PDA

View Full Version : Put your money where your mouth is...

gtowndawg
11-17-2023, 10:13 AM
Sorry, this deserved a stand along thread. The Bulldog Initiative has some donors matching everything up to One Million before Dec 1st. I give a little every month and I gave some yesterday so it will be matched. There's absolutely no reason we can't all give a donation before Dec 1 so it will be matched. I repeat, anything you give will be matched! This also sends a great signal to coaching candidates.

Just go to their site by clicking here to donate. (https://bulldoginitiative.com/)

edited: There's thousands of people on this board. Surely we can get 100 people to donate today right?? Comment if you do.

was21
11-17-2023, 11:05 AM
I signed up for it as well. Not much but imagine every little bit helps.

gtowndawg
11-17-2023, 11:33 AM
I signed up for it as well. Not much but imagine every little bit helps.

Thank you! It will be matched and helps their list grow. I imagine telling a new coach "We've had 350 new people sign up the last few days alone" is appealing.

sleepy dawg
11-17-2023, 01:16 PM
do our monthly donations count toward that or is it just individual donations?

gtowndawg
11-17-2023, 01:56 PM

Just an individual donation of any amount between now and Dec 1 (month stuff doesn't count towards the match. At least that's my understanding). They did post today that any one time gift of $500 or more before Dec 1 will be placed in a drawing for an authentic 1998 interlocking MSU jersey.

deltadawg63
11-17-2023, 03:36 PM
I am a monthly contributor but I also made a separate, one-time donation toward this campaign. We need as many as possible to join in and build momentum!

I am of the mindset that surely there are 3,000 of us loyal fans who cannot give $100,000 a year but can give $1,500-$2,000 to BI which could total $5,000,000 annually. That can cover a lot of ground I am convinced. I completely trust and appreciate Charlie and all of his effort and drive so let's do our part to build our programs and support our athletes.

The timing of this is also extremely important as any coach worth his weight is going to ask and inquire about NIL ability. NIL potential and availability will heavily influence a prospective coach's decision.

MabenMaroon
11-17-2023, 03:52 PM
I put my 7500 pennies per month in starting now. ( not much but sounds better that way )

Commercecomet24
11-17-2023, 04:07 PM
Yep I'm in for monthly and just donated for the drive too!

confucius say
11-17-2023, 04:30 PM

Monthly doesn't count if you are already doing monthly. If you join monthly now I believe it counts.

I do monthly but did a one time so it will be matched.

To the OP point, if you can't give at least something, don't complain on here

ScoobaDawg
11-17-2023, 06:08 PM
Charlie just put a special bonus up.. Donate $500 and be entered to win this classic

https://twitter.com/BulldogNIL/status/1725556507721310413

Dawgface
11-17-2023, 06:24 PM
I said I would never donate to the NIL but made a 1 time donation today. IF we make a good hire I will probably do some monthly too. Cant stand the system but what can you do if you want the program to have a chance?

TheLostDawg
11-17-2023, 06:34 PM
Monthly doesn't count if you are already doing monthly. If you join monthly now I believe it counts.

I do monthly but did a one time so it will be matched.

To the OP point, if you can't give at least something, don't complain on here

I can't figure out how to add a one time purchase to my monthly donations

TheLostDawg
11-17-2023, 06:39 PM
I said I would never donate to the NIL but made a 1 time donation today. IF we make a good hire I will probably do some monthly too. Cant stand the system but what can you do if you want the program to have a chance?

I felt the same way but as much as I pay for tickets, they aren't worth having (or watching) if we aren't good. To be competitive we have to adapt. I succumbed and started monthly donations about 6 months ago

confucius say
11-17-2023, 09:46 PM
I can't figure out how to add a one time purchase to my monthly donations

Click on the link in the top post of this thread.

Then scroll down and click on the brown banner that says "donate to the winning drive"

Should be able to do it

TheLostDawg
11-17-2023, 09:54 PM
Click on the link in the top post of this thread.

Then scroll down and click on the brown banner that says "donate to the winning drive"

Should be able to do it

Got it. Logged in and did what you said and it put my receipt with my other donations

confucius say
11-17-2023, 09:59 PM
Got it. Logged in and did what you said and it put my receipt with my other donations

Good deal. Thanks for joining and thanks for the one time donation. We can make a huge difference of everybody does their part.

ScoobaDawg
11-18-2023, 12:23 AM

Thanks for coming around. It's the future of the sports and yes we all have to do our part.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-18-2023, 12:59 AM
There goes the kiddies new shoes........done.

cheewgumm
11-18-2023, 01:18 PM
We need players. Give to NIL.