PDA

View Full Version : TCU vs. MSU Preview: Part Deaux

TheRef
12-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Okay. So like I said earlier, TCU is a good, not great, team that is known for developing big men. FWIW, MSU is favored by 8.5 so that's a good sign. Also, they've updated the stats and TCU is averaging more assists per game than us (13.4 vs. 13.3). That still doesn't really have much bearing on this game. I'm more worried about our post presence during this game and that may be the deciding factor in this game.

smootness
12-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I'm shocked we're favored by 8.5. Hopefully a very good sign. If we win at all, I'll be very, very happy. If we win by anything approaching double digits, then we just might be more competitive than anybody thought.

I know TCU isn't great but if we can beat teams like that in year 2 with consistency, that will be a fantastic sign for the program.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm shocked we're favored by 8.5. Hopefully a very good sign. If we win at all, I'll be very, very happy. If we win by anything approaching double digits, then we just might be more competitive than anybody thought.

I know TCU isn't great but if we can beat teams like that in year 2 with consistency, that will be a fantastic sign for the program.

I agree Smoot. I think we can win, but I HIGHLY doubt it will be by more than 2-3 points if we do. If anybody is wanting to place a good bet, TCU +8.5 is a pretty good one tonight.

Raytoraid83
12-05-2013, 12:58 PM
There best post player, Fields is out with a broken hand. There second best player Parrish is also out and they have one or two more players listed as questionable. You'll also see a familiar face on the sidelines with Trent Johnson. I don't know what your definition of "good" is but this team isn't. They are what we are in basketball to the big 12.

TheRef
12-05-2013, 01:10 PM
There best post player, Fields is out with a broken hand. There second best player Parrish is also out and they have one or two more players listed as questionable. You'll also see a familiar face on the sidelines with Trent Johnson. I don't know what your definition of "good" is but this team isn't. They are what we are in basketball to the big 12.

If there's one thing I've learned from watching Basketball is never underestimate a team. I did not realize the injuries to the TCU squad so that will definitely have an impact on the outcome of this game and explains such a high spread.

TheRef
12-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Also, for those of you who cannot make it to the game in Starkville this evening, it will be broadcast on ESPNU as it is the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.

msstate7
12-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Also, for those of you who cannot make it to the game in Starkville this evening, it will be broadcast on ESPNU as it is the SEC/Big 12 Challenge.

Wish we would've drawn Kansas***

Coach34
12-05-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm glad they have people hurt. Nobody wept for our ass last year

Dawgface
12-05-2013, 01:30 PM

What time?

TheRef
12-05-2013, 01:31 PM
What time?

6 PM CST

RC3
12-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Just looked at their record. They lost to a team called Longwood and lost to Harvard by 20+They can't be good