11-15-2023, 05:26 PM
It?s one of many to come but I don?t care. It?s a rebuild
https://twitter.com/On3sports/status/1724897212034121822

Really Clark?
11-15-2023, 05:29 PM
Ballazar as well

MaroonFlounder
11-15-2023, 05:46 PM
I don’t blame Price leaving. He gets 1 carry in UK game for a 16-yard gain and then….zero carries. WTH

parabrave
11-15-2023, 06:01 PM
I don’t blame Price leaving. He gets 1 carry in UK game for a 16-yard gain and then….zero carries. WTH

He won the Egg Bowl last year and doesn't even sniff any playing time. Was he hurt?

BankerDog
11-15-2023, 06:02 PM
He and RaRa were my two favorites in that signing class. He was underused in my eyes. Still baffles me that Arnett and Co brought in Lee as well knowing he had four capable backs in Marks (oft injured), Pittman, Davis, and Price.

R2Dawg
11-15-2023, 06:27 PM
I don?t blame Price leaving. He gets 1 carry in UK game for a 16-yard gain and then?.zero carries. WTH

Yeah I don't understand but all our backs have been productive. This was coming regardless of coach stuff.

CaptainObvious
11-15-2023, 06:40 PM
He and RaRa were my two favorites in that signing class. He was underused in my eyes. Still baffles me that Arnett and Co brought in Lee as well knowing he had four capable backs in Marks (oft injured), Pittman, Davis, and Price.

Price is odd man out. Don't need 5 backs with a modified AR.

BankerDog
11-15-2023, 06:44 PM

You?re relying on a guy who stays injured and a bulldozer in Pittman. In a ?modified AR? you need agility and someone who could make someone miss:Price and Davis.

CaptainObvious
11-15-2023, 06:48 PM
You?re relying on a guy who stays injured and a bulldozer in Pittman. In a ?modified AR? you need agility and someone who could make someone miss:Price and Davis.

Price is gone. He saw the writing when he had a great run and never got the ball again. Maybe the new guy can talk price into staying. Or maybe there is another back in our future. Hmmmm.

Bothrops
11-15-2023, 06:54 PM
Ballazar as well

Fastest kid on the team

Homedawg
11-15-2023, 08:38 PM

Hope he finds a landing spot. He won't in p5.

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 08:41 PM

Agreed. Saved us in the bowl game and forgotten by this incompetent "coaching" staff this year. He will break out with another team next year just like DJ at Washington.

chef dixon
11-15-2023, 08:43 PM
Honestly who cares. Every RB on our team is average and a dime a dozen. It's the reality of the position. Very rare to stand out and highly dependent on O line and scheme

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 08:47 PM

This staff also brought in a TE who has yet to catch a pass in 4 plus years and can't block. Another TE that was already enrolled at TCU for a 5th year, thus ineligible. A WR from E Washington who seldom sees the field. DB's who don't even dress out and I could go on. Evaluation, along with coaching was not their strong suit at all! Hoping for the hire of a real SEC type HC and staff, on and off the field. ASAP!

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 08:50 PM

You talking this year or next? This O was a pack of incompetent lies to players & fans. Far from an modified AR, which bored me to tears, but so did this joke of an offense.

bigbub50
11-15-2023, 09:01 PM
Honestly who cares. Every RB on our team is average and a dime a dozen. It's the reality of the position. Very rare to stand out and highly dependent on O line and scheme

Great post. RB?s are not near as valuable as they were 10-20 years ago. The game has changed. Look at nfl pay by position and that should tell you everything.

Homedawg
11-15-2023, 09:04 PM
Agreed. Saved us in the bowl game and forgotten by this incompetent "coaching" staff this year. He will break out with another team next year just like DJ at Washington.

He's not gonna be at a p5. He's not dj. I like price but the comparisons start and stop at they both played rb at state. That's all.

HancockCountyDog
11-15-2023, 09:39 PM
He's not gonna be at a p5. He's not dj. I like price but the comparisons start and stop at they both played rb at state. That's all.

I thought he showed something in the bowl game as a freshman. He didn?t play this year, I thought he was a solid back. I could see him at a low level P5 team.

I just don?t like losing players that can be solid that are young off this years team. We need the bodies.

