet where he?s at unfortunately. But money talks so who knows

C&DDAWG32
11-20-2023, 01:53 PM
I'd be surprised if he does. I'm sure he'll get a pay raise either way though.

msstate7
11-20-2023, 01:54 PM
Good and bad...
Good - OM loses a really good HC
Bad - we looking at same time as OM

Bully1972!
11-20-2023, 01:56 PM
Lane wants to be on the biggest stage he can be on and that ain't Ole Miss.

Thick
11-20-2023, 02:00 PM
Good and bad...

I agree. OM is doing well, so Kiffin leaving while we are hiring a HC is not a good thing. Plus, they will pay top dollar for a sitting P5 HC, and they have upside on their current roster where as we will be a complete rebuild. He needs to stay at the plantation!

TheLostDawg
11-20-2023, 02:02 PM
Good and bad...

Hopefully not. I hope this isn't a Cohen hire and things are wrapping up

parabrave
11-20-2023, 02:02 PM
Maybe the Male cheerleaders should dress in all white stand at Midfield face the OM sidelines and do weird body movements before the game. The ultimate Troll Job on Lane.

Anonymous
11-20-2023, 02:03 PM
Eh I?ll believe it when I see it. Lane seems to have it pretty sweet where he?s at unfortunately. But money talks so who knows

Who knows. The Auburn fiasco last year would have been the perfect opportunity for him to negotiate a very Lane-friendly buyout that would make a move easier. Day and DeBoer will both have to say no for them to get to Lane as an option though. Day is almost certainly just fishing for a raise but DeBoer is packing first and asking questions later if he gets the shot.

Anonymous
11-20-2023, 02:07 PM
I agree. OM is doing well, so Kiffin leaving while we are hiring a HC is not a good thing. Plus, they will pay top dollar for a sitting P5 HC, and they have upside on their current roster where as we will be a complete rebuild. He needs to stay at the plantation!

They haven't paid for a sitting P5 coach since Houston Nutt, and they basically got him as a handoff. Not sure why anyone would assume they will do anything other than what their last few hires have been, which is basically the same thing we are doing. There aren't any sitting P5 options they can pull who are good enough to justify it, just doesn't make sense to go that route.

Its the same thing with us really. Could we pay Elko? Absolutely. Does it make sense to write a massive check to hire him over Chadwell? Absolutely not.

Jarius
11-20-2023, 02:13 PM

We do not need him there. The chance of them messing up the next hire is very high, considering their hiring past. I don't care if we are looking for another coach at the same time or not. He needs to be gone for us to reach our full potential, no matter who we end up hiring.

MaroonFlounder
11-20-2023, 02:21 PM
We do not need him there. The chance of them messing up the next hire is very high, considering their hiring past. I don't care if we are looking for another coach at the same time or not. He needs to be gone for us to reach our full potential, no matter who we end up hiring.

Why are we scared of Lane Kiffin?

If we take care of business we will OWN his ass.

He's already pissed a lot of people within that program off.

TrapGame
11-20-2023, 02:21 PM
The odds of them landing someone like Lane again are not in their favor.

These morons will hire Petrino and spin it as the best hire they've made since Vaught.

Cowbell
11-20-2023, 02:35 PM
Good and bad...

I normally agree but would you rather take over this S show or try taking over a possible 10 win team. Most coaches would much rather take over a disaster so as to have a few years grace period. Also, the total differences in the two schools likely make it to where a guy isn't a great fit at both.

Cowbell
11-20-2023, 02:36 PM
Lane at A&M would be a problem for all of us though

William Tecumsah Sherman
11-20-2023, 02:49 PM
We don?t play the Aggies every year starting next year. We will play OM. I want Lane to leave after we?ve hired Chadwell.

DownwardDawg
11-20-2023, 02:51 PM

Some of us say that about our job as well and get reminded by the smart people that we have a terrible job. 5-6 million per year for winning 6-8 games per year at State is a terrible job.

We shall see. He's leaving but I'm not sure it's gonna be for aTm. Those people are stupid and strange.

