PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Several of our commitments received bumps in rating today on Rivals.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 02:13 PM
I don't read Rivals, but I follow Robbie on twitter and he said Brandon Bryant, Lashard Durr, Hoyett, and a few others received bumps today.

Also, Cory Thomas got a HUGE bump to the #20 in the country at his position. Any chance we can still sway him to be a bulldog? Or is he Tennessee for sure?

FISHDAWG
12-05-2013, 02:24 PM
he still has an OV scheduled to campus in Janurary ...... Scout has him as a "soft" verbal to UT

EnterpriseDawg
12-05-2013, 02:25 PM
I don't read Rivals, but I follow Robbie on twitter and he said Brandon Bryant, Lashard Durr, Hoyett, and a few others received bumps today.

Also, Cory Thomas got a HUGE bump to the #20 in the country at his position. Any chance we can still sway him to be a bulldog? Or is he Tennessee for sure?

Paul Jones in his percentages thread put flipping him above 50%

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 02:28 PM

Wow, that is GREAT news.

maroonmania
12-05-2013, 02:34 PM

Rosebowl thinks he won't end up flipping for whatever that is worth.

Political Hack
12-05-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm 100% sure that either Rosie or Paul one will be right.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 02:36 PM

Even BETTER news! Yes

FISHDAWG
12-05-2013, 03:00 PM
the UT fans kept themselves all over his twitter ... maybe it works or maybe not ... he seemed to enjoy it. I think these young guys today don't mind the attention they get from the "ADULTS" contrary to what the message board geniuses say

Coach34
12-05-2013, 03:02 PM

This will probably be one of the 2 times out of 10 he is correct

engie
12-05-2013, 03:05 PM
the UT fans kept themselves all over his twitter ... maybe it works or maybe not ... he seemed to enjoy it. I think these young guys today don't mind the attention they get from the "ADULTS" contrary to what the message board geniuses say

Ah -- so a post making fun of "message board geniuses" -- while stereotyping every kid as being the same. Strong irony, don't you think?

It's more about making an adequate determination of which ones enjoy it and which ones don't -- and going from there. It's been obvious since day 1 that he enjoyed it -- and there isn't a damn person here that would tell you otherwise.

FISHDAWG
12-05-2013, 03:34 PM
what in the hell are you talking about ? .... not making fun of anyone - why don't you re-read my post before stumbling all over yourself to sound like a smart ass . Engie, you are one of the most knowledgeable posters on here but your propensity for cynicism takes away from that sometimes

smootness
12-05-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm 100% sure that either Rosie or Paul one will be right.

Hey, as long as neither ones makes a 100% claim, they'll both be right.

If I tell you there is a 99% chance Cory Thomas sticks with Tennessee, I'm still right if he goes to State, that was the 1% chance. *wink*

engie
12-05-2013, 04:27 PM
what in the hell are you talking about ? .... not making fun of anyone - why don't you re-read my post before stumbling all over yourself to sound like a smart ass . Engie, you are one of the most knowledgeable posters on here but your propensity for cynicism takes away from that sometimes

I read it twice before I replied to it. It's ridiculous how much our fanbase tries to simplify things in order to either bitch about our team, our recruits, or other fans. You made a sweeping generalization that I found to be nowhere close to true.

Our fans have done NOTHING wrong in the recruitment of Cory Thomas and MSU has shown him PLENTY of love on twitter and elsewhere. This one is NOT on the fans in any way whatsoever.

maroonmania
12-05-2013, 05:33 PM
This will probably be one of the 2 times out of 10 he is correct

True he is wrong a lot but I thought it was normally from saying we were getting someone that we don't get. Not sure if he has ever predicted us NOT to get someone that we did get.