PDA

View Full Version : We need a HC who can pull Phil Longo as OC or GJ Kinne as OC and Barry Odom as DC

woof
11-20-2023, 10:59 AM
My dream team would be an existing Head Coach who is established enough to be able to run an entire FB program including NIL, transfer portal and knowledgeable in today's recruiting world of third party flesh peddlers who have their hands out, and the dirty, underground network at tsun. But we also need an existing Head Coach who has the experience & connections to be able to pull top notch OCs & DCs like Phil Long as our OC or DJ Kinne as our OC and Barry Odom as our DC or Kane Wommack as our DC. This head coach has to have the charisma /experience/connections to be able to pull a dream team type staff of the the younger/up and coming/ Offensive & defensive coordinators and let them do their thing.

CaptainObvious
11-20-2023, 08:29 PM
A Dream Team if you will!

Catfish
11-20-2023, 08:32 PM
Show Me the Money!!

dawggoneit
11-20-2023, 10:17 PM
Coach O! Yaw yaw yaw

BuckyIsAB****
11-20-2023, 11:42 PM
Why do we want Longo

Cooterpoot
11-20-2023, 11:57 PM
Damn

Todd4State
11-21-2023, 02:49 AM
I think it would be great if we got someone like Odom because then we could hire Lebby as OC/AHC and also probably get James Shibest who has been considered one of the top ST coaches for awhile from UNLV as ST coach.

That would be a really good staff. All we would have to do is make sure we surround them with elite recruiters and we would be good to go.

MrCoachKlein
11-21-2023, 02:45 PM
Why do we want Longo

He's so chivalrous that he knew never to let Dalton Knox touch the ball more than once a game. It just wouldn't be fair to the other team.

MrCoachKlein
11-21-2023, 02:47 PM
I think it would be great if we got someone like Odom because then we could hire Lebby as OC/AHC and also probably get James Shibest who has been considered one of the top ST coaches for awhile from UNLV as ST coach.

That would be a really good staff. All we would have to do is make sure we surround them with elite recruiters and we would be good to go.

Every 2-3 years we'd have to do a total offensive scheme rebuild with an entire new language. There's a reason defensive head coaches aren't very popular. We could probably do a lot worse than Odom though.

woof
11-21-2023, 03:46 PM
Why do we want Longo

Creative, high-tempo, pass heavy offense but with an established running game. His offense is geared toward WRs, pass catching RBs and most importantly dual-threat, mobile QBs but who are very accurate passing. He has a track record of being VERY GOOD as an OC everywhere he has been and has a positive track record of calling plays in the SEC & ACC (ole miss, North Carolina and before that too). Now he is at Wisconsin but their football program is more about he run historically, so they are not utilizing Longo's creativity in the passing game at Wisconsin, IMHO. All he has done as an OC is score points and score in the RED ZONE.

Goldendawg
11-21-2023, 03:59 PM

Please tell me more about these "elite recruiters" of which you speak. I am very unfamiliar with this concept since viewing my first MSU game in 1963 at at age 8.***

Westdawg
11-21-2023, 06:19 PM
I wouldn?t say Longo?s tenure at Ole Miss was successful?.but maybe Im not remembering correctly.