Bubb Rubb
11-20-2023, 02:53 PM

I get what you're trying to do, but...

woof
11-20-2023, 03:04 PM

I think Kif is gone but he's waiting for Sun Belt Billy to get canned at Florida. UF is the more ideal landing spot for Kif....

basedog
11-20-2023, 03:17 PM
Jimbo to Old Dixie*

Bubb Rubb
11-20-2023, 03:27 PM
Jimbo to Old Dixie*

He would be perfect for them.

And by perfect for them, I mean perfect for us.

Johnson85
11-20-2023, 03:38 PM
I think Kif is gone but he's waiting for Sun Belt Billy to get canned at Florida. UF is the more ideal landing spot for Kif....

I don't think UF is really a better spot. UF and A&M are both great jobs. Prior to NIL I would have said UF is better. Better recruiting grounds and not a clear little brother in the state like A&M is to Texas.

But with NIL, A&M is just as good and probably better than UF. Yes, they are weird as 17, but Gainesville isn't exactly South Florida. It's just Alabama with frosted tips.

The only thing UF has compared to A&M is that it's a shorter flight to Miami. I'm not sure how big of a deal that is though when you're flying in a private plane.

I really don't think Lane is going to pass on a stupid contract from A&M because of hopes that he will get a similar contract from FLorida next year. Billy could turn it around and it might not even open. You just don't get that many options at the truly top tier schools. Just not sure Lane is going to pass on a $70M contract and top notch NIL support in hopes that a better job opens up. And if A&M offers him a $100M contract, I really don't see him passing it up.

Coach34
11-20-2023, 03:40 PM

I was thinking that too but was reminded that A&M has crazy money and his main frustration is he cant get enough talent to Mississippi compared to Bama and Georgia. At A&M he could get alot closer.

DownwardDawg
11-20-2023, 03:45 PM
I was thinking that too but was reminded that A&M has crazy money and his main frustration is he cant get enough talent to Mississippi compared to Bama and Georgia. At A&M he could get alot closer.

aTm has already proven they can buy more talent than anyone, including Bama and UGA.

DownwardDawg
11-20-2023, 03:46 PM
He would be perfect for them.

And by perfect for them, I mean perfect for us.

They're not that stupid. But that would be awesome!!!

Commercecomet24
11-20-2023, 03:50 PM
Jimbo to Old Dixie*

One could only hope lol!

Coursesuper
11-20-2023, 03:54 PM
One could only hope lol!

Amen to that.

Maroonthirteen
11-20-2023, 04:02 PM
Kiffins agent is doing work. Rebs better dig deep and cough it up.

DownwardDawg
11-20-2023, 04:06 PM
Kiffins agent is doing work. Rebs better dig deep and cough it up.

Yep. Just like the Auburn rumors last year. Sexton putting those rumors out there.

basedog
11-20-2023, 04:22 PM
Aggies may have money but doesn’t mean they will get 85 top players in the country. Not everyone wants to go to College Station. Bama says hold my beer. To me it’s a toss up with Florida and TAM. Florida caught lightning in a bottler with Urban. Aggies never have

Santiago
11-20-2023, 04:33 PM
The short term beauty in this, is we may have our coach locked up in the next few days, and ole miss will be dealing with this fall out next week or 2.

bobcat91
11-20-2023, 04:34 PM
If I remember correctly, Lanes girlfriend is in Dallas. Much closer at College Station

TrapGame
11-20-2023, 04:37 PM
If I remember correctly, Lanes girlfriend is in Dallas. Much closer at College Station

I was thinking something along those lines. His kids would have hated Auburn, AL but the DFW area is entirely different.

EdwardDrayton
11-20-2023, 04:41 PM
A&Mediocre does not learn lessons easily.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2023, 04:57 PM
Lane and Danny boy are one and the same. You hear the rumors each year and every year they deny it until they don't and leave and at some point laney is leaving, if not this year probably by the next. He wants to win an nc and he knows he won't at om. He's just biding his time just like dan.

woof
11-20-2023, 05:07 PM
I don't think UF is really a better spot. UF and A&M are both great jobs. Prior to NIL I would have said UF is better. Better recruiting grounds and not a clear little brother in the state like A&M is to Texas.

But with NIL, A&M is just as good and probably better than UF. Yes, they are weird as 17, but Gainesville isn't exactly South Florida. It's just Alabama with frosted tips.

