PDA

View Full Version : DM

basedog
11-15-2023, 05:31 PM
Interesting interview with DM on Peter Burn radio show asking him about MSU job. "Never say Never".

preachermatt83
11-15-2023, 05:39 PM
He talked about how much he and Megan loved Starkville

Coursesuper
11-15-2023, 05:47 PM
He talked about how much he and Megan loved Starkville

Then he was lying.,

basedog
11-15-2023, 05:54 PM
I'm not sure where DM is listed in the pecking order, but he may be high on list and if are top candidates say no.....it might happen.

Turfdawg67
11-15-2023, 05:57 PM
Then he was lying.,

To be fair, I couldn't wait to move out of Starkville but I look back on it fondly and would move back. Maybe the Mullen(s) have had a change of heart. Dan might take a pay cut if we could get that blasted Target to come too.

basedog
11-15-2023, 06:03 PM
To be fair, I couldn't wait to move out of Starkville but I look back on it fondly and would move back. Maybe the Mullen(s) have had a change of heart. Dan might take a pay cut if we could get that blasted Target to come too.

I can get what u r saying. I graduated from MSU back took a job back home. Couldn't wait to leave Mississippi after several years. Took a job in La and after 4 years couldn't wait to move back to Mississippi.
I think DM gets all this IF he wants to Coach again.

StarkVegasSteve
11-15-2023, 06:12 PM
Then he was lying.,

No he wasn't. I've tried to tell people for a year now that Dan looks back on his time at State a lot more fondly than when he left. He still has plenty of friends in Starkville and tries to get back a few times every year.

Again, Dan is not number 1 on my list and he's probably not number 2. But judging by some of the names that Robertson is throwing out there, and yes I know those are just the ones agents are feeding him, we could do A LOT worse than Dan Mullen

parabrave
11-15-2023, 06:14 PM
Did his buyout have a non compete clause?

Msujd164
11-15-2023, 06:15 PM
Gimme this Dan and I?m all on board!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7Lk5J1FLg&pp=ygUcZGFuIG11bGxlbiBtaXNzaXNzaXBwaSBzdGF0ZQ%3D%3 D

EdwardDrayton
11-15-2023, 06:18 PM
Then he was lying.,

He is a liar you meant to say.

basedog
11-15-2023, 06:20 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7Lk5J1FLg&pp=ygUcZGFuIG11bGxlbiBtaXNzaXNzaXBwaSBzdGF0ZQ%3D%3 D

Never ever was DWS this electric before. Fun times!

parabrave
11-15-2023, 06:22 PM

If Jrob had come back 2015 would've been alot different/

sleepy dawg
11-15-2023, 06:30 PM

That Dan doesn't exist anymore. Dan Mullen will never be a successful head coach for a power 5 school again. Like many others, he's unwilling to change and the game has changed. He lost his fire years ago now. You can't coach in the SEC without an intense passion and fire. If we hire Dan Mullen it will end with us firing Dan Mullen.

Bully1972!
11-15-2023, 06:31 PM
I'm not saying Dan should come back but you can't argue that his tenure was not successful by MSU standards. We pretty much beat everyone we were supposed to beat and were competitive for the most most part when we were the underdog. His job shopping at the end got old but once again that was the most consistent tenure of a MSU coach in modern times. He put a competitive team on the field year after year. I just don't know how he would work in the new transfer portal/NIL world at MSU.

msstate7
11-15-2023, 06:33 PM
That Dan doesn't exist anymore. Dan Mullen will never be a successful head coach for a power 5 school again. Like many others, he's unwilling to change and the game has changed. He lost his fire years ago now. You can't coach in the SEC without an intense passion and fire. If we hire Dan Mullen it will end with us firing Dan Mullen.

You must really know Dan intimately to know all this.

mparkerfd20
11-15-2023, 06:37 PM

How did he quit on that? How did he think the grass was greener somewhere else? How did he think it got better than that I'll never know. I never thought I'd be able to forgive him for quitting on us at the end of every year after 2014-2015.... BUT, if we can get the DM with the fire he had back then back I could get on board with it.... maybe. We better make sure we have one hell of a buy out and penalties in the contract if he shops his name around every year though.