Homedawg
11-15-2023, 09:46 PM
I thought he showed something in the bowl game as a freshman. He didn?t play this year, I thought he was a solid back. I could see him at a low level P5 team.

I just don?t like losing players that can be solid that are young off this years team. We need the bodies.

I won't argue w any of that. He was solid in the bowl game. But like someone said above, he's just another rb not a game changer. But everyone is looking for a difference maker in the portal. He isn't that. I do agree I didn't want to lose him. We gonna lose enough guys as it is. Some we don't want to lose others that, quite frankly, don't matter. But bodies could be tough to come by, no matter the coach.
Eta, we were lower level p5 and he wasn't starting for us. So that sorta makes the point

Goldendawg
11-15-2023, 10:14 PM
Our WR and RB room were too heavy with bodies especially after trying to change the O. Never understood taking another RB like Lee when we already had Woody, Price, Davis and Pittman. Taking Bellazar and Freddy Washington were also head scratchers when we had so many slot types ahead of them and going to force TE's on the field (no receptions and questionable blocking for Goede in his career to date or Ellis, a converted FR OL and an inelgible TE). That no one on this staff saw how thin we were on DL was an injustice.

OhGee
11-15-2023, 11:18 PM
Price has looked pretty good, but so have others who got carries this year. David and Pittman look pretty good to me. We need help in other places more than RB. I like Price, but this move probably helps Price and MSU.

Pancho
11-16-2023, 01:12 AM
reload the entire roster if it suits the new HC

Bothrops
11-16-2023, 02:43 AM
Taking Bellazar and Freddy Washington were also head scratchers

Those are two guys that would kill it with a reliable qb in a working offense. We are going to wish we had those type guys on the roster in the future because we are going to be thin and slow.

Cooterpoot
11-16-2023, 08:36 AM
We don't have a hoss RB on campus. We've got solid guys, but we need a hoss. Price and Woody are gone after this year. We just offered a Juco RB that's not very good too. We need to upgrade the RB room, problem is, we need to upgrade so many rooms because Leach and staff killed our recruiting where you going to get the money to portal it all?

Cooterpoot
11-16-2023, 08:42 AM
Our WR and RB room were too heavy with bodies especially after trying to change the O. Never understood taking another RB like Lee when we already had Woody, Price, Davis and Pittman. Taking Bellazar and Freddy Washington were also head scratchers when we had so many slot types ahead of them and going to force TE's on the field (no receptions and questionable blocking for Goede in his career to date or Ellis, a converted FR OL and an inelgible TE). That no one on this staff saw how thin we were on DL was an injustice.

I got news, Bellazar has been good in practice. He was playing next year, especially with Tulu leaving.

CJDAWG85
11-16-2023, 09:43 AM
They could be just testing the waters and waiting to see who we hire.

Cooterpoot
11-16-2023, 09:51 AM
They could be just testing the waters and waiting to see who we hire.

I'll be surprised if Zavion isn't looking around in a big way, Creed possibly, but there's not many that will find a better place. A few will jump for PT at smaller schools.

defiantdog
11-16-2023, 09:56 AM
I'll be surprised if Zavion isn't looking around in a big way, Creed possibly, but there's not many that will find a better place. A few will jump for PT at smaller schools.
Zavion maybe, Creed no

HancockCountyDog
11-16-2023, 10:33 AM

I've been told that Zavion is getting in the portal and that LSU will actually take him this time around. It wasn't a secret that he wanted to transfer to LSU, but they weren't interested. My guess is that they will be interested now. Especially with them losing several WR's off their roster to the draft.

I would think Zavion would be one of the few NIL priorities on the roster for our next HC.

Homedawg
11-16-2023, 10:58 AM
I've been told that Zavion is getting in the portal and that LSU will actually take him this time around. It wasn't a secret that he wanted to transfer to LSU, but they weren't interested. My guess is that they will be interested now. Especially with them losing several WR's off their roster to the draft.

I would think Zavion would be one of the few NIL priorities on the roster for our next HC.

I wouldn't put much hope in him returning. But I guess there's always a chance

HancockCountyDog
11-16-2023, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't put much hope in him returning. But I guess there's always a chance

How do i dislike a post on this site, because he is one of key underclassmen on this team that we need to keep. THen again, if he wants a bunch of NIL money, we probably can't do it, since we have so many other needs.

