PDA

View Full Version : Playing field technology question

RocketDawg
11-18-2023, 12:11 PM
Two weeks ago, the midfield logo was the interlocking MSU and it looked great. Today, it's the cursive "State" and it also looks great.

The question is: How is the logo changed without any hint at al of the previous one. No ghosting, no nothing. And it obviously hasn't been re-sodded.

How's that done? Do they paint the green playing surface (I assumed it was just overseed with perennial rye).

Anybody know?

Coursesuper
11-18-2023, 12:37 PM
It has been resodded.

RocketDawg
11-18-2023, 01:44 PM
It has been resodded.

Well, they did a fantastic job then. The re-sod is not visible at all.

Coach34
11-18-2023, 01:46 PM
Well, they did a fantastic job then. A re-sod is not visible at all.

my guess is they did it right after the game/early Sunday so they would have the full 2 weeks to get it ready

Coursesuper
11-18-2023, 02:16 PM
my guess is they did it right after the game/early Sunday so they would have the full 2 weeks to get it ready
Yep it was done Sunday after Ky game. Can still see some seams. It looks great.

chef dixon
11-18-2023, 02:21 PM
Because we are Grass U

RocketDawg
11-18-2023, 02:48 PM
Yep it was done Sunday after Ky game. Can still see some seams. It looks great.

I need that crew to come work on my yard. I've got some common Bermuda creeping into my zorro zoysia. It's dormant now, but looks good from a distance in the summer. But up close I'm a little OC about it.

I can see the seams a little now that it's been played on. Still looks great.

Coursesuper
11-18-2023, 04:25 PM
I need that crew to come work on my yard. I've got some common Bermuda creeping into my zorro zoysia. It's dormant now, but looks good from a distance in the summer. But up close I'm a little OC about it.

I can see the seams a little now that it's been played on. Still looks great.

You just need some fusillade and someone that knows how to spray it.,