R2Dawg
11-15-2023, 06:41 PM

Yeah I get it; give me those results and yeah I'll take it. Problem is things are different now. We all are fond of those days and it is easy to think just bring back Dan and that all will return. Just not sure about that. I do agree with others we could do worse.

Also agree I think he has grown up a little and realizes how great his time was here. Literally the best time in his career.

Msujd164
11-15-2023, 06:54 PM
Dan literally had tears in his eyes he was so emotional during that dawg walk.

Turfdawg67
11-15-2023, 07:03 PM

Nine years ago and he's very rich... I would be wary of the Dan we'd get. But who knows, maybe he's got something he wants to prove.

Bothrops
11-15-2023, 07:05 PM
No need for him to tarnish his legacy around here.

Turfdawg67
11-15-2023, 07:09 PM
How did he quit on that? How did he think the grass was greener somewhere else? How did he think it got better than that I'll never know. I never thought I'd be able to forgive him for quitting on us at the end of every year after 2014-2015.... BUT, if we can get the DM with the fire he had back then back I could get on board with it.... maybe. We better make sure we have one hell of a buy out and penalties in the contract if he shops his name around every year though.

Probably the same reason Kiffin will eventually leave OM. He thought he needed a bigger place to win a division, a conference title and a national championship.

Turfdawg67
11-15-2023, 07:11 PM

Megan, is that you?!?

parabrave
11-15-2023, 07:15 PM

If Jrob had come back 2015 would've been alot different/

Biguglyjoe
11-15-2023, 07:34 PM
Interesting interview with DM on Peter Burn radio show asking him about MSU job. "Never say Never".

"I haven't spoken with anyone from their administration."

We've all heard that BS before.

Cowbell
11-15-2023, 07:47 PM

I'm sure it's true. Only agents

Biguglyjoe
11-15-2023, 08:14 PM
I'm sure it's true. Only agents

Exactly.

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 08:14 PM
I'm not saying Dan should come back but you can't argue that his tenure was not successful by MSU standards. We pretty much beat everyone we were supposed to beat and were competitive for the most most part when we were the underdog. His job shopping at the end got old but once again that was the most consistent tenure of a MSU coach in modern times. He put a competitive team on the field year after year. I just don't know how he would work in the new transfer portal/NIL world at MSU.

His record against Top 25 teams was horrible.

Coach34
11-15-2023, 09:56 PM

But he ****ing won and never lost to teams like freaking Memphis

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 10:01 PM

Forgetting South Alabama and their relaxing attire in that loss?

Homedawg
11-15-2023, 10:06 PM
Then he was lying.,

That's not 100% true.

Homedawg
11-15-2023, 10:09 PM

If you base it on how they finished the season yes....
but that's not how you should do it. It should be when you played them. Bc if you lose to them and they end up ranked it counts as a loss if you beat them and they end up not ranked due to that game, it doesnt count. Example. Leach beat ole miss last year, he beat a ranked team. It should count. But the rebels didn't end up ranked and therefore, it didn't count as a win vs ranked opponent. Had we lost, it would have counted as a loss vs a ranked opponent bc they would have finished in the top 25. Again, it should be win you play em.

Homedawg
11-15-2023, 10:11 PM

Well, he doesn't have a job, if we wanted him, and he wanted us, we would have made direct contact by now

It_Could_Happen
11-15-2023, 10:22 PM

Bingo. I bet some of you still hold grudges against your high school girlfriends too.

We can?t hire a more qualified coach than Dan Mullen.

Coach34
11-15-2023, 10:23 PM
Forgetting South Alabama and their relaxing attire in that loss?

In the era of NIL- having a guy that is great at recognizing talent would literally be the best thing we could have.

Is Mullen my 1st choice? **** no
But if we miss on our top 3? Bring him back if he wants it.

Commercecomet24
11-15-2023, 10:30 PM
but that's not how you should do it. It should be when you played them. Bc if you lose to them and they end up ranked it counts as a loss if you beat them and they end up not ranked due to that game, it doesnt count. Example. Leach beat ole miss last year, he beat a ranked team. It should count. But the rebels didn't end up ranked and therefore, it didn't count as a win vs ranked opponent. Had we lost, it would have counted as a loss vs a ranked opponent bc they would have finished in the top 25. Again, it should be win you play em.