The only thing UF has compared to A&M is that it's a shorter flight to Miami. I'm not sure how big of a deal that is though when you're flying in a private plane.

I really don't think Lane is going to pass on a stupid contract from A&M because of hopes that he will get a similar contract from FLorida next year. Billy could turn it around and it might not even open. You just don't get that many options at the truly top tier schools. Just not sure Lane is going to pass on a $70M contract and top notch NIL support in hopes that a better job opens up. And if A&M offers him a $100M contract, I really don't see him passing it up.

Problem is, everytime Ross Bjork or Bdork or anyone gives a press conference at TexAM, they open by saying "Howdy!" lol. I just don't see Kif saying "Howdy!" every time he speaks to ppl at TexAMa. Kif doesn't seem like a cultural fit there and I just don't see a California type guy or Florida type guy like Kif going to TexAM...but crazy money does talk but he would be a "northerner" to the Texas oil money/good ole boy network which would be an odd fit. That is why I mentioned Kif being a much better seemless cultural fit at Florida.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2023, 05:13 PM
Here is why I think it's very possible lane could win up at am. They have crazy money and don't give a crap how they spend it(see Jimbo). They're tired of watching Jimbo pedestrian offense that gave them zero excitement. They want excitement and they might just throw stupid money at lane. Time will tell. Either way ol lane bout to get paid again by somebody, lol.

NCDawg
11-20-2023, 05:17 PM
I hope Kiffen does go to Texas A&M. Maybe we can get Traylor to come with us.

RocketDawg
11-20-2023, 05:21 PM

Isn't he making something like $9M at OM? I wonder what A&M will have to come up with for him to leave Oxford.

RocketDawg
11-20-2023, 05:23 PM

Well, both A&M and OM are going to bowls. We likely are not. We could hire a good, new guy Friday morning and they'll have to wait a while.

Really Clark?
11-20-2023, 05:26 PM
Well, both A&M and OM are going to bowls. We likely are not. We could hire a good, new guy Friday morning and they'll have to wait a while.

Don't get your hopes up on a hire this weekend. It may even be after the conference championships a week later.

Catfish
11-20-2023, 05:30 PM
Don't get your hopes up on a hire this weekend. It may even be after the conference championships a week later.

Any idea who we're looking at?

LC Dawg
11-20-2023, 05:33 PM

Lane may want to be close to his girlfriend but I'll bet Joey Freshwater would like a little distance between them.

Santiago
11-20-2023, 05:43 PM

I wasn't expecting an announcement, but was more assuming a letter of understanding. Do you think that is also pushed out as well?

GoDawgz
11-20-2023, 05:50 PM
"But.... but..... but..... we have the Grove!" says every UM homer!

State82
11-20-2023, 05:52 PM
Here is why I think it's very possible lane could win up at am. They have crazy money and don't give a crap how they spend it(see Jimbo). They're tired of watching Jimbo pedestrian offense that gave them zero excitement. They want excitement and they might just throw stupid money at lane. Time will tell. Either way ol lane bout to get paid again by somebody, lol.
And, there is no state income tax in Texas. That can be somewhat substantial when talking about those kind of salaries.

Westdawg
11-20-2023, 05:57 PM
My personal take -
Lane wants Bama. He?s willing to sit until Bama comes open (at least he has).
It?s obvious when Saban talks this past year, he has gotten a little (very little) nostalgic and talks about building relationships with his players and bridging them beyond football. I?ve heard him several times at conferences, and he?s as good as anyone to make the ?rah rah - building men? speech?but I?ve noticed it?s different lately, you can see it in his eyes as he talks. He knows it?s getting close.
I personally believe that - definitely if he wins it all this year, and I think that?s his focus?like really real focus - he?s riding off into the sunset.
He doesn?t want to have to navigate these recruiting waters anymore with portal and now the NIL.
He doesn?t like the thought of having an extended playoff. He and his staff won?t have the chance to hyper focus on one (or two) opponents, but have to possibly play three games in a row after a conference championship AND the Iron Bowl. It?s a lot, and he knows it.
And I know we all think there?s bad blood there between them, but I think Kiffen gained Saban?s respect behind closed doors. He?s the only guy who stood his ground with Saban and survived it and did his own thing.
I think Lane is waiting for Bama to come calling.