BigDawg81
11-16-2023, 12:29 PM
Poole now enters the portal

R2Dawg
11-16-2023, 12:41 PM

Yep, Zavion will get some NIL money.

HancockCountyDog
11-16-2023, 12:53 PM
Poole now enters the portal

I consider myself a pretty dedicated MSU fan, and I had to google him. I didn't hear his name being mentioned by any of our insiders, so I'm just assuming that was a recruiting miss.

Homedawg
11-16-2023, 12:54 PM
How do i dislike a post on this site, because he is one of key underclassmen on this team that we need to keep. THen again, if he wants a bunch of NIL money, we probably can't do it, since we have so many other needs.

You can dislike it. I get it. Just bringing it to the table. Be prepared. I'd love for him to stay. I'm prepared otherwise. It's been a roller coaster....

Homedawg
11-16-2023, 12:55 PM
I consider myself a pretty dedicated MSU fan, and I had to google him. I didn't hear his name being mentioned by any of our insiders, so I'm just assuming that was a recruiting miss.

Guy from last years class from ga.

HancockCountyDog
11-16-2023, 12:58 PM
Guy from last years class from ga.

Yeah - I'm not bothered by a freshman WR that redshirted leaving. That is to be expected. I don't want to lose any lineman at this point. We really need bodies.

The one thing that the people that didn't like the AR got right is that the roster beyond the senior class is god-awful. I just went through it, looking for Poole and I swear its seniors and a few SEC players and a bunch of guys that have never played. I'm not sure I have ever seen a roster with this many seniors. Such a wasted opportunity.

HancockCountyDog
11-16-2023, 01:47 PM
Will James, freshman corner from Theodore has entered portal.

Homedawg
11-16-2023, 02:37 PM
Yeah - I'm not bothered by a freshman WR that redshirted leaving. That is to be expected. I don't want to lose any lineman at this point. We really need bodies.

The one thing that the people that didn't like the AR got right is that the roster beyond the senior class is god-awful. I just went through it, looking for Poole and I swear its seniors and a few SEC players and a bunch of guys that have never played. I'm not sure I have ever seen a roster with this many seniors. Such a wasted opportunity.

Again, Emerick and Dudek were trash. It's not hard to see. You got it.

BrunswickDawg
11-16-2023, 02:43 PM

And they are COVID Seniors - so we are talking about a number of guys who committed to DAN MULLEN -

Crumedy, $ Bill, Bookie, Preston Jr., Jett all committed in 2017 to Mullen. Talk about some guys who have seen it all.

Cooterpoot
11-16-2023, 02:43 PM
Our football program has been poorly managed since Mullen left. That's why we better make the right hire. I'm not worried about transfers much outside a couple players here and there. Most will either withdraw or wouldn't start anyway.

MrCoachKlein
11-16-2023, 02:48 PM

Zavion has always wanted to play for LSU. I hope we can keep him. Creed can hopefully fill his spot without much drop of he does depart

Bothrops
11-16-2023, 05:06 PM
Zavion has always wanted to play for LSU. I hope we can keep him. Creed can hopefully fill his spot without much drop of he does depart

Zavion is definitely gone imo. We won't be able to keep him. Creed may wait it out but I think he elects to leave as well. We are about to see if a total rebuild can be done at MSU.

Homedawg
11-16-2023, 05:22 PM
Our football program has been poorly managed since Mullen left. That's why we better make the right hire. I'm not worried about transfers much outside a couple players here and there. Most will either withdraw or wouldn't start anyway.

Oh my you're about to get drilled by a certain % of this board about a few years mentioned in your first sentence

Coursesuper
11-16-2023, 05:23 PM

This is not far off the mark, we absolutely have to get this hire right. If we miss the effects could be devastating to the whole athletic department.

TrapGame
11-16-2023, 05:24 PM
Zavion is definitely gone imo. We won't be able to keep him. Creed may wait it out but I think he elects to leave as well. We are about to see if a total rebuild can be done at MSU.

That's why we need a savvy coach that can evaluate the portal talent. Rebuilds are totally different now.

Bothrops
11-16-2023, 05:38 PM
That's why we need a savvy coach that can evaluate the portal talent. Rebuilds are totally different now.

That'd be great if we could buy the top 15 players who are in it.