Amen and amen to this!!! Someone else who gets it!

basedog
11-15-2023, 10:31 PM
In the era of NIL- having a guy that is great at recognizing talent would literally be the best thing we could have.

That was my point, he may not be 1 or 2 top choices but if they don’t take the job hire him. I would think he would be motivated, I never thought he disliked StarkVegas, but his ego wanted a bigger job. Lesson learned I bet.

I think he would do well in the NIL, his contact with former players in the NFL would be an advantage helping. Plus we had very little off field issues.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2023, 10:33 PM

Exactly! People don't like to try to understand this. It's hard.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2023, 10:34 PM
Amen and amen to this!!! Someone else who gets it!

Haha! My man!

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-15-2023, 10:44 PM

We lost to Memphis because of a blown punt return call.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-15-2023, 10:48 PM
No he wasn't. I've tried to tell people for a year now that Dan looks back on his time at State a lot more fondly than when he left. He still has plenty of friends in Starkville and tries to get back a few times every year.

Again, Dan is not number 1 on my list and he's probably not number 2. But judging by some of the names that Robertson is throwing out there, and yes I know those are just the ones agents are feeding him, we could do A LOT worse than Dan Mullen

This is pretty much how I feel. Not my #1 but we can do much worse. We just saw that.

I personally think Dan would come back if asked. I think he would have been more likely to come back right after Leach passed.

He's been here the past several summers to visit friends and hang out. He was here in July. Never say never.

Homedawg
11-15-2023, 10:54 PM

Or bc we couldn't score first and goal from the 2 up 14-0. That doesn't play a part?? Had we done our part game would have been over. We didn't.

Matt3467
11-15-2023, 10:56 PM

Shouldn't have come down to a fluke anyway

Matt3467
11-15-2023, 10:56 PM

5-2 in bowl games is pretty nice too

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 11:01 PM
If Dan was the guy, would it mean we missed on a couple of others? Where do you see him on our list? If the fire is back, let him get most of the band back together with a good DC that would stay more than a year or so. Hail State!

Coach34
11-15-2023, 11:04 PM
If Dan was the guy, would it mean we missed on a couple of others? Where do you see him on our list? If the fire is back, let him get most of the band back together with a good DC that would stay more than a year or so. Hail State!

Mullen has to be Guy 4 or Guy 5...but if we miss on the Top 3 andddd and he wants it- yeah. He knows what he would be getting himself back into. Polk was old when he did Polk 2. Mullen isnt old

Coursesuper
11-15-2023, 11:10 PM
That's not 100% true.

And not 100% false. She is not a fan of the golden triangle.

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 11:18 PM
Mullen has to be Guy 4 or Guy 5...but if we miss on the Top 3 andddd and he wants it- yeah. He knows what he would be getting himself back into. Polk was old when he did Polk 2. Mullen isnt old

Hope we don't miss on a Top 3. I have forgiven his annual job searching and sometimes having us unprepared for OM after the bama losses. That forgetting part is still giving me trouble.*** He and some of the Country Club hated recruiting, but could identify talent & some diamonds in the rough. With enough NIL $, that might carry over well in this crazy NIL/Portal world that may destroy the college game as we know it. Funny how so many on this board predicted the very issues he had at State would doom him at FL within 4 years or so. A DM that wanted to prove he could carry us to the top of the heap again, I could get behind again. Hail State!

Lord McBuckethead
11-15-2023, 11:21 PM
It honestly wouldn?t bother me.

basedog
11-15-2023, 11:35 PM

Well, if there are 3 or 4 coaches on our list better than DM and they choose to come I’m all for it. I have no clue who we get, I just hope they are better than DM who was one of the best ever at StarkVegas that’s just a fact.

I’m for getting the best Coach regardless who it will be.

Todd4State
11-16-2023, 12:09 AM
This is so typical MSU.

People that want Dan want him because he is "safe" or they think he is because he is the most known quantity here.

The issue is MSU needs someone to improve their recruiting office in all phases and I can assure you whether Dan wants to be here or not or whether he is ready to coach again or not he is most certainly NOT the guy you hire if you want your recruiting department upgraded.