Commercecomet24
11-20-2023, 06:12 PM

I agree. I think at earliest it'll be next Monday or as you said after conference championship games.

Really Clark?
11-20-2023, 06:25 PM
Any idea who we're looking at?

Yeah but I'm not going to claim it's for sure going to be Chadwell, Fritz, Sumrall, Lebby, etc. Chadwell is one of the ones on top of the list with mutual interest...got to chase out mutual interest in our job vs interest to get a pay raise though. I know there are reports we have made an offer, we may have but I don't have confirmation of that. Malzhan may be more in play now Ark is off the board but I need to hear more to say he is absolutely up the list. We are still chasing P5 Head coaches as well, still think it's a long shot but after firings / hirings after this weekend that may clear up.

Really Clark?
11-20-2023, 06:28 PM
I wasn't expecting an announcement, but was more assuming a letter of understanding. Do you think that is also pushed out as well?

If we get a LOU prior, it still won't be announced until after their season is over or as much as possible keep it under wraps in deference to that coach, school and his team to finish first.

DownwardDawg
11-20-2023, 06:30 PM
Aggies may have money but doesn?t mean they will get 85 top players in the country. Not everyone wants to go to College Station. Bama says hold my beer. To me it?s a toss up with Florida and TAM. Florida caught lightning in a bottler with Urban. Aggies never have

I mean, they just did it a few years ago. Signed the best recruiting class that's ever been signed by anyone. Y'all remember that? Pissed Saban off. They have the money. They can do it regularly if they want to.

Santiago
11-20-2023, 06:34 PM
If we get a LOU prior, it still won't be announced until after their season is over or as much as possible keep it under wraps in deference to that coach, school and his team to finish first.

But that is what I originally meant with the post. Assuming the LOU holds up, then Ole Miss dealing with a coach loss next week should not affect us if we have it locked up end of this week.

Really Clark?
11-20-2023, 06:36 PM
But that is what I originally meant with the post. Assuming the LOU holds up, then Ole Miss dealing with a coach loss next week should not affect us if we have it locked up end of this week.

Oh yeah, gotcha. That's true, as long as we get that done first and if the other side is willing to go ahead and sign.

Catfish
11-20-2023, 06:44 PM
Yeah but I'm not going to claim it's for sure going to be Chadwell, Fritz, Sumrall, Lebby, etc. Chadwell is one of the ones on top of the list with mutual interest...got to chase out mutual interest in our job vs interest to get a pay raise though. I know there are reports we have made an offer, we may have but I don't have confirmation of that. Malzhan may be more in play now Ark is off the board but I need to hear more to say he is absolutely up the list. We are still chasing P5 Head coaches as well, still think it's a long shot but after firings / hirings after this weekend that may clear up.

Thanks for keeping everyone in the loop.

TrapGame
11-20-2023, 07:49 PM

RB is saying we have definite interest from two sitting P5 coaches. The speculation is one of them is K State's Kleiman.

msstate7
11-20-2023, 07:52 PM
RB is saying we have definite interest from two sitting P5 coaches. The speculation is one of them is K State's Kleiman.

If this is true, make the hire right now. Search over

TALL DAWG
11-20-2023, 08:02 PM
Lane Train is loading up as we wait to see where his next stop will be

Mjoelner34
11-20-2023, 08:03 PM

delete

Santiago
11-20-2023, 08:09 PM
Aggie sites mention Arizona coach, Washington coach, and ....Ryan Day, as three coaches of interest. Lane is way way down their list.

Really Clark?
11-20-2023, 08:09 PM

I haven't heard Klieman as having interest

TrapGame
11-20-2023, 08:12 PM
I haven't heard Klieman as having interest

Then Rosebowl has better sources. ****

confucius say
11-20-2023, 08:13 PM
Aggie sites mention Arizona coach, Washington coach, and ....Ryan Day, as three coaches of interest. Lane is way way down their list.

Ryan day. Haha.
I could see Fisch landing there.

