PDA

View Full Version : As I told you guys last week

Coach34
11-20-2023, 11:54 AM
Jeanspage is doing even better now that Pawwwwl has left. I dont know the specifics but told it was something about him constantly arguing with customers. I dont go over there- so no idea.

https://twitter.com/JoshHarvey247/status/1726634741179527372

RockyDog
11-20-2023, 11:59 AM
Paul is a pre Madonna

StarkVegasSteve
11-20-2023, 12:09 PM
Paul always had good info but he would get into pissing matches on all their boards, including the political board.

RiverCityDawg
11-20-2023, 12:14 PM
Jeanspage is doing even better now that Pawwwwl has left. I dont know the specifics but told it was something about him constantly arguing with customers. I dont go over there- so no idea.

There are a lot of people that had yearly subs that went over to On3 and aren't renewing. Wish Steve the best though. He's got the corner on the over 70 market, for sure.

Anonymous
11-20-2023, 12:25 PM
There are a lot of people that had yearly subs that went over to On3 and aren't renewing. Wish Steve the best though. He's got the corner on the over 70 market, for sure.

Yeah, they are screaming the ship is fine because its still floating. Nevermind the water rising and those missing planks. Lets see how things look after the annual subs roll off and the coaching search bump fades.

Jarius
11-20-2023, 12:28 PM
Both Paul and Steve were doing fine business wise premerger and will do fine going forward.

Randolph Dupree
11-20-2023, 12:29 PM

This is correct. I am one of those people; my subscription is up in December and I won't be back. I joined during one of those $50 for a year sign up drives and forgot to cancel before it renewed at full price. It's awful over there. If you criticize Steve's work he comes after you. The. There are the constant ass kissers "thank you Steve you work so hard". That dude is a total narcissist and to top it off the info isn't even that good. Also, I'm not sure what reality some of the posters live in over there. Just dumb stuff. Like one dude (a poster) started a thread about getting Les Miles.

confucius say
11-20-2023, 12:30 PM
Give me Steve any day of the week. And I'm way way under 70.

I wonder how it will set up if Robbie is indeed leaving.

bobcat91
11-20-2023, 12:34 PM

They have put something like that out at least 3 times. And it's BS each time. I went to ON3 and won't be back on 247. Why would you. Frommer is a tool, Rion is a joke that provides no info. Steve doesn't give you bones and hasn't done a chat for months. It's so bad Jean is coming on and posting how great everyone is. Sorry, but no one thinks they are blowing up

Santiago
11-20-2023, 12:51 PM
I rather be over here than those 2 places.
Rosebowl posting so much on Auburn board about "My Friend John Cohen"
Then Paul and Robbie arguing with everyone as if they think posters are a nuissance.
Both have great qualities and love MSU, but I guess I am just nitpicking on the things each one would do.

RiverCityDawg
11-20-2023, 12:55 PM
Both Paul and Steve were doing fine business wise premerger and will do fine going forward.

Steve's going to have to dig in like before though. He's capable of keeping the ship afloat, but if Robbie leaves he's going to have his work cut out for him. I don't know that the new hires are up to snuff.

Cooterpoot
11-20-2023, 01:00 PM
The Templeton crowd love Steve. The Selmon crowd love Paul.
To each their own. It's two guys trying to make a living. They'll both be fine.

MaroonFlounder
11-20-2023, 01:04 PM
I know some folks on this forum that are going to take exception with some of the things said in this thread about jeans247....that are VIP lifers over there. LOL

confucius say
11-20-2023, 01:06 PM
Steve and Coach are similar in a lot of ways. And I don't mean that in a bad way.
Both have good info.
Both are very opinionated.
Both are a bit of lightning rods.
Both come across as self focused.
Both have big personalities.

mo7888
11-20-2023, 01:11 PM
I left 247 4 years ago... joined on3 last week... I've no interest in Steve...as for Paul, I've never had an issue with him.

Coach34
11-20-2023, 01:25 PM
I left 247 4 years ago... joined on3 last week... I've no interest in Steve...as for Paul, I've never had an issue with him.