People act like he walked on water but he literally had two memorable seasons at MSU- 2010 and 2014 when he lost to Ole Miss while he was looking for a job and then lost the bowl game. Moorhead won 8 games at MSU, Leach won 9 games at MSU and had about as many top 25 wins in 1/3 of the time, and even Croom won 8 games at MSU. So it's not like Dan is the only guy who has shown that he can win here. I really don't get it. Just remember the time he was here and let it be.

Really Clark?
11-16-2023, 07:16 AM
This is so typical MSU.

People that want Dan want him because he is "safe" or they think he is because he is the most known quantity here.

The issue is MSU needs someone to improve their recruiting office in all phases and I can assure you whether Dan wants to be here or not or whether he is ready to coach again or not he is most certainly NOT the guy you hire if you want your recruiting department upgraded.

People act like he walked on water but he literally had two memorable seasons at MSU- 2010 and 2014 when he lost to Ole Miss while he was looking for a job and then lost the bowl game. Moorhead won 8 games at MSU, Leach won 9 games at MSU and had about as many top 25 wins in 1/3 of the time, and even Croom won 8 games at MSU. So it's not like Dan is the only guy who has shown that he can win here. I really don't get it. Just remember the time he was here and let it be.

Todd you wouldn't get it because your opinion of him is a lot lower than their opinion of him. Neither is right or wrong, it's just a biased opinion with valid facts on each side that shapes that opinion. You were one of the more negative posters on Mullen when he was coaching here, so of course your opinion today is shaped by that. I wouldn't hire him back unless we missed on others but I was more positive about him than you were back in the day. So I assume how far I would have to go to call him would be quicker than you. Doesn't make you right or me right, just a biased opinion.

CaptainObvious
11-16-2023, 08:36 AM
We will know in 10 days. I just Hope they are Dynamic, Aggressive, Hungry, Like to go fast, and play Physical with a chip on the shoulders!

AROB44
11-16-2023, 08:39 AM
This is so typical MSU.

Mullen is the second winningest coach at MSU. You act like he was no better than Croom or Moorhead. Just say that you don't like Mullen and let it go at that. I just don't get the dislike and hatred that some have for Mullen. But, that's the MSU way.....always talk down about previous coaches (except Jackie).

basedog
11-16-2023, 08:47 AM
Mullen is the second winningest coach at MSU. You act like he was no better than Croom or Moorhead. Just say that you don't like Mullen and let it go at that. I just don't get the dislike and hatred that some have for Mullen. But, that's the MSU way.....always talk down about previous coaches (except Jackie).

I concur, i believe DM would be out to prove he can win. People and coaches can change. I hate the phrase "that's the MSU way". But no doubt "we eat our own" LOL!

Bubb Rubb
11-16-2023, 08:51 AM

As long as Keenum is here? Never.

basedog
11-16-2023, 08:55 AM
Todd you wouldn't get it because your opinion of him is a lot lower than their opinion of him. Neither is right or wrong, it's just a biased opinion with valid facts on each side that shapes that opinion. You were one of the more negative posters on Mullen when he was coaching here, so of course your opinion today is shaped by that. I wouldn't hire him back unless we missed on others but I was more positive about him than you were back in the day. So I assume how far I would have to go to call him would be quicker than you. Doesn't make you right or me right, just a biased opinion.

Yep.

mo7888
11-16-2023, 09:07 AM
My top 3 is different than most here, but as far as Dan Mullen goes, I've got him in the 4-5 spot on my list. I don't think we should discount him at all and i think Florida downgraded when they let him go.

Lashlee, Kinne, or Traylor are my top 3. Next grouping is Herman or Mullen. If we have to go past that (and I wouldn't expext it), I'd swing for the fences with Garrett Riley, Kittley, or maybe Helton.

TrapGame
11-16-2023, 09:37 AM
We will hire Dan Mullen before we hire a coordinator with zero head coaching experience or a retread like Petrino or Rich Rod.

Duckdog
11-16-2023, 10:04 AM
Are all his baby mamas still around in ms? That could be a plus or a minus

msudawg1200
11-16-2023, 10:09 AM

Polk was 58 to start his second run. Mullen would be 52. Not that big of a difference.

BlackSailsDawg
11-16-2023, 11:07 AM

No way on God's green earth would I ever hire him. There is NO upside to hiring him over most names being talked about. He's not hungry for the game anymore and hates recruiting.

BlackSailsDawg
11-16-2023, 11:13 AM

The hell you say. Lost to Houston, Georgia Tech, SOUTH ALABAMA!

BlackSailsDawg
11-16-2023, 11:16 AM

No. He still has to recruit the player. Yes NIL will play a role, but he still has to recruit the player.

No, don't bring him back at all.

Coach34
11-16-2023, 11:17 AM

Conference USA Champ Houston in Y1
11-3 Orange Bowl Ga Tech in Y1

HancockCountyDog
11-16-2023, 11:18 AM
I feel like Mullen is the Leach option of this year's coaching search.

If we can't land a Chadwell or Leipold type home run hire, I could see us going to Mullen instead of Herman or a coordinator.

TrapGame
11-16-2023, 11:21 AM
No way on God's green earth would I ever hire him. There is NO upside to hiring him over most names being talked about. He's not hungry for the game anymore and hates recruiting.

Well, thank God for the transfer portal. **

Seriously? The only "bad" loss in that three is SA.

No. He still has to recruit the player. Yes NIL will play a role, but he still has to recruit the player.

No, don't bring him back at all.

Mullen is better than half the guys on the list. Mullen should be the fall back, period. We gonna hire Schumann over Mullen? If we do we screwed the pooch in this search and should focus on basketball.

CaptainObvious
11-16-2023, 11:27 AM
I cannot believe y'all are missing THE ONE THING that drives Mullen: his EGO!

Y'all are all saying he is number 4 or 5 and/or the choice if you can't get the first 4 on the hot board. Dan Mullen would absolutely ask Megan and the Kids if they would like to live in Starkville again. Then he would tell his agent to tell Keenum and Selmon that if he isn't the first choice, don't bother calling. He has a job right now that is a heck of a lot easier than coaching football. Do we even know if he takes another coaching job, how much of his buyout at Florida he might lose?

So yes. If State interviews Mullen, it will be because his agent said < Dan is your guy! Shut it down and let's get to work!>

CaptainObvious
11-16-2023, 11:33 AM
And State absolutely disrespected South Alabama to start that game. The players were jumping around smack talking before and during the coin toss. Mullen came out in Khaki Shorts for gosh sakes! Maybe Georgia could do that to a team like South Alabama but State was too close in talent level to USA and had turned down several players who were on that team. Over-confident much??

Anonymous
11-16-2023, 12:07 PM
No way on God's green earth would I ever hire him.

With an expert opinion like this, I guess that wraps it up. Move on, can't hire him.

There is NO upside to hiring him over most names being talked about.

Other than having a much better body of work, having won at our specific school, and 15 years SEC HC experience? There is absolutely upside with him over the others, he's the only one that isn't a massive risk.

He's not hungry for the game anymore

Speculation.

and hates recruiting.

Everyone does. Nobody, and I mean nobody, likes wining and dining arrogant high school kids and their families that typically think their baby is gods gift to sports. Its cancerous, you have to work with some of the worst people on the planet, and it is RIPE with corruption all the way to the core. If someone says they like recruiting they are A) lying B) a world class POS.

DesotoDog1967
11-16-2023, 12:11 PM
Recruiting is great, but doesn't the next couple of years of production come from the portal?

HancockCountyDog
11-16-2023, 12:14 PM
Recruiting is great, but doesn't the next couple of years of production come from the portal?

The portal is great to fill holes, but on a SEC level you can't just rebuild your roster with portal kids. First, there isn't enough high end portal players to go around, and the ones that are high end, are expensive as hell and everyone wants them.

We have to target the G5 kids that are sophomores or juniors that have started and played really well, but not too well. That way we can build some depth and hopefully recruit a few HS kids that are difference makers.

We have to get Stonka back committed to us. He is the type of kid that can be a big time player, plus we have a great shot at keeping on campus for 3-4 years before he goes pro.

Anonymous
11-16-2023, 12:17 PM

Recruiting is far less important now than it once was, especially for us. You still go after the true difference makers, your top guys you think are can't miss. But why sign a 3* who may or may not pan out, and if they do you may or may not lose them, when you can get one who has proven what they can do at a smaller program? That transfer comes with the added benefit of you actually having them for the next 3 years rather than having to worry about them hitting the portal. The new template needs to be much more heavily focused on transfers, we aren't Bama or UGA with the luxury of having 20 four star recruits in every class.

Anonymous
11-16-2023, 12:24 PM
The portal is great to fill holes, but on a SEC level you can't just rebuild your roster with portal kids. First, there isn't enough high end portal players to go around, and the ones that are high end, are expensive as hell and everyone wants them.

Inherently there are more potential transfers each year than there are high school recruits. Recruits are gambles, especially those ranked 3* and lower. A transfer his going to have a higher floor because you've seen what they can do at a collegiate level, they have had another year to develop, and they can't transfer again without sitting. There is overall just less uncertainty. You can't just abandon recruiting. You still have relationships to maintain, and you still want to get the bellcows you have a shot with, but you can cut way back on the ratio of recruits/transfers.

basedog
11-16-2023, 12:25 PM
Recruiting is far less important now than it once was, especially for us. You still go after the true difference makers, your top guys you think are can't miss. But why sign a 3* who may or may not pan out, and if they do you may or may not lose them, when you can get one who has proven what they can do at a smaller program? That transfer comes with the added benefit of you actually having them for the next 3 years rather than having to worry about them hitting the portal. The new template needs to be much more heavily focused on transfers, we aren't Bama or UGA with the luxury of having 20 four star recruits in every class.

I laugh when folks talk about DM not liking recruiting, hell no he doesn't but most don't anyway. All I know, DM coached up a lot of 2- and 3-star players and produced a bunch in the NFL.
I'm not predicting he will be our coach, I have no idea, but I don't hate DM, fact is I'm thankful for him being at Msu 9 years. That ain't happened very much at Msu, JWS with 12 years is the most I can ever recall.
Btw, Arnett was the shortest in time as HC. Times have changed a lot over the years.

R2Dawg
11-16-2023, 12:38 PM

Seriously.

Houstin and GT were year 1 first of all. Second they were both ranked and really good teams that year. Also we got screwed by key officiating calls those two games that if made correctly we probably win with Tyson Lee at QB.

USA yeah was a bad loss. Bad coaching move with QBs that game. Fitz plays that game and we win by 3 TDs.

So then, what are the bad losses? USA yeah and I can't think of another. Not bad in 9 years. I can think of many recent coaches with 3 bad losses each season.

R2Dawg
11-16-2023, 12:40 PM
And State absolutely disrespected South Alabama to start that game. The players were jumping around smack talking before and during the coin toss. Mullen came out in Khaki Shorts for gosh sakes! Maybe Georgia could do that to a team like South Alabama but State was too close in talent level to USA and had turned down several players who were on that team. Over-confident much??

USA game was lost because we didn't play the best QB we had that day. The all time rushing SEC QB sat on the bench.

Matt3467
11-16-2023, 12:50 PM

Weren't the Houston and Ga Tech losses on year 1? Plus Houston won 10 games that year and their QB threw for nearly 6k yards while Tech won 11 games and finished in the top 10. I don't think that's very fair to criticize plus we played them very well. Now South Alabama was bad but Prescott had just left so we were starting a new QB plus we missed a two FGs that game. Still shouldn't have lost but South Alabama isn't Maine and I don't believe we ever had another loss like that under Mullen during his nearly decade tenure. Heck Saban lost to ULM.

Homedawg
11-16-2023, 12:59 PM

But still....

Homedawg
11-16-2023, 01:00 PM
With an expert opinion like this, I guess that wraps it up. Move on, can't hire him.

Other than having a much better body of work, having won at our specific school, and 15 years SEC HC experience? There is absolutely upside with him over the others, he's the only one that isn't a massive risk.

Speculation.

Everyone does. Nobody, and I mean nobody, likes wining and dining arrogant high school kids and their families that typically think their baby is gods gift to sports. Its cancerous, you have to work with some of the worst people on the planet, and it is RIPE with corruption all the way to the core. If someone says they like recruiting they are A) lying B) a world class POS.

I didn't even scroll up to see who he was talking about, but since he said that, I'd probably have whoever it is on top if my board.....

Homedawg
11-16-2023, 01:01 PM

We have to target the G5 kids that are sophomores or juniors that have started and played really well, but not too well. That way we can build some depth and hopefully recruit a few HS kids that are difference makers.

We have to get Stonka back committed to us. He is the type of kid that can be a big time player, plus we have a great shot at keeping on campus for 3-4 years before he goes pro.

This is well said

BlackSailsDawg
11-16-2023, 01:50 PM

Your rules. No excuses.

Really Clark?
11-16-2023, 01:56 PM
Your rules. No excuses.

What set of rules would include Houston and especially a P5 ranked GA Tech in 2009 to count as bad losses? Good lord you lose the freaking plot sometimes dude. Go outside and play until your mom comes pick you up.

vindastra
11-16-2023, 01:59 PM
Two questions:

a. Does Megan still go around kissing players on the mouth?
b. Is Hevesy coming back?

Homedawg
11-16-2023, 02:09 PM
Two questions:

a. Does Megan still go around kissing players on the mouth?
b. Is Hevesy coming back?

a-probably
b-no

FISHDAWG
11-16-2023, 03:44 PM

He may have hated recruiting but it sure seems like we consistently had more talent under him than anyone since

CaptainObvious
11-16-2023, 04:07 PM
I'd have her walking the Suites kissing the Big Donors on the mouth if it meant more NIL donations.

MrCoachKlein
11-16-2023, 04:10 PM
dup

MrCoachKlein
11-16-2023, 04:19 PM
FEI

That GT team was really good. Won a lot of $ on them that year. (If we're talking about 14 bowl)

ETA:

Rk School Conf AP Rank W L OSRS DSRS SRS Off Def Off Def Off Def Off Def
1 Oregon Pac-12 (North) 2 13 2 14.36 7.86 22.22 61.16 5.13 11.41 5.10 6.57 3.39 8.58 4.13
2 Ohio State Big Ten (East) 1 14 1 13.44 7.00 20.44 62.75 5.78 10.71 4.44 6.98 2.61 8.38 3.52
3 Alabama SEC (West) 4 12 2 9.46 10.88 20.34 57.12 -0.11 10.71 4.50 6.35 1.96 8.23 3.40
4 Texas Christian Big 12 3 12 1 11.20 7.76 18.96 61.91 4.27 9.52 5.31 6.22 1.96 7.88 3.51
5 Georgia SEC (East) 9 10 3 10.88 7.96 18.84 59.13 3.93 9.85 4.09 7.30 3.12 8.27 3.60
6 Ole Miss SEC (West) 17 9 4 0.87 15.93 16.80 47.62 -4.36 9.79 4.17 5.63 2.19 7.51 3.13
7 Michigan State Big Ten (East) 5 11 2 9.76 6.31 16.07 56.98 6.56 10.02 5.23 6.16 2.02 7.73 3.85
8 Georgia Tech ACC (Coastal) 8 11 3 13.44 2.48 15.92 55.23 9.17 10.98 6.13 7.24 3.80 8.10 4.96
9 Mississippi State SEC (West) 11 10 3 8.49 6.55 15.04 55.06 4.93 10.35 5.02 6.32 3.08 8.02 4.27
10 Auburn SEC (West) 22 8 5 11.92 3.07 14.99 56.34 6.61 11.13 4.96 6.77 3.07 8.31 3.96

FEI:

Opponent-Adjusted Efficiency

Unadjusted Efficiency

Strength of Schedule
Rk Team Rec FBS FEI OFEI Rk DFEI Rk NDE Rk NPD Rk NAY Rk NPP Rk ELS Rk GLS Rk ALS Rk
1 Alabama 12-2 11-2 1.21 1.26 4 1.41 6 1.55 5 1.47 5 .163 10 1.71 6 2.34 2 6.43 2 10.06 1
2 Oregon 13-2 12-2 1.14 1.66 1 .77 33 1.79 3 1.81 3 .185 7 1.61 9 1.46 16 4.84 9 9.41 4
3 Ohio State 14-1 14-1 1.14 1.27 3 1.19 13 1.84 2 1.83 2 .273 1 2.05 3 1.72 10 4.73 13 9.31 6
4 Georgia 10-3 9-3 1.05 1.22 5 .91 23 1.40 6 1.37 7 .210 4 1.75 5 1.45 17 4.84 10 8.56 14
5 TCU 12-1 11-1 1.03 .66 13 1.39 7 1.65 4 1.72 4 .233 2 1.84 4 1.07 41 3.70 35 7.26 44
6 Ole Miss 9-4 8-4 .89 .08 40 1.81 2 .75 23 .68 25 .081 28 1.32 14 2.31 4 5.92 3 9.35 5
7 Arkansas 7-6 6-6 .88 .56 16 1.36 8 .83 20 .71 23 .113 19 .21 57 2.32 3 5.80 4 9.23 7
8 Auburn 8-5 7-5 .88 1.18 6 .66 40 .57 29 .58 29 .073 31 .36 47 2.67 1 6.80 1 10.04 2
9 Mississippi State 10-3 9-3 .84 .55 18 1.14 15 1.02 11 1.05 10 .136 14 .93 21 2.03 7 5.05 7 8.02 23
10 Michigan State 11-2 10-2 .82 .69 9 .85 24 1.23 8 1.24 8 .192 6 1.01 19 1.47 15 3.65 39 6.71 56
11 Georgia Tech 11-3 10-3 .79 1.28 2 .18 63 .94 15 .88 20 .069 32 .27 53 1.16 32 4.18 21 8.63 11

parabrave
11-16-2023, 04:37 PM
I'd have her walking the Suites kissing the Big Donors on the mouth if it meant more NIL donations.

About like this?

https://youtu.be/pKdMJbKaOWk?t=84

lastmajordog
11-16-2023, 05:34 PM
There is no doubt DM did a miracle job after the Croom debacle. The first year he came within an all american finger block of a pass beating LSU, He had me there. But with the good you take the bad. He took Relf and beat the crap out of a om team that beat LEACH’s best team in a bowl. He developed Dak and somehow got several future all american/ professional defensive icons . But the jump pass when everybody knew it was coming and the total meltdowns against om several years and Bama in 14 when he had a chance to truly make him HOF material, is just head scratching to me. I truly love what he did for the “DOGS”......but to bring him back reminds me of the POLK episode.......a prophet can never go home.....JMHO. I hope the best for him and his wife.......and kisses for everyone.

Todd4State
11-17-2023, 12:33 AM

I was fine with Dan up until the end of 2015 when he tried to leave us again. It's fine to want to move up but he completely neglected our job and it cost us. Which if I remember correctly is where the big rift between him and Keenum started.

There is a right and wrong way to handle your business and he did it the wrong way.

But for me it's more about what is best for MSU- and right now we desperately need to improve our recruiting department.

Bringing Dan back would be a nostalgia grab and stuff like that should be reserved for football uniforms. Not the guy running the show. I mean- we might as well make Jackie a candidate too. I could say coming back for the tribute re-charged his batteries or whatever and that he would figure out recruiting just because that's what my fantasy world says. Doesn't make it any more true than Dan coming back and all of a sudden "learning his lessons" based on zero evidence.

Turfdawg67
11-17-2023, 01:09 AM
There is no doubt DM did a miracle job after the Croom debacle. The first year he came within an all american finger block of a pass beating LSU, He had me there. But with the good you take the bad. He took Relf and beat the crap out of a om team that beat LEACH?s best team in a bowl. He developed Dak and somehow got several future all american/ professional defensive icons . But the jump pass when everybody knew it was coming and the total meltdowns against om several years and Bama in 14 when he had a chance to truly make him HOF material, is just head scratching to me. I truly love what he did for the ?DOGS?......but to bring him back reminds me of the POLK episode.......a prophet can never go home.....JMHO. I hope the best for him and his wife.......and kisses for everyone.

This is all so true. Look at the posts in 2015... most on this board were so ready to get rid of him. That's why I agree with the poster that compared it to a battered wife syndrome. "He was so good to me... at times". My goodness, I got tired of defending him back then. Remember the mantra, "He won because we beat 4 OOC games and won 2 of Vandy/UK/OM every year". And when he left, I looked at it from a different perspective and agreed. Well now, he'll have to win 3 OCC games and face 9 SEC games with an improved UK. I think the DM 2.0 would set us further back and he'd be laughing with his khaki shorts all the way to the bank.

PGHBulldogBG
11-17-2023, 12:57 PM
The great thing about Chadwell is that he built a team from the ground up at Coastal Carolina and also won with Freeze?s players at Liberty. This shows he can do both and adapt to various situations. How that would equate to winning at Miss State is still TBD, but I think he gives us the best chance as the most realistic candidate.