Really Clark?
11-20-2023, 08:22 PM

Ha. Probably so

Coursesuper
11-20-2023, 08:23 PM

Rosey knows exactly dick. Why does anyone give anything he prints the time of day?

TrapGame
11-20-2023, 08:39 PM
Rosey knows exactly dick. Why does anyone give anything he prints the time of day?

That's why I finished with these ****.

Nobody knows dick.

CaptainObvious
11-20-2023, 08:44 PM
That's why I finished with these ****.

Nobody knows dick.

I know who it is but I have been sworn to secrecy until the day it is announced.

Catfish
11-20-2023, 08:57 PM
I know who it is but I have been sworn to secrecy until the day it is announced.

Bert leaking the name?

Homedawg
11-20-2023, 09:14 PM

Understandings are worthless. Ask Tenn and Dan.

Homedawg
11-20-2023, 09:16 PM

But he wil tell you he knew when it was over. And there are people that will have known. But it won't be him. Trust me

Homedawg
11-20-2023, 09:17 PM

You might. Not calling you a liar but I'm right w a top 5 booster and he doesn't know who it is ...

KOdawg1
11-20-2023, 09:27 PM
But he wil tell you he knew when it was over. And there are people that will have known. But it won't be him. Trust me
Exactly. The dude leaves himself an out with everything he says.

"Coach X has shown interest in being the next coach, but here are 3 reasons why it probably won't happen, but never say never because it might."

That's how he presents nearly everything

lastmajordog
11-20-2023, 09:43 PM
"But.... but..... but..... we have the Grove!" says every UM homer!

And EVERY TV ANNOUNCER......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarius
11-20-2023, 10:23 PM
Why are we scared of Lane Kiffin?

If we take care of business we will OWN his ass.

He's already pissed a lot of people within that program off.

He’s about to win 10 games for the 3rd time in 4 years. If I have to explain further why that’s not good for Mississippi State then I don’t know what to say other than you’re just not ever going to get it.

Pancho
11-21-2023, 07:05 AM
I expect A&M to look harder at Kitten if Chadwell chooses to stay at Liberty.

Johnson85
11-21-2023, 09:47 AM
You might. Not calling you a liar but I'm right w a top 5 booster and he doesn't know who it is ...

I would hope by now it is known which boosters can be trusted and which can't. I mean, if you need the money from a booster, you kind of have to fill him in, even if you don't trust him to not repeat what he hears, but you'd hope we have enough trustworthy ones with enough money that we don't have to involve ones that really want to show off what we know. And you'd think most people with enough money to be involved in signing off on buyouts and new commitments wouldn't be worried about showing off that they're in the know, but obviously that's not 100% true at any school.

Johnson85
11-21-2023, 09:56 AM
Isn't he making something like $9M at OM? I wonder what A&M will have to come up with for him to leave Oxford.

It's going to be expensive, but they can do a lot just by extending his deal. Lane has a deal now that extends beyond 4 years, and it should be enforceable, but there is always the possibility they try to renege on it and claim it was void under Mississippi law. If A&M goes $1M more a year and gives him an 8 year deal, that's going to be a pretty significant difference.

But to make it compelling to leave financially, they are going to have to go right back to Jimbo territory, which they may not want to do after just getting burned.

Homedawg
11-21-2023, 10:27 AM
It's going to be expensive, but they can do a lot just by extending his deal. Lane has a deal now that extends beyond 4 years, and it should be enforceable, but there is always the possibility they try to renege on it and claim it was void under Mississippi law. If A&M goes $1M more a year and gives him an 8 year deal, that's going to be a pretty significant difference.

But to make it compelling to leave financially, they are going to have to go right back to Jimbo territory, which they may not want to do after just getting burned.

It completely legal. Just not the part the state is paying. We have a coach w the same type of contract

DawgFromOxford
11-21-2023, 10:38 AM
And, there is no state income tax in Texas. That can be somewhat substantial when talking about those kind of salaries.

If you go apples to apples, in Mississippi he's making 9 million and paying a 5% state income tax, so he's paying $450,000 to the state of Mississippi. By moving to Texas he essentially get's a 5% pay raise by getting to keep that $450,000.

Really Clark?
11-21-2023, 10:50 AM
If you go apples to apples, in Mississippi he's making 9 million and paying a 5% state income tax, so he's paying $450,000 to the state of Mississippi. By moving to Texas he essentially get's a 5% pay raise by getting to keep that $450,000.

You have to adjust for property taxes, sales taxes and cost of living in Texas as well. That's not a $450,000 raise after adjustments.

confucius say
11-21-2023, 11:01 AM
Google tells me MS sales tax is 7 and Texas is 6.25.
College station and Oxford property taxes probably aren't much different.

RockyDog
11-21-2023, 11:12 AM
You have to adjust for property taxes, sales taxes and cost of living in Texas as well. That's not a $450,000 raise after adjustments.

Why? The HC at A&M is not going to have to buy a car or a house for himself. So property tax is irrelevant.

DownwardDawg
11-21-2023, 11:14 AM

Yeah. I'm in Tennessee now. No state income tax. And let me tell you.....it's way more expensive to live here than in Mississippi. Especially if we're talking housing/land.

Really Clark?
11-21-2023, 11:15 AM
Google tells me MS sales tax is 7 and Texas is 6.25.
College station and Oxford property taxes probably aren't much different.

Sales tax in College Station is 8.25%. Property taxes have always been higher in Texas.

msstate7
11-21-2023, 11:22 AM
I doubt seriously lane making millions will let taxes factor into this decision. Y'all overthinking this

Santiago
11-21-2023, 12:15 PM
Sales tax in College Station is 8.25%. Property taxes have always been higher in Texas.

Very true. It is another reason you would see cattle grazing between office buildings on empty land, to get that Ag Tax exemption.

farmdawg1
11-21-2023, 12:22 PM
Kiffin's not going to A&M

TStationDawg
11-21-2023, 01:01 PM

Well darn. But Chadwell still to MSU, correct?

Santiago
11-21-2023, 01:08 PM
Yeah. I'm in Tennessee now. No state income tax. And let me tell you.....it's way more expensive to live here than in Mississippi. Especially if we're talking housing/land.

That is definitely why places like Chattanooga, you can go to the first exit in Georgia and shop at Costco, for lower taxes somewhat.
But yeah the prices are still high.

confucius say
11-21-2023, 01:14 PM

Must be a 2% city tax then. But those fluctuate.

But who cares. That's $1.25 more for every $100 you spend. When you make 10 million, who cares.

Catfish
11-21-2023, 01:17 PM
Well darn. But Chadwell still to MSU, correct?

I think we're all playing musical chairs. Won't know anything till next week.

DownwardDawg
11-21-2023, 03:26 PM
That is definitely why places like Chattanooga, you can go to the first exit in Georgia and shop at Costco, for lower taxes somewhat.
But yeah the prices are still high.

I'm 25 miles northeast of Nashville. The market is ridiculous. More than I ever dreamed I would spend on a home.

RocketDawg
11-21-2023, 08:07 PM
I'm 25 miles northeast of Nashville. The market is ridiculous. More than I ever dreamed I would spend on a home.

The growth rate in the Nashville area is similar to Austin. I read recently that the cost of living in Nashville has now exceeded the national average, which is saying something for a Southern city.

lastmajordog
11-22-2023, 03:16 PM
My nightmare is if LK takes om to the 12 team playoff next year if he stays.........it would be insufferable......truly HELL on earth. Guess we need to be thankful it doesn?t start till next year. DOGS have got to find a way to win Thursday.....GO DOGS!!

Pancho
11-22-2023, 04:33 PM
Lame has all his kids with him in oxfart, he quit drinking and has found a steady love for the first time in his life. he may try and stay there several more years

MrCoachKlein
11-22-2023, 05:15 PM
he quit drinking

So all we need to do to win is have someone shell out $300 for some Papi 23 year?*

EdwardDrayton
11-22-2023, 05:20 PM
Load him up with what's left of that $160 million check, five years of Top Five recruiting and finish 4-4 in the conference every 17n year. Good luck Kitten. Jimbo says hi!!

RezDog7
11-22-2023, 06:53 PM

But Chadwell still coming to msu?

Pancho
11-22-2023, 08:01 PM
no