I have no issue with Paul either- dont know him. We've interacted a couple of times and thats it. Just going off some things I hear from time to time. Rosey and I talked some years ago and are fine. I do see where he goes to games on the road and covers stuff live whereas others dont. Got to give him some props for that

confucius say
11-20-2023, 01:35 PM
I have no issue with Paul either- dont know him. We've interacted a couple of times and thats it. Just going off some things I hear from time to time. Rosey and I talked some years ago and are fine. I do see where he goes to games on the road and covers stuff live whereas others dont. Got to give him some props for that

He's the only person on the beat who does that

Jarius
11-20-2023, 01:35 PM
Steve's going to have to dig in like before though. He's capable of keeping the ship afloat, but if Robbie leaves he's going to have his work cut out for him. I don't know that the new hires are up to snuff.

He will be fine, I’m sure.

mo7888
11-20-2023, 01:41 PM

My gripe with Steve just boils down to all the thread deletions and micro managing people opinions. I just don't play well with that game. I'm sure he puts in the effort and on a personal level I'd probably get along with either guy. I'm just not into the censorship thing. It's kinda why I'm here. I can be pro air raid...or anti air raid...bust some chops and get my chops busted and still say whatever I want...

defiantdog
11-20-2023, 02:00 PM
Maybe 247 will get an app now that lets you read the forums since they're doing so well.

BigDawg81
11-20-2023, 02:11 PM
Give me Steve any day of the week. And I'm way way under 70.

I wonder how it will set up if Robbie is indeed leaving. Robbie is leaving? I?m not sure any of those guys like working for Steve.

STATEBALLIN
11-20-2023, 02:38 PM

What I read is coaching searches, especially football, are great for business. The best posters have left 247 and gone to On3.

TDawg8159
11-20-2023, 03:49 PM
I left after 6 years bc of Pawwwwl, how he treated ppl and the "Know it All 11" attack squad condoned by Pawwwl and Robeeee. If they both gone, I may try going back. Steve is 1st Class.

Maroonthirteen
11-20-2023, 06:44 PM
the "Know it All 11" attack squad condoned by Robeeee. .

I actually like Paul's information. However, It only took me a few months to cancel. I got a subscription in 2022 and quickly grew bored with every thread being the 11 aholes arguing with everyone.

Political Hack
11-20-2023, 10:42 PM
I know Paul has not reported information when the university asked him not to. Multiple times. He won't sell out the school just for clicks. To me, that's what has always separated him from others.

RezDog7
11-20-2023, 10:47 PM
Just waiting out my sub and I'm gone.

Todd4State
11-21-2023, 02:51 AM
The best thing I like about Genespage is the baseball board.

Most people will probably end up subscribing to both- just like the old days.

SpaceBully
11-21-2023, 07:18 AM

That's the reason I left. Paul got down into the weeds with the subscribers arguing and pissing off a lot of folk. I told him he should be more professional and stay above the fray. Just do his stories, interviews, etc, and not worry what the clientele were saying. He's a decent journalist, but just couldn't help himself from fighting with the customers openly on the boards.

STATEBALLIN
11-21-2023, 10:09 AM
That's the reason I left. Paul got down into the weeds with the subscribers arguing and pissing off a lot of folk. I told him he should be more professional and stay above the fray. Just do his stories, interviews, etc, and not worry what the clientele were saying. He's a decent journalist, but just couldn't help himself from fighting with the customers openly on the boards.

He definitely did that. I think he was sort of bitter about the situation.

Irondawg
11-21-2023, 10:18 AM
The Paramount+ subscription included makes it worth it for me as the wife is getting that anyway, otherwise I wouldn't renew for many of the reasons stated above. I do like Paul, but I'm not paying for 2 sites and recruiting is so crazy now that nothing really matters until a day or two before signing day.

bobcat91
11-21-2023, 11:37 AM
And this is why you may see an uptick in subscribers on 247:they are giving subscriptions away. 75%off.

KOdawg1
11-21-2023, 12:07 PM
It's all about what you prefer. The younger crowd tends to gravitate towards Paul. It's a more PG-13 setting where people are allowed to argue and to speak their mind more freely. Yes, he'll argue back but I like that about him.

GP is for the older folks. Way more sunshine. Way more moderation. Steve is still in tune with things, but not as much as he used to be since Cohen left and Leach passed. Dave Murray is a waste of space over there. Can't read half the shit he writes. Justin Frommer is soft as charmin.

I prefer Paul and soon to